[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Early access games you didn't regret purchasing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
ITT: Early access games you didn't regret purchasing.
>>
File: hammrtime.webm (3 MB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
hammrtime.webm
3 MB, 980x551
>>332453987
Hands down starsector.
>>
No more?
>>
Dirt Rally
>>
Starbound.
>>
>>332454113
This is some Outlaw Star shit.
>>
File: 1450597342767.jpg (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1450597342767.jpg
36 KB, 512x512
>>332453987
>mfw play that mall scenario the first time
>>
>purchasing games

Lol I'm not a casual fampai
>>
Besiege. Shit is pretty fun and it actually gets updated.
>>
>>332453987
This game's great, I played it a few months back and felt like they'd really added a lot to it. Holing up in the construction yard with some make shift walls around me, before finding out weeks later that there was a zombie just chilling in the toilet that I completely didn't notice was a great feeling. Though there was an issue with zombies biting you through things from what I remember, and the way loot worked was kind of weird. Same as travel being restrictively hard, meaning you ended up just chilling in whichever town you started in, which kind of sucked, a bit more ability to move around later in the game would have been nice.

Have they added much of note in the last 6 months?
>>
Grim Dawn and Crea.
Not regretting Killing Floor 2, but not waiting forever for it to get to a point that it could be considered a FULL GAME.
>>
>>332454113
it it freebuild on the ship shapes?
>>
Rust

even though it really should have been fucking finished by now, I've gotten 70 hours out of it so I'm happy with that purchase

Not sure I'd recommend it though
I'd either wait for it to finish, or wait for a big update that forces full server wipes, otherwise you'll be at an even bigger disadvantage than just lack of experience, since people will still know blueprints and shit but you won't
>>
The story content needs to come out already.
>>
>>332453987
MGSV though i wish they woud finish it
>>
>>332453987
So is it still hold up in building until starving simulator or do they have objectives yet? Game feels so empty and could easily make them more early access money if they added actual things to do or work towards.
>>
Basement
>>
>>332458141
I honestly never got into this game, I didn't like how you could never really get comfortable in it, constant tension and having to move around to find resources kind of got dull after a while. Story mode will likely fix this though, it just needed some extra ways to find a location and make it more useful.

The amount you needed to eat was also insane, no-one dies if they don't get 3000 calories a day, or however much it was.

Recovering from hypothermia was done really well though, I had some great experiences with that.
>>
Cube World

Obligatory
>>
>>332453987
Is Zomboid really worth it? I almost picked it up in the past few sales but always decided against it because early access.
>>
>>332453987
ARK: Survival Evolved
I just got my new video card and can now play it since I got it last winter. I was actually avoiding it for all the other games I pirated. I was about 2 hours into Wither 3 when I decided to try out ark. I deleted witcher 3 and 3 other games and I now only have time for ARK>
>>
File: header[1].jpg (110 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
110 KB, 460x215
>>
>>332458339
Last I played you could farm, build walls, really set up a proper base of operations, and other survivors were getting added soon. It really shines in multi with a few mates though.

Also, just set it so there's lot of zombies but they don't respawn, then you can work towards making your area safer, and eventually completely secure before expanding out into more dangerous regions if you get past the hard early game, it's good fun.

Some traps or something would add a lot to the game I think, stuff zombies can get stuck on to make it easier for you to kill them.
>>
Space/Medieval engineers
>>
File: header[1].jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
42 KB, 460x215
>>
>>332458637
I'm this guy
>>332458339

And from what I've played I'd say no. Everone says the game is "fun" in multiplayer but I can't imagine it. The fun I'd imagine is the roleplaying kind where you are also pretending to have fun.
>>
>>332458949
>pretending to have fun

Is this like fake fun? Because if you're having fun by roleplaying, you're just having fun, it's not fake.
>>
File: Factorio.png (581 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Factorio.png
581 KB, 800x450
Best GOTY ever forever
>>
File: 7daystodie.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
7daystodie.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>332453987

literally the only one i dont regret
>>
File: Cringing mummy.gif (905 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
Cringing mummy.gif
905 KB, 240x228
>>332453987
>Go to look up OP's game
>Isometric shit
>>
>>332453987
rimworld
>>
>>332458890
This so much. Being able to play games despite friends being away for university is the best
>>
>>332456714
Underrated post. Outlaw star is my jam.
>>
No regret
>ARK
>7DtD
Half Regret
>Savage Lands
At least the devs actively update it, even if their updates kinda break everything most of the time.
>>
>>332459304

Did they ever optimize this shit? It was fun, but we all had 30-35 FPS no matter what settings, kind of killed it for us.
>>
>>332458710
mah nigga
>>
>>332461139
Yea, I had issues with it too, I could never get it run particularly stable, even though it's not that great a looking game.
>>
>>332461139
>>332462052
I played it for a bit like two months ago because I was itching.
It still plays jagged. Better than before, but jagged.
>>
>>332462052

Yeah, me and a bunch of friends picked it up, but we all had FPS problems with it, which eventually made us just stop playing it, ironically enough the guy with the outdated shitty Dell laptop had more FPS than all of us

This was years ago, though, judging by the Steam forums it looks like it's still not fixed...nice
>>
>Nobody has posted Kerbal Space Program
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.