[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even indie games are using Denuvo now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Adr1ft.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Adr1ft.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
How do you guys feel? Life is hard for piratefags nowadays.
>>
>>332338585
>pirating dirt cheap indie games you're interested in enough to play them
You need to be 18 or older to browse 4chan. Go ask mommy for a raise of your allowance.
>>
>>332338843
I always try my games before I buy them.
If they don't have a demo then you can bet your retarded ass I'll pirate them to try it out.
>>
Couldn't this be more accurately described as denuvo being so desperate for business they'll basically give away their service to indie games for free?
>>
>>332339072
>not being able to judge a game and your own taste by the myriad of available material like tests, commented and uncommented gameplay videos and discussions

How do you manage to tie your shoes yourself?
>>
>>332338585
What game
>>
>>332339564
see filename.
>>
File: 1459019726596.jpg (48 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1459019726596.jpg
48 KB, 422x422
>>332338843
>buying videogmaes
>buying fucking indie videogames at that

Fuck off Orth
>>
>>332339431
Why would I bother with any of that if I can download it and try it in ten minutes? The only retard here is you if you need to be told everything.
>>
>>332339072
>I always try my games before I buy them.

Which is why steam refund exists.
>>
>>332339859
It's also why torrenting exists.
Tell me why the FUCK I should spend money to try a game and then refund it and wait 2 weeks to get my money back when I could torrent it for free in ten minutes and try it without any risk of money involved? And what if I don't want to use Steam or its not on Steam? You valvedrones are fucking idiots holy shit.
>>
>>332339431
It's ok to try a car, listen to a sample of an album, browse through a book, have sex before marriage, try out a cellphone etc, before you buy them but with games it must be enough to listen to opinions of people you don't even know before you buy it.
There is no community in the world more turned against itself than gamers.
>>
>>332339859
You're not allowed to use steam refund this way and you can lose your account (i.e. your thousand dollars worth of games) by doing so.
>>
>>332340034
>It's also why torrenting exists.

Not for Denuvo games ;)
>>
>>332340406
Luckily there hasn't been a game with Denuvo that was worth money.
>>
>>332340509
Not that you'd know, pirate.
>>
>>332340739
I love it.
>torrent games to see if they're worth buying
>now a piratefag
Do you work for Ubisoft or something?
>>
>>332338585
I've had a good job for a while now so I can easily afford buying the games I want, but not having piracy as an option is going to be pretty shit for games without benchmarks or demos out.

Games and graphics card drivers are so shoddy nowadays that I can hardly buy a game with the confidence that it will run well simply because my PC is powerful. Pirating used to let me check it out on my actual machine and see if it runs well and if I like it.

I guess Steam refunds are a thing, so it could be worse, but even so it's a PITA since you have to buy directly from Steam, usually for more money and there's no guarantee they will indefinitely honor your refunds if you use the feature as a demo constantly.

>>332339431
You can't judge how much you like the way it actually controls, nor can you judge how well it runs if the game isn't some majorly benchmarked AAA title, especially if you don't have a very common PC build.

For instance, I'd love to know how the latest Tomb Raider runs on my PC at 4K. Benchmarks really aren't reliable because they generally only cover tiny bits of the game and don't often address things like frame time variation and how smooth the game actually plays. So I didn't buy the game. I'll buy it when it's cheap as fuck or when I'm certain my PC is much much faster than it needs to be for sure. Plenty of games to play, I don't need this shit right now.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.