[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pure pwnage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
Did anyone manage to see the movie? How does it compare to the web series?
>>
>>332425438
I thought the comic was fucking bad ass at the time. Looking at him makes me feel sad tho.
>>
wait the movie came out?
>>
>>332425582
>Looking at him makes me feel sad tho.
Why?
>>
>>332425789
cuz it should have been 10 years ago.
>>
>>332425438
The web show was amazing until T died. Then it was pure shit so I stopped paying attention to Jeremy and the crew.
>>
>>332425838
maybe. But based on the trailer it seems like the quality is great. Jerret doesn't look like he aged so its thats fine. Does the movie take place in 2016 after a time skip?
>>
>>332426332
Jeremy you mean? Who is Jerret? Is that his real name?
>>
>>332425438
I'll watch the movie later today. Start a different thread afterwards.
>>
>>332426512
ya, Jarett Cale
>>
Woah he doesn't look like he aged
>>
It's out, Hope it doesn't suck my balls.
>>
Used to come home every day after school and watch these over and over.
Back when i didnt understand he was a character.
Hope the movie is good
>>
>>332427338
>Back when i didnt understand he was a character.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU FUCKING RETARD!
>>
>>332427338
I thought Doug was just an amplified version of his actor but it turns out hes a really chill dude. Actors scare me.
>>
Also does he still do the humping tables/monitors thing? I imaging the SJW and political correctness crowd would try to stop them if they got really popular. But i think he did it even in the TV series.
>>
>They're coming to Vancouver for a live screening
>There's a 19+ afterparty
Fuck. Yes. I'm going, I'd love to meet Jarett and Geoff.
>>
>>332427584

Did you actually laugh hard or did you just type that out with a blank expression on your face
>>
>>332428007
>It was almost 2 months ago
For fuck sakes. Now I'm sad.
>>
where can I watch this?
>>
>>332426164
The web show stopped being amazing when he was introduced.
>>
>>332429010
they did screenings at festivals in north america and Europe but the dvd will probably be available soon. I heard they are trying to find out what digital distributors will host it.
>>
>>332429163
>teh_masterer tells jeremy to stop being a faggot and branch out and play more games besides just Day of Defeat.
>T -Bag tells him him he needs to pick a game and stick to it

He must have been so confused
>>
BOOM
>>
>>332425438
I feel like this is way too late, but still want to see it.
Also kinda shame it's LOL, but I guess traditional rtses are dead so it makes sense that they went with what kids are into these days.
>>
>>332430387
Anyone else wants some?
>>
>>332425703
There have been screenings in theaters, but it's not released yet, they said they are hoping for an April digital / dvd / blu Ray release on the last stream
>>
>>332431646
The sad fact is that it's what THEY are into now, Jarett basically spergs out about how fantastic League and Destiny are now 100% of their twitch streams
>>
File: PP_Micro.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
PP_Micro.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
Why couldn't they just let Pure Pwnage stay dead?

It used to be a self deprecatory show about people who were, for all intents and purposes, fucked up. They lived in a fantasy world and everyone around them knew that they were pathetic losers, but they were so deep in their delusion that everything seemed okay to them. The source of humor was the disconnect between them and their world, and the jokes were generally at their expense. It was fucking funny.

Now it looks like self masterbatory "HAHA US GAMERS AMIRITE?" schlock for Twitch watching 14 year olds.
>>
>>332434818
>I'm determined to hate everything
>you should hate everything too
>>
>>332434612
Nothing wrong with that. I'm myself more Dota guys and even that I haven't played in ages, but nothing wrong with liking LOL. It's just that it feels weird for PurePwnage.
Although the whole team game aspect is something new for it.
>>
>>332435116

>thing used to be good
>creators want to reboot it after a long time
>they've clearly forgotten everything that made it good
>HURR U JUST HAET EVERYTING

Or are we just going to forget how awful the TV show was?
>>
>>332434818
I thought Jeremy and Doug were supposed to be elitists from their respective genres (RTS's and shooters) only exaggerated. A fun part of the series was watching Jeremy grow as a character. He definitely has that disconnect at the begging but mellows out towards the end. If he has that disconnect he never would have befriended Anastasia or T-Bag.
>>
>>332435289
The tv show was awful because they didn't have creative control, with the movie they do

It's not unfair to characterize the show as us gaymers lel, but there's really nothing to suggest the movie is in that vein, so one again: determined to hate
>>
>>332435402
fuck i thing her name was Taji or something
>>
>>332435289
The TV show was watered down version of the original series with same jokes told worse.
The movie is way late, but it also has been in works for a long while and seems to be more of a project of passion.

>>332435402
Jeremy's main genre was rtses but it was shown that he pwned in pretty much any game and every genre.
>>
>>332435402

Jeremy's disconnect from reality ultimately causes him to push away T-Bag and Anastasia because he's broken.

The show got shittier when it started focusing too much on its own canon and not on being funny
>>
>>332435523
The web series went downhill with time.
It's a frequent trend in various serial media forms that as time progresses, ideas run dry and series grow stale.

His point stands, sorry you're completely retarded
>>
>>332435523

>there's really nothing to suggest the movie is in that vein

So you didn't watch the trailer I guess
>>
>>332435773
I saw it when they premiered it live on steam, you have the standard /v/ 'new thing? ITS SHIT' disease, which I'm glad to say that I dont
>>
File: 1457871977635.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457871977635.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
I remember this show back in the days before the whole "us gamers amirite XD" fad. There even was no youtube back then. It was phenomenal, something uncanny and fresh. Now it's completely redundant.
>>
>>332436586
Man, that Gape interview video is one of the best videos I've seen in a long time. I was really excited to watch more of their content, only to realize after a few videos that it's one of the most unfunny channels on Youtube.

How did these complete retards come up with something so golden?
>>
always christmas time in dun morogh
>>
>>332437040
Bob steals the show, he fucking shines in the spotlight every time.

Also be sure to check out their Paperboy 3 The Hard Way
>>
You know, I would think this movie would be about Dota rather than League since it's supposed to be the more "hardcore" game or something.
>>
>>332435667
>episode where he plays that guy at hockey and wins the xbox from him
Glorious
>>
>>332438134
it was table tennis.

"NO ONE BEATS ME AT TABLE TENNIS!"
>>
>>332435931

I don't automatically hate new stuff you mouth breathing moron.

I see things with my eyes, apply critical though, and come up with a judgement based on the information I have.

Notice, in this conversation I've offered concise and rational reasons why I think it's gonna suck and you've just flippantly dismissed me because "you hate everything."

I sure wish I could just dismiss somebody who disagrees with me.
>>
>>332437040

it seemed awesome at the time, but in hindsight its as though they did little more than ape trailer park boys, but in the video games as the social isolater rather than poverty
>>
>>332440417
I'm absolutely okay with that.

Hopefully they'll leave that video as the only one. If they try to make another one I suspect it'll just go straight downhill.
>>
I'd watch it if someone had uploaded it to a torrent site. Pretty fucking annoying since I've pretty much watched both the amazing web series and the shittier but more polished TV one.

Hated the fuck out of how they've made Doug literally retarded in the TV show, both him and Jeremy were basically bored dudes who got way into the medium in the webseries.
>>
File: lol.png (77 KB, 188x231) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
77 KB, 188x231
We only have Kenny Hotz to thank for this becoming a movie. If it wasnt for him picking up the show for a SHOWCASE tv series they wouldnt have gotten the fanbase(basically allowing hollywood to think they are worthy of a movie) to make the movie. We owe it all to Kenny. Thanks man dreams do come true
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.