[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protip: all graphics cards are getting shitty, ridiculously HUEG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 510320765[1].jpg (80 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
510320765[1].jpg
80 KB, 1024x819
Protip: all graphics cards are getting shitty, ridiculously HUEG cards that need extra power just like the old voodoo cards.

We need to start over and...no, you know what? You fuckers just need to stop being fucking graphics whores and accept games with good, decent, bright, colorful, graphics like we had ten or so years back instead of the shitty ZOMGDARK BROWN BLOOM UGLY "HD" garbage we have these days.

Yes, I said it. Graphics were BETTER fifteen years ago than they are today. If you don't think so, you're a fucking graphics whore and need to shoot yourself in the head.
>>
I agree, mostly.

But it's not unreasonable to want the best graphics you can, when given the choice.

I wouldn't say graphics were better back then per say, but there is something about them that just works.

Plus they run better on my toaater
>>
shame graphics are hardly improving anyway and devs only using those xbox hueg cards to not need to optimize as much
>>
>>332402112
you are aware that there's a die shrink coming up, right?
>>
File: jc.jpg (380 KB, 1084x1027) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
380 KB, 1084x1027
graphicsfags are the worst.

literally everything else in games is more important than grafix.
this is coming from an idort that has a high end gaming pc and lotsa consoles
>>
>>332402112
I fucking love Mafia.

Can we talk about Mafia ?
>>
Stop posting, retard
The current gen of cards is always big because they need more cooling, and the infrastructure isn't refined yet.
Theyre also no getting bigger.
Go compare a GTX 580 first release to a 980.
Go look at budget cards, like a 780, a newer version of one, see that it's half the size as it was when it first came out.
Now go compare an old x60 series to a current x60.

You literally don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>332403481
>graphics are hardly improving
Oh look, another retard
>>
>>332403771

>gets pissed about the size of the cards themselves
>doesn't deny that muh graphics has no impact on gameplay or enjoyment of said gameplay
>>
File: racing.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
racing.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>332403759
Yes, let's talk about Mafia.
>>
I think my issue with the continuing focus on graphics isn't so much that I think graphics are totally detached from gameplay and they don't matter, but that chasing after the mega huge blockbuster is leaving the industry with safe AAA shooters and smartphone shovelware. The in between is getting harder to find and Japan seems to be retreating heavily into fan service games.
>>
>>332404063

I did this race legit during my first playthrough, it took a lot of time and dedication.

Then I cheesed it.

Because fuck that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.