[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ think of Bioshock Infinite? besides the fact the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: Bioshock pretentious edition.jpg (322 KB, 625x887) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock pretentious edition.jpg
322 KB, 625x887
what does /v/ think of Bioshock Infinite? besides the fact the shooting is mediocre and the ending is garbage
>>
>>332355620
Where were you years ago when this was a relevant question?
>>
>>332355704
So basically games become irrelevant after 3 years from release? Do you even like video games?
>>
File: 1416481617988.jpg (212 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1416481617988.jpg
212 KB, 700x525
>>332355861
>>Do you even like video games?
>>
File: 1406120116831.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1406120116831.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
>>332355620
Elizabeth is cute.
>>
>>332355861
>>332355620
The shooting is mediocre and the ending is garbage.
Congratulations nigger, you think like the rest of us
>>
>>332356236
agreed
>>
Is the Burial at Sea DLC worth buying?
>>
>>332355620
It is a piss in the face of the series.
Tries to be deep but anyone with a IQ over 70 can tell no thought was actually put into it.
Could grasp what made the other Shock games good and shows that it didn't even try.
The good game we should have gotten was scrapped entirely 6 months prior to the release and Ken told nobody.

Also the general media coverage making the game out to be a modern masterpiece to be talked about in a good light for years to come when literally a week later most everyone forget about it outside of people calling it horseshit.
>>
File: download.jpg (275 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
275 KB, 1024x576
>>332355620
I think we need more games like this that reward us intelligent gamers. The maturity of the themes was a nice surprise. The thing that I appreciated were the intense puzzles, I admit I had to google the answer for this one.
>>
>>332356759
"It's not a puzzle, normie, REEEEEEEEE"
--Ken Levine
>>
>>332356668
No but you have to to see the rest of the story. Story DLC is garbage
>>
>>332355620
it's fucking shit, bioshock 1 is miles better
>>
>>332355620
Levine be like: Oh look we know to write cool messages! Oh look, you don't understand a shit! That proves how amazing and complex the game is!

And mediocre teens be like: Oh my god, I dont understand shit, AMAZING game, so deep, so complex, my intellect has incresed a 30% GOTY 10/10

Reality: The game is trash, the story has a lot of contradictions and doesnt work and the gameplay part is probably one of the worst FPS you could find at its time. The OST.....I dont think is good when I dont remember any track, the game had OST at all?

2'5/10 The art and setting were good thoug.
>>
>>332355620
>anti-religous
>anti-american

THis game was written by a Jew. I bet $100.
>>
>>332357269
The funny thing is the Infinite really actually had me until they introduced the other world bullshit and they switch to some other universe where the chink is still alive but OH NOES HE HAS NO TOOLS
>>
>>332357269
>>>/facebook/
>>
It's actually a lot better than people here say it is.
>>
It was like every other new release in a series.

Simplified down to a stock standard fps. Removed capabilities and usefulness of plasmids, making them barely worth using. Removed the mystery and eery atmosphere the bioshock games were revered for. Tried to capitalise on the protector role that made the first two so fun.

It's just another example of a company selling out, trying to sell copy's, not make a good game.
>>
>>332357647
fuck off shill, enjoy only having 2 weapons at once
>>
>>332355620
A big waste of time
they took the sys shock / previous bioshock formula and through it out the window in favour of linear setpiece mindless cod shootan and other bullshit i don't even care to mention
>>
Bioshock 2 was even better than infinite and I hardly remember most of the game
>>
>>332355620
It tried too hard to be smart and deep.
>>
It's pretty good. I enjoyed it.

It's very short though.
>>
File: vitamin c.png (87 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
vitamin c.png
87 KB, 220x282
whats important is in 1 I beat the game with novcita chambers on, on survivor difficulty and saved all the little shits and in the ending scene one of my supposed "daughters" marries a NIGGER

A NIGGER LLYOD!!! WRYYYYYY
>>
>>332355620

Just another example of devs milking a franchise because of the name, it could have been called anything else and it would be a decent game but since they slapped Bioshock on it with no real reason and effectively destroyed what the previous games built it's not that good.

Plasmids or now called vigors have no reason to exist in Columbia, in Rapture they were created to enhance the quality of life, in Columbia they literally tell you that your vigors are meant to kill people.

Elizabeth is basically a disney character, even the story reminds me of disney, why the fuck were there ghosts?

Linear as fuck and feels like an iOS game because of it.

Also the ending made 0 sense and I bet even the writers have no idea what exactly happened because the whole lighthouse thing and how exactly time works in the universe isn't fully explained and you're left with more questions than answers.
>>
>>332358513
Am I the only person who noticed that although Columbia is supposed to be a racist society, I never heard one person say nigger. and then later on in the game the niggers and the immigrants led by queen nigger act like typical niggers and start raping and killing everybody. So Bioshock infinite gives a perfect portrayal of the black lives matter movement in the future.
>>
>>332356236
Best part of the game desu senpai
>>
File: Moonmantheniggerkiller.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Moonmantheniggerkiller.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>332359248
The voice actors always sound really awkward when they have to talk about anything racist. I liked the part at the fair when Moonman performed though.
>>
Got the complete edition shit bored me half to death but I went through anyway, I stopped at the second DLC because I just said fuck it.
>>
The visuals looked pretty nice.
>>
>>332355620
I don't
>>
The DLC is really stupid because it implies that Elizabeth was present before the events of Bioshock 1 which is annoying. I really hate how infinite is trying to wedge its shit story into the original bioshock's story
>>
>>332355620

It's super linear, which I appreciate since I have no sense of direction and kept getting lost in the first two Bioshocks. Story was shit tho
>>
>>332356236
>>332360824
>which I appreciate since I have no sense of direction and kept getting lost in the first two Bioshocks
Are you that Woody?
That LPer that these TBFP e-celeb worshippers always mention?
>>
anyone notice the weird spots the voxophones were placed? like it made since in the original Bioshock because rapture was at complete anarchy. but people just leave there personal audio diaries in random places for no fucking reason.
>>
>>332361156
It never really made sense. But at least now they were spaced in such a manner where you could play one immediately and not end up walking into a cutscene so it immediately turns off or walking into combat so you can't hear the audio over shootan. I mean who the fuck wants to sit still for 30 seconds listening to an audio log so they dont trigger anything else that will disrupt their listening to it?
>>
also when you get the voxophone sometimes the Elizabeth will speak over it and you will have to replay it again because you didn't hear it.
>>
File: 1454649920918.jpg (245 KB, 807x896) Image search: [Google]
1454649920918.jpg
245 KB, 807x896
>>332363074
>the Elizabeth
>>
>>332355620
They tried too hard on the "story," didn't feel like BioShock at all. Would have been alright if it was a different IP altogether
>>
>>332355620
Had no real lasting appeal on me. I got about 8-10 hrs in and haven't picked it up since. The first bioshock is still the best out of the three.
>>
File: good.png (66 KB, 146x178) Image search: [Google]
good.png
66 KB, 146x178
>Asked to borrow the game from acquaintance
>Surprisingly get to borrow game for free
>Play through the whole thing without paying a cent
>Feels good
>>
>>332355620
are you fucking joking me

I had this exact reaction after finishing it on release and everyone jumped at me telling me I was missing the point it's GOAT yada yada

what the FUCK
>>
>>332364640
I feel you anon. I feel you
>>
File: black man with glasses.jpg (43 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
black man with glasses.jpg
43 KB, 426x640
Better than bioshock 1. Bioshock 1 was literally just watered down system shock 2. at least infinite was it's own game. Also only micks actually think bioshock 1 is well written. Try telling me what was in the bathysphere faggots. Oh wait, giant first act pothole!
>>
>>332355620
Tedious bullet sponge combat with a poorly thought out upgrade system and not enough ammo. Terrible difficulty scaling. Awful, often incoherent story line full of stupid characters making stupid decisions completely out of the players control.

Overall dramatically worse than Bioshock and Bioshock 2 (which is maligned much worse than it deserves for some reason)
>>
Murder of crows is one of my favorite power ups ever.
>>
Murder of crows is one of my favorite power ups, the rails were a nice addition and it looks beautiful.
>>
It was an enjoyable game with an enjoyable story, if you put the emphasis on the relationship between the two leads and their plight; not the timey-wimey stuff.

The narrative was pretty flawed though; its attempts to seriously talk about racism was dire and the side characters were shite. The world building was also really shit compared to past games; in Bioshock, the audio logs felt like they were creating interesting character pieces that interwove with both each other and the main story. Infinite's ones were hugely forgettable.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.