[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me, or is this game too easy? DS1 had me at a real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Is it just me, or is this game too easy?

DS1 had me at a real challenge, until I realised other players and phantoms can help. Now I'm playing DS2 and i'm just standing there doing nothnig while everyone kills the bosses for me...

is there any extra reward for killing bosses solo??
>>
>>332381316
So you complain for the game being too easy while summoning other people to play the game for you? are you retarded desu fampai?
>>
try sotfs
>>
Dark souls 1 was my first souls game, I found it tough and I raged a lot, but it meld me into understanding how everything works. Maybe that is why I found DS2 to be such a let down in difficulty and frustration that I had with the first game. I knew how to do things.
>>
for real though

is DaS2 harder than DaS1?

i did a SL1 melee-only run on DaS1 and i wonder if a normal DaS2 run will be a challenge.
>>
>>332381930
Not really harder but more annoying. It likes to pit you against multiple enemies far too often and they seem to agro way easier than in DaS1.

Seriously, long narrow corridors filled with enemies seem to be a constant in DaS2 level design.
>>
>>332381930
No, just tedious. 90% of all enemies in DaS2 have reskin movesets and the challenge comes from them throwing mobs at you. The bosses are painfully simple to understand, and I actually found it EASIER to win bosses alone rather than with phantoms, NPC or player.

The bosses themselves are also mostly just cannon fodder. Dragonknight was a bad joke, no wonder he's recycled everywhere. Dragonslayer was an embarrassment to his original, Covetous Demon was just.. There. Hell, why the fuck did I even fight Royal Rat Authority? It was literally a reskinned Sif.

The game has many interesting parts to it but alot of areas are just pointless. It's like, they designed the area to be 'video-gamey' first and make sense later. In comparison, every area up to O&S was brilliant.

I pray that DS3 takes everything from BB and DaS and nothing but PvP and armor from DS2.
>>
>>332381930
Yes it is. DaS1 was the first Souls of most people hence the biased opinion it generally gets.
>>
>>332381316
>is there any extra reward for killing bosses solo??
the rewarding feel, anon-kun
>>
>>332381930
ds2 is probably harder
>>
>>332381316
>why is the game so easy when I summon three people to do all the work for me

You might actually have brain damage. Consider suicide.
>>
>>332381930
Yeah, tons of DaSonly babies got their shit wrecked by DaS2 and still complain about it to this day. "It's not hard it's just tedious" was the most common complaint about DaS1, so it's ironic to see supposed fans of the series using that same lame brained excuse for 2 as if they aren't completely full of shit.
>>
>>332381842
You just reminded me.

Did they nerf the Drangleic sword in SotFS?

It went from the weapon I used the entire game and demolished everything I came against to being kinda meh.
>>
File: 1.jpg (16 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16 KB, 300x168
It is definitely easier than DS1 mainly because after killing enemies again and again and again they finally despawn. That is the main disappointment of mine. I enjoyed the swarms of enemies. It felt glorious. Now my maps are empty and sad. I miss them..
>>
>>332383468
I am over lvl 150in DS2 and it only takes <27k souls compared to the >80k in DS1 any complaints of it being tedious now is from newfags.
>>
>>332381930
Coming from someone who also SL1'd melee only'd DaS, a DaSII SL1 run would definitely be harder to do. Regular DaSII though is much easier than regular DaS, except for the DLC's which range from actually challenging to "bring a bow or don't try"
DeS SL1 is the actual hardest though, if you don't hypermode
>>
>>332383982
>after killing enemies again and again and again they finally despawn.
Why would you kill 12 times the enemies? How the fuck do you die so much? And what about bonfire ascetics?
>>
>>332381316
From my experience DS 1 was harder until I went to NG+ and then I found DS2 to be harder.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.