[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far Cry 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: FC2.jpg (203 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
FC2.jpg
203 KB, 1280x800
Far Cry 2 general. I don't lurk often here on /v/ but I just got done playing Far Cry 2 and I feel it doesn't get nearly the praise it deserves. While the AI's fucky, the characters are very static, and I have no idea how little they payed the voice actors, the rest of the game is solid in my opinion, and is way better than Far Cry 3, 4, or Primal (on-par with the first few games maybe?).
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
it' s the best of the series - all action no memees
>>
>>332391129
>all action no memees
Surely you mean the first one. FC2 isn't "all action", it's more of "a lot of driving/walking and then some action".
>>
File: 1453788205584.jpg (13 KB, 196x178) Image search: [Google]
1453788205584.jpg
13 KB, 196x178
this thread is surely going places, op
>>
>>332390837
The game had so many right ideas, but executed them all wrong.
I wish the weapon durability thing stuck around in FPSs but the game screwed the whole concept by not only giving you infinite new weapons, but by making every other gun that you don't own be on the verge of exploding within a few shots.
Really the whole game could have been drastically improved by adding some randomness to it. Weapons be at random states of wear, checkpoints are randomly populated, chases have a random chance of having the rubberbanding AI.

Also the voice acting is absolutely bizarre. It was like they were all muttering while speed reading.
>>
Try play it as if it had perma-death. Its waaaaay more fun and the game is really suited for it
>>
>>332390837
Assault rifles are useless as fuck since niggas and crackas can tank them.
Pesky blows up in your face gun mechanic. It's damn determined.
Less than 24 hours respawning checkpoints and annoying patrols that fucks up missions.
6/10 could have been better.
>>
>>332390837
>wanting a general for a shit game
>>
By far the best in the series. It's everything that FC3 was trying to be when it's autistic writer thought he was make some subversive post modern FPS that critiqued violence.
>>
>>332390837
Try Dylan's mod, it doesn't change much but still improves the game loads
Also try FC3 with Ziggy's mod, it does away with all the bullshit and leaves on the raw gameplay, making it quite enjoyable
>>
>>332391568
>Ubisoft will never make a director's cut with the simple tweaks required to make this game GOAT
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.