[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>recently reinstalled windows >just now turn on steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg (40 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg
40 KB, 970x545
>recently reinstalled windows
>just now turn on steam controller
>use it to open start menu and scroll down to the S section
>realize i dont have steam installed

i thought you assholes said this wouldnt work without steam

I WANT MY LOCKED DOWN CONTROLLER AND YOU ASSHOLES STOLE IT FROM ME ;-;
>>
>>332399549
You really thought that windows native joystick driver wont work?
You can use it to soundcards and even some printers
Shit is reckless
>>
>>332399724
the haptic feedback works
>>
>>332399847
>windows 10
Still, native drivers can make shit work half way, and the controller can be used in "legacy" mode.

Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>332400061
>stay on windows 7 when it has 4 years of support left
>>
>>332400307
>you can still have support on XP if you edit it to be reconginzed as an ATM
You can almost remove the botnet from 8 or 8.1 its the best shot now, you cant remove the whole botnet in 10, thats why not yet.
>>
>>332400476
>botnet

if you own a smartphone you have a botnet in your pocket
>>
>>332400740
But not on the machine I store important stuff on, right?
>>
>>332400740
They are different kinds of botnet, they have different targets, win10 botnet, take screenshots of your desktop, among other aggressive telemetry system to know what are you doing, my smarphone can locate me, or send me shit through the adds system it has, but nothing really important to worry about, for now.
>>
You can use it as a basic mouse but you need steam if you want to assign keys
>>
>>332399549
It doesn't though. Without Steam it only works as a mouse
>>
>>332400940
>>332401061
>storing important things on your main drive at all
>not keeping it on an external you leave unplugged unless using

i hope you gt ad attacked with a crypto locker
>>
>tfw lying in bed and playing hearthstone with a steam controller
Comfiness achieved.

It's a fantastic controller for emulation, you can set it up to basically emulate any control scheme easily.
>>
>>332401271
You're just rambling now.
>>
>>332401358
You still can't play games that require precise controls like dota or TF.
>>
>>332401467
Why would I even want to play these with a controller? I have a mouse and keyboard for Dota or FPS games. My steam controller is just here to replace my 360 controller and for emulation.
>>
>>332400740
I have a smartphone running Replicant, in what way am I on a botnet?
>>
>>332401576
Well, I remember them advertising it as a replacement for kb+m, particularly for dota.
>>
>>332401467
>implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvSOKZVB5vo
>>
>>332401636
Well then it's not really what I'd use the controller for.
>>
>>332401576
>My steam controller is just here to replace my 360 controller
how do you even play without a second analog stick?
>>
>>332404187
Like, in what game?
>>
>>332404187
touchpad
Works much better anyway. I use the left touchpad instead of the stick too.
>>
>>332401061
lel

Your smartphone records what you speak. In the future it will know how to replicate your voice perfectly just by using some sentences you have spoken. It knows where you have been. What shopping malls, graveyards etc. Using this data it can predict your movements, when you are going to divorce and ultimately when you are going to die - making a fairly accurate guess at that too. IIt tracks your SMS messages and browser search too all for the effort of profiling you and giving you more personalized targeted ads.The parent company will know everything about you. The app manufacturers know some stuff about you.

In short. Smartphones are more dangerous than your PC. People dont even use PCs at all. I bet 40% of the traffic on 4chan is mobile. And then they go home and play vidya on their consoles.
>>
>>332406361
I use AOSP with only apps from f-droid though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.