[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 25
File: DS2.jpg (73 KB, 784x484) Image search: [Google]
DS2.jpg
73 KB, 784x484
Just me who doesn't enjoy this as much as regular DS2?

I hate how I can't bum rush to a boss without having a gazillion enemies charge me as soon as the boss is defeated and the fog gate appears.

I don't like the new placements. Feels more linear.
It's quite obvious that you aren't supposed to go do Old Dragonslayer until later parts of the game (or if you can bypass the dragon earlier, I haven't found a way), and then you go through Flexile Sentry and the new archer area in Lost Bastile, just to find out that the old way to Ruin Sentinels is blocked off by a Branch of Yore and that you can't go anywhere that way so you are forced to go the Pursuer route.

It just feels tedious compared to normal DS2.

>inb4 "You like DS2? Kill yourself"
>>
>>332386831
DaS2 is garbage
kys tbhq
>>
>>332386831
>It's quite obvious that you aren't supposed to go do Old Dragonslayer until later parts of the game

You can tackle Old Dragonslayer right after the first boss before the Pursuer. You can get past the dragon by using bows from a distance.
>>
>>332389132

That feels like a way to cheese it and not the way it was designed to get past.
Thanks for the tip though, I will try that out.
>>
>>332386831
>It's quite obvious that you aren't supposed to go do Old Dragonslayer

How so because you're too retarded to sprint and get under the dragon?

>le Dark souls 2 is bad meme
>>
>>332386831
The only areas that are actually shit are iron keep and shrine of amana
>>
>It's quite obvious that you aren't supposed to go do Old Dragonslayer until later parts of the game (or if you can bypass the dragon earlier, I haven't found a way)

You can sprint to him before he does his flame breath. I killed him with a normal club, you just need enough stamina
>>
>>332389417
Just fight the dragon. It's not that hard.
>>
>>332386831
>or if you can bypass the dragon earlier, I haven't found a way

Have you tried killing it? Worked for me.
>>
>>332386831

Some of the new enemy placements feel like an improvement. In forest of the fallen giants, there used to be like a dozen dudes that'd bum-rush you as soon as you climbed up a ladder. Same with the waterway in Sinner's Rise, where they swapped out 3 of the mutated dragon fucks with a Flexile Sentry.

I only got halfway through the game tho, could be the placement gets shittier after that
>>
>>332389791

I'll try again, but so far he has barbecued me to death before I even approach him.
>>
>Dragon before Old Dragonslayer is a problem
Just use some Sticky White Stuff and rush at his ankles, breh
>>
Third time trying and I finally beat SOTFS. Firstly, fuck shrine of a man a and cave tseldora. The last half of the game is very good, the ending is very cool, rusted twinblade is the shit.
>>
>>332389916
If you have enough stamina and start sprinting at the right time you can get to him before he fries you, after that he's piss easy.
>>
>>332386831
just get poison arrows and then plib away at the dragon's health to kill Ornestein 2: Dark Boogaloo
>>
>>332386831
>It's quite obvious that you aren't supposed to go do Old Dragonslayer until later parts of the game (or if you can bypass the dragon earlier, I haven't found a way)
You can do it with a very low level character, you kill the heide knight without waking up the drake, then you just sprint to the platform and slay it's ass, it has really low health and is kind of incapable of really hurting other than its breath fire below itself attack which literally has 10+ seconds of windup.
>just to find out that the old way to Ruin Sentinels is blocked off by a Branch of Yore
The key is now next to lucatiel.
The pursuer path gives you a branch of yore so you can go fight the flexile sentries, the no mans warf path (there is also a branch in no mans warf) gives you access to sinners rise.

I would say all your issues are due to your own incompetence and ineptitude.
>>
My only problem is that after nerf patch #26 magic in sotfs is garbage.
>>
>>332390568
Magic in general i fine, it's just lightning spears that were completely fucked over.
>>
>>332386831
t. casual
>>
>>332390648
Might want to try using something other than heal and weapon buffs before saying magic is anything but shit.
>>
>>332390568
Magic is OP, I've been PVPing at Belfry Sol and Iron Keep bridge as my spellsword and all I have to do is spam homing crystal soulmass, soul vortex, and the occasional soul great sword for when they get too close and I win every fight.

Magic is OP because the windups are the same visually for every spell. You can spam some soul Spears at someone, and when they figure out the timing and start rolling, just throw out a soul vortex or a soul great sword to fuck them up
>>
>>332390568
Dunno makes str and dex builds more viable. Look at DeS and DaS 1 where magic is so fucking overpowered. I honestly prefer weak magic cuz the melee combat is more fun.
>>
>>332390947
grats you can beat shitters using magic. Now try fighting those people again with a better build and see how much stronger that is.
>>
>>332386831
The red dragon's nothing too difficult, just make sure to sprint at him and stick to his hind legs.
>>
>>332391065
The thing about my spellsword is that it's also a great melee build. Magic Blue Flame +5, Moonlight Great sword +5, Archdrake Shield. If I run out of spells I basically have a regular sword and board setup. And I'm telling you, it's much easier to kite then spam a variety of spells at people than it is to have to focus on timing your dodges and attacks with melee. Magic is OP, it's easy mode.
>>
>>332390852
Did a magic only run, 3 shotting bosses and 2 shotting common enemies from range is still as strong as ever.
DLC is the only one where magic isn't noticeably overpowered and even then it's just a matter of getting enough casts of soul arrow/dark orb to spam a boss to death with 300 a pop rather than spending 4 attunement slots on 2 casts of crystal soul spear
>>
>>332386831
I just tank 2 fire hits and go in and fuck it's ankles up hard. I did this with the swordsman class, so a whopping 4 vigor. You have literally no excuse.
>>
File: 1442578026973.jpg (35 KB, 573x573) Image search: [Google]
1442578026973.jpg
35 KB, 573x573
>>332386831
Shouldn't you already know about the Branch of Yore in the No Man's Wharf area?
>>
>>332386831
I liked vanilla version more, too. SOFS felt like a romhack version, throwing stronger enemies all around without much thought and ruining the pacing with those statues everywhere that required branches of yore.
>>
>>332390156
Shrine of Amana was some cool shit. It was so goddamn annoying that I can't help but love it. It was designed with the very intention to induce PTSD.
>>
>>332390852
>>332391304
Yeah, I did a magic run too. The game was piss easy, the only boss that got harder was throne defender + watcher because they kept running to my face all the time not giving me enough time to cast.
>>
>>332386831
>I hate how I can't bum rush to a boss without having a gazillion enemies charge me as soon as the boss is defeated and the fog gate appears.
The only area where this is the case over the original DaS2 is Iron Keep though.

>Feels more linear.
Makes no sense unless you mean the petrified statues, in which case that was intentional. Either way, it's still possible and really easy to take those 'optional' paths and be rewarded for them with a challenge. Fragrant branches are handed out like candy as well.
>>
>>332394442
Vanilla felt like a romhack sometimes too. At least SOFS has a decent amount of PvE challenge.
>>
>>332391304
>played through SotFS with a DEX build using old whips, katanas, small shields, bows, etc
>had a hell of a time with some of the bosses
>overall a good challenge, took a lot of work to get good enough to get through everything

I've heard about magic being Easy Souls but I didn't realise it was this bad. You guys aren't exaggerating?
>>
I dislike new enemy placement. They put more monsters everywhere just for the sake of making the game more "hardcore". Putting more statues blocking your way is also a strange decision. It's actually not fun trying to find those branches especially if you don't want to look where to find them in a wiki.
>>
>>332386831
>or if you can bypass the dragon earlier
You can either cheese him with arrows or run toward him before he sees you and hit him until he dies (he will not fly if you get to him fast enough).
>>
>>332386831
The yore branch thing is kinda fucky, I agree
>>
>>332395447
>They put more monsters everywhere
You sure you've played SotFS? They've toned down the number of enemies overall.
>>
>>332395406
no they aren't
magic is retardedly strong on top of being ultra safe
>>
File: 1388579366801.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1388579366801.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>re-release Dark Souls 2
>for real money
>Miracles still complete shit, lightning does no damage AND has no casts
>Hexes still massively overpowered homing missiles with brazilian casts

Just wanted to be a paladin slinging bolts of god's wrath
>>
>>332395447
There are more enemies removed or replaced than added. The only area where it really feels arbitrary is drangleic castle.

The new petrified statues are to give you an actual use for all those branches, and incentive to revisit old areas.
>>
I used a bow and I had nearly no issues with the standard areas most people hate. Shrine of Amana was a goddamn cakewalk. Iron Keep was also piss easy and even fucking Iron Passage is very easily cheesed if you have something like a +5 Dragonrider bow. Having said that however

FUCK
FRIGID
OUTSKIRTS

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PISSED FUCKING OFF ABOUT A FUCKING AREA IN MY LIFE

FUCK WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS

TAKING FUCKING ANTARCTICA AND SCALING IT 1:1 DOES NOT A GOOD LEVEL MAKE, FROMSOFT

FUCK THE BLIZZARD

FUCK THOSE FUCKING SHIT EATING REINDEER WHOSE MOVEMENTS ARE 100% REHASHED FROM THE SHITTY DAS 1 SANCTUARY GUARDIAN WITH 60000000000000 BILLION POISE

FUCK IT MAKES ME SO MAD

I ran back to +10 a fucking large club at Leningrast just so I could pancake the fuckers AND EVEN THEN THE PANCAKING DOESN'T REGISTER SOMETIMES BECAUSE OLO OLOOLO OLOLO >B TEAM IN CHARGE OF THINGS, I HOPE YOU ENJOY LIGHTNING HOOVES

ALSO FUCK you Lud and Zallen were a fucking insult at the end. REMEMBER THAT BOSS YOU JUST FOUGHT? LMAO THERE'S 2 OF THEM, AND THEY BOTH LIKE TO POUNCE AT THE SAME TIME AND THEIR ATTACKS CLIP THROUGH EACH OTHER SO SOMETIMES IF THEY DECIDE TO DOUBLEPOUNCE YOU WITH A DELAY YOU WILL MOST DEFINITELY GET HIT, HAVE FUCKING FUN.

God Cool Ranch Smelter had NOTHING on these shitheads. NOTHING.
>>
>>332386831
>and then you go through Flexile Sentry
Or you can just kill the last giant and cheese the pursuer, fly and skip the dragon rider and the sentry, you'll need to fight the dragon rider at some point to get one of the great souls, but I've always skipped no man's warf, there's nothing there anyways.
>>
>>332395797
Yeah, I played through with a trusty bow in my inventory the whole game, made farming really easy and made otherwise hair-pullingly infuriating areas like Shrine doable.

I also fucking hated the Outskirts. Fuck those reindeer.
>36 adaptability
>can dodge their initial charge maybe once every 20 tries

And yeah it was way too fucking long
>no bonfires in the area itself
>cut scene and loading screen to get there
>summoning the phtantoms takes forever

I don't understand the design choices made for this area. So much fucking why.
>>
>>332396396
How does one cheese the pursuer?
>>
>>332396515
Parry then use the balistas
>>
>>332396515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afm_jOSCTxg
>>
>>332396515
dodge to right/parry first attack, run to ballista, shoot, pursuer ded
>>
>>332396737
I never understood the need for this. If you can parry the Pursuer, then you probably already know his move set well enough that he's a complete joke anyway.
>>
>>332396515
>>332396724
>>332396737
>>332396781
Or, circle strafe him. This works on all the other bosses too, lol.
>>
>>332397164
You can kill him in less than 20 seconds
same reason a lot of people do the trick to make dragon rider fall off the arena
>>
>>332397257
good luck circle strafing someone like fume, alonne, smelter/cool ranch smelter or 2cats
>>
>>332397365
Actually, the fume Knight is also extremely easy to cheese.
>>
>>332397257
Not every boss fampai, you can't circle strafe smelter, alonne, rat authority (the big one), or any boss with tracking for that matter, so around 90% of the bosses lol.
>>
>>332389185
Literally just run under him and stab his legs. He has very little health
>>
>>332389683
Every level is shit and a complete joke. The pvp is fun though
>>
>>332397570
how?

>>332397786
>frigid outskirts
>fun
>>
>>332395406
It's strong, but an absolute bitch if you try to purely use it on your first playthrough. Without any knowledge of where spells/spell trainers are you can get stuck with too weak and too few cast of magic fairly easily if you happen to miss some.
>>
>>332395634
>They've toned down the number of enemies overall
No they didn't.
>>
>>332389185
That dragon dies in like 3 hits in melee, but I do agree that he feels like a needless addition, the level was fine as it was without 50 knights and him.
>>
>>332397845
You can avoid the second stage of the fight where he Infuses his greatsword. basically, he won`t infuse as Long as his greatsword is glowing. The sword starts glowing whenever he does an Overhead Smash to the ground. You can trigger the Smash 90% of the time by simply chugging estus or similar stuff near him.

Basically, all you have to do is chug estus near him an land a few hits in between attacks. Then the fight is stuck on stage 1 which is arguably easier than stage 2

Now Darklurker, that``s a real bitch to fight without magic
>>
>>332397257
Hilariously enough, the one boss this doesn't work well on in the base game is one of the easiest bosses in the game, but oh did I learn how terrifying the demon of song could be to any bad that attempted to circle strafe him with a greatshield. It took far longer than it reasonably should have to farm sun medals there.
>>
>>332386831
You like DS2? Kill yourself
>>
>>332397678
>smelter
You can to be honest
>>
>>332396409
>hair-pullingly infuriating areas like Shrine
I don't understand this meme. Pre-nerf when they would lock on to you before you could even see them, sure, but now? The spells are loud as fuck so you always know if there's one off-screen, they're trivial to dodge through even with base agility, and if you don't want to dodge them you have a dozen shields in your inventory with 80+% magic block, even if they do hit you they do pathetic damage, and at this stage in the game you should have at least one +10 weapon which will kill all the basic enemies in 2 hits.

>>332398026
Drangleic Castle, Amana, Undead Crypt, Dragon Aerie, Aldia's Keep, Shaded Woods all have enemies removed. Probably some other areas I'm forgetting. They did add 80 billion spiders to Tseldora, but they also made them afraid of fire, so if you run through with a torch you barely have to fight anything. There are more knights in Heide, but they're non-aggressive until you kill a boss. They added more hollows to FOFG, but those are just to teach new players about ambushes and stamina control, they're not an actual challenge. Half of them don't even have a weapon.
>>
What are the chances that I would enjoy this game if I loved DeS, DaS and BB?
>>
>>332400506
Scholor of the fist sin was my first Souls game. The start was pretty cool, for about 3 hours. Then i just rushed the rest. Bosses are boring, and the game is just you vs a hallway full of monsters.
>>
I like all the Souls games, but DS2 is definitely the weakest. SOTFS is better than DS2, but it's still just DS2.
>>
Every fucking complaint about DaS2 stems from it being too hard. Then you hear people claiming it's main flaw was it was too easy.

/v/ really is just casual plebs nowadays
>>
I liked DaS2+DLC

haven't touch SotFS despite getting it in a sale, probably for the best
>>
File: 1419731982291.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1419731982291.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>332398026
This isn't even good bait.
Apply yourself.
>>
>>332400920
people seem to get buttwrenched about not being able to fight things one at a time, too many multi-enemy encounters.

mostly they are shitters though.
>>
>>332400920

Having to constantly kite/pull is just fucking annoying.

I usually just keep repeating it until they despawn. Did this for Iron Keep and Iron Passage.
>>
I just did sunken crown and it was really good compared to regular DS2, starting iron crown now to see if the quality keeps up. SOTFC new enemy placement was bullshit in vanilla areas though it wasn't for difficulty just for tedious sake.

As for the DLC being linear it doesn't always have to be bad as long as you can keep the player immersed.
>>
>>332401615
>Iron Passage
You can run through the entire thing fairly easily.
>>
>>332401751

I usually end up getting clipped by something, either a spell or I fuck up rolling through the fireballs.

It was just a pain, as it took me 5-6 tries to solo Blue Smelter.
>>
>>332401223
What I really hate is how they don't know what artificial difficulty really is, and start saying the game is full of it when the first Dark souls and Bloodborne have a lot more than the second.
>>
>>332401893
>I usually end up getting clipped by something
Me too, which is why I have lifegems/shrooms on hand to pop.

>as it took me 5-6 tries to solo Blue Smelter.
Literally git gud.
>>
>>332400506
Just go in knowing that the story is unfinished and the worldbuilding is bad and the soundtrack is mostly weak. All the improvements are concerned with character building and combat.
It's almost inarguably the weakest game in the series but I've replayed it more than any of the others because its the most consistent in quality and gives the most options.

>>332400920
>Every fucking complaint about DaS2 stems from it being too hard
Not really, there are plenty of legitimate flaws (SM, agility, all the changes made to the healing system, the worldbuilding and story), /v/ is just full of hyper autists who put 1000 hours into DaS and didn't want anything to change.

All the complaints about difficulty come from newfags who didn't play DaS (or DeS) at launch, they got into it later with the PC release and only ever played it with the benefit of a walkthrough and a completed wiki. When DaS2 launched and they actually had to fend for themselves, they got their shit wrecked. Real Souls fans know that getting your ass kicked and learning from it is the core of the gameplay, but to the newfags, that's not fun, they just want to win.
>>
>>332395735

You should have played at launch. Miracles were god tier in PvE intially, with more casts per spell, and way more damage. The got heavily nerfed though, because you're not allowed to be strong in PvE. Hexes and Sorceries continued to ruin PvP for almost a year after, of course.
>>
>>332402001

On my first time. I kept falling for his delays during his swing, and rolling too early.

Underestimated his reach when he buffs his sword, and I was about SL.50 at the time.

Alonne took me 1 try, and Fume 3-4.

Weird innit?
>>
shockwaves
>>
>>332402227
>soundtrack is mostly weak

I can't remember a single boss that had a decent song, they don't all have to be grand fucking spectacular like Ludwig but music in DS2 was really weak in general.
>>
>>332402227

My main issue outside of the usual Soul Memory, and AGL/ADP, along with shit level design is the movement in general just feels shitty and sorta floaty. It's not a bad game, but I don't find myself going back to it when DeS/DaS/BB exist.
>>
I just started playing, what are some fun weapons to use? I've fell into the old habit of using a halberd
>>
>>332402330
>Weird innit?
Stranger things have happened.
I died to Aava like 30 times, but beat 2cat on my first try solo.
>>
>>332402319
Pretty much this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-61Z1ht7zw
>>
>>332402434
desu I don't remember a single song from DaS other than Gwyn's theme.

It seems like the music only really started getting memorable in BB. From what little I heard of of DaS3, it sounds really great.
>>
>>332402496

L M A O
>>
>>332395735
They were supposed to just nerf the number of cast with ligting bolts and increase the damage.

They nerfed both.
>>
>>332401908
i dont think the games have any, they are just punishing when you fuck up, but the rules are pretty clearly established.
>>
>>332402319
>The got heavily nerfed though, because you're not allowed to be strong in PvE
Yeah nah, miracles are still incredibly strong. SLB + Sacred Oath is the ultimate boss killing combo. Heavenly Thunder melts anything with a large hitbox. Force and Emit Force have loads of utility, and Lightning Spears are still a powerful ranged option, you just can't DSP your way through every boss fight by spamming them. Heide weapons are all great and having high faith makes them even better, plus you get to use the best bow in the game.

>>332402434
>I can't remember a single boss that had a decent song
Skeleton Lords, Vendrick, Aldia, Nashandra and Velstadt. From the DLC, Sinh, Alonne and Aava are good. But yeah, it's the weakest soundtrack in the series. The hub theme also isn't nearly as good as Nexus, Firelink or Hunter's Dream.
>>
>>332402727
It's probably because every single shitter would rely on lightning to carry them through the game. It was the one crutch weapon literally every scrub used.
>>
Playing SotFS after having played vanilla was pretty cool actually.
>>
File: tumblr_nx55t0I3nm1t3uwllo1_500.gif (98 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx55t0I3nm1t3uwllo1_500.gif
98 KB, 500x364
>>332402227
>Not really, there are plenty of legitimate flaws (SM, agility, all the changes made to the healing system, the worldbuilding and story), /v/ is just full of hyper autists who put 1000 hours into DaS and didn't want anything to change.
This, though I don't agree 100% with the heal one, I liked that estus was slow as fuck, it made me actually think before just spamming square after I got hit, life gems ruin that to an extreme level though.
But I agree, DaS2 fucked up on so many aspects from the second game, the one thing I can't overlook is how Dark Souls 2 does not feel Dark at all, in Dark Souls you would meet npcs, and it would fucking matter, it wouldn't be just a copy and paste quest like any mmo rpg, people went INSANE, people changed, and you saw it, and you had only yourself to blame, when the firekeeper was killed by lautrec when you free him? Your fault, when solaire goes insane, your fault, everything just clicked together, and in Dark Souls 2, the only real character you can sorta get the same feeling (but not really) is Lucatiel, it sounds retarded, but I wanted Dark Souls 2 to be a lot more of a depressive game than it is.
>>
I haven't played scholar of the first sin as a dlc, so I can't really speak about what that's like.

I feel like everyone dismissed DS2 before soffs came out, which improved the game, yes?
>>
>>332403013
from the first game*
Oops
>>
>>332394726
Try bum rushing Duke's Dear Fucktoy. They put one spider bro right in front of the ladder and he's quite hard to jank around and not take a stab from a poison spider before getting out of reach on the ladder.
>>
>>332403136

>they literally filled that room with spiders on the wall like 10x more
>pull right door to get item
>surprise fucking red phantom

Fuck you From.
>>
>>332403013
>>332402227
Yeah, I think healing was fine. It was a very good compromise between blood vials/grass and estus and actually added complexity to the combat and exploration. Perhaps they should've limited the number you could buy at merchants and made them drop a bit more often from regular mobs, but other than that I think it was a good mechanic.
>>
>>332402434

>tfw DaS3 is a mix between DaS/BB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3HWo8fTpE&index=5&list=PLCLeSTzz6trYB89ZYFswkVKoQWPZ6e7_1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dNrmGD7mU&index=22&list=PLCLeSTzz6trYB89ZYFswkVKoQWPZ6e7_1
>>
>>332403136
You mean in the ladder of the small room leading to the spider nest? Just run in to bait him out, then walk back in.

Tseldora as a whole was piss easy as long as you realized how torches work.
>>
I only played vanilla das2 but now wanted to play the supposedly good dlcs and burrowed sotfs from a friend.

God I hate das2
The dlc were okay.
>>
>>332403420
>burrowed

kill yourself
>>
File: 7f9.gif (277 KB, 255x175) Image search: [Google]
7f9.gif
277 KB, 255x175
>>332403241
2 more weeeks, just 2 more weeks, God I fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>332403136
>have a torch in your left hand
>can literally run straight to the boss door from the bonfire without fighting anything
Just bait him out of the alcove and go up the ladder since you don't have to deal with the spiders.

Brightstone cove tseldora is the easiest place in the game to bumrush
>>
>>332403513

I don't mind the wait because it comes out during university break for me which is perfect, but I hate how they gave jewtubers 3 week early access.
>>
>>332403605
I do, because it's in the middle of the week where I go back to work, JUST
>>
>farm white hollow mage set by spawning at bonfire by cromwell, and dropping down through buildings to bonfire by crowfu
>have to kill a bunch of fucking spiders they randomly added around the bonfire because fuck you
>by the time the white hollow robe drops I have 14 zweihanders from spiders

But wow iron keep they really buggered up that place, I can probably do every boss route without dying but that place is randomly 10x harder
>>
File: 1456789190510.gif (2 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1456789190510.gif
2 MB, 320x213
>>332403527
>mfw fighting dukes dear freja after a bonfire ascetic to get that sweet MLGS in NG

It's such an easy fight but one single fuckup can be the end
>>
>>332403013
>life gems ruin that to an extreme level though
This is my problem. In the early game you have limited amounts of Estus and lifegems, so you have to make some decisions about when to use which. In the late game, you have tons of Estus and practically infinite lifegems, and it becomes a no-brainer. Just not having Milentia sell infinite lifegems might have been enough to fix it.

>I wanted Dark Souls 2 to be a lot more of a depressive game than it is
Agreed. Drangleic feels like a retirement home for the undead. I think it's intentional, but it's less interesting than the other games.

>>332403780
>have to kill a bunch of fucking spiders
No you don't. Light a torch.
>>
What are some essential areas to use bonfire ascetics in NG?

I've never used one.
>>
File: 10.jpg (14 KB, 480x229) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
14 KB, 480x229
>>332403241

>gotta hold out for 2 weeks
>>
>>332403489
Bitte sei nachsichtiger mit Leuten, die Englisch als Fremdsprache gelernt haben ;_;
>>
File: i cant.gif (914 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
i cant.gif
914 KB, 200x113
>first time fighting Sinh the slumbering dragon

The entire vanilla game never gave me this feeling, maybe it has to do with dragons but it was pretty good.
>>
>>332403956
4 great soul bosses, each drops an extra soul past the first time that can be made into 2 items.

the bonfire where the onion phantom shows up if you want to farm cracked red orbs

majula to farm effigies from the skelies in the basement and for the butterfly set

dragon aerie for the titties and dragon boners

can't think of anywhere else?
>>
File: 1456336408948.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1456336408948.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
>>332403241

>Soul of Cinder
>>
>>332404161
Aye friend, killing huge magnificent beasts feels really great.
>>
>>332402450
Powerstanced Caestus. Nothing wrong with halberds though, especially once you get the ones with weird movesets like Syan's and Helix.

>>332403956
If you just want infinite souls, Place Unbeknownst in FOFG. It lets you re-fight the Giant Lord indefinitely, because there's another ascetic inside the memory. He doesn't really get much harder but drops a fuckload of souls each time.
>>
>>332404312

spiderman for MGS
>>
>>332404516
>4 great soul bosses, each drops an extra soul past the first time that can be made into 2 items.

already said that friend
>>
>>332404474
Caestus are fucking trash because they have no range.
>>
>>332404635

o

yeah
>>
>>332403956
Ring of Blades +2 (kill Nashandra), Chaos Blade (Lost Sinner), MLGS (Freja), Chloranthy Ring +2 (Executioner Chariot), Clear Bluestone Ring +2 (Skelly Lords), and maybe Southern Ritual Band Ring +2 from Najka. Depends on if you're going Magic or not, though if you're playing pvp I'd suggest it.
>>
File: senfold.jpg (24 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
senfold.jpg
24 KB, 343x343
>>332404161
This

That Witch Boss right before Sinh was fucking great too
>>
>>332404838

I liked the pvp boss battle as well in sunken crown, 3vs whatever you bring chaotic mashup
>>
>>332386831
Everything I hear about it tells me it's worse. The enemy placements and amount sounds fucking dumb as hell. One of the worst problems with the game is how many enemies they threw at you throughout a level, as well as how many at once. Throwing a bunch more bullshit around just sounds like garbage.

Original DaS2 was pretty shit as well though.

The worst part is how they re-sold it on PC as a separate game and split the online community. WTF
>>
Anyway to improve the awful durability on the MLGS?
I know that power attacks use a shitload, but even using regular attacks this thing breaks so fast. Which is a shame, I would love to use it as my main but as of right now it's more of a backup for the tough guys.
>>
>>332390947
It's garbage in PVE though. Just fucking tickle the boss to death like you're using a normal rapier.
>>
>>332404312
>>332404783
i forgot about all the ring drops, fuck
but ring of blades +2 is from the double pursuers, not nash
pretty sure ascetic doesn't make em show up either

other good rings are royal soldier ring +2 from veldstat, and covetous gold ring from gargoyles
>>
>>332396724
>>332396781

How is using the ballista cheese? The mechanics the fight clearly encourage this method.
>functioning ballistas littering the arena
>the pursuer's stun from being parried

I cheese the Giant Lord by shooting him from a location where it is literally impossible for me to even take damage.
>>
>>332405035

Bracing knuckle ring.
>>
>>332404646
>Caestus are fucking trash
>Can build up to 800 solid damage easy
>Can still rollpunch
>Fast as fuck
U wot m8?
>>
>>332405001
It's exaggerated. I played DaSII first, then SotFS, and the enemy placements aren't that different.
Iron Keep added a couple of knights but the only people who had trouble there are idiots who refused to use any form of projectile.
Even if you are a Zweihander and great shield wielding tank, you should have a short bow. The game gives you tools to deal with these situations.
>>
The thing that annoys me the most with DaS2 is that they nerfed Hex magic so hard that's really no point playing it.

I loved playing Hexer, it was fun, and OP in PvE. Plus the idea is really cool too.
>>
>>332405035
Bracing Knuckle Ring dude. And repair powder. I ended up with two Old Whips and played through the game power stancing them as much as possible. So much fun.
>>
>>332405001
>Everything I hear about it tells me it's worse. The enemy placements and amount sounds fucking dumb as hell
Please refrain from expressing an opinion if you haven't even fucking played it. Most areas have enemies removed or replaced, not added.
>One of the worst problems with the game is how many enemies they threw at you throughout a level
That was only a problem if you're garbage at the game.

>>332405035
Bracing Knuckle Ring and the Repair sorcery.

>>332405289
If you just want to spam projectiles yeah, it's worse than sorcery, but there are a lot of great utility hexes. Scraps of Life is still the ultimate stunlock.
>>
SotFS is just an arrange mode, it's not necessarily better or worse than the original.

I think DS2 is trash though, especially since they nerfed spells. I know spells were always overpowered in every souls game, but I like to do builds that incorporate some spells. Now it's just Power Stance maces all day.
>>
>walk into forest of fallen giants in DS2
>meet low level hollows to introduce myself to the game

>walk into FOFG in SOTFS
>barrage of high difficulty enemies spammed at you to make it "harder"
>>
>>332405507
this doesn't happen
>>
>>332405507
>barrage of high difficulty enemies
You mean the guys lying face down in the dirt with no weapon? Or are you talking about the turtle knights, who are placed to close to explosive barrels that they literally kill themselves? omg difficulty too high
>>
>>332405409
>If you just want to spam projectiles yeah, it's worse than sorcery, but there are a lot of great utility hexes.

All spells are just spamming projectiles though.

The point is that I liked the mechanic with the Resonant Souls. Minmaxing damage is fun in RPGs.
>>
File: 20160328200827_1.jpg (590 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160328200827_1.jpg
590 KB, 1920x1080
fist weapons and whips being viable is pretty fun
>>
>>332405507
>1 ogre
>barrage of high difficulty enemies spammed at you to make it "harder''
It doesn't even have any damage, the one thing to look out for is the grab, otherwise it's regular procedure, hell, anyone can kill it with a +0 dagger, stop crying.
>>
What did you guys think about the dlc bosses?

Ivory king, Sir Allone, and Fume Knight were really good but i absolutely hated every other boss. Fuck the kings pets
>>
>>332405409
>That was only a problem if you're garbage at the game.
No, it was a large part of the problem with the game because the entire combat system breaks down when you engage multiple enemies at once. That was a big part of the entire point. It's at it's best when 1v1 and part of the entire "git gud" process was learning not to bea retard and rush in grabbing multiple enemies at once.
>>
>>332395797
Yeah man that area was fucking ice hell. I beat it two times. Once on regular DaS 2 on NG+ and once in Scholar on NG. I played on PC so at least loading times was quicker.

After that area do you know what I did? I farmed 50 loyce souls. Yeah, that's how much of a hardcore mofo I am. I even farmed a Titanite Slab from the Darkwraiths once. I got to all the ranks of the Dragon covenant by farming Drakes.

You wanna know what defeated me in Souls games? Pure blade stone. Yeah, I'll take that area over farming for literal days for that shit. 98% stuck forever.

I know you are all cool cats and I know I'll get 10 offers for people to drop me the stone. Thank you in advance, I appreciate it but I don't have internet on my console.
>>
>all these interesting weapons
>all i used was mace+10

I just can't seem to find anything to replace the reliability of it.
>>
File: 1397931931962.jpg (140 KB, 504x450) Image search: [Google]
1397931931962.jpg
140 KB, 504x450
>start a new game in DKS2
>go through FOFG, Heides, Wharf and Bastille
>Stop playing
There's just something about the game that puts me to sleep
>>
>>332405845
>because the entire combat system breaks down when you engage multiple enemies at once.
?

How so? I never had a problem.
>>
>>332405845
You be careful saying truths like that.

I've often argued that the Souls games combat systems are built for duel style battling, and when FROM sees fit to throw 3+ enemies at you is when the game is at it's weakest and I'm often called:

>A shitter
>Faggot
>Bad
>Scrub

Etc. But when FROM has a clear track record of making things "hard" via bullshit like

>ridiculous hit tracking
>messed up hit boxes
>ambushes and multi-enemy encounters (gank squads)
>Enemies having hyper armor or combo's that can 100-0 you

You have to re-evaluate what's going on. Especially with the franchise fatigue that's been going on with the series basically being almost yearly releases at this point, it's easy to see the idea well has gone dry.
>>
File: 1432037933192.png (152 KB, 1194x810) Image search: [Google]
1432037933192.png
152 KB, 1194x810
>>332405507
I can't tell if this is supposed to be a falseflagger or just shitty bait.
>>
File: 1369979025236.png (12 KB, 707x228) Image search: [Google]
1369979025236.png
12 KB, 707x228
>people told me the DLC was good like Dark Souls 1
>every area is garbage and half the bosses are reskins the worst offender being 3 tiger bosses in one area with the same move set
>every new area just has a bunch of knight types that have shit tons of poise and block doorways
>Fume Knight was boring as fuck if you don't have brain damage

It was so much worse than BB DLC if with it's fire cleric beast copy paste. I can't describe the levels themselves as anything else but not fun.
>>
>>332406436
>kingdoms of old kings
>"omg too many knights"
>>
>>332406525
>not understanding that variety is what makes things interesting

Here's your (You)
>>
>>332406436
>Added sense of verticality instead of just linear hallways
>More nonlinear with tons of secrets to find
>Shortcuts and cleverly hidden paths to loop back to older areas

All of the DLC levels were basically DaS level design at its best. I understand hating the game, but I will never understand this criticism.
>>
>idiots complaining about poise probably never used the stone ring
jesus christ
>>
>>332406358
The truth is a dangerous thing, I know.

It's widely understood by veterans however.
>>
>>332406436
>le muh bb dlc
>only good era in the dlc is the fish village
>everything else is a cheap reskin with rehashed enemies
so good mmm
>>
>>332405727
>All spells are just spamming projectiles though.
If you're the world's most unimaginative player, sure. Try a spellsword playthrough where you only use spells for utility, not as a replacement for a weapon. It's a lot more fun that way.

>>332405845
>not to bea retard and rush in grabbing multiple enemies at once
Apply that same logic to Dark Souls 2 then. Use bows or spells or consumables to weaken a group of enemies before they get in melee range, use the environment to split them up, if you're using a sweeping weapon fight in the open, if you're using a stabbing weapon funnel them into a choke point. When you do get hit, you can back off and crunch a lifegem without consequence because they're way more plentiful than Estus. The game gives you more than enough tools to deal with multiple enemies.

>>332406571
But there is variety. The basic knight enemies in each of the DLC have different moves, different weapons, different behaviors. If your playstyle is boring DaS1-style backstab fishing, I can see why you might find them boring. Which would be a problem if they were the only enemies, but they aren't.
>>
>>332406525
Them being Knights isn't the problem but that they are all badly designed like those fucking Ice assholes that can't be backstabed but have a gorrillion poise and a spear. Even though dealing with them isn't that hard they cram 7 of them in the space of two rooms just to make it painfully boring to ever clear the area again.

Since the game is so awfully made they get no start up on any attacks while you might as well go take a shit while waiting on your recovery frames.

>>332406602
The level design is irrelevant if everything within it is not fun.
>>
File: derpa.jpg (250 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
derpa.jpg
250 KB, 1024x680
>>332406436
>Fume Knight was boring as fuck
I honestly can't understand this thought, him and Alonne are top tier bosses on the souls games to me.
I didn't enjoy BB at all, so it might just be that we have different tastes.
>>
File: 3983837.png (44 KB, 588x427) Image search: [Google]
3983837.png
44 KB, 588x427
Love ds2, but sotfs should have been a free mod.
It's something the developers could have made over a weekend, literally just different enemy placements and gamma turned down.

Refunded it after two hours, felt ripped off.
>>
>>332406858
>The level design is irrelevant if everything within it is not fun.
Sure, but that's opinionated and I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that the level design is objectively good.
>>
>>332406662
Poise is fucking garbage in DS2 so glad humanoid monsters actually stagger if you hit them first in 3.
>>
>>332406772
The Bloodborne DLC is the single most over rated DLC, I would probably argue in the entire world.

The fishing hamlet looks cool and interesting, but the sheer amount of enemies they throw at you basically makes it a "sprint to next lamp" area because fighting through the hordes of sahagins is worthless.

Retool the Oden Chapel area as the first part of the DLC? Fucking lazy as shit and completely uninteresting. The weapon placements are also incredibly lazy and without even the slightest bit of care.

People say the weapons are the best part, and I agree, weapons add quite a bit to Bloodborne, but most of them aren't really fun to use, or strictly NG+/pvp with incredibly specific builds. I like the addition of the Milkweed+parasite and the beast claw transformation but that shit should've been in the main game.

They also claim the bosses are the best part, and I agree. Outside of Ludwig and Flaming Cleric Beast, and Living Failures, so that leaves 2 pretty good bosses out of 5. I know I'll get hate for hating on Ludwig, but he just isn't that interesting or fun to fight to me.
>>
>>332406884
He doesn't do anything interesting during the fight at all and once he enchants his sword half the times he just does a slow sweep that retards that don't know how to dodge get killed by. Not to mention I can't even remember what the music was like during that fight utterly forgettable.

>>332406935
>have original game and all DLC
>pls pay $35 to upgrade your game for 0 new content :^)
>>
>>332386831
>I hate how I can't bum rush to a boss without having a gazillion enemies charge me as soon as the boss is defeated and the fog gate appears.

i've never noticed this, the only areas i can think of that are really hard to "rush" through are the run to smelter demon, and shrine of amana but that's not really new in SOTFS

>(or if you can bypass the dragon earlier, I haven't found a way)

really? this is pretty much always one of the first bosses i tackle in a playthrough. you just have to charge the dragon fresh out of the bonfire; by the time it reacts/breaths fire you can sprint underneath it and hack at its legs. pretty easy honestly.

> just to find out that the old way to Ruin Sentinels is blocked off by a Branch of Yore and that you can't go anywhere that way so you are forced to go the Pursuer route.

pretty sure there are more earlier branches now though, so really it's just different.

anyway there are still plenty of criticisms for DaS2 but those are just strange ones.
>>
>>332407126
>The weapon placements are also incredibly lazy and without even the slightest bit of care.

This so fucking much why the fuck they put in 10 weapons in the DLC? Like for fuck suck they could actually hide some in chalice.
>>
>>332407126
>mad PCfat detected

Ludwig is the best fight in the series. Even as a reskin of a boss on fire Laurence is better than 95% of DaS2 bosses.
>>
>>332407126
I fucking hate Ludwig, but for different reasons probably, I hate it because the MLGS is a dlc weapon, why the hell, come the fuck on.
>>
>>332407271
Veldstat is literally a gauntlet of ghosts and knights SPECIFICALLY placed so you can't just rush the fog gate.
>>
does soul memory only affect pvp

or does it affect co-op too
>>
File: Heide_Knight_Set.jpg (71 KB, 299x503) Image search: [Google]
Heide_Knight_Set.jpg
71 KB, 299x503
>love the heide knight set
>the stats are completely useless

Granted armor in general is useless in ds2 but still there is something about seeing red numbers when you put gear on compared to other items.
>>
>>332395797
Frigid outskirts imo was the more interesting parts of the game because of what they did with summons. If you're going at it alone it's supposed to be Damn near impossible, but they put two summons near the entrance and you were supposed to brave the storm with independent woman who don't need no man and headless horseman guy.the entire map created a sense of loneliness and despair and discovering those summons actually made me feel attached to summons for once. Best use of companions in the entire souls series in the entire series if u ask me
>>
File: confused negro.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
confused negro.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
>>332407335
>mad PCfat detected
Not him but where the hell would you get that idea from? He's literally giving valid criticism with real flaws of the game, the DLC in BB felt pretty lazy, which is funny, because Bloodborne's core game felt pretty complete, despite it lacking some variety, but the DLC was lazy, and with Dark Souls 2 it felt the oposite, the core game felt lazy, but with DLC it felt like they did a pretty good job.
>>
>>332407396

oh yeah forgot about that spot, and LKG is tough to rush too now that you mention that one.

i do recall rushing up the right side of that area though to get to the king later though. tougher to do with the closer fog gate but still possible.
>>
File: every fucking time.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
every fucking time.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>332407335
Every single time I'm critical of Bloodborne you NEVER EVER faggots always claim le PCmustard race
>>
>>332407661

i see what you mean but that area was still mostly tedious as fuck. plus the boss sucked. the other bonus areas of the DLCs were far better.
>>
How long should a newbie take to beat dark souls1? Nigga here level 27 and beat carpa demon the other day.
>>
>>332407770
3 years
>>
>>332407770
Need a reference on how long it took you to beat Capra.

I think my recent casual playthrough with a Zweihander and the entire DLC took me like 12 hours but I was doddling like crazy.
>>
>>332407770

~30 hours is probably about right if you struggle in some spots and are taking your time to explore. i think i took close to 40 on my first playthrough. once you know the game though it's pretty easy to beat it in 10-15 hours even if you are taking the time to pick up most loot.
>>
>>332407695
this, whenever I bring up legitimate criticisms about bloodborne, even prefacing it by saying I love the game, its always straight to the mustard race meme
>>
>>332407663
>pretty good job
>blue smelter demon
>a bosses reskin of a boss earlier in the same level
>boring ass add fight before a boss with 3 moves and a big sword
>muh elevators and useless treasure

Just as trash as the regular game because the gameplay remains the same.
>>
>>332407852
Took me like 5 or 6 tries to find out how to fuck him over .
>>
>>332407753
I think those bonus areas are specifically designed with Cooperation in mind.
>a pit with multiple branching paths but only one real one
>everyone splits up and clears the area, then tries to find the right way
>3 man boss, self explanatory

>iron passage, gates that have multiple enemies come once you pull a lever
>phantoms run ahead and kill the enemies or stall them for the host then run with them

>frigid outskirts
>desolate landscape with infinitely spawning mobs if you take too long and you'll get outnumbered quickly
>bring a buddy or two so you can keep their numbers down while still progressing
>boss is 2 tigers which again is self explanatory
>>
File: 1458727174092.jpg (91 KB, 1232x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458727174092.jpg
91 KB, 1232x1080
Recently went back to replaying DaS 2.

I'm having a lot of fun with pretty much everything, including the PvP.

Here's to DaS 3.
>>
>>332407695
>>332407958
>If I steal images off google and pretend to of played the game they will believe me
>>
>>332408448
Fuck off ya cheeky cunt.
>>
>>332408021
I find this interesting, because Bloodborne's DLC didn't change the gameplay either, just the same basic easy spam&stagger to win strategy, a lot of re used enemies too, while DaS2 made a change with vertical world building, and 4 amazing bosses, Ivory king, Alonne, Fume knight and Sihn.
>>
>>332408448
Why are there so many fanboys of BB? Sure it's good, but why do you go so far to protect one game? It's not like you're the one who made it, you're just enjoying it
>>
>>332408209
They were explicitly designed for co-op (the area at the start with the tombstone things meant people could get summoned into the dlc even if they didn't own it) but they are still truly awful.

>Lazy gank squad using vanilla equipment, a reskinned vanilla boss, and a reused boss from the same dlc (BUT THERE'S 2 THIS TIME)

>The phantoms you get are always poorly suited to the area, and friendly ai phantoms being completely incompetent doesn't help their case. Iron passage is even worse than normal in this case, because Lorrie and Aidel don't even have the stats for their equipment.

>The rewards are mostly not worth it, with some of the most pointless and underused equipment in the game.

>The latter two areas rely on enemies that are not fun in the slightest to fight, and throw them in great numbers in unfair conditions.
>>
>>332407753
Yeah I would never go there again, but once you actually use the summons it's a completely different experience.
>protecting your summons from death by reindeer
>hearing that clomping from the distance, but feeling fine because you got your buds to help you.
>Pausing between safehouses while the storm blows over.
The whole thing turned from tedium to some epic journey. And beating the bosses is a cakewalk.
>>
>>332409282
the double tiger boss is piss easy with the npc summons, beat it on my first try

can't imagine doing them alone
>>
>>332408967
The soul description did mention the king had multiple pets. You can look at it as lazy but it makes sense
>>
>>332409573
I did it solo, once at least one tiger is dead it's braindead easy. You can easily get the first tiger down to 75% in NG before the second tiger finishes its jumping down animation.
>>
>>332408967
>but they are still truly awful.
Eh, I never had much trouble with them. They were a cakewalk with 3 people and fighting the bosses were pretty fun.

Alone though? Ugh, just plain tedious.
>>
>>332409742
I'm so shit at the game i couldnt even beat Aava without npc summons, and even then it took me multiple tries

Luz and Zallen were actually easier for me for some reason, maybe they both had lower hp
>>
>>332409640
Why not have something else though? Some kind of yeti abomination, or the king of the lighting reindeer? A demon as an escaped manifestation of the old chaos?

>When the old king acquired the power to grant life to heaps of iron he molded a great array of metallic automatons.
That's from the smelter demon soul. Does this make having another smelter demon acceptable?
>>
>>332408860
it's all the ps4 has basically
>>
File: 1439756229092.jpg (76 KB, 685x544) Image search: [Google]
1439756229092.jpg
76 KB, 685x544
>>332410334
>Some kind of yeti abomination
Not really a pet.

>or the king of the lighting reindeer?
Isn't majestic enough.

>A demon as an escaped manifestation of the old chaos?
Ivory King was a good guy, Anon.
>>
>>332409997
they have the same amount of hp, but there's 2 of them.
>>
>>332407396
You can rush to the boss.
Behind the staircase there's a hollow who will ring a bell if you walk down the hallway.

The ghosts will only spawn if the bell is rung. The bell shit was common throughout the level as well.

The 2 dudes guarding the door are easy to get past when there are no ghosts
>>
>>332410515
I didn't mean those suggestions as pets, friend.
>>
Just about to start the iron crown DLC, what am i in for?
>>
>>332410827
those undead respawn infinitely, and will respawn within 10 seconds of killing one. In SotFS they changed the mobs gaurding the door. I believe it's a dragonrider, 3 sword knights, 2 halberd knights.
>>
>>332411002

I just did the area several times this weekend, 3 undead at the bell no more, 1 dragonrider that doesn't respawn the other two knights do however.
>>
>played game for 100+ hours
>just found out you can light up teh lost sinners arena
>just found out there was a memory you can go into in duke's dear freja's arena

I guess its cool finding out alot of stuff i didn't know about
>>
>>332411002
No they don't respawn at the staircase part that leads to the boss.

They were there with Sotfs as well.

3 of them spawn from a bit different places and then they stop spawning.

At the other places they spawn indefinitely but it doesnt matter since in those spots you can just break the tombstones that spawn the ghosts.
>>
The Sunken King DLC could have been really good if they didn't give every single fucking enemy infinite poise.
Also fuck Sinh, what an awful boss fight.

Old Iron King was just pure trash, every boss fight is awful and tedious, the whole area has nothing memorable or interesting to it, the only good thing was how good the outside looked.

Ivory King was amazing though, to me it is the pinnacle of the entire franchise.
The Ivory King fight itself feels like a real final boss, I already am disappointed because nothing in Dark Souls III will come even close to this marvelous fight.
The setting, the build-up, the pre-boss fight, the boss entrance, what a masterpiece.
>>
>>332411868
>nothing in Dark Souls III will come even close to this marvelous fight.

anon I..
>>
File: 1432864429316.jpg (430 KB, 1050x1438) Image search: [Google]
1432864429316.jpg
430 KB, 1050x1438
>>332410835
>pets
So just a random enemy placed there? It'd be even worse than Chariot in the castle, friend.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaa.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
>>332411868
Sunken king had the shittiest bosses.
Those the 3 graverobbers what a fucking gank squad. You couldn't break their poise but that archer faggot could break yours with a single rapier stab while you were swinging a sword.

Not to mention the route to the boss was filled with enemies + those bullshit petrifying statues.
>>
>>332412142
You can break their poise pretty easily, it's just that they have random hyper armor frames like all DLC invaders do for some reason.
>>
>>332406224
I got my Pure Bladestone after god knows how many hours of farming, but it was worth it. I was ready to give a copy to you but that's ok if you can't. Good luck if you decide to get it one day.
>>
Really loved Dark Souls 2's lore. The soul science stuff with Aldia is really cool.
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.