[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point to chalice dungeons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
There's so many of them and it's the same thing over and over again, and the bosses are just regular enemies with a big health bar and one shot you. They just aren't fun. I'm in depth 3 hintertomb and pthumeru. But I feel like I'm missing out on a huge part of the game.

What do you say, /v/?
>>
fuck early chalice dungeons, do they get less boring later on?
>>
>>332459153
They are good for gem, stones, and blood echo farming, and they have some unique weapons items.
They also have a a lot of unique bosses. The standard pre-made chalices are boring but the randomly generated can be pretty good. Also they are very fun for co-op.
Pthumeru chalices are pretty boring imo. Isz and Loran chalices are way better.
>>
>>332459153
You need a guide to do them cauz 90% of the areas is useless.
However some boss are really good and its the biggest challenge that the game can offer.
>>
>>332459153
Also wanna know this. I'm trying to finish up 3rd playthrough before selling it to fund DkS3, but chalice dungeons just seem boring and unnecessary. I've done fine without gems and I dont PvP, so.....
>>
>>332459504
some of the bosses are fun but overall i think they're pretty boring
>>
>>332459504
Slightly less boring. They were just interesting enough to play while listening to podcasts and radio shows.
>>
Some fun bosses later on.

Also the only way to get the plat if you care about that sort of thing.
>>
>>332459153
>Good chalice bosses
Abhorrent Beast
HMPH
Watchdog
Queen Yharnam
Bloodletting Beast
HMPH Elder
>decent chalice bosses
Watchers
Parry possessed Soul
Forgotten Madmen
Keeper
>Bad chalice bosses
mobs with boss hp
>Dogshit chalice boss
Undead Giant w/chains
>>
>>332459569
I literally can't beat loran darkbeast in the lower loran chalice dungeon. The shit has ridiculous health and kills you in like 2 hits. What's a good level to do the loran and isz dungeons? I'm around 130 right now.
>>
Fuck the cursed chalice. But yeah if you want a plat you have to do a few of them. Special alt boss and stuff.
>>
>>332459153

It's a shame, because although gems and maxed runes and alternate weapons are the reward, the FRC bosses are actually the best part of the game.

There should have been like a couple preliminary chalices before getting to Pthumeru Ihyll, Ailing Loran, and Isz and the Hintertombs should have been removed completely.
>>
Chalice dungeons are an okay thing in concept, the issue with them is that they're just not varied enough to make for an actual "procedural generation experience" thing like an actual roguelike. The room layout means nothing because it's still the same rooms. Also some of the later bosses, particularly the tiny room ebrietas are just so painful to deal with that I just stopped bothering.
>>
>>332460719
>Undead giant with chains
Legit one of the worst bosses in any souls game. The fucking shockwaves on that motherfucker and the chains can SUCK MY FUCKING DICK
>>
>>332461192

130 should be fine. Keep under him just to the side. Also use fire.
>>
>>332459153
27% cursed games and flat gems
Some bosses not in the main game
Trophies if you care about that
>>
>>332459504
SLIGHTLY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.