[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck were Gwyn's knights? I can't figure this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 42
File: W1mmtay.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
W1mmtay.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Who the fuck were Gwyn's knights? I can't figure this out at all.

When the creature that became Gwyn first gains his Lord Soul, we see that he marches to the war against the dragons with a massive army at his back. Where did this army come from? Who were they? Did Gwyn create them? How? With what? Compare their armor to the simple garbs that he and his fellow Lords wore.

In-game we know practically nothing about them. Silver Knight armor descriptions explain that they were in service to their goddess, Gwynevere, who was the daughter of Lord Gwyn. Are those the same knights as we saw during the war? Was Gwynevere born by then? How could she be? Does that mean the knights were always there? It becomes a fucking circle.

Help, /v/.
>>
Bamp, I need answers breh
>>
>>332372495
nerd
>>
>>332372495
You could say the same about Gwyn. Where did he and the other lords come from?
Where does any life come from?
Best assumption is just that eventually the giants came into being and the lords were just the ones who happened to find the lord souls.

You're asking for a creation myth to make perfect logical sense. It's like demanding logic from native americans when they tell you the universe is sitting on a giant turtle.
>>
File: berenike.png (539 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
berenike.png
539 KB, 1920x1080
I think the intro to dark souls 1 glosses over a lot of time between the finding of the souls and the war with the dragons. Enough time to become powerful and talk to seath and shit, and build armies.
>>
>>332372495
Not enough info to go on really. There is no real timeline for when the first flame ignited and when the lord souls were found.
>>
>>332373346
>You could say the same about Gwyn. Where did he and the other lords come from

No, this was answered directly in the intro. Everyone came from the dark, which came from the first flame. The better question is, how did the first flame come into existence?
>>
>>332373797

>What caused the big bang?
>>
Shit's ambiguous. You could ask the same thing bout the daughters of chaos. Given how long that one pyromancy trainer has been alive, they're prob not human, but not lords/gods either
>>
>>332372495
They were all beings who were with Gwyn from the beginning. Rallied around Gwyn and fought with him. They are higher beings, not lords.
>>
>>332373797
dragon dropped a matchstick down a hole
>>
What race was Gwyn and the other gods?
>>
>>332372495
The BLACK knights were Gwyn's knights
>>
>>332372495
It doesn't really specify how much time passed between the discovery of fire and the lord souls and the war against the dragons.

I assume that somewhere in between they built a civilization.
>>
>>332374132
Human, biologically. They all are. People are retarded, so they keep referring to them as "giants", even though giants are clearly different.
>>
>>332372495
I think they had created societies and kingdoms in the dark and eventually grew greedy and attacked the dragons. Lords can live for a very long time as far as we know.
>>
>>332374132
Human, or human equivalent. It seems when they got their lord souls and other powerful souls, they became something else. They don't have to be giants, they can be like Gwyndolin.
>>
File: 1454874940789.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454874940789.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
>>332372495
>tfw Black Knights didn't throw lightning spears
>>
>>332374127
I'll drop my matchstick in your dragonhole
>>
>>332374467
Aren't Black knights just burned Silver knights?
>>
>>332374682
Silver Knights don't throw them either, unless they've just never used the move on me.
>>
>>332372495
gwyn's knights are hawkeye gough, artorias of the abyss, dragonslayer ornstein, and lord's blade ciaren.

if that was your question about who they are referring to when they say the four knights of gwyn.

regular black knights? my guess is human recruits imbued with a small part of the flame.
>>
>>332374682
According to the wiki

"These are the once-proud knights of Gwyn that traveled with him to the Kiln of the First Flame, but were burned by the still hot ashes. Now these mighty knights roam Lordran and, in their hollowed state, are looking to kill the chosen undead as he/she will try to kill the one they were sworn to protect."

Black knights and silver knights are different
>>
>>332374682
The Silver Knights were just illusions that Gwyndolin made.

I don't know how those illusions were strong enough to fire arrows to launch you off of ledges though.
>>
File: 1458930859796.jpg (112 KB, 420x483) Image search: [Google]
1458930859796.jpg
112 KB, 420x483
>>332374748
No those are the royal knights, the others are just regular knights, now from where they came?
I would say from the same place Gwyn did.
>>
>>332374682
>>332374830
Turns out I'm full of shit. Listen to this guy:>>332374818
>>
>>332374830
Nigga we see the silver knights in the intro, just like with Gwynevere the trap needs a reference to create the illusions.
>>
>>332374830
It helps that Gwyndolin has god powers.
>>
>>332375052
I meant that the Silver Knights you fought in Anal Rodeo were illusions. Fuck those guys.
They have a nice style going though.
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13 KB, 418x359
dragons are chilling

dudes who were crawling around in the darkness like wretches find lord souls where the kiln is

dudes build civilization and shit, but the dragons are a looming threat

gwyn raises a bunch of dudes to go murder the dragons with seath's help (with his silver knights)

taking the lord souls fucked with the fabric of reality, causing the undead curse to happen eventually

Gwyn takes his knights to go light himself up because all the souls he ate made him a fat motherfucker, he prolongs things

Gwyn throws himself into the kiln, his knights get scorched
>>
>>332374818
They are different but the point is that blacks knights didn't coexist with the silver knights until Gwyn linked the fire

From the wiki about Silver knights
>The Silver Knights protect Anor Londo. When Lord Gwyn departed to link the Fire, his knights split into two groups. The Silver Knights remained in the forsaken capital Anor Londo, in the service of their goddess.
>>
>>332375401

they were all silver until Gwyn's retainer got scorched, dipshit

it's also unclear what actually happened to the silver knights in anor londo, cause they ain't there any more

possible they followed her to somewhere else
>>
>>332375385
>taking the lord souls fucked with the fabric of reality, causing the undead curse to happen eventually
No. The curse is just souls fading, people reverting to what they always were. Watch DaS1's opening cutscene again.
>>
>>332375401
>>332374818
Wiki says about Gwyndolin:
>Having an affinity for illusions, Gywndolin created one of Gwynevere and all the guardian sentinels in the city's palace to hide behind.

That's the wiki's description though, not the game's. It would make sense if they were illusions though considering that they all disappear after you shoot great chest ahead..
>>
The Knights of Gwyn are most likely normal, people who after Gwyn claimed the Lord Soul flocked around him as a rallying point after he promised to make them all stop living in dark, damp caves skulking beneath the Everlasting Dragon's rule.

They should not, however, be confused with the Four Knights of Gwyn, who were given special souls as overseers of Gwyn's army: Artorias, Cyaran, Gough, and Ornstein.

Were the knights normal humans or Lords? Probably human, although humanity might as well be little more than a dilluted, weaker version of Lords, similarly to how drakes are dilluted, weaker and stupider versions of the Everlasting Dragons. But by the time Dark Souls I take place every normal knight you see is probably either an illusion crafted by Gwyndolin, or long-since hollowed.
>>
>>332375953
>who were given special souls
Wait where is this stated, I though they simply where powerful enougth to have a unique soul.
>>
>>332376114
The 4 knights have 0 humanity aka the Dark soul in them which is why Artorias who nary have a murmur of dark dies horribly against Manus.
>>
>>332376114
"Special beings have special souls. Lord Gwyn granted this soul to his four most trusted knights."
t.Soul of Ornstein
>>
>>332376114
The description of the Soul of Ornstein:
>Soul of Ornstein, Dragonslayer Knight who guards the cathedral in the forsaken city of Anor Londo.
>Special beings have special souls. Lord Gwyn granted this soul to his four most trusted knights.
It's definitely not a part of Gwyn's soul, however, since the game makes a point of differentiating Seath, who has a direct fragment of Gwyn's soul, as did the Four Kings.

Might be a minor plot hole though, I don't quite recall in the games you being capable of using an independent soul as a power source unless you're talking about the Lord Souls themselves. Most likely Gwyn just took their regular souls and fed them an unholy amount of power to differentiate them as "special" for services rendered.
>>
>>332374147
But the black knights WERE silver knights before being charred, while fighting against the Izalith area after the one witch tried to relight the first flame with her lord soul
>>
File: 1334434122424.jpg (520 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1334434122424.jpg
520 KB, 1280x720
Now I'm a bit confused, is Manus the only true inheritor of the dark soul? I get that humanity is floating around that people can get but I always assumed that the undead that we played as and made up most of the NPCs were related to the furtive pygmy, which is why they're smaller compared to Gwyn's knights and the giants, but I guess that doesn't make sense because Quelana is one of the daughter's of the Witch of Izalith and she's tiny too.
>>
>>332376730
The true inheritor of the Dark Soul is humanity as a whole. The same way Gwyn distributed shards of his soul to people he trusted, the Pygmy absolutely splintered his and dilluted it amongst all of humanity. If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much what "Humanity" is. Which is why when it runs rampant you have the abominations of Oolacile.

As for the whole size difference, outside of cases where it's stated as a stylistic choice for boss reasons [Artorias is not supposed to be that much larger than Ciaran normally, for example], I would argue that Lords are just primordial humans who have had direct, prolonged contact with the First Fire or the Lord Souls and were thus stronger and physically larger. Except their offspring didn't necessarily share these traits, and were more akin to normal humans, although still possibly immortal, a trait which THEIR descendants then lost later on. See the Witch of Izalith and her daughters.
>>
File: shalquoir-face.jpg (87 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
shalquoir-face.jpg
87 KB, 1024x576
So what and who is this pussy? Any idea what the silver cat ring description means about "rebirth"?

>Silver ring depicting a leaping feline. Reduces damage from falling.
Legend has it that when cats grow old, a force brews within them, and they are reborn as something new
>>
>>332377153
>Majula is referred to as the place where all things discarded and unwanted eventually flock to.
She's one of Crazy Man Aldia's filed experiments, most likely. Similarly to the Emeral Herald herself.

What the experiment was or what the hell she's supposed to be, if anything in particular? I don't think the writers quite thought THAT far ahead.
>>
>>332377362
Really? I thought the game implies she is much older because of her descriptions of the Old Ones.
>>
>>332377113
I just figure the Lords (Gywn, Gywndolin and others) can just change their body hence Gywn's Giant coffin and Gywndolin's tentacles.
>>
>>332377153
>Legend has it that when cats grow old, a force brews within them, and they are reborn as something new

That's a Japanese legend, basically anything that lives or is around long enough can attain sentience and she's really really old and provides plot relevant backstory.
>>
>>332377457
The game DOES imply that as well, yes, but Dark Souls II doesn't have a spotless track record when it comes to contradictions.
In the end, there's absolute nothing to go by on. She isn't clearly linked to any character in the first game unless you want to believe that they somehow decided to take Alvina of all people and turn her into a main NPC. If anything, that's the most likely explanation. Shalqoir is Alvina, who is particularly knowledgeable about the history of the world because she's seen everything first hand. And cats in the Souls universe are basically phoenixes for some reason.

There's absolutely NOTHING supporting that though.
>>
File: darksouls3.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
darksouls3.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
Sneaky from soft.
They want us to believe that aldrich devoured more than one god, while in reality he only devoured gwyndolin.
Well played from, well played.
>>
>>332377746
>Aldritch's theme prominently includes the wailing vocals from Gwyndolin's
I can't believe Gwyndolin is just food and nothing else. When I play this game, if I find ANY evidence whatsoever that Gwyndolin might be the one in control I'm running with it. The music is too similar for that to not be a possibility. Would be a glorious character twist.
>>
File: 1458936771003.jpg (165 KB, 1180x722) Image search: [Google]
1458936771003.jpg
165 KB, 1180x722
>>332377539
But Gwyn firstborn is just around the same height as Gwyn, maybe lords are just tall humans and since there are(were) giant knights guarding Anor Londo maybe they just coexisted with them.

Also Gwyndolin is special, Gwyn didn't raise him as a girl just for shit a giggles.
>>
>>332377695
I don't think she's Alvina reincarnated because their personalities are too different.

Shalqoir is just a bakeneko because From isn't above referencing Japanese mythology in their medieval games, and why shouldn't they.
>>
>>332377746
He also devoured Nito
>>
>>332378092
he did not.
because chosen undead killed him first.
>>
Surely the Londo gods and their knights are a race of giant humans refferred to as lords? That's what I assumed.
>>
File: 1458755978314.png (8 KB, 420x414) Image search: [Google]
1458755978314.png
8 KB, 420x414
>>332378092
>Aldritch devouring Papa Nito
OH HELL NO.
>>
File: lifehunt_scythe.png (32 KB, 201x230) Image search: [Google]
lifehunt_scythe.png
32 KB, 201x230
>>332378092
And possibly Priscilla too.
>Miracle of Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.
>Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding.
>>
>>332377695
Yeah I figured I shouldnt read too much into it. She is an interesting character and I wish there was a little more in game info

>>332377632
Thank you I was not aware of that
>>
>>332378136
He ate his remains. Chosen undead got his soul. Why is this a hard concept?
>>
>>332372495
The Souls series "story" or "lore" is a mishmash of cool-sounding things the devs threw together. No, it's not something that makes sense once you "put the pieces together". People who say that are just making up fanfiction. That's fine to do, but don't pass it off as canon.
>>
>>332378137
Yes, Manus/The Pygmy is the source of "Humans"
>>
>>332378219
i thought that too at first but
>Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon.
>DREAMT
and now imitates something he saw while dreaming.
>>332378294
WHAT REMAINS? LORDS DISAPPEAR AFTER BEING KILLED BY THE CHOSEN UNDEAD.
>>
>>332378219
>>332378425

and he is the devourer of "gods" while priscilla wasn't a god.
>>
File: 1458985746102.jpg (479 KB, 1318x1608) Image search: [Google]
1458985746102.jpg
479 KB, 1318x1608
>>332377971
Nah m8, Gwyndolin was played and probably scream for help while dying.
>>
Here's what I can't figure out about DaS lore.

The Undead curse was a problem, but the prologue said that the fire was fading, and that man saw "only endless nights"

Why did the fire fading mean the end of the world? Was the lack of the fire the reason that people were going undead/hollow? Didn't seem like there was endless night anywhere, and from what the NPCs said (as far as I can tell) the world was fine.
>>
Fuck Dark Souls 1 I just wanna know more about Dark Souls 2. It seemed pretty creative with Vendrick being, or at least seeming to alluded to be, the player/the player after the player and how no matter what choie you made, it didn't really matte rbecuase fate would have someone come along and undo your work. They also make a point about it being about the curse rather then the soul, but the only talk of the curse is the causing of Hollowing/demonstrating it with Lucatiel (which we knew from DaS1) and how a true king could reverse hollowing.
>>
File: kingofwant.jpg (465 KB, 1252x1618) Image search: [Google]
kingofwant.jpg
465 KB, 1252x1618
So 3 takes place far in the future where they don't even know Vendrick's name anymore.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (20 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
20 KB, 400x397
I'd like somethings clarified that I heard once and don't know.

1) In Dark Souls 1 when you reach the demons, there's lava everywhere. Is that lava the sun?

2) Is Ash Lake where life in the Dark Souls universe started?
>>
>>332378396
I agree. The souls series is way more about evocative concepts and encouraging play with ideas than about coherent story telling.
>>
>>332378501
He was just a cannibal before devouring gods, after eating enougth people he had the strength to eat gods, also Priscilla is a crossbreed with lord and dragon.

Some fags are speculating she is Gwyn granddaughter from his firstborn but I ignore the details so I won't go further in that path.
>>
>>332378731
>Is that lava the sun?

Fucking what
>>
>>332378731
>Is that lava the sun?

I swear to god /v/ gets dumber every day
>>
File: sully.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sully.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>332378528
Pontiff Sully trapped Gwyndolin to be eaten by Aldrich.
He was jealous and wanted some of Gwyndolin's power or something.
>>
File: 1458933204187.jpg (136 KB, 1273x810) Image search: [Google]
1458933204187.jpg
136 KB, 1273x810
>>332378805
No Pontiff is just Aldrich lackey
>>
>>332378425
Their body disappears because that is the animation for most huge as fuck enemies in dark souls. I'm sure it is isn't cannon that you just magically sparkle away when you die. When Nito dies CU takes his soul but there are of course bit sof him left behind for Aldrich. Was Nito so lovable that the idea of him being eaten such a big deal? He was barely even in the game compared to any other NPC
>>
>>332378628
>Old Iron King
>Old Ivory King
>Old Sunken King
>now Old King of Want

You know, gotta give them props for sticking with the theme.

>>332378731
No, that lava is just molten rock from Izalith's fire. You're in the birthplace of pyromancy, after all.
And Ash Lake is the surface. Lordran is actually high above the "surface", so to speak, as it was during the times of the Everlasting Dragons. Ash Lake is one of the few remains of the old world that remains closest to what it once was, since you reach it by climbing down a hollow archtree and everything.

Gwyn literally built his kingdom on top of the Everlasting Dragons' world.
>>
>>332378731
Ash lake is where the dragons lived. The kiln of the first flame is most likely where the Lord souls were found.
>>
>>332378628
>All of Nashandra's Want gear ends up being called Vendrick's
That nigga just can't catch a break.
>>
File: trap ring.jpg (73 KB, 634x718) Image search: [Google]
trap ring.jpg
73 KB, 634x718
Looks like you can be a trap too /v/!
You sick fucks happy?
>>
>>332378010
Anyone got the webM of this guy killing his mount? It's fucking BA.
>>
>>332379063
holy fucking shit is that real?
>>
>>332379063
I'll never be happy
>>
>>332373894
Quantum micro fluctuations.

It's theorised that our universe is inside another universe that also has a bunch of other universes growing in it. One day our universe will have its own universes expanding inside it as well.
>>
File: 1454715719126.png (207 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454715719126.png
207 KB, 500x500
>>332379063
No, but muh dick will be.
>>
>>332379124
Maybe as a girl you might.
>>
is it true the shit streamers are playing is a pre-patched easy mode version of the game
>>
File: 1459222502861.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459222502861.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>332379105
No but here is him throwing shit at you
>>
File: Kazuhira....jpg (849 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kazuhira....jpg
849 KB, 1920x1080
>>332379063
>Causes males to perform female actions
>>
>>332375593
How does "Humanity" fit into this concept?
>>
Why is the MC a little guy while everyone else is 12 feet tall?
>>
>>332379132
What created that universe?
>>
>>332379272
I've considered it
>>
Dark Souls is a series about consumption.
You consume and consume and consume to grow beyond the limits of your birth. Eat and devour and take until you're on top. If someone's on top, they consumed something powerful / a lot of stuff to get there.

blah blah allegory for humanity's tendencies towards mass consumption and the fading of the light

>>332379548
MC is a humie grot, a lot of enemies are a different species (called Lords or Gods, whatever.) Age of Dragons, Age of Lords, Age of Man.
>>
>>332379586
Your mom
>>
File: 1453786017501.jpg (54 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
1453786017501.jpg
54 KB, 500x664
>>332379063
>Male actions
>Female actions

Such as?
>>
File: Gwynevere_art.jpg (140 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
Gwynevere_art.jpg
140 KB, 800x548
>>332379063
>Gwyn firstborn is his living image but fucks off to side with the ancient
>Second child is a female
>Third one is a male but since he was born with moon powers might as well turn him into a woman
Being Gwyn is suffering.
>>
>>332379586
Same thing.

Or we could all just be simulations in an alien computer program.
>>
File: full-moon-juarez-mexico.jpg (139 KB, 1190x934) Image search: [Google]
full-moon-juarez-mexico.jpg
139 KB, 1190x934
>>332379705
>Man those tits are too good to be true
>...
>...
>...
>>
WHY THE FUCK DOES THE NEW DS3 HAVE SUCH A HIGH REQUIREMENT TO PLAY ON 60FPS
>>
>>332379705
>having amazing chest ahead
>suffering
>>
>>332378528

hol up nigga, someone explain the lore of DS3 for me. Who's Aldritch, why does he eat god remains, does the Lifehunt Scythe miracle imply Priscilla got eaten, etc. ty
>>
>>332379705
At least he got the bear mode Solaire in the end.
>>
>>332379705
His firstborne fucked something up so his name was lost to time. He fucked off against his will.
>>
>>332379807
Same reason the first one does, assuming you aren't using DS fix.
>>
>rolled des and das with a guy
>das2 and bloodborne as a girl
Fuck. What should I do? Is there a coffin like shit so I can swap gender on ng+?
>>
>>332379803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

>>332379807
If you just care about FPS you can let graphics suffer. Protip though: a lot of modern day minimums / recommended specs are bumped up like two tiers of hardware so people don't get pissy when they post a spec and that person can't run it at 1080p/60fps.
>>
>>332379961
i just want to play on medium settings with 40-60 fps Fambam
>>
>>332379868
That was a mistranslation, the jap version says he did something that made Gwyn rage and erased him from the annals and took off his god status.

Now we know he befriended that drake-bird thing and allied himself with the ancient dragons.
>>
>>332379683
Walking animations i'd guess. Maybe some gestures are slightly different.
>>
>>332379961
>very first comment on the video is from Wil Wheaton
The fuck? Fuck outta here
>>
>>332379997
as long as you aren't running say, Doom on a toaster I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
>>332373346
That's Indians you're thinking of. Native Americans had different cosmological myths.
>>
>>332380046
Not like he gave a fuck about the exile, he still went to the tomb of Gwyn to leave his ring and he is around Anor Londo and didn't do shit to prevent Gwyndolin turning into maggot food.

Nigga simply did not give a fuck.
>>
>>332380093
i have a gtx 760 and amd 8120 :^(
>>
File: ayy.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>332380046
So he was Solaire?
>>
>>332379961

Holy shit, I was looking for that video earlier, couldn't find it. Thanks
>>
>>332380256
No he is this guy >>332378010
Solarie is just a common guy with nothing special aside of his dedication.
>>
>>332378010
>This guy shows up
>Literally no reason for Andre to be around in DS3 anymore
Do they ever explain why or how Andre is still kicking in a game set thousands of years after DS1? Cause that shit is dumb.
>>
>>332380381
>>332378010

How is he still even alive? It's got to be a gorillion years since DS1, and by then all the gods' powers were fading
>>
>>332380518
sssshhhhhh, just accept the pandering for what it is baby.
>>
>>332378010
Why does this image makes me think he's the medieval fantasy version of Chad with twelve popped collars stacked on top of one another.
>>
>>332380518
Time is convoluted etc etc.
Also since he is no longer a god his powers don't depend on the flame.
>>
File: 0968589.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0968589.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1080
>>332380757
I don't know but I kinda got that impression with Ornstein, I guess lightning fags just look like assholes.
>>
>tfw all the trapfags only Souls waifu got eaten by a mass of black sludge in the shitty ruins of Anor Londo
I can hear Miyazaki laughing at you.
>>
>>332380994
Looks to be Gwyn's disowned son if anything else.

>large spear imbued with glowing golden power akin to Sunlight Blade miracle
>clothing and armor similar to the Lord's set
>>
>>332379063
Say what you will about Miyazaki, the man knows his audience. I bet he got the idea from browsing /v/ and seeing how gay everybody is.
>>
Will we ever find out who Gwyn's firstborn is, /v/?
>>
>>332381306
>There are people this fucking retarded
>>
>>332381218
That doesn't stop me from jerking off to him
>>
File: chh2.jpg (157 KB, 701x613) Image search: [Google]
chh2.jpg
157 KB, 701x613
>>332379705
>amazing chest ahead
>>
File: 1458931808097.jpg (284 KB, 1276x804) Image search: [Google]
1458931808097.jpg
284 KB, 1276x804
>>332380994
Funny because Ornstein was the first knight of the firstborn (aka Nameless King), the Nameless King fight is like fighting giant Ornstein on steroids.

This technically makes Ornstein the first Sunbro.
>>
>>332381306
Read the thread, silly.
>>
>>332381392
This is part of the souls experience.
>>
>>332381413
>Smough
>last knight
Didn't Dark Souls explicitly say that he was never knighted, and was instead a crazed cannibalistic fucker?
>>
>>332378528
>eats everything there is in his cathedral
>becomes a lord of cinder somehow while constantly stuffing his face with people
>eats so many the accumulated Humanity turns him into a giant black slime blob
>fucks off to Anor Londo to eat more dudes so these Unkindled faggots will finally leave him alone
>his bro Sully gives him this girl boy trap god thing for Aldrich to snack on
>doing so gives him Darkmoon powers
I think Aldrich might be my new favorite Souls character.
>>
>>332381413
>the last Knight to remain at his post.
What. That means Smough was real, but Ornstein was an illusion instead?

>>332381507
Smough was a knight. What he wanted to be one of the Four Knights.
...which would then be five.
>>
>>332381507
He was a knight he just didn't get to be a royal knight (Ornstein, Artorias, etc) because of his cannibalistic habits. I think he was barely above the Silver knights in ranking.
>>
>>332381518
He's easily the most interesting out of all of them, they really half-assed most of the bosses in this one in terms of backstory and build up.
>>
>>332381413
Has it been confirmed that the NK is the Firstborn of Gwyn? I mean, I could certainly fucking see it if he was, but is there any concrete proof?

>>332381507
Maybe it's deliberately wrong because history changes and stuff, or maybe Miyazaki fucked up.
>>
>>332381560
>>332381594
I was only half right, fuck. As for the "Ornstein was an illusion" thing, I think the ring is referencing the fact that most people kill Ornstein first, thus leaving Smough.
>>
>>332380994
>they never fixed the green reflection bug
>>
>>332381623
His soul and weapon description state he was the god of war before throwing his status away.
Can't find the screenshot of his items.
>>
>>332379548
because THEY WUZ GODZ AN SHIEET
>>
>>332381560
>but Ornstein was an illusion instead?

That would explain him showing up in DS2
>>
Kaathe and Frampt when?
KAATHE AND FRAMPT WHEN?
I don't need much from you beyond that, From. Give me my sweet toothy serpent lore.
>>
File: 1459032613420.png (407 KB, 735x804) Image search: [Google]
1459032613420.png
407 KB, 735x804
>>332381623
>>
>>332382693
Let's also take a second to point out that, apart from Gwynevere, which is the centerpiece of Gwyndolin's illusion and the very thing that keeps Fake Anor Londo together, Smough is the only being in the entire city that unmistakably has a voice, considering his constant creepy laughter.
>>
>>332382739
There are statues of the primordial serpents with clothes
>>
>>332382758
Wow what a nigger.
>>
>>332378245
I always thought she was Alvina
>>
File: trigger.jpg (558 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trigger.jpg
558 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>first playthrough of DS
>go to Gwynevere
>leave
>see no problems anywhere
>beat game
>go on /v/ to talk about it
>mfw
>>
File: mfw.jpg (1 KB, 201x169) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
1 KB, 201x169
>>332383101
>mfw anon tells the most pointless and boring fucking greentext story I've ever seen
>>
File: 1423776518384.jpg (43 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1423776518384.jpg
43 KB, 534x401
>>332383101
It's alright anon, no one would fault you for not wanting to compromise amazing chest ahead
>>
File: 1459176457915.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459176457915.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
>>332382739
DLC
>>
File: Primordial Serpent.jpg (74 KB, 483x604) Image search: [Google]
Primordial Serpent.jpg
74 KB, 483x604
>>332382916
???

>>332383369
...Oh
>>
>>332382693
We don't know if Ornstein was an illusion in 1. And in 2 he was reincarnated, just like bed of chaos in lost sinner, Nito in Rotten, the shards of Manus in Nashandra.
>>
>>332377695
Where is the contradiction? She is just a really old sentient cat. That's all that is to it and all there needs to be.
>>
>>332383073
>Das1, giant axe with wrath of gods, soul edge with a free windscar
>Das3, busted dragon tailbone with depressing text

WHERE IS YOUR DRAGON GOD NOW, DRAGON FAGS?
>>
>>332383301
Why would I ever get the idea of shooting the lady? I had no reason to.

I would've shit my pants if I had done it.
>>
File: 1308131158097.jpg (20 KB, 378x480) Image search: [Google]
1308131158097.jpg
20 KB, 378x480
>>332378731
>Is that lava the sun?
This is how dumb Souls lorefags are
>>
>>332383540

The other dudes were in some way manifestations of the original 4 great souls, which would explain why they reincarnate, but Ornstein doesn't have shit
>>
God the story for this series is rubbish
>>
Fuck if I know
>>
>>332383369
that body is not what I expected
>>
>>332380494
yes
>>
>>332383959
that one looks unfinished, not fully formed. Maybe they started out human and transformed somehow?
>>
>>332383813
Either we keep going with the convoluted time or simple tall humans life a fuck ton of time.

Or the Ornstein in DaS2 is not really him but a nigger with his armor, there is one too in DaS3 but uses a hammer instead of a spear.
>>
>>332383731

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Way of White covenant, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret tail cuts on Everlasting Dragons, and I have over 300 Eyes of Death. I am trained in pyromancy and I’m the top cleric in the entire Anor Londo. You are nothing to me but just another soul. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Lordran, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Lordvessel? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting that creepy fucker Patches and I told him you're a goddamned cleric so you better prepare for the kick, hollow etc. etc.
>>
File: 1428453390069.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1428453390069.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>332384095
>As we speak I am contacting that creepy fucker Patches and I told him you're a goddamned cleric so you better prepare for the kick
>>
>>332379781
This, we are a simulation.

Watch this video for more information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc
>>
Was the backstory for Vordt of the Boreal Valley ever explained?
>>
>Tfw used a throwing knife and it went straight into gwynevere's throat
>Her scream while she was dying

Didn't expect that but it was pretty cool
>>
>>332384359
Watch out, there's a tough guy who can kill a harmless cantrip here.
>>
File: family tree.jpg (303 KB, 665x947) Image search: [Google]
family tree.jpg
303 KB, 665x947
>>332382758
>Gwyn's son is disowned for allying himself with the ancient dragons
>Priscilla isn't the fucking product of Seath's experiments but the daughter of the Nameless King

Suddenly, this shitty joke manga image makes fucking sense.
>>
>>332384359
Meanwhile
>Dark Souls 2
>Meeting the creepy Queen "I am totally not the villain" Nashandra
>shoot an arrow right at her forehead
>it hits with a little hard sound and there is no response
Shame.
>>
>>332377113
>Pygmy
Whos that?
>>
>>332384529
Doesn't she laugh and banishes if you manage you hit her?
>>
>>332384532
>And from the dark they came, and found the Souls of Lords within the flame
>Nito, First of the Dead
>The Witch of Izalith, and her Daughters of Chaos
>Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights
>And the Furtive Pygmy, so easily forgotten.
Turns out Dark Souls as a whole is an extremely allegorical re-telling of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
>>
>>332384672
Not that anon but I tried to shoot her from several angles and ranges with no success, Curved Dragon Greatsword windslash and pyromancies were unable to touch her as well. There's a big invisible wall in front of her.
>>
>first flame slowly wanes over time until someone comes along and kindles it, leaving suffering in the wake of its cycle
>the abyss which manus's mutated dark soul created grows as the first flame weakens, mutating anything it touches into tormented horrors
>Izalith fucked up so hard she created the old chaos, an all-consuming fiery hell
So the moral of the story is that the dragons were right and eternal nothingness should be the goal?
>>
>>332384685
I don't know man, tell me more. I've only played a few hours of the series entirely and didn't pay much attention past what was about to kill me. I'm interested.
>>
File: uOURj1D.jpg (52 KB, 383x526) Image search: [Google]
uOURj1D.jpg
52 KB, 383x526
>>332384685
>Turns out Dark Souls as a whole is an extremely allegorical re-telling of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Heh.
>>
>>332384685
>>332384761
>nito is the only lord soul bearer who hasn't caused untold centuries of suffering

why is he so based
>>
>>332374132
Gwynn and Ornstein etc, all those big people? They're regular humans.
Then there's giants.
Then there's the players. Who are pygmies/Halflings.
Gyrm a dwarves.
>>
File: sad.png (92 KB, 283x343) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
92 KB, 283x343
>>332384872
He just wanted to take a nap and make sure dead people were respected.
>>
>>332384761
If we go by the third ending, yes. Hollows where always the answer.
>>
>>332384672
Nope. Although some people apparently report that she can "die" if you hit her enough and her throne in the throne chamber will somehow react to it. But I haven't verified that personally.

>>332384763
First, go watch the intro to Dark Souls I again. It'll clear a lot of questions you might have.
That said, the same way Nito, the Witch of Izalith, and Gwyn found their three Lord Souls that granted them unthinkable power and allowed them to shape the world as they wanted with themselves as god, unknown to them [maybe?] was the fact that there was a FOURTH Lord Soul, which was found by some poor, miserable wretch only referred to as the "Furtive Pygmy".
He didn't contribute at all to the fight against the Everlasting Dragons, he's not a Lord, he's not a God. But his soul was the titular Dark Soul, and was a counterpart to the Souls of Lords. Instead of gaining power from his soul, however, he splintered it, and divided it amongst mankind. Each human carries a tiny fragment.
>>
>>332384931
>by spawning black phantom skeleton wheels everywhere

Nigga should burn in the old chaos.
>>
>>332385005
>by spawning black phantom skeleton wheels everywhere
Nito isn't responsible for that, every fucked up monstrosity down their is a product of Pinwheel's experimentations with necromancy. Nito is so chill he just hands out superpowers and swords to people who show respect and visit him in the right way.
>>
>>332374682
>>332375401
>>332375621
There were two sets of silver knights initially. One protected anor londo and the other was an army that killed the demons from Izalith.

The army knights are the one who used the huge weapons like the greataxe for killing demons

The reason they're black is because of the Chaos Demons.

Shield of the Black Knights that wander
Lordran. A flowing canal is chiseled deeply
into its face
Long ago, the black knights faced the chaos
demons, and were charred black, but their
shields became highly resistant to fire.

These charred knights who fought the Chaos Demons were the ones who became disembodied spirits after being burned by the first flame.

The other silver knights still protect anor londo.
>>
>>332384998

CAn someone explain the furtive pygmy shit to me? The Dark Soul allows for humans to gain souls right? Or have humanity? What does it enable, why is it special? Why was the furtive pygmy enabling a little piece of soul in every human make a difference/matter?

Whats the importance of humanity/its presence in Oolacile/how does it relate to Manus, the Four Kings and the Dark?
>>
>>332375953
>Probably human
They can't be human, humans are born of the Dark soul
>>
>>332385228
>Why was the furtive pygmy enabling a little piece of soul in every human make a difference/matter?
There are a lot of possible answers, the two most likely being either he did it as some sort of Prometheus moment by thinking that ALL humans should share the powers that the Lords have, or because he simply wanted to screw with Gwyn and his appointed order.

The Dark Soul isn't what allow humans to gain souls, I don't think. That's an entirely separate skill that all beings might have, humans or not. But the Dark Soul IS Humanity, as in the item Humanity, and it's one of the things that qualify humans in the setting.

And how it related to Oolacile? Because as the First Flame dims and weakens, unlike the Lord Souls, that steadily lose power, the Dark Soul grows stronger. Except that this growing stronger doesn't manifest only by giving its bearer strength. The Dark Soul, Humanity, within can quite literally run rampant, out of control, and twist you into a monster. [cont]
>>
>>332385228
Humanity is, essentially, some fucked up stuff. The furtive pygmy split his soul among all humans (which is what the humanity items are). It's so split up that normally the average shard of it bears no great power, thus humans are seen as weak and overlooked.

However, it's got a lot of horrific potential. Manus was some nobody whose tiny fragment of humanity mutated, transforming him into the monster you see in AotA and essentially singlehandedly creating the Abyss. Even once he was killed, his soul split off into fragments where even the smallest ones could be highly dangerous (that's what Nashandra and the Crown DLCs of 2 were all about). And Oolacile/the four kings is an example of what happens when the power of the dark soul is tapped.
>>
I've mentioned this before, but I think Gwyn's knights are just constructs. He uses tiny amounts of his vast power to give life to beings of soul energy. That's why all varieties of knights bleed energy instead of blood when hit.
>>
>>332385585
>>332385228
And this rampancy isn't just a result of the First Flame growing weaker, it can apparently result from trauma or tampering. Manus, and the Abyss that it spawned, was apparently a primeval man, either the Furtive Pygmy himself [remember, the Pygmy wasn't a Lord, he was literally a normal man/hollow being] or one of the first humans, whose humanity ran wild, twisted him into the monster he was, and as a result caused a chain reaction that made every other humanity nearby run rampant as well, turning the citizenry into the monsters you see in the game. The Dark/Abyss is a result of this, something like the localized result of rampant humanity and the effects it has in the environment. The Four Kings, on the other hand, aren't explicitly stated as having their humanity running rampant, but they were somehow secuded by Darkstalker Kaathe and convinced to use their soul of Gwyn's shard and Lifedrain and became Humanity-sucking abominations. That created a new Abyss.
>>
>>332385757
!!!Which is a power gwendolin would later inherit and master???!!!!
>>
File: nashandra.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nashandra.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
>>332384529
>>332384672
>still haven't complete DeS2
>but this bitch still gives me the willys
Its doesn't help that her painting fucks your shit up when you get too close to it. Gods I can't wait to put my bastard through her fucking throat. Dark loving shits.
>>
>>332386120
The painting near where Licia invades you?

I never tried that, what does it do?
>>
>>332386180
Standing close to it gives you curse out the ass.
>>
>>332386120
That said, her boobs seem quite perky though.
Nowhere near amazing chest ahead, but she isn't entirely featureless either.
I can sorta see where Vendrick is coming from
>>
>>332386180
Its in the Castle of Drangleic with a big ass picture of her looking all dignified and shit. I thought I would do a bit of roleplay by bowing to it in respect only to get my ass cursed from it. I didn't trust her after that because she seemed way off.
>>
File: 1409939287798.jpg (112 KB, 636x954) Image search: [Google]
1409939287798.jpg
112 KB, 636x954
>>332386313
>I thought I would do a bit of roleplay by bowing to it in respect only to get my ass cursed from it.
Alright, that's pretty great
>>
these dark souls games sure are getting convoluted

i miss the mystery of the first game

all this mixing of plotholes and poor plot in general is really messing with my head

can't wait for the retcons in 3 and all the bullshit
>>
>>332385757
Even if that's partially true they can't be ALL just constructs, there need to be actual people in there two. Or else Smough's backstory makes little sense
>>
>>332378595
>Why did the fire fading mean the end of the world?
Because
>Literally the very freaking sun will stop existing, since all flame/light is a creation of the First Flame. The world is weird like that
>humanity will revert back to its natural state, hollow. And having all of your population turn into a mob of mindless, zombie-like beings with no higher brain functions is no way to run a country.
>>
In the nameless king fight, what happens if you use a ranged weapon or something and kill him before the bird?
>>
>>332384232
>the universe is just one giant tabletop D&D session
We running on ruleset v2.0.16
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.