[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw completely shit at video games Does anyone else know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png
29 KB, 633x758
>tfw completely shit at video games

Does anyone else know this pain?
>>
Kind of. If I'm playing single player games I'll usually only play on easy/normal. Multiplayer games, I'll usually get to above average skill level.
>>
>>332378407
The majority of /v/, though they'll never admit it.
>>
I've never been bad at any games, except star craft but that doesn't count because my standards are the koreans so of course I'm bad.

Some people are maybe too good at certain games
>>
>>332378407

That's what magic builds are for
>>
>Completely shit
>At modern games
>That are causal and easy as fuck
Oh boy. Just please stop now, I don't need my vidya getting any more casual so that you can enjoy it as well.
>>
I'm shit at fighting games, I refuse to learn combos, but rts games are my bane cant force myself to play them.
>>
File: 1459189691199.jpg (46 KB, 424x505) Image search: [Google]
1459189691199.jpg
46 KB, 424x505
>>332378407
>tfw mediocre, but passable at 20 or less years
>Become 25+
>Now everybody kicks my ass, including smug 15 year olds
>Can only play games that don't require super 13 ms reaction times
You will all know this feel when you hit 30, just you wait.
>>
File: nmwbqwzlw.png (25 KB, 730x290) Image search: [Google]
nmwbqwzlw.png
25 KB, 730x290
>>332378407
>mfw a god at singleplayer games like souls, witcher, play every rpg and shit at the highest difficullty

>but shit at multiplayer games

what the fuck is wrong with me /v/
>>
>>332378407
Yup. I'm a scrub of the highest order at everything.

>love action games
>but shit at them
>transformers devastation, which everyone said was 5 hours at best took me more than 15 to beat it on hard

I get confused and panic easily. The only games I'm "good" at are games I can't die in like walking simulators. I'm really good at that, walking.
>>
File: 1458241473106.jpg (48 KB, 319x553) Image search: [Google]
1458241473106.jpg
48 KB, 319x553
>tfw once you hit the number 30 in top survivor in your MMO
>You can only hit 80 now and since you are old as fuck, your wrists give in, and you can't do it anymore
Enjoy being young while you can, boys.
>>
tfw played Persona 4 on very easy

redeemed myself by playing Persona 3 on hard afterwards tho but goddamn i feel dirty
>>
>>332378407
I'm good at games except for RTS. I just can't handle the micro.
>>
>>332378407
Lets play subscribers. Just play easy modes until you feel godly and move up. No one is even saying you have to do that either. Its about having fun, not proving autists you're superior at motor skills.
>>
File: 1458451078024.jpg (102 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1458451078024.jpg
102 KB, 500x750
>>332378407
I dont have good enough internet to play multiplayer games so I cant embarras myself online, but I'm pretty bad at any kind of action game, and even worse at puzzle games. The only reason I beat DaS 1 and 2 were cause I'm peristent and I'm still working on demon's. Also I used guides for some of the rooms in vlr.
>>
Still haven't beaten Super Mario Sunshine
>>
>>332378407
I can't get good at rts games
>>
Civilization games. I am better at FPS, but the Civ games, god damn. I love 'em. Every single one since Civilization I. That's right, I've played them all. On Chieftain. Never get higher. I always get curbstomped to the nines so hard I get so mad at the game I turn it off. Then I start again, on Chieftain, and win. So I think to myself "Yes, you did it. You beat another Chieftain game. Let's up the difficulty O N E level." and I get curbstomped by Aztecs again. It is dismaying. I try my best, I do. I play Civ IV sometimes on normal difficulty. If I end up in the top 3 I feel good. I don't need to win, I just need to survive.
>>
>>332378407
Don't feel bad Anon. I couldn't beat any of my games when I was growing up. I know that feel of being stuck in the same area, never progressing to see the rest of the game
>>
No because if I suck I practice and become better at the games I want to play. What the fuck is the problem here, exactly? You being a lazy fuck unwilling to put some time into games?
>>
>>332378407
I'm terrible at fighting games despite buying and playing a shit ton. I have no excuse. I even used to play SF2 in the arcades.

I can't even beat normal survival in the new street fighter. I am, and will always be garbage at a genre of games I love.
>>
>>332381825
but how can you call a game a game if you have to work while playing it? It's no longer play
>>
>>332378407
I'm so bad at fighting games. I wish I could pull off good combos
>>
File: 1280171996364.png (36 KB, 737x404) Image search: [Google]
1280171996364.png
36 KB, 737x404
>>332381825
Are you really gud if you die 50 times trying to beat a mission? While others here brag about beating it without dying once.
>>
I'm awful at games and give up easily

But weirdly enough, so called "hard" games like Dark Souls or classic Resident evil gave me no real trouble, while I ragequit at Fatal Frame and Prince of Persia Two Thrones
>>
>>332382018
It's not work, it's still playing. Or are you saying that you don't derive enjoyment from learning and practice, only winning? In that case you've got no business complaining about sucking at games.
>>
>>332381825

Time is the trade-off. Let's say for a single player game I could beat Easy mode in 5 hrs, or Hard Mode after 20 hrs (assume I suck hard and require a shitton of tries)

At some point during Hard Mode the game will prob stop being fun for me, so who wins there?
>>
>>332382368
The person who had the most fun. Don't know about you but for me there's nothing fun about beating a game on easy. Might as well watch a movie if you want to be so passive.
>>
>>332382226
took a large leap there pal. Does it make you feel better making up a position for me to have so that you can smash it down like some sort of man made from....straw?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.