[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are Sony passive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 299x168
Sony have never had a game as mass appealing or industry changing as Halo, Gears, CS, DotA.
Their games are never the talk of the media. Their games have not nurtured a culture, changed lives or won trophies.
They've never participated in the betterment of the industry in any shape or form, except for delivering the same thing again and again - just a hardware platform.

It looks to me they only poorly copied Nintendo's exclusives a few times (why isnt Crash a cult hit today as Mario or Sonic?), tried to sell you a glorified video player known as the ps3 and get hacked day by day. They're only good at hardware and that's it. They dont seem to even try to care about the industry (at least MS tried to do something truly different and with not just a video player but a new way to play games).

Explain this.
>>
>>332383851
they really dropped off since the PS3. I knew as soon as they moved their Headquarters out of Japan that they were done.

They fell off so hard. Same with Nintendo.

I really want Nintendo and Sony to be good again. And also for Microsoft to fuck off and never get involved in video games again.
>>
Sony is good at winning.
>>
Oh look it's consolewars thread 399045
>>
>Nigger meme man
>>
File: 5763428843.jpg (28 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843.jpg
28 KB, 250x272
>game as mass appealing or industry changing as Halo, Gears
>>
>>332383976
>Nigger

Can you not?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 125x112
>>332383851
>fanboy faggot
>drake meme
>are Sony?

Congratulations. You are everything that's worng with /v/
>>
File: image.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>332384046
>>
>>332384042

He ain't exactly wrong. They may all be shit, but it's shit that hundreds of thousands of people eagerly gobbled up and asked(and got) for more of.

Otherwise whatever. I hate nintendo and ther kiddified bullshit, but they are the only company that tries to innovate in gaming.

Sony and MS only try to innovate in ways to control standards, infrastructure, and technology gates. Literally nothing either company does, does not have this motive of control behind it.
>>
>>332383851
>crash not a cult classic
confirmed bait
>>
Outside of JRPGs I love games like Ratchet & Clank, what Nintendo game is this a rip off from (Gameplay wise)?
>>
>>332384328
>they are the only company that tries to innovate in gaming.
>Pokemon
>amiibos
>wii u tablet
>innovative
>>
>>332384586
Banjo
>>
>>332384626
Really? Seems quite different.
>>
>>332384626
Apart from the companion on the back that allows you to fly/glide they are nothing alike.
>>
>>332384046
What's up nigger, you're mad?
>>
>>332384853
>action platformer
>companion on back
>not a rip off

Ok Kaz
>>
>>332385010
>banjo invented action platforming

Also, I don't remember being able to fire dozens of different types of guns in Banjo, do you?
>>
>>332384734
It's a collectathon with extra guns since focus tests show kids like guns
>>
>>332385079
>he's now grasping straws
those guns arent even situational. You can beat the games with anything. Bad game design.
>>
>>332385175
ok dsp
>>
They are about to actively ram their circumcised micro penis right up your goyim asshole with a three year hardware cycle.
>>
Sony really has only come out on top by sheer inertia of constantly releasing content.

They've been "good enough" for long enough to make an impact. Also, they've just been straight up lucky a lot of the time. And I say that as someone who enjoys sony consoles.
>>
>>332384593

Pokemon was a great thing when it was new. Using the link cables between gameboys to not just play against eachother, but trade shit with friends was genius. The fact they've rehashed it to death because it sells doesn't take away from that unless you're a small-minded shitter.

Tablet wasn't precisely innovative in itself, but they tried to use it to add a new feature to console gaming that wasn't before present. It failed as bad as virtuaboy, but it was still trying for a reason other than controlling something.

Honestly though, I don't know what they fucking want with amibos. The fact that they couldn't even recoginize people would want them as collector's figures just tells me how little thought went into them.
>>
>>332384223
>>332384929
>yuromemers insist they're not the worst part of this site.
>>
File: youyouyou.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
youyouyou.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>332384136
answer the question or (You) can leave my thread
>>
>>332383851
PlayStation is just another device intended to sit next to your Sony TV, Sony VCR and Sony Hi-Fi. Since they treat their games business exactly how they treat their movie and movie businesses, they primarily produce games that look good on shelves and fill perceived gaps in the system library. The only games they do experiment with are low budget indie games intended to sate critics.
>>
>>332384593
Activision (and I think also Disney) beat Nintendo to the toys to life thing.
>>
>>332383851
>Halo, Gears, CS, DotA
Gran Turismo has more mass appeal than all of those games outside of USA.
>>
>>332383851
Why is it that anyone that posts Drake has the most disregardable opinions?
Not once have I seen Drake get uploaded alongside an intelligent post.
>>
>>332385327
The PS2 was really their only console where they essentially made their own bed and pulled it off well. PS1 and PS4, they were essentially handed the gen -- and we'll see where they do or don't end up going with PS4 but I'm not liking the sound of it and it sounds like a repeat of PS3 [i.e. Sony with the mask off].
>>
>>332385413
Lol nigger go back to your hugbox.
>>
>>332383851
What is metal gear solid
>>
>>332384046
Nigger
>>
>>332385539
>fill perceived gaps in the system library.
Sounds a lot like what happened with Rare once Microsoft acquired them.

Sony's only real value to the industry has been as a leading platform where third party development congregated. That's it. I give them credit for being it, but before them it was Nintendo and Sega.
>>
>>332385369
>The fact they've rehashed it to death because it sells doesn't take away from that unless you're a small-minded shitter.
It does, because 20 years of stagnation doesnt reflect well.

>but they tried to use it to add a new feature to console gaming that wasn't before present.

Viewing your gameplay on your controller wasnt a new thing. It was a glorified handheld game console made redundant because you were already playing on your tv.
>>
>>332385575
This is my hugbox memester mcbuzzword
>>
>>332385463
You want answer?
Sony is full of fags
Xbox is full of fags
PC Master Race
>>
>>332385568
But the PS3 was a success in the end.
Somehow in those last 3 or 4 years of it's life, Sony managed to pull their pants back up and kick themselves into high enough gear to save it from being viewed as a total failure.

As for the PS4, this console cycle has been going really slowly for some reason and it's still too early to tell if Sony will be able to maintain their headstart.
>>
>>332383851
>cue advertisement
>PS4 and that little stupid noise they make
>cgi infested movie with no gameplay
>ONLY for Playstation*
>also for Xbox One, PC, Vita, 3DS, Wii, N64, PS2, Ouya, N-Gage, GBC, and iOS

That's how.
>>
>>332385973
Its safe to say Sony will keep it, Nintendo had a 1 year headstart and they are dead last.
>>
>>332383851
What is metal gear?
Also sony's video game branch came to be once sega died, and they picked up the pieces, and put them into an actual gaming console better than your dad's old mac, or windows 95, or your cousin's black and green colored Nintendo 64 playing his mario, zelda, and all those cheesy games like wave racer, cruiz n tour, or dragon wank adventure shooter 9000!!! 64 xtreme fun
>>
>>332385957
Here's the real answer
Sony is filled with annoying children
Xbox is filled with annoying children
Nintendo is filled with annoying children
PC is filled with annoying manchildren

EVERYBODY LOSES
>>
The thing is Sony was never jewish about exclusives, something /v/ always loves to bring up. They were only exclusives because the game developers didn't feel like putting them on other systems unless it was a huge game which is why FFVII got a PC release and MGS got Twin Snakes. Everything else that survived eventually made it onto other platforms ie Tomb Raider, Tekken, GTA etc

Stuff like TLoU & R&C is because they own Naughty Dog. Nintendo and Microsoft are the sad cunts who hold exclusives, in fact as a fan of JRPGs Microsoft ruined them by holding them hostage on their non-Japanese platform, obviously everybody who wanted to play Japanese games would pick the Japanese console, then they couldn't even give PS3 back Tales of Vesperia (they then proceed to think Tales is failure and we ended up with garbage like Xillia and Zesteria).
>>
>>332386084
Also everything that comes out on xbone also comes out on PC, so xbone is also never going to catch up.
>>
>>332386157
Here's the real REAL answer

Bernie is a filthy jew with no understanding of economics.

YOU CANNOT STUMP TRUMP
>>
>>332383851
>>332385551
If we're restricting ourselves to games developed and published by SCE, then Gran Turismo is the right answer.
GT3 15m sales, GT4 12m, GT5 12m
vs
Halo 2 8m, Halo 3 15m, Gears 5m (these weren't even developed by MS)
>>
File: 1458654554106.png (1 MB, 1203x1700) Image search: [Google]
1458654554106.png
1 MB, 1203x1700
>>332386271
Nice one Senpai
>>
>>332385973
>The PS3 was a success in the end.
Not financially and we're seeing the fruits of that red ink in the direction they are taking with PS4/PS4.5.

The massive initial price, the delusions of grandeur for the Cell processor [after they got away with similar, but less extreme, shit with the Emotion Engine on PS2], that's the real Sony. Yanking their own camera add-on out of the PS4 after MS announced the Xbone+Kinnect price so they could undercut them? That's the real Sony. This PS4.5 business? That's the real Sony.

As someone who has owned every Sony system, I can firmly say I don't give a shit about Sony. If they're going to be the platform that gets the games, than that is what it is. If it's someone else who isn't Sony, even better.
>>
Seriously? We are talking about the company that hosted all original Silent Hills, all Team Ico games, all Metal Gear games and most of Suda's original works. Compared to both Nintendo and Microsoft, Sony has the best tradition of taking risks and hosting daring and interesting ideas. Microsoft has always been the most cynical one, Nintendo has been always the most paranoid one, and Sony is easily the most schizoid of the three.
>>
The last of Us.
>>
>>332386109
On the playstation one we had real games like final fantasy, resident evil 1-3, metal gear solid 1, crash bandicoot, spyro, tekken, tony hawk, driver, grand theft auto 2, and tomb raider..
>>332386157
Steam is full of autistic children who abuse admin and hacking powers screaming about FNAF or undertales ,or my little pony, or even shitty roleplay, at least sony children just yell because the black guy called them a little bitch nigger... Hey is that how /pol/acks are made
>>
>>332383851
Just compare these lists and ask yourself who contributes more to the industry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Software_development_studios
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios#Software_development_studios
>>
>Final Fantasy
>Metal Gear Solid
>Grand Theft Auto
>>
>>332386861
>Sony starts off stronk as fuck in the fith gen console war, and stays stronk till the 8th gen console war when PC gaming got really big, and grew in attention, but still beat other consoles by a lot.
They started the whole CD rom instead of carriages trend. and gave developers way more freedom than anyone else, allowing great games like mgs 1, gta, and tomb raider, and many others to be made without the need of the console owner watching them, and holding their hand.
>Microsoft starts off with the dream cast, basically taken from sega, and fails hard against the new ps2, so they try the xbox, and no body gives a fuck about it other than some few poor poor fags who played the original halo, and thats it.
>>
>>332387229
All third party
>>
Mario is a cult hit because it got 200 games, all Nintendo dose it ride off his success, what you see is a company reusing one of their best assets.

For what Nintendo gains in being ingrained in pop culture by recreating games using famous mascots, they've lost in having the skill ability to deliver anything else.

In a sense Nintendo has pigeon holed themselves in exchange for popularity for a specific demographic of users where as Sony has created multiple genres and variety's of games that cater to many different types of people rather than the one specific fanbase and that's a good thing.
>>
>>332387621
>>Microsoft starts off with the dream cast, basically taken from sega, and fails hard against the new ps2, so they try the xbox, and no body gives a fuck about it other than some few poor poor fags who played the original halo, and thats it.
Actually, Xbox and Xbox 360 were a massive success, and the "few poor fags who played original Halo" are really the absolute majority of current day gamers, even here on /v/.
>>
Now that I think about it, has Sony ever actually developed a game?
>>
>>332387861
>Mario is a cult hit because it got 200 games
>>
File: snes-mickey-mania-front.jpg (95 KB, 480x311) Image search: [Google]
snes-mickey-mania-front.jpg
95 KB, 480x311
>>332387983
>>
>>332387917
Thats why we all talk about playing halo rather than, gta and metal gear as kids right?
>>
>>332383851
Oh so this is the containment thread for all the retarded Nintendrones somehow still sucking the dick of their dead company, good show.
>>
>>332385820

So you're a small minded shitter then. Thanks for admitting it.

#into the trash
>>
>>332388118
>Thats why we all talk about playing halo rather than, gta and metal gear as kids right?
Speaking as somebody who grew up without a single kid in my entire social circles who owned a console of any sort, I can't exactly confirm or deny that, but you yourself have to realize how weak argument you just made.
Pure sale wise, if wikia is to be believed, Halo 1-3 outsold MGS quite considerably (The sales of Halo 2 and 3 almost tripled the sales of most successful MGS titles).
Look, I'm not saying I'm happy about it. But you can't really deny that Halo series was quite a lot more popular, and in the long run more fucking influential than the god-damn Metal Gear series.
>>
>>332384626
>Banjo
>Nintendo game
Yeah, okay.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vrUNZR9iro
>>
>>332387983
They have a number of internal studios like Japan Studio, Team Ico, etc. It's Sony owned and ran, but just ran under a different label.
>>
>>332383976
>>332384223
>>332384929
>>332385575
>>332385753
>>332386271
back to /pol/ you dumb racist bigots
>>
>>332383851
>They've never participated in the betterment of the industry in any shape or form

They've helped kill Nintendo.
>>
>>332390151
But I hate niggers because they're dumb criminals, not because of their race.
>>
>>332387861
>Not acknowledging that Mario Galaxy was indeed an earthquake when it came of and not because of its mascot but because of the planet gravity system
> Not acknoledging that there is very little in common between Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy
>Not seeing that the greatness of the mario games lies in gameplay and not in its shitty characters.
>Not understanding that Sonyggers only complain because of the character cast as they can't go past the looks to talk about the game itself.

I've seen so many times people praising Sly when it is an irredeemably bad series, just because the gamefeel is completely awful. The environment is terribly used in term of platforming, and there are 3 types of enemies with 6 reskins each. That makes me so mad. I gave it a chance twice as I 100%ed 1 and 2 to have good outlook and there's absolutely nothing besides the character design to save the game from being an ugly turd.

Nintendo has some outdated aspects, that's well-known, but they know how to polish a concept and give a player content.

>Super mario 3D land has 8 world before you get the credits, but there is 8 more if you beat the game.
I still haven't seen anything coming close to that if not for Super meat boy.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.