[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Pokemon GO footage and info
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1455687825270.png (115 KB, 375x380) Image search: [Google]
1455687825270.png
115 KB, 375x380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vWF54mkQ0

>Players will create and customize their own character. You can join three teams: Red, Blue, and Yellow.
>There are no battles against wild Pokemon. To catch a Pokemon, touch the Poke Ball with the touch screen and throw it.
>Pokemon have natures: Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion.
>Pokemon have CP values. It is not yet known that this means, but there is speculation that it might be “Capture Points.” The higher the Capture Points, the more difficult it is to capture.
>There are normal, legendary, and mythical Pokemon. All Pokemon types, including Fairy, are present in the game.
>You evolve Pokemon via Evolution Shards obtained by battling wild Pokemon. Once you obtain enough Shards, you’l receive an Evolution Stone.
>There doesn’t appear to be status ailments like paralysis and burn since all moves in the game cause damage.
>There are 137 movements programmed into the game, as well as 95 “fast” versions of those movements.
>During gym battles, it seems that Pokemon only have two moves. Each gym will have a level of prestige. You’ll get points in the gym, but their purpose is unknown.
>The following rankings exist: Novice (level 5), Trainer (level 10), Leader (level 25), and Professor (level 50). By the time you reach level 50, you can store up to 500 Pokemon and 1,000 items.
>You can buy packages including items and gems with real-world money.
>There will be a day-night cycle.
>The field test only features the first generation of Pokemon and does not give players a starter Pokemon. There is no indication of Mega Evolutions yet.

More info here
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/pokemon-go-japanese-field-test-leaks-new-details-footage
>>
>>332445803
Looks shit
>>
Blue team is the best
>>
>even more Gen 1 pandering
FUCK OFF ALREADY. And no details if there's even an actual combat system too, this shit is going to be trash.

I am curious about the new natures, but I doubt those will really mean anything.
>>
>>332445803
Looks like shit. I'll stick with the handheld games in the comfort of my own home.
>>
>>332445803
>>There are no battles against wild Pokemon. To catch a Pokemon, touch the Poke Ball with the touch screen and throw it.

>>You evolve Pokemon via Evolution Shards obtained by battling wild Pokemon.

Uhhhhh...
>>
>There are no wild pokemon battles
>You evolve by obtaining x from wild pokemon battles

Wew lad
>>
>>332447023
>>332447078
>There are no battles against wild Pokemon, in the field test at least. To catch a Pokemon, touch the Poke Ball with the touch screen and throw it.

OP was being cheeky by removing "in the field test".
>>
>There are no wild pokemon battles
>You evolve by obtaining x from wild pokemon battles
Okay anon
>>
>>332445803
>no Green

dropped
>>
>>332447221
Post was too long had to cut some parts
>>
>>332445803
>has a day night cycle
Pretty funny,
Rumor also has it will have graphics as good as the human eye and be in VR
>>
>>332445803
>Shit generation pokemon only

Great none of my team is in the game then. It's shit.
>>
>232 moves, 95 of which are 'quick' moves. These include moves that are not in the game in the original RBY games e.g. Moonblast. THERE MAY BE 2 MOVES PER POKEMON (Warning: this is not directly confirmed, only implied.)
>There are 151 Pokemon data files in the game. All are the original Gen I Pokemon, unfortunately. Classed into normal, legendary, and mythic.
>Items include Pokeballs, Potions, Max Revive, 3 battle items, and 5 types of Berries (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Pinap, Wepear). All these berries are introduced in Gen III, and they have no battle effects in the main game. Separated into 6 categories: Pokeball, Food(berries?), Medicine, Boost, Utilities, Camera.
>DAMAGE variables are included in the files. Also: "PokemonAttack baseDef indivDef PokemonDefense". CPs seem to be unique to each individual Pokemon, and higher CP means a harder catch. Most likely stands for "Combat Points".
>Biomes (courtesy of /u/DonniesCatch) can be found, including locations like "Train Station" or "Hospital". Separate biomes seem to have different backgrounds for Pokemon encounters/gym battles. Bonus pic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4cfy3h/field_test_what_we_know_so_far/
>>
File: 1455851951686.jpg (168 KB, 760x933) Image search: [Google]
1455851951686.jpg
168 KB, 760x933
>>332445803
>Pokemon have CP values.
Of all the abbreviations they could use, fucking CP?
>>
>>332445803
Sounds fucking awful.
>>
File: 35473456.png (159 KB, 301x445) Image search: [Google]
35473456.png
159 KB, 301x445
>>
>>332448112
but anon, only gen 1 is good. everything else is trash.
>>
>>332445803

Dropped. I wanted a mainline pokemon game in augmented reality form.
>>
>>332445803
This is EXACTLY what I thought it was going to be, Seem like a fun thing to do a few minutes a day.

But really who gives a shit when gen 7 are on the horizon.
>>
>/v/ makes threads about shitty mobile games made for normalfags
>>
>>332448198
>Combat Points

I think it means Capture Points but whatever.
>>
>>332448547
You must hate /po/
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.