[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout New Vegas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: header.jpg (49 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49 KB, 460x215
Was Dead Money the worst DLC?

So in Dead Money you had to... let go? What?

The story didn't make any sense except for Elijah being crazy. What do you need to "let go" of?

And it's easy to carry off all the gold you want so there's nothing making you "let go" there either.
>>
>>332423263
It's objectively the worst.
>>
>>332424504
>It's objectively the worst.

Honest Hearts exists. Lonesome Road exists.
>>
Honest Hearts > Lonesome Road > Old World Blues > Dead Money
>>
>>332423263
gameplay wise sure. but the story was well done. Lonesome Road in my point was the worst. but i like them all.
>>
>>332424574
Honest Hearts is okay. Lonesome Road was a let down. Specifically since they hype it up in all the other dlcs.
>>
>>332423263

Old World Blues > Honest Hearts > Dead Money > Lonesome Road.
>>
>>332424625
OWB > HH=LR > DM
fight me
>>
>>332423263
>What do you need to "let go" of?

If you are asking yourself that question, you have shit for brain, skipped all dialogs and probably used tgm too.
>>
>>332424740
Honest Hearts had a nice map with fuck all to do in it. The main quest was dumb as fuck too.

Survivalist's story was way more interesting.
>>
Old world blues was the bomb
>>
>>332424972
I want the next Obsidian game to be about the Survivalist
seeing as Bethesda would probably require them to make it an FO4 clone with a voiced character and everything it'd be the best possible outcome
>>
File: 1455594749783.png (313 KB, 1280x396) Image search: [Google]
1455594749783.png
313 KB, 1280x396
>>332424876
Objectively correct.
>>
>>332424692
the story was pretty shit tbqh
>>
>>332424876
I'm already at the park.
>>
>>332423263
I was going through a bad breakup when it came out and it helped me get through it with the whole "let go" thing, it made me cry.
>>
>>332425513
For real?
>>
>Was Dead Money the worst DLC?
Nein nigga, Lonesome Road had the worst story and Honest Hearts had the worst gameplay.
>>
>FO:NV > FO3
>FO3 DLC > FO:NV DLC
Debate me.
>>
>>332426098
Mothership zeta.
>>
>>332426165
And we are done
>>
Dead Money > Honest Hearts > Old World Blues > Lonesome Road

desu I wasn't really interested in the game anymore when I played the last two.
>>
All the NV DLCs had a shit story. There were little things that were nice touches like the Survivalist or various new gameplay elements/mechanics but none of them were actually "good." Obsidian went full melodrama and the story turned into a soap opera.
>>
>>332423263
for me, OWB >lonesome road >dead money>HH

found HH to be pretty boring all around

hated the invincible holopeople and instant death area in DM, i like to take my time and explore, look at stuff. GREAT story

lonesome road as a smug, pseudo philosophical message that is a little too much for me but the area is great

OWB is my prefered one, as a stand alone that did not REALLY happened in the story, so much pseudo science fun
>>
ITT: People who skipped all the dialogue
>>
>>332426098
>Magic rednecks with shotguns that rip through power armor like paper because Beth can't balance for shit

Nah.
>>
File: Vulpesinculta.jpg (78 KB, 405x727) Image search: [Google]
Vulpesinculta.jpg
78 KB, 405x727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY
who /hype/?
>>
Dead Money is the best of the bunch by far. Fuck everyone who says otherwise.
>>
File: 1454177071332.png (532 KB, 704x623) Image search: [Google]
1454177071332.png
532 KB, 704x623
>>332423263
>let go? What?

Let go of the past, you mongo
>>
File: 1459105033492.gif (2 MB, 624x335) Image search: [Google]
1459105033492.gif
2 MB, 624x335
I was on acid when I beat Old World Blues, and the epilouge made me cry

Now, I loved Dead Money the first time I played it. However every replay since has been a fucking bore, so I would agree with OP, but Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road are both ehh
>>
>>332426098
Point Lookout was pretty good, but that's pretty much it
Dead Money > Old World Blues > Lonesome Road > Point Lookout > Honest Hearts > The Pitt > Broken Steel > Operation Anchorage > Mothership Zeta
>>
>>332423263
>What do you need to "let go" of?
Christine has to let go of her quest to kill Elijah
Dog/God have to either let go of the other, or become someone new
Dean has to let go of his hateboner for Sinclair and the gold
>>
>>332427371
This a Nexus Mod? Whats the preeminence? Joining the NCR fighting against the Legion more near Washington and Canada? How are the Aliens involved?
>>
File: Gun.jpg (62 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
62 KB, 397x525
Honest Hearts > Lonesome Road > Old World Blues > Dog Shit > Dead Money
>>
>>332427553
>command list on the right
>>
>>332429349
>HH is good meme
I Honestly don't get it. What did you actually enjoy about HH? I liked the setting but literally everything else fell flat, the characters were either uninteresting or felt unfinished, there was only like one significant choice in the entire thing and the whole DLC felt like a chore. That said the Sneering Imperialist option for the ending is unironically one of my favorite things in the entire game.
>>
>>332429832
>What did you actually enjoy about HH?
Joshua.
>>
File: Survivalists.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Survivalists.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>332429832
>What did you actually enjoy about HH?
>>
>>332432713
survivalist was pretty fucking good
>>
>>332423263
Dead Money was great, people just don't like it because it's unconventional. Letting go is the biggest theme in New Vegas. House needs to let go of the old world. NCR needs to let go of controlling the entire country. Cass needs to let go of her caravan. Boone needs to let go of his death wish from Bitter Springs. And you can't "easily" carry out all the gold, you have to use some kind of exploit.
>>
OWB>DM>LR>HH

Fact.
>>
>>332433056
Was just about to post this
>>
>>332429832
the story was brief but the area was moderately large allowing you to explore what you wanted and get the fuck out in a reasonable amount of time rather than sit through 8 hours of hallways on rails for the minute of dialogue in between areas
also the survivalist logs are the most well-crafted story in the entire game
>>
Honest hearts was just a fetch quest, the only good part was Joshua was pretty cool I guess, and the .45 auto pistol was fucking cash
Dead money had a cool atmosphere and story but gameplay wise I'm sick of having my legs broken every 3 seconds from bear traps
Lonesome road also had a great atmosphere but was such a let down story wise, no interesting characters just enemies and Ulysses
And owb was funny, unique, had an interesting world to explore and gave you a sick ass axe.
So the first 3 have pros and cons but owb was just awesome
>>
DM > HH > LR = OWB
>>
Dead money had some god tier atmosphere

https://youtu.be/QaIyoIe9U00

I love especially how that isn't just spoopy random music, there's an in game reason for it to sound like that.
>>
Is New Vegas worth playing for the DLCs?

I can't get into this game, everything looks boring and bland
>>
>>332424945
>OP points out how easy it is to get out with the gold

He fucking stated it directly in the OP. How autistic are you that you felt obligated to make that post
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.