[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AGEIA PhysX card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
You remember this shit?
You bought it when it came out and tried to <hard sale / guilt trip / threaten> me into getting it with you, talking like it's the second coming.
You assured me that only idiots play games without one.

How did it turn out for you? YYYYYea.
>>
I'm sorry anon but I don't even know you.
>>
>>332400336
>You bought it when it came out
No i didn't.

> and tried to <hard sale / guilt trip / threaten> me into getting it with you
No I didn't.

> How did it turn out for you? YYYYYea.
Never brought it. Problem?
>>
>he fell for the physx meme
>>
There were people who actually bought these?
>>
For some reason /v/ has a "root for the underdog even if its products are literal shit" mentality.
>>
>>332400336
say what you will but physX had a fucking genious scam going on - if they didnt get bought out we'd all be putting a physX card into our systems now.
>>
>>332400336
Why are you mad about NOT buying a shit product?
>>
i thought they were killed by nvidia putting shitty physics in their cards to fuck them.
>>
File: index.jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13 KB, 275x183
You were that annoying rich kid at school right?
Remember this shit?! That you were showing off to everyone?!!

Feel pretty STUPID now don't ya?
>>
>>332403390
>if they didnt get bought out we'd all be putting a physX card into our systems now.
>implying that's not what has been happening for years now
>>
i've still never played a game that used physx to any significant effect, there hasn't been a single instance where turning it off causes enjoyment of a game to decrease
>>
has any new games actually used physx?
>>
>>332403691
Yes, but minimally. Otherwise AMD users would get fucked and that's a loss of revenue.
>>
>>332400336
Do this card still works? lets say i have an AMD card and want to run the physX from arkham knight, does it work?
>>
>>332403519
Whatever bro that shit was badass.
>>
>>332403691
I thought that shit was part of the CPUs by now or something.
>>
>>332404174
If your GPU doesn't support it, your CPU will have to do the work.
>>
>>332400336
Don't worry OP, the best graphics card out this second will be obsolete in two weeks.
>pc ćučks
>>
>>332404808
Compared to consoles, which are obsolete day one?
>>
>>332403917
Probably not that one but I know you've been able to toss in a cheap NVIDIA card on top of your AMD one just to run PHYSX for a while now.
>>
>>332403519
I'm sure someone is going to feel very embarrassed and stupid over something they did as a kid 30 years ago
>>
>>332405204
Are you seriously implying they wouldn't?
>>
>>332400336
I had one now that you mention it, but I bought it to play with as a programmer and not someone that thought it was a practical investment for gaming.
When you have a niche platform and an even more niche add-on card, you can expect actual support for that add-on card to be really superficial, since you can't realistically expect someone to invest all of their eggs into a tiny basket.
>>
>>332405334
>shit self
oh no what have I done
>>
I remember being in awe of this as a kid, but PCs were well out of my price range, especially since consoles were barely in my price range. My first was a Gamecube I earned by getting like $20nz a week from local newspaper delivery and I bought it super late in the GC's lifetime.
I'm glad I didn't buy the meme.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.