[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was WoW EVER good or is that just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
Was WoW EVER good or is that just a meme?
>>
it was only good if you were a teenager with no prior MMO experience
>>
>>332470987
WoW managed to appeal to a wide range of audience and excelled as a big hit in pop culture, something no MMO prior really managed to capture.
Azeroth = Immerse
>>
>>332470382
why does this image exist?
>>
>>332470987
As someone who has been playing mmos since meridian 59, vanilla wow was okay
>>
File: 1458819244431.jpg (110 KB, 684x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458819244431.jpg
110 KB, 684x1024
>>332470987
This couldn't be more wrong.
Vanilla through Lich King was the ultimate experience. It was very fun. You met literally all sorts of players of all ages. You had the elite players, you had the casuals, the inbetweens. Back before server transfers you had tight knit guilds that if you ask any vanilla WoW player about they'll reminisce about fondly. You had rivalries with the opposite faction, raiding with 40 people just felt epic. The game was so big and there was so much to do back then. Taking my rose tinted glasses off for a second it's clear the game was never meant for everyone, but having been the most successful MMO in gaming history should really speak for itself. I spent lots of time looking up lore on wikis because the stories were just so rich. Battleground pvp was a grind but world pvp was so fucking epic. My server always came together to help each other out. Just good times all around. These days WoW is a whole different experience. Just feels so soulless and empty unless you're on a high pop server.
>>
>>332472227
I feel sad I never got to experience it properly in its heyday.

I quit too early.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_062307_232400.jpg (273 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_062307_232400.jpg
273 KB, 1280x1024
>>332470382
You never had to fight over a meeting stone. To claim it for your faction, or to delay the other faction's raids for 15-20 minutes for absolutely no reason.

I don't blame you, you couldn't possibly understand.
>>
When WoW was new it was pretty great
Comunity was good
Databases didn't exist so people actually asked for help and shared quest info
Bosses and dungeons weren't known so people actually had to make an effort
Nobody knew how to play their class or spec correctly

It was fun, I miss it.
>>
File: gUPk9qz[1].jpg (128 KB, 717x632) Image search: [Google]
gUPk9qz[1].jpg
128 KB, 717x632
Well this part has never changed.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_110507_012900.jpg (349 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_110507_012900.jpg
349 KB, 1280x1024
>>332470382
You never got to come together with complete strangers to form a guild and be complete bros with all of them. To compete with other guilds every week for server firsts, facing unfamiliar mechanics and fights that were frequently difficult to the point of bugginess. You'll never experience the celebration from getting a server first kill on an un-nerfed boss by the absolute thinnest of margins.
>>
>>332473512
>the church
So darkspear right? You didn't kill KT server first, Vox did

Also nobody in the world killed pre-nerf KT
>>
File: Swifty.jpg (462 KB, 1481x994) Image search: [Google]
Swifty.jpg
462 KB, 1481x994
>>332473658
The guild got better at raiding, but it was never as fun as being unknowns in 2007-2008. I haven't played in years, but it was magic while it lasted.
>>
>>332470382

If you need to ask you didn't enjoy it yourself when it was good. There's little chance you'll be able to experience what was good about it now.
>>
>>332474296
iirc that guild wasn't shit until late wrath. vox dominated during tbc (it was nox before they xferred off) and onwardsthe pve scene until the end of wrath when valk stopped playing. vox was just okay during vanilla though, horde guilds and ruin were a lot better.

swifty was also terrible in pve, i've played with him a few times. funny dude though.

pretty sure I've actually healed for the church during wrath because i had some friends in it who needed some help, its been a while though I cant remember well

only reason I know so much about is cause I was in vox from vanilla-wrath. I miss them a lot, was like a over-dramatic family with the a gm with anger issues who couldn't resist not hitting on every girl that ever joined
>>
Sure. WoW marked the death of old-school MMOs, but at the same time early WoW still sorta was the last old-school MMO. Shit was immersive as fuck. Too bad most of what made it fun got "streamlined" out of the game and Blizzard started to cater to the MMO hardcore who provide the most stable revenue but only want to play a numbers treadmill.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.