[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHO'S READY FOR THE BRAND NEW METROID FUCKING PRIME?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: metroid prime.jpg (163 KB, 1200x805) Image search: [Google]
metroid prime.jpg
163 KB, 1200x805
WHO'S READY FOR THE BRAND NEW METROID FUCKING PRIME?
>>
>>332398707
no
>>
>>332398707
Me
>>
>nothing to do with Prime
>Metroid Prime

why
>>
>chibi multiplayer shooter
>metroid prime

why
>>
>>332398707
Me! Me! Me!
>>
>Linear levels with almost no exploration
>Every enemy shown looks like a joke
>You move like you're square boxes smashing around slowly.
>Get the enemy into its cage by shooting at it mission.
>>
series was best at metroid fusion
>>
>>332400429
No, it was best at Super Metroid. That offered lots of options, and gameplay felt fast-paced due to not being limited by GBA hardware.
>>
File: DREAMGAME.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
DREAMGAME.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Will you buy my dream game anon?

I need to feed my family too ya know.
>>
File: Metroid-Fusion.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-Fusion.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
>>332400586
best story line by far was fusion
followed by echoes
>>
>>332400586
Zero Mission felt fast paced, Super felt clunky and floaty.
>>
Prime faggots asked for this shit for years, now they gotta eat it.
>>
>>332400593
IN DEVELOPMENT SINCE 2007
>>
File: Metroid.jpg (1 MB, 2096x1680) Image search: [Google]
Metroid.jpg
1 MB, 2096x1680
>>
>>332400913
you actually play am2r?

echoes and fusion are goat
>>
>>332398707
So is Blastball canon or what? The feds just waste million dollar suits playing bloodsport?
>>
>>332400913
>skipping the original

nigga you best be rusing
>>
>>332400913
>skip metroid and 2
Can casuals just fuck off for once
>>332400858
Nobody asked for this. What everyone that wanted a GFed game wanted was an actual fucking metroid game based around exploration, just as a member of the marines on military missions instead of a bounty hunter on assignment. Not chibi multiplayer shooter garbage.
>>
>>332400913
>Skip federation force

Okay nigger it doesn't look amazing but have the decency to wait until it comes out and people tries it to form some kind of actual reliable opinion on it.
>>
>>332398707
I'm not a big Prime fan as I prefer the 2D games by far but I'll give FF a chance.
>>
>>332400586
>SM
>fast paced

lol? what the fuck are you talking about?
ZM is fast-paced.
>>
>Horrible controls scheme based on the worst part of the Prime series: the GCN Era controls
>Retarded "Mage/Fighter/Healer" dynamics
>Horrible graphics that show it's roots as a DSiware title
>Baby town missions and difficulty

Not me. Not ready at all. Can't wait for it to bomb. Fuck Nintendo and their out of touch garbage.
>>
>>332402258
There's literally no need. Everything you need to know is summarized here. If you enjoy it, it's because you don't like actual legitimate shooters. FF is a retarded co-op shooter that happens to occur from the first person perspective. The Prime 1 lock+strafe mechanics are GARBAGE for anything other than an exploration and boss fight focused game like traditional prime.
>>
>>332398707
Why have I not heard of this game?
Will it be Metroid's Brawl? Wasn't Other M that already?
Did SSB4 fix shit?

>>332400429
Prime and Fusion were quite good.
Prime 3 had really fucking awesome locations, though, even if the gameplay was mediocre and all bosses looked the same and the story stopped making sense. Oh and half the upgrades were pointless.
I wish there would be a game as good as Prime, but with all of the strengths of Echoes and Corruption added.

>>332400586
>>332400790
2D controls and physics as well as combat were best in Fusion.
You can argue about the level layout, though. I found Super to be tedious and unintuitive.
>>
>>332402996
>Why have I not heard of this game?
Because it's garbage and the fan reaction has been exceedingly negative. The first trailer on youtube had something like 50k likes and 800k dislikes
>>
File: 1377226669174.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1377226669174.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>332400913
>playing Trilogy instead of the superior Gamecube versions of Prime 1 and 2
>>
>>332402818
>GCN controls
>worst
u wat

However, I have no idea how they are supposed to work without the Gamecube controller's shoulder buttons.
That double-trigger was actually vital to the control scheme. Without it, it will be clunky.
>>
>>332403192
>u wat
This isn't up for debate. It's a fucking first person game where you have to hold R to stop and look around. The lock-on + strafe style gameplay was perfect for Metroid Prime. But it's fucking garbage for basically anything else, ESPECIALLY something like a co-op shooter. The gameplay is going to be baby town. There's no alternative scenarios that are possible, that's the nature of the Prime 1 control scheme.
>However, I have no idea how they are supposed to work without the Gamecube controller's shoulder buttons.
That double-trigger was actually vital to the control scheme. Without it, it will be clunky.
No. It wasn't. At all. I can't fucking believe what I'm hearing. Please stop posting.
>>
>>332403192
They're suitable and totally fine, but it's inherently obvious how much better Trilogy was. Literally the only moment where motion controls didn't feel like a retarded gimmick. The only flaw it has is the fact it doesn't have the amazing menus from each game, Prime 1 especially.
>>
>>332403078
Just saw a gameplay video.
Holy fuck. What is this low-budget abomination?

The only thing I feel now is an urge to replay Jet Force Gemini and wish for a coop version of that title. In fact, JFG's visuals were better than this game's.

>>332403381
>But it's fucking garbage for basically anything else, ESPECIALLY something like a co-op shooter.
Fully agreed on that point. The multiplayer of Prime 2 showed that well.
But it's simply good for singleplayer and boss fights, as it circumvents the issue of slow pace that you get without a lock-on feature if you are using a controller.

>>332403536
The real issue with Trilogy is that the difficulty takes a nosedive due to the controls and some of the retarded changes made to boss fights and shit. I'm also not fond of the removal of the gun effects.
The games simply weren't made for that control scheme.

>No. It wasn't. At all. I can't fucking believe what I'm hearing. Please stop posting.
Have you forgotten how targets are toggled with the L trigger? Hold trigger to strafe, press button to lock on. Release button but hold trigger to keep locked on. Press button again to toggle through targets.
That distinction removed a lot of clutter from the controls and added reliability due to the fact that you could physically feel the resistance of the button. You can do it with a different controller, but it will be less reliable.
>>
>>332403781
Nah, you're totally right, it's similar to how Twin Snakes makes the game way easier thanks to better camera angles and first person shooting. Still, prefer Trilogy way more.

Also, I'm glad you're one of the fags that hate how this game looks. I can't believe there's people excusing this fucking garbage. I'm not impressed, don't care if Next Level is a good dev and made great games, that's a pathetic excuse. Niggers forget all the time how Shiggy himself made his fair share of terrible fucking video games.
>>
>>332403781
>Holy fuck. What is this low-budget abomination?
Something Nintendo thought they should fund, develop and release without any traditional mainline Metroids on the horizon.
>Have you forgotten how targets are toggled with the L trigger?
No I haven't. It's something you can very very easily replace. There was nothing about the GCN controller that was "necessary" for the control scheme to work well. I think they dind't even really intend for people to target toggle as much as they did. I can recall they toned it down a bit in later versions of the game and in trilogy.
>>
>>332401350
The original Metroid on the NES is fucking boring.
>>
File: 1455386890119.jpg (21 KB, 482x424) Image search: [Google]
1455386890119.jpg
21 KB, 482x424
>>332399163
>nothing to do with Prime
>Prime-era space pirates
>Prime-era shriekbats
>Prime-era geemers
>Prime-era samus design
>Prime-era metroids
It's okay to not like it but you can't pretend it has nothing to do with it just because you don't like it.
Also, Retro designed the Mech Suits.
>>
>>332398707
>>332399163
It's a spin-off, doofus.
>>
>>332400913
1. AM2R is not even finished
2. Don't say to skip the original, just indicate that they are old and difficult
3. Federation Force is not even out, you don't know if it is bad.
>>
File: reggie.jpg (16 KB, 247x325) Image search: [Google]
reggie.jpg
16 KB, 247x325
>Federation Force doesn't sell well
>"Guess people don't like Metroid anymore, let's stop making the series forever" - Nintendo
>>
>>332406774
Why would it have chibi troopers instead of real ones?

Why would the mission briefings spell EVERYTHING out, including "find a key to the door"?
>>
>>332400913
>AM2R
Wait, what?
>>
I am actually considering getting it. Nintendo at least knows the fans want a new Metroid proper after the shitstorm so I don't see them taking another risk with FedForce 2 or whatever, and the game looks fun for a co-op shooter. Still miffed about the artstyle, though
>>
>>332400913
>Skip Metroid 2
AM2R isn't finished yet, don't put that in place for the actual Metroid 2.
>>
>>332400913
Fuck you Other M is the closest thing to kino this series has.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.