[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So many years ago today...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Daeghun.jpg (69 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
Daeghun.jpg
69 KB, 380x285
So many years ago today...
>>
no one played that game, op, but i actually have platinum edition on my steam list.
>>
Fuck off "dad" you were worthless.
>>
>>332348549
That voice actor was so bad. When I heard that line, I actually thought for a second that it was done by a text-to-speech program.
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-12-23 21-02-25-87.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-12-23 21-02-25-87.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
>>332349587
Ah, my foster son is up I see.

>>332349503
>no played NWN2
>>
>>332349587

he raised his wifes friend's kid as best as he could
>>
>>332348549
Some bad games start off okay but get bad later. NWN2 shows how bad it is right from the start with that single poorly-acted line.
>>
God damn it, why hasn't anyone made a new NWN equivalent, with the same kind of adventure-making tools?
>>
>>332348549
>"Son, you're a faggot and the only reason I didn't leave you to die in the elements is because your mom had a sweet ass."
>"Thanks Dad."
>"Stop crying and pick up your fucking sword you little bitch."
>>
>>332353161
Because it's costly and too niche to make profit.
Dragon Age 1 actually has more robust tools than NWN2 but they're too complex for average virgin and the market is too niche nowadays.
Divinity Original Sin tools are also robust and literally the same tools that the devs themselves used.
Same with Witcher 2 REDKit.
>>
>>332353995
>Witcher 2 REDKit

Well, I can understand why people might not want to use that one, unless it's powerful enough to let you make mods where players can create their own characters and classes instead of always playing as Geralt.
>>
>>332354258
But you can create your own characters.
Problem is you need to make your own animations and most people can't.
It's not like NWN where you have gorillion generic animation sets per each action/spell.
>>
>>332354434
That sounds like something CD Projekt RED should have thought of when they made the tools. If you want your game's modding community to take off, you should provide enough resources to make modding at least somewhat accessible to a layman.
>>
>>332353304
>"But I don't have martial weapon proficiency. I can't even use a sword."
>>
>>332355084
NWN was not accessible to a layman at all anon.
NWN simply came out at a time when animations weren't hard to do.
Nowadays you need much more complex animations due to more complex visuals.
Which is also why modern complex mods virtually don't exist outside of Skyrim and niche old games.
>>
>>332356220
>NWN was not accessible to a layman at all anon.

I disagree. Even I can throw together a basic town and quest, and I have pretty much no game design skills. The community-made script generator also helps a lot.
>>
>>332357267
Anon when NWN came out there was no script generator and when I tried to actually make something in it I was literally overwhelmed. So no it's not layman tier at all, fuck you arrogant piece of shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.