[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Survival/Survival Horror Co-op
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: survivalHorror.jpg (30 KB, 569x381) Image search: [Google]
survivalHorror.jpg
30 KB, 569x381
Having difficulties finding a fresh survival/survival horror , or even an RPG game to play with my buds. Looking for something with a rewarding aspect to it. Something to strive for as a team, some goals to accomplish. Looking for something that throws you in there with nothing and expects you to work your way to the top while fending off the game's challenges. Mainly PC games, Guess consoles are ok can just get an emulator. Some examples:
>Vagante: Rouge RPG, fairly difficult, skills/attributes to level up, nice progression to it.
>Don't starve: Nice survival feel, having to divide the workload between comrades to make the most of your days.
>Champions of Norrath: baulder's gate esq, skills, classes, every party member having a niche to fill with different abilities and such
Note: not too keen on games like dayz, rust, ark: survival evolved, and the like. We really dont like games where someone can just come in and fuck your shit up when you are offline, that's entirely too much dedication.
>>
>>332366825

bump
>>
>>332366825
Saving your thread here OP
Hell Diver
Friendly fire are always on, so you really need to communicate and work as a team to survive and complete objective.
fun as fuck on the PS4, waiting for the steam sale to get it on the PC.
>>
I think that there is a project to make servers for the Resident Evil Outbreak games for the PS2.
>>
File: exa.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
exa.gif
4 MB, 480x360
Exanima is single player for now but it's a pretty neat game that relies on player skill. Permadeath campaign and Arena modes right now.
early access
>>
>>332367905
Best " Not Starship Trooper, Starship Trooper videogame"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRl70-F9o6I
>>
File: sir.gif (2 MB, 300x336) Image search: [Google]
sir.gif
2 MB, 300x336
>>332368003
also spooky
>>
>>332366825
>He hasn't played Resident Evil: Outbreak 1 and 2
It proved why survival horror doesn't work with a friend. It's just too slow and tedious. Anything less than action horror and you won't even finish the game.
>>
>>332368452
But ObScure 1 and 2 are great..
>>
>>332366825
Try Project Zomboid.
>>
>>332368452
OP here, I didn't play the first one, I did own the second. Those are poor examples anon, outbreak was broken. Plus I believe it wasn't local coop? you had to be online if i recall, with no VoIP? that's your example? Lol.
>>
>>332368452
well i mean, those were shit games lol. Original resident evils were ok
>>
>>332368735
...because Obscure 1 and 2 were closer to action horror. It had minimal inventory control and focused more on constantly putting players either in an action or puzzle environment.

Outbreak literally felt like a pre-RE 4 Resident Evil game, but with a +1. I completed it numerous time solo, but couldn't even finish it once with a friend. It just doesn't work.
>>
>>332368735
Holy shit, those games are fantastic, if only they were online co-op.

And sum 41 wasn't the main soundtrack
>>
>>332369351
Op and friend just bought Obscure 2 on steam, it's on sale if anyone is interested. Local coop btw
>>
>>332368897
Same principle though. How do you make a survival horror game which bases a big part of its gameplay around item management fun between two people?

You can't. Splinter Cell CT/DA were both multiplayer and they were slow game also, but worked because all you had to do was focus on the action. One of the things I hated most about RE 5 was coming to a complete after finding a new weapon to sort out the inventory yet a-fucking-gain, and that was still a stupidly simple inventory mechanic. Like I said - it just doesn't work.
>>
>>332369179

Wait, resident evil outbreak was coop?
>>
>>332369661
Yeah I noticed, Gonna buy that right now. Double pack is pretty cheap.
I played it through on Xbox first.
I can imagine PC being a whole new experience.
>>
>>332366825
Contagion and Alien Swarm.
One is a zombie FPS. The other is a top-down squad shooter.
Both are good IMO. Alien Swarm is FREE
>>
>>332369782
Yes, and it was fucking glorious.
>>
>>332369832
I had the second one for the wii. It was tons of fun but AI was completely retarded and wasted all my ammo and killed my runs effectively. worst thing is you can't do shit about it. >>332369928
getting that iso right now lol
>>
File: 1456643941895.jpg (73 KB, 636x1013) Image search: [Google]
1456643941895.jpg
73 KB, 636x1013
>>332369726
It has worked. you're talking about a broken game still. Come up with a good example. just because you lack the social skills to operate a team based game that requires you to think about what you're doing, when you do it, and items to use when doing it, doesn't mean you have any ground to stand on anon, anyway, done chatting with you about it, it's here nor there, you don't like it, we do. Gonna go play a coop survival horror game and have fun doing it. Lol
>>
>>332369980
Funfact both of the people you replied to were me.

Both obscure 1/2 and outbreak file 1/2 were great games
>>
>>332370301
>just because you lack the social skills
Projecting, if anything.
>you don't like it, we do
I don't like it because it doesn't work and ruins the survival horror experience. You're not suppose to play Silent Hill 1/2/3 with a coop partner.
>>
>>332371570
Lumping all survival horror into games with silent hill/ resi style inv/movement/combat systems. There's other ways to make games bruddah
>>
>>332371570
I believe his social skills comment was in reference to your inability to work out a coop inventory.

> You're not suppose to play Silent Hill 1/2/3 with a coop partner.

>You're not supposed to enjoy a game.
it's like saying you're not supposed to have ketchup on your sandwhich, you only get mayonnaise.
>>
>>332366825
If you don't mind shit graphics, Unturned is basically DayZ but with a way better crafting system.
>>
>>332372216
we actually had a lot of fun with unturned, unfortunately online play in a server didn't mean shit because your base would be destroyed and raided unless you were constantly online. we'd like to do a local hosting but there isn't much challenge too it. perhaps if bosses or somethign were added
>>
>>332368003
Can my laptop from 2007 run it?
>>
>>332366825
Nigga you want Project Zomboid from the looks of your picture and shit.

Really great game and could be considered a Rougelike since is kinda permadeath
>>
>>332373709
with lowest settings shouldnt be too bad, but from 2007 doesn't really tell us a whole lot.

>>332375174
we already got it, it is pretty fun though. need to play it more
>>
>>332375174
anything else similar to that would be cool too
>>
>>332366825
me and my brother have put in 70+ hours together in Project Zomboid.
with the new diet system and updated animation we'll be back on it in the next month or two.
normally I hate EA games, but damn, the year this game finally gets polished it'll be my favorite zombie game ever.
>>
>>332366825
>not too keen on games like dayz, rust, ark: survival evolved, and the like. We really dont like games where someone can just come in and fuck your shit up when you are offline, that's entirely too much dedication.

What is a private server?
>>
>>332376275
thats like buying call of duty to play the multiplayer part alone. it's retarded, and so are you. games like that is based on multiplayer interaction. If you play dayz without any other players you're literally just running around and finding weapons, there are no enemies. Play rust alone, have fun killing the literally only 2 aggressive mobs that are there.
>>
File: yeah_no.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
yeah_no.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>OP asks for games recommendation
>recommend games
>not even a fucking thanks
>>
>>332376672
Not op, but if you're looking to get your hand held, I'm free after 3:30 tomorrow.
>>
>>332376672
Thanks. I forgot 4chan was so sensitive. Got sidetracked with the narrow minded prick who thinks you cant have co-op in horror games. Side note- OP owns zomboid, has played unturned pretty extensively, hasnt heard of hell diver, checked out, looked alright,not too big into scifi... Dayz - was fun during the mod days i think, standalone isnt really fun.
>>
>>332377038
Op really recommends vagante if you like RPGs, 4 player local coop, 4 classes, random loot, stats, level ups, rouge like. anymore like this? Where the fuck are the good games?
>>
>>332376770
I actually think OP just ignored my post.>>332377038
>>332377150
>>
>>332366825
I'm not sure if
it fits but you could get a solid group & try project gorgon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ7jJV7VSH4
>>
>>332366825
Give Dying Light a try.
>>
No more room in hell is actually amazing and free (probably the best source mod)
Obscure 1 and 2
Resident Evil outbreak 1 and 2
>>
>>332380208
we played dead island, it seemed so disappointing. It sort of seemed like it was supposed to be a "use any weapons you can find in the environment to fight!" and in turn was a "use this fucked up looking weird ass crafting system to fight!" combat system was fun as shit tho. OP2 played dying light, OP1 didnt want to get into it. is the coop good?

>>332380434
played a good bit of no more room in hell, good recommendation, though we're trying to avoid just the "round based" games at this point, and looking more for rpg adventure. we would definitely love a genuine zombie survival/fort based game if there ever was a good game. Our biggest disappointment with the influx of zombie games is that they're all shit and ruining the market because of the overflooding.
>>
>>332380568
>round based
Don't play the survival mode then
It has two different modes, survival is just waves and objective has you trying to find a way to escape from a map while conserving ammo.
Also cry of fear has an okay multiplayer although the single player is better.
>>
File: urong.jpg (28 KB, 1008x630) Image search: [Google]
urong.jpg
28 KB, 1008x630
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.