[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_ 5_rumours_intensify_as_w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: playstation-4-10-21-15-1.jpg (61 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
playstation-4-10-21-15-1.jpg
61 KB, 1024x576
http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_5_rumours_intensify_as_wall_street_journal_corroborates_earlier_reports.html

Wew
>>
I give it around 7-12 months after this thing drops where games run like molasses on the standard PS4. I give it a similar time frame for how long they'll keep standard PS4 stock on hand.

I wonder how many "iterations" they'll work through before they make you buy all your fucking controllers again.
>>
File: 1457056878235.gif (610 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1457056878235.gif
610 KB, 245x184
>NEVER EVER
>WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT A PS4 YET
>LOOK AT MY COLLAGE OF UPCOMING TITLES
>JUST BUY IT ALREADY GUYS
PC wins again.
>>
File: New_Nintendo_3DS_logo.png (21 KB, 341x84) Image search: [Google]
New_Nintendo_3DS_logo.png
21 KB, 341x84
Remember;
IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
Why don't they just make some form of expansion pak, you know...if consoles these days are just trying to be PCs.
>>
>>332401256

but in this particular example it is ok
>>
>>332401256
>3DS
>$200
>better controls and lego toys bundled together
>PS4
>$400
>same controller, no other advantage besides having performance that isn't shit
RIP sony
>>
>>332401018
Next gen is nigh. I would become enraged if the whole '4 The Players' campaign turned out to be a cock and bull story.
I'd understand, if they were talking about a slim, less noisy model, but what they're supposedly up to is inappropriate.

>>332401256
The problem is, Nintendo had upgraded portable consoles, not stationary ones. Wii U, despite being underwhelming, didn't, as far as I'm concerned, get a superb model (that is, power capacity oriented).
>>
File: 136926335685.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
136926335685.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>tfw you bought wii u
>tfw you later bought xbone
>tfw you bought ps4 during last christmas sale

how much of a failure of a man am i?
>>
>>332401361
>sonyggers
Kill yourself
>>
#4theplayers
>>
>>332401645
Have you enjoyed the games you played so far?
>>
File: 1433399336533.gif (2 MB, 631x351) Image search: [Google]
1433399336533.gif
2 MB, 631x351
>>332401645
>buying consoles early
what a dingus.
patient fag here, emulating Wii U, everything on XBONE is coming to PC, I'll get PS4k.
>>
>>332401361
>the sonyggers who keep trying to push the "iPhone" narrative

It's not even the iPhone narrative

The moment sony adopted the AMD system architecture(not just the fucking x86 instruction set, there's a lot more than that to computer systems) it became much easier than ever before to release more consoles at a faster pace as they don't need to redesign the whole thing from scratch again.

AMD will keep developing and producing their chipsets and reference designs in parallel regardless of sony

AMD will keep their system architecture somewhat constant enabling much easier backwards compatibility for both end user software and internal tools/software

Faster console release cycle will reduce the difference between the previous console and the newest console so forwards compatibility is also a possibility

It's still one family of chips with two variations(or maybe 3 in the future), so software optimization is still viable and worthwhile
>>
>>332401645
I know that feel.
>enjoy Splatoon/MH3U/Smash/Hyrule Warriors on Wii U
>enjoy Bloodborne/things I can't run on my PC/Salt & Sanctuary on PS4
>literally only play Killer Instinct/Rare Replay/Shape Up on Xbone

I've never felt so let down by a console before.
>>
Trans here. I'm selling my PS4 and just getting a PC and a VR system - leaning on the Vive but I'll wait until all the reviews are in.

Should I get a G-string monitor or are they not really worth the extra money?
>>
>>332402335

G-sync I mean. Stupid auto correct.
>>
This generation is making me seriously consider dropping consoles. I already have to occasionally upgrade my pc, I'm not fucking doing it for boxes that are supposed to stay static for the entire generation. Didn't buy the new 3ds either.
>>
File: 12488272642.jpg (66 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
12488272642.jpg
66 KB, 500x414
>>332400668
>rumours intensify
>>
I don't give a shit because I'm not a sensationalist moron who screams about the end of Sony before they've even said anything about it at E3

I hope you guys have your fat crying Wojak pictures ready for E3 when it turns out the "upgraded hardware" is just for 4K Bluray video and the old model doesn't get obsoleted
>>
>>332402335

Vive is, on paper, the best vr system. Although, I'm personally going to wait a few months to make sure mods are able to make Occulus games playable on the Vive and that vr game production is stable or growing before jumping in.
>>
>>332402335
The improvement is real. Whether or not you should spring for NVs version of it though is a different matter
>>
>>332402518
Just wait till the Gen is over. Been doing that since the Gamecube days.

Plus you can usually pick up most 'last gen' games for cheap as fuck after a few years of the 'new gen.'
>>
>>332402760

If Sony just does that then they are fucked because half their fanbase wants an upgrade and they will be furious if Microsoft does an xbone revision that you can upgrade if you want (Because the entire xbone fanbase wants that) and the Nintendo NX has better specs. If they announce upgraded hardware that plays games better. They piss off the other half who don't want an upgrade.

Sony is fucked either way on this. That's why it's a bad idea. The crying Wojak's will be out in force anyway.
>>
You'd have to be a complete idiot to early adopt consoles at this point.
>>
>>332402969
How do you know "half their fanbase wants an upgrade"? That thing hasn't been around for long enough for people to want an upgrade if you ask me. Last gen was abnormally long but the longer a gen lasts the more you get for the money you as a consumer put into a console. Why would anyone want a stronger Playstation 4 after 3 years?
>>
>>332400668
>why buy a PC that you need to upgrade every other year to play the games on? PC master race, haha.
>>
>>332400668
I wonder how many times this thread is going to be made.
>>
>>332403601

Every Day till E3
>>
>>332402335
>trans

kill yourself
>>
>>332402335
My wife's son here, why are you telling us you're trans, no one cares????
>>
>>332401256
>b.b.but NINTEDOOOOOOOOO
defend yourself first before bringing other in your own misery, kid
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.