[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it so shit compared to the originals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: rise_tomb_raider_box_art.jpg (636 KB, 1650x2250) Image search: [Google]
rise_tomb_raider_box_art.jpg
636 KB, 1650x2250
why is it so shit compared to the originals?
>>
Um the originals have not aged well at all...they weren't even good
>>
>>332429530
>SJW
>Laura
>american
>killing literally armies of men instead of puzzles and platforming
>"RPG" elements
>dumb swearing whore instead of a lady
etc etc etc
>>
>>332429530
Because it's a bootleg Uncharted made by nobodies. It has nothing to do with deceased franchise.
>>
>>332429720
just die.
>>
I bought it a few weeks back when it was 25% off.
It's pretty much Uncharted feat. Lara Croft.
It's not a bad game, just painfully average.
I think I should have waited a few more years for the price to bottom out.
>>
feminism :/
>>
>>332429530
They made it a character driven game rather than a story-driven, puzzle game. For that to work, it has to be an interesting character.

Lara is no longer strong, sexy and doing whatever the fuck she wants girl of the old games. She's a whining nobody that literally no-one cares about. She has no sex appeal and no character beyond "i'm upset, but I have to go on because I'm a survivor". She doesn't do or so anything interesting; it's like she's just there to prove that women can be as strong as men.

The puzzles that took such huge precedence before are no longer complex and interesting, now they are simplified and take a back seat to this boring ass sjw womyn.
>>
>>332430290
>>332429895
The controls are terrible, the visuals were not good even at the time, lame story, and the gameplay wasn't good at all. The reason why it was reverent back in the 90s is because They advertised her sex appeal more than the game.

Just because it was on of your first PlayStation games and vidya faps that doesn't mean it's good. I bet you have a tattoo or Lara poster in your room. Lmao fag
>>
>>332429530

the originals were trash though. aged about as well as Sonic Adventure.
>>
nu-raider feels like it was formulated in a lab to be the perfect game for casuals
>>
>>332431295
>The controls are terrible
Never had any problem with them, neither did hundreds of other people. You're just shit.
>the visuals were not good even at the time
Good graphics =/= good game
>lame story
Better than the new ones, as I said.
>gameplay wasn't good at all
Subjective. I enjoyed it, so did dozens of other people.

Not going to read any more.
>>
>>332429720
they're only hard to play now because the graphics are terrible. hunting for keys on the floor in pitch fucking darkness with muddy textures everywhere is almost impossible.
>>
>>332429801
>swearing whore
I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.