[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Hard mode: Don't mention annualized releases.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?

Hard mode: Don't mention annualized releases.
>>
>>332328528
Not enough innovation. Although I haven't played IV and newer.
>>
>>332328642
Don't believe the lies. 4 is exactly the same with some tedious ship fighting thrown in.

The worst combat and platforming in any game I've played. That's what went wrong, and it stayed wrong.
>>
>>332328528
Uninteresting locations, no development on the story since the cliffhanger ending of AC3,no modern day,boring dull characters and protagonists.
>>
Ubisoft turning it into something that wasn't supposed to exist, prompting its creator to leave.

The series turned to shit the exact moment he left.
>>
>>332328528
Formula got boring very quickly. First game already was a stretch. Movement Aaron's the city is OK, but it's not a purpose on its own. Most of the time it just feels like a drag... Because they got cool parkour mechanics so they just stuff it everywhere, all the time. It should have been a significantly smaller part of the game and ac would be gold
>>
Removing features every game that were enjoyable in previous games. Example is horse riding, which of course was never a major selling point of Brotherhood and 3, but it was still kind of nice that they had it.
>>
Ubisoft
>>
>>332328528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgvbS4GkF0
>>
>>332328528
Splintering of the fanbase with all these spinoff's and added then removed in the next game features/game mechanics, as well no real innovation going on in the series
>>
The combat, parkour, and stealth are all complete shit but they just stack more minigames on top of them instead of fixing them
>>
>>332328918

But he made AC2, which was a step in completely the wrong direction.

They took free form assassinations and put scripting and constraints where they shouldn't be.
>>
Syndicate was great. Unity was underrated.
>>
>>332328528
i thought the paris one was a step in the right direction in terms of gameplay.

it became harder, and more tactical.
also the Co-op was a nice gimmick.
>>
They took out the best thing about the game, competitive multiplayer.
>>
>>332329234
I haven't played Unity or Syndicate can you explain what was unique about Syndicate.
>>
>>332328857
>>332329269
This.
>>
>>332328528
>next one is inspired by Witcher 3
Going to be interesting to be quite honest.
>>
>>332328528
Too many cooks in the kitchen. Everyone trying to do their own thing. No cohesive vision.
>>
>>332329695
Probably not. UbiSoft are masters of bullshitting, hyping up, and then failing to live up to any measure of expectations
>>
File: 1.gif (101 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
101 KB, 425x425
>>332329028

>Criticizes AC
>Thinks Uncharted is good

Uncharted are even less games than AC, they're generic linear cover shooters with mind numbing, scripted near unfailable "platforming" sections where nate unavoidably sticks to the wall. I can't for the life of me understand why people jerk these games off. AC has some unrefined elements and some tedious mission design, but Uncharted is shit almost the entire way. They're barley games, just slickly produced pusdo games with a small coat of charm and the most underwhelming guns in the entire PS3 era that NEVER GOT ANY BETTER. If you're going to make a third person shooter, make the guns at least fun to fire Naughty Dog.

The stories are probably the weakest part of these weak games.

>Nate wants to uncover some mystery surrounding a treasure
>Bad guy wants treasure
>Nate solves the mystery and the bad guy swoops in an takes the treasure

And this happens 3 FUCKING TIMES.
>>
Because it became a stealth game that did nothing to actively reward you for being stealthy
>>
>>332330226
Stealth was pretty rewarding in Unity
>>
>>332328528
I've played through two games and I have no fuck idea of what's going on. It was a while back and maybe I'm not the most attentive player, but the whole Templar vs assassin shit with ancient artefacts and aliens or what the fuck was that could use some better explaining
>>
>>332330586
How? By 100%'ing the game?
>>
>>332328528

It stopped trying to be an assassin game after the first one, becoming historical GTA from the second onwards.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.