[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't /v/ think that this is the best final fantasy game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: latest.jpg (57 KB, 800x274) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
57 KB, 800x274
why doesn't /v/ think that this is the best final fantasy game?
>>
Most of /v/ has poor taste.

Seriously, though, I love this game.
>>
Most of /v/ are hipsters who think FF9 is a good game.
>>
because it's the worst one
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1920x1080
>playing FFVI for the first time
>man this game is so amazing
>this beats all other final fantasy games by miles
>get to the final dungeon
>hear this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfvEpsgR5qU [Embed]
>mfw

It was then that I realized that FFVI is the greatest game ever made.
>>
File: The_great_deku_tree_sprout.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
The_great_deku_tree_sprout.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
>>332457085
Because that isn't 5. 5 is the best all around and nothing with ever surpass the POWER OF THE VOID!!!
>>
>>332457085

Because 7 is baby's first Final Fantasy.
>>
What? VI and IX are the only FF games that this board defends the most.
>>
>>332458614
When a piece of music makes you think a game is the greatest ever and not its gameplay your probably playing it for the wrong reasons.
>>
It's cyclical really. Whatever's hot today will be a meme tomorrow and whatever was hated today will be dabeezneez manyan.
>>
>>332457085
>Why doesn't a community with different people of varying opinions agree with my opinion.
>>
>>332459282
>final fantasy
>gameplay

GOOD ONE ANON

Great knee slapper right there.
>>
>>332459425
I never implied FF was the pinnacle of gameplay dumbass.
>>
>>332459531
Okay then.

>final fantasy
>good gameplay

Final Fantasy was never about the gameplay you child.
>>
>>332459748
Thanks for proving my point. Dumbass.

>Thinking a Final Fantasy game is the greatest game ever
>>
>>332457085

/v/ is too busy taking XV's fat, smelly, smega-covered dick right to the root.

Once it's out and the dickriders start shitting on it instead, we'll see how the opinions on the other games reshuffle again. Probably we'll see a lot of new love for XIII, and people will start hating 8 and 12 again.
>>
>>332460415
There's already a lot of pushback on the XIII hate here. Deservedly so.
>>
>>332459027
/thread
And most of them don't even remember shit past midgar
>>
>>332460415
I still hate 8.
>>
It is objectively, but it's still not my favorite. Although it has climbed to second place from fourth just this year.
>>
>>332459748
>Final Fantasy was never about the gameplay you child.
Underage detected.
>>
>>332457085
Hmm, let's see.
>not fun to play, because it's:
>broken and buggy, sketch bug and evade not working were well known long before the internet was widespread
>extremely easy, makes all of the previous games look like pinnacles of difficulty in comparison, with Kefka being the easiest final boss in the entire series
>has trash character balance, characters like Cyan and Umaro are not fun or rewarding to use no matter what you do while other characters are excellent right out of the gate and stay that way
And this was a series where the first game had dungeons like the Marsh Cave that were rough even on prepared players. This game is just spitting on its predecessors.
>>
>>332457840
why would i think any final fantasy game is good?
>>
>>332465320
>Kefka being the easiest final boss in the entire series
i've never played FF6. is he really easier than Sephiroth and Yu Yevon?
>>
VI will always be overshadowed by Chrono Trigger, and both will always be overshadowed by VII
>>
File: dancing mad.jpg (294 KB, 557x1435) Image search: [Google]
dancing mad.jpg
294 KB, 557x1435
>>332465564

He is. By the time you fight him you can be so OP you can kill him in 1 single "attack command".

Btw that's only if we are talking about Kefka, the whole final boss (Kefka's tower + Kefka) is another thing.
>>
>>332465564
Yu Yevon barely counts as a final boss but he is legitimately easier than Sephiroth in every way. The tower can be blown apart effortlessly by anyone with strong AoE abilities, which aren't in short supply in FF6, and Kefka himself is basically Safer Sephiroth with 65535 HP in a game where that much HP can be melted off by an endgame party that didn't grind in a single round.
>>
>>332466073
>he is legitimately easier than Sephiroth
but you don't even have to press buttons to win that fight.
>>
>>332466032
>the whole final boss (Kefka's tower + Kefka) is another thing.
The only thing remotely difficult about them is that the second and third parts have counters that activate on death that will probably kill someone, which doesn't matter as much as it sounds like it does because you replace dead party members with the next in line.
>>
>>332465564
I figured out that you can just exploit the quick spell with that relic that makes all magic be one MP, making the doublecast relic redundant
The Gilgamesh fight was much more rewarding than Kefka because he actually pushed my buttons, as well as some other side story bosses you do before you go to Kefka's Tower
>>
>>332466557
>making the doublecast relic redundant
You mean extremely overpowered because now you're slinging five spells and Quick each time you get a turn.
>>
>>332457840
>FF9
>good
They must be from reddit. I'm not even kidding, they had a got damn sticky on the final fantasy sub over there dedicated to discussion of ff9.

I used to go there for the fanart, bite me
>>
>>332466782
get over it dude. just accept that if you like any final fantasy game youre a faggot. liking 6 the most doesn't make you a good gamer.
>>
>>332466657
a waste of a relic slot
ribbon and celistriad(1 MP cost) will always be my favorite relic combo (Next to Dragon Boot's and Dragon Tooth) for Terra, Celes, Strago, and Relm
Just cast a second quick and you can keep the chain going
I agree that having doublecast makes things less tedious of using quick spam, but I really like that Ribbon protection
>>
>>332466991
I wasn't being salty, I should have said "thinking FF9 is best". I honestly find Tactics, VIII, and the XIII to be the most fun
>>
>>332467190
>making the doublecast relic redundant
By the time you get this combo there's nothing that can do anything to you before you kill them.
>>
>>332467302
I suppose
>>
Because X-2 did ATB better and FFVII did world exploration better and IX did character development better and VIII had a better final dungeon and practically every villain in the series is more interesting than "I'm crazy because I am just like Tina but sociopathic" Kefka
>>
>>332468084
>Because X-2 did ATB better
Fucking IV and V did ATB better because it had bosses that actually needed you to pay attention to it! The only innovations VI had related to it was the ability to pass your turn and AI improvements, both of which it failed to take advantage of.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.