[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pic related >game throws a massive amount of plot twists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
pic related

>game throws a massive amount of plot twists at the very end
>ends on an enormous cliffhanger
>none of the plot points are resolved

still

>fucking amazing game and loved every second of it
>fantastic characters
>10/10 OST

How does Falcom do it?
>>
File: Olivier referring to Class VII.jpg (513 KB, 960x1088) Image search: [Google]
Olivier referring to Class VII.jpg
513 KB, 960x1088
Because Yoshinoya Condom is emulating Baba's ways on making a good JRPG. :^)
>>
>fantastic characters
You're fucking delusional.
>>
Because the sequel is coming out in like, 3 months?(ish)
>>
>>332373243
If you want a little bit of closure and can read a decent amount of nip, the trial to the second game is pretty long. It's free on JP PSN.
>>
>>332373243
>fantastic characters
Now youre smoking something dank.
>>332373841
more like 6
>>
Trails as the games by themselves are brety gud but theseries as a whole is amazing

Shame it isn't for everyone
>>
>>332373732
Nah, pretty great characters.
>>
>>332373732
>spends an entire game developing all of the characters
>everyone is great except millium and maybe elliot

how does it feel to be wrong?
>>
>Alisa the token tsundere
>Fie the sleepy kuudere whose backstory does not match her character at all
>Towa the moeblob request bulletin
>Elize the token non blood related imouto that wants your cock
>fantastic characters
Nah the writing in this game jumped the sharks, but it did succeeded in reeling a wider audience
>>
>>332373974
agreed, I love all of the references that you totally wouldn't have picked up on had you not played the others. Like Sharon being an Ouroboros enforcer. I was in awe after that. I had considered it but really didn't see it as a possibility.
>>
I'm still on chapter 4. Pretty good so far.
Was trying to wait till my PS3 wasn't being borrowed any more but just went ahead and got it for Vita.

>>332374095
The most annoying part of Elise wanting Rean's Coldsteel is that the adopted brother and sister thing was done for TitS already. Probably feels worse since that just came out here as opposed to way back when.
But Rean is an "Eh, Nandatte?" tier deflector so I guess it won't amount to anything?
>>
File: 1438128213708.png (649 KB, 977x1195) Image search: [Google]
1438128213708.png
649 KB, 977x1195
>>332374095
>he hasn't played the game
>>
File: Smug Adol face.jpg (205 KB, 550x713) Image search: [Google]
Smug Adol face.jpg
205 KB, 550x713
>>332374261
even though i know i'll get a
>playing Ys for the story

i loved how Celceta had a small references or connections for almost all other games in the series

Falcom can into timelines
>>
>>332374614
to those that implying you with that meme, forget them. the story and worldbuilding are just cherries on top of a delicious cake of fast pace action gameplay and fantastic soundtrack
>>
>>332374390
I think by the end it's pretty clear that his love interest is going to be Alisa.

But I hope you're prepared for the ending. I loved it but holy hell does it end on a cliffhanger. Even worse of one than FC ended on.
>>
>>332373243
>How does Falcom do it?
nothing personnel
>>
>>332374701
agreed. they are never literary masterpieces but they are fun little stories.
>>
Alicia was terrible. I was mashing to skip almost all of her dialogue
>>
>>332374773
Oh, so it's pretty clear Alisa is the main girl? Not that I mind, I prefer Laura, but the waifus aren't the main part of the deal here, so whatever.

At least my wait fro CS1 to CS2 will be slightly shorter.
>>
>>332373243
>first part of a two-parter doesn't resolve everything and ends on a cliffhanger
Shocking.
>>
>>332374835
you've gotta wonder if the people at XSEED knew about that meme when coming up with the name...
>>
I'm still on sc but the characters for ao and sen look way more interesting than the sora ones. does that make me the cancer sen was trying to appeal to?
>>
>>332374925
i don't think she was bad as a character, but i think her voice was just grating
>>
>>332374095
Wow, those are some great characters you made up :^)
>>
>>332375000
mind you, FC resolved the coup in one game while foreshadowing the Septerrion plot that concludes in SC.
Erebonia arc didn't finish the coup until the end of 2 and the Water and Fire Septerrions are only hinted at and was never the main focus of the story.
>>
>>332375109
I can't speak for the crossbell games but I do think I prefereed the cast of sen over sora. they're all pretty well developed outside of millium and to a lesser extent elliot. Jusis in particular was fantastic.
>>
>>332375109
They just interest you more. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>332375129
>i don't think she was bad as a character

She was terrible and she got so much screen time where she just went ON AND ON about her non problems
>>
>>332375257
yep, FC ended on a pretty bad cliffhanger while still feeling like the story was resolved, but cold steel just left everything for the second game
>>
File: Rean and Towa belly.jpg (126 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Rean and Towa belly.jpg
126 KB, 550x550
Towa is a FANTASTIC CHARACTER!
>>
File: pic-ogp2.png (2 MB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
pic-ogp2.png
2 MB, 1200x630
>Cover art cooler than the actual in-game art
>In game art is the same as the past 2 games

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>332375449
It kind of makes sense when you consider that Sen 1 and 2 were originally planned as one game.
>>
this game really needs to be on PS+. i think it went unnoticed by most people since it was on a dead handheld and a dying console. they should do it a couple of months before SC comes out to get more people to buy it.
>>
>>332375702
huh, I didn't know that. that's interesting.
>>
For some reason, the NPC's in Sen say *chuckle* a lot. Way too much. It's like 1 in 3 NPC's at some points.
It's not present in the main story bits though. They mix up the ways to show someone laughing. Maybe the writing wasn't checked as much for non essential stuff?

All these literal chucklefucks around Heimdall are driving me insane.
>>
>>332375609
the original cover art was disgusting. i'm glad they hired a new artist because SC and the 3rd covers had awful faces
>>
>>332375951
*chuckle*
*giggles*
>>
>>332375609
Why does Kevin have a horrible babby face in game?
>>
>>332373243
>>fantastic characters
Just a few months ago people were calling it generic and shit because they were mad at XSeeD and wanted the game to fail. What happened to those people?
>>
>>332376681
They were salty that SC sold like garbage and assumed that 3rd wouldn't get localized while Sen sold great and already had its sequel confirmed
>>
>>332376681
probably realized they were wrong when they actually played it
>>
>Sen and it's characters are good
*chuckle*
>>
just hit chapter 4 using the guide on gfaqs. haven't done this in a while, playing a jrpg with a guide and scrolling down.

anyways, is it worth it to do a 2nd playthrough? just askin.

mein niggas
>>
>>332374013
no he's right
>>
>>332377398
i think it would probably be good to go for a second playthrough in the weeks before CS2 comes out so it'll be fresh.

but yeah following a guide for this game isn't too bad because of the hidden quests and stuff
>>
>>332377612
man. i dun gud coz i missed the hidden quest in chapter 1, but i'm using a guide still and doing everything. should i stop and just plough through the story, or just continue what i'm doing, doing all the quests from the guide?

also, do opened chests carry over to the second playthrough ?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28_22-02-52.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28_22-02-52.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
This the general Falcom thread? Anyone else been playing the Memories of Celceta PC port that got the English patch recently?

I'm surprised I managed to get it working in WINE when it seems like the game uses DirectX10.
>>
>>332378045

whoawhoawhoa, wait -

that's a thing? since fucking when?
>>
>>332378045
at this point, pretty much. I downloaded celceta but havent patched it yet. it looks way better than the vita version.

>>332378045
yep, someone ripped the vita translation and made a patch for the pc version. wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the falcom nerds at XSEED that did it behind the scenes becaue they couldn't license the PC version.
>>
>>332378694

I'd be shocked if it wasn't XSEED's doing. It uses all the assets from the Vita release.

I mean, it was just a few weeks ago that people figured out how to dump Vita games... and I don't think Ys was one of those games that was dumped yet. The fact that all the assets are used, the only thing I can think of is that someone from XSEED did this.

...either that or Joyoland has an official English release somewhere. They said that they wanted to release their Ys 7 port in the west. I guess them having a version of the PC port with XSEED's translation isn't *too* far out there.
>>
>>332376243
Original Evo cover art or the original Falcom art? Two different cover illustrations were used for SC (You Shiina's work), and Haccan did the main one for 3rd (which I like a lot).

>>332378694
>>332378974
>wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the falcom nerds at XSEED that did it behind the scenes becaue they couldn't license the PC version
Most certainly not someone from XSEED. Here's the fan translation patch thread: http://heroesoflegend.retro-type.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=252

This forum's also the HQ for an ongoing fan translation of Brandish 2 Renewal, an older Falcom PC-98 game.
>>
>>332379086

Wow. Those guys (sans the ZnK fuckface) are on freaklng point. Top-notch work here.
>>
File: 1456238191554.jpg (99 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1456238191554.jpg
99 KB, 960x544
>>332375539
>>
>>332374013
>except millium
Fuck you too asshole Millium is sexy as fuck
>>
File: 026.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
>>332381142
that may be but she still doesn't have any character development nor character arc aside from being the genki Nep
>>
>>332382674
What a nice looking cunny
>>
>>332382674

she at least has a personality
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.