[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear Solid V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 20
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
People died waiting for this game,
The way it came out in the end it is probably better for them this way.
How does this make you feel /v/?

MGSV thread
>>
It was great.

Story is garbage but I should've known better since 4's and PW's story suck ass aswell. But it is easily one of the most replayable games ever made.
>>
Best MGSV threads are "ITT: we pretend it's before release". It hurts ;_;
>>
V is not a MGS.
>>
>>332327221
thats what makes it so good
>>
>>332325909
It has a lot to do with people expecting too much from it.
Gameplay is really good and I am having fun in MGO. Can't wait for the survival mode.
>>
This single trailer is better than the whole game. One of the best video game trailers of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM
>>
>>332325909
"Oh boy, I can't wait to finally see a showdown between Zero and Big Boss!"
>>
Quiet Is probably the worst fucking person In the whole MGS serie If she wasn't Erection gear,seriously who the fuck thought someone who couldn't talk would have an interesting personality to the point of making her a semi protagonist?

Even then,Quiet,fucking...QUIET!
If I couldn't talk,and people would label me as quiet,I'd be fucking pissed.
>>
>>332331135
>Quiet doesn't talk
>Venom doesn't talk
>D Dog doesn't talk
>D Horse doesn't talk
>no one fucking talks

Bravo, Hackjima, what a brilliant story.
I love when Venom and Quiet just look at each other and do nothing.
>>
Reminder that the game is practically over once you unlock a rocket launcher. Nearly every mission can be completed with a few well placed explosions, and you start with all the other tools you need. Try it.
>>
>>332328443
God the trailers were the best part. I cant believe this game flopped hard.
>>
Hopefully Kojima has the rights to FOX engine. Cause what a fucking waste.
>>
File: noooo.png (545 KB, 852x438) Image search: [Google]
noooo.png
545 KB, 852x438
Shit game or not you have to admit this part along with 'Shining lights even in death' felt a little like the game we've been promised to play
>>
>>332332070
>flopped
6 million sold units, 10's everywhere, even the outcry on Twitter didn't last a week.
Only a dozen of irrelevant autists on /v/ hate it.
>>
>>332332485
I dont hate it. It just upsets me that we didnt get the game we were supposed to get, with an unfinished ending

Im still super fucking confused at the point of two liquids in the trailer.
>>
I'm so glad this game was a disaster.
Nothing better than seeing the most pathetic fanbase in /v/ bleed out of their anus for 6 months.
Delicious.
>>
>>332332594
>Im still super fucking confused at the point of two liquids in the trailer.
That scene is literally in the fucking game.
>>
>>332331407
But Code Talker talks
Code Talker sure talks a lot
>>
>>332332609
you sound pathetic
>>
>>332332708
but why

why wasnt "Snake" grey fox?

Why were the trailers 10x better than the game

Why the fuck was the last scene only 30% complete.
>>
>>332331653
Eh, no thanks. I like my S ranks.
>>
It's baffling the fact that such a shitty franchise, built upon ripping off all kinds of movies, books and songs ever managed to be praised, so much, that a dissapointment led to half a year of asshurt.

I mean, are people implying MGS was ever good?
After all the ripped off plot points, characters that were living cliches, pointless messages and themes, a game being unfinished is what made people think Kojima is a hack?
>>
>>332332939
Okay, so you are just going full retard.
Bye.
>>
There are SO many fun things in this game gameplay wise.

Honestly when looking at the controls, mechanics, all the gear you can get, how the AI reacts to you, and all of the tiny little Metal Gear details, its probably the best gameplay wise.

This just makes it MORE painful that the story is so lackluster, there are no fun bosses, and Snake just does not talk to people. And the whole Liquid story was scrapped. It sucks because the gameplay is near perfect but the game itself feels like a 7/10 at best due to the lack of everything else.
>>
>>332332978

MGS is one of the greatest franchises in video games, so having a non 10/10 game in the series kind of sucks, especially after waiting years for it.
>>
>>332332843
I still have a long way to go to spend 6 months crying over such a garbage franchise.
>b-b-but muh talentless gook can't do no wrong ;___;
My sides.
>>
>>332332978
>I mean, are people implying MGS was ever good?
You must be retarded or you live in a cave. MGS has and still is regarded as one of the best video game franchises ever. Your personal opinion aside you cannot ignore that the games have sold well, been well received, and have a huge following both fan wise and critically.

So don't talk about the series like it was always bad. Instead just say that you dont think they were good, which is the more accurate statement.
>>
>>332333079
this pretty much
>>
>>332332174

Why would he have rights to it?
>>
>>332333079
This
>>
>>332333305
For what?
The main character is a rip off of an action movie that was borderline parody.
Every single character in the franchise is a goddamn stereotype, and Kojima is completely incapable of being subtle.

>watches Escape from LA
>literally calls a character Pliskin

>reads Moby Dick
>literally calls characters Ishmael, Ahab and Pequod

>peace is the theme of the game
>has to force the word ''peace'' into every single sentence said by any character and have one fucking character called peace

>the phantom pain and revenge
>people talking about muh phantom pain and revenge in like half of the cutscenes there are in the game
>>
>>332333593
You're not going to convince people something they like sucks. So why are you here?
>>
MGSV was pretty mediocre
easily worst MGS game
>>
>>332332948
S ranks are based on how fast you complete a mission, not how you complete it.
>>
>>332325336
As usual the first reply nails it.
>>
>>332333882
To see why people pretend Kojima hasn't been a hack ever since he got into this industry.
>>
>>332333943
Except it's better than 2, 4, and Peace Walker.
>>
>>332333943
For all it's flaws, i'm glad MGSV only affects minor plot points.
MGS4's flaw was that it was garbage, but proceeded to ruin the entire franchise in the process.
>>
>>332334082
They are not pretending. They just have a different opinion than you. You do realize you are in the minority here right? That your opinion is one that few people hold? And yet you discuss these games as if your opinion is the right one despite no one agreeing with you.

Jeez I feel like I am explaining basic human actions to an autistic child.
>>
MGSV is probably the only game I will have zero urge to replay or mess around in again.
>>
>>332334196
nah
those games didn't have a shitty open world that you play throughout the whole game
>>
>>332334317
>autistic child
Funny because you are in a thread that is basically the result of 6 months of people rolling on a puddle of their own tears.
>>
>>332334394
Nah 2 just gives you the boring ass big shell and PW gives you corridors
>>
>>332333593
The references kind of have a point. What with meme theory being a part of the larger narrative.
In mgsv there's more than moby dick, there's lord of the flies, 1984, some other stuff
>>
>>332328443
MGSV is literally a game based off of Hideo's ideas for trailers. He wrote the trailers before the he wrote the game. Its a concept of a game
>>
>>332335072
The problem is that Kojima can't implement references, there's zero subtelty about it.
>>
>>332334991
I rather have those than a empty ass field
>>
>>332335468
I'd rather have good level design instead of choosing between different flavors of horseshit.
>>
>>332335540
>empty field
>good level design
nice
>>
>>332335712
No, i'm saying that both of those are awful level design.
>>
>>332335118
Are you serious?
>>
>>332332174
It was created with Konami money and therefore is Konami property.
>>
>>332325336
I find myself wanting to replay it the least. I don't even want to touch it. It did give me strong urges to play MGS2 again though
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 460x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 460x337
>>332325057

Konami committed suicide before the game came out.

The few months leading up to release, the red tape strangling the devs suddenly got worse when Kojima was fired and the majority of the team were let go.

The skeleton crew they had left had to deal with a corporate red tape magnitudes above the original suicidal Konami before they finally made the last cut and breathed the last breath recognizable as a company.

The cut content is staggering, and the fact that they managed to even get the game out in time is amazing if you understand how fucked up it all was.

Kojima had the last laugh, and it's clear to everyone (but Konami what the fuck) that this was their last gasp. Putting all of their eggs in pachinko, something only big in that region, and something with no growth beyond the scope it already has, will kill Konami.

What happened to Konami itself, much less mgsv, was disgusting and suicidal in a way which can only be explained by the board of directors following a step by step guide to killing a company, as well as the absolute insanity that must have stricken them all in order to accomplish this mass retardation.

I'm still mad. The board of directors for a billion dollar company decided to collectively commit suicide in actions so blatant and psychotic that I'm still awoken late at night screaming at the mere thought of it. These men are the abyss and I can't stop staring, attempting to find answers and rationality where there clearly is none.

Fuck them.
>>
Is like people forget mgs2 exist, that game was the worst.

And metal gear 1 and 2 have aged like milk...
>>
>>332325336
the game ran out of content after chapter 1.
>>
File: Huey_Emmerich_MGSVTPP.png (930 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Huey_Emmerich_MGSVTPP.png
930 KB, 900x900
>Think Cipher/Zero are antagonists in the game
>Huey's the real villain
>>
>>332325336
This is the only MGS I have never replayed. I doubt I ever will.
>>
Will they ever add some sort of dlc to this game?
>>
>>332325057
Can't we just forget about the metal gear series in general? It's over, done. There will never be another real metal gear game. Konami is too stupid to do a remake of the original msx games and they will probably end up making some shitty mobile game that will be horrific and will disgust even the most casual faggot. To be fair, even with all it's flaws, i still consider mgsv to be a "real" metal gear game. It could have been better though., and i not only refer to the story.
>>
>>332338037
Didn't he get cucked by his son?
>>
>tfw delayed my suicide for this game and can't be bothered to do it now

What a shame.
>>
>>332325909
How do you think he's going to start his descent, /v/? Do you think he starts with a morally ambiguous job and eventually loses all care for morality? Or do you think he's going to get his ass saved by children and realize that they make pretty good soldiers?

God damn, fuck TPP.
>>
File: 1456135039062.jpg (1 MB, 906x1400) Image search: [Google]
1456135039062.jpg
1 MB, 906x1400
>>332340575
Yes, and he killed himself when he found out
>>
>>332336643

They had 5 years. Konami is going to be the next Kotick.
>>
File: 1366312387088.jpg (17 KB, 397x370) Image search: [Google]
1366312387088.jpg
17 KB, 397x370
>it's a "the story sucks but the gameplay is fucking amazing :^)" post

no faster way to show that you're a newfag who didn't play or understand the previous games in the series
>>
File: 1351474300078.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1351474300078.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>332325057
It's just a fucking video game

The ride is over

Move on
>>
>>332344667
>the game play is supposed to be shit!!!
>>
>>332345665
It's not supposed to be shit you fucking idiot, it just is.
>>
>>332345714
And yet you "don't understand mgs" if you argue for good game play
>>
>>332336643
I feel sincerely really cheated and upset that another silent hill or another castlevania (or shit, another mgs) will now never ever happen. What the fuck kind of shit were they on when they decided that this was a good decision? It's like if Wal-Mart decided that instead of being a huge department store, they would specialize in exclusively selling socks. Like, what the fuck.
>>
>>332345850
Haven't seen any arguing for good gameplay. I don't want to write another 1000 fucking words shitting on TPP, it's been done already.

And every thread I see, every single fucking one there's always some dude who drops by, says "eh it's kinda fun :)" and acts like he's superior because he somehow can ignore the shitty fucking level design, degrading 90% of gameplay/story additions to the point when they're worse than they were in PW, lack of any boss fights, lack of any good AI, etc.

Fuck The Phantom Pain. It's a train wreck, and Konami pulling the money plug of Kojima didn't seal the deal on it being that way.
>>
How did Ground Zeroes end up being better designed than TPP?
>>
>>332346586

Small compact set piece. You know the way the whole game should have been structured.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 720x720
>>332344450

>this post

>5 years to develop the most amazing engine possible for multi platform development and a nearly complete game with corporate red tape
>lel they're the next kotick

Hi Konami. Have fun with your greater profit margins but loss of nearly a billion over the next 5 years.
>>
>>332348957

Blaming Konami for Kojima wanting to make a retarded engine that doesn't look any better than Unreal 4. Thanks for the business advice. Their only fault is they trusted him too much. No western director would have that much leeway.
>>
>>332325336
>replayable
I will never understand this. The game gave you so many options but there were ten times as many missions, so unless you consider replayability the fact that you do the same mission 100 times, MGSV just has too many samey missions to be replayable. Because of that I got real bored with the game when I got to Africa, and by the time I finished Chapter 1 I was just done. But in Afghanistan I was having a ton of fun, which is why I think the game's biggest problem is trying to play into the whole "open world 10000000000 hours of content" meme; Kojima is much better at making linear, shorter games and it shows here.
>>
>>332336643
When will you literal children understand how businesses work? Kojima was sitting on his ass doing jack shit for years getting paid because he probably assumed that being the VP meant he was invincible. Until Konami called his bluff and fired his ass. They were likely losing money on their videogames sector considering the massive budget Kojima consumes making games, mostly blown on big name actors.
>>
>>332325057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
>>
>>332346236
Its very fun tho thanks to all the operating you can do
>>
File: images-57.jpg (15 KB, 462x318) Image search: [Google]
images-57.jpg
15 KB, 462x318
I still played it everyday, dunno what you are talking about.
>>
>>332346236
People most likely feel superior for having shit taste because not liking the game is popular here, and we all know how /v/ is with popular.
>>
>>332350510

And none of that was in the game. I never watched trailers so I raged pretty hard when I saw them for the first time.
>>
>>332325057
people die on the toilet too
get your head out of your ass
you fucking queer
>>
>>332350941
No its in game
>>
File: dude paz lmao.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dude paz lmao.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
game could have been better.
MGO3 is an even bigger letdown.
>>
>>332351063
That child soldiers scene isn't in the game. That prisoner scene isn't either, Camp Omega got cut
>>
http://www.shamchat.com/0458a6b4/
This is probably the greatest thing I will have ever created.
>>
>>332351063

Tyrone isn't tho.
>>
>>332351293
They happen during missions. The camp omega one happens in Afghanistan and its an objective to watch the child soldier one
>>
>>332351650
Camp Omega was definitely cut, and child soldiers scene doesn't play out like the one in the trailer.
Kojima said, before release, that Camp Omega was going to be in the game for people who imported their GZ save, and that it was going to be a big feature that had never been done before.

Either he Peter Molyneux'd it or we missed out on something special.
>>
>>332352439
The big feature was never said to be related to camp omega, that was a mistranslation, and they maybe toyed with the idea of going back to camp omega but its likely it was never meant to be anything big. Games go through this sort of conceptualization all the time
>>
>>332351363
>*lets you in without checking who it is*
fuck man i wasn't gonna read the whole thing but then you go about being a funny guy i have to
>>
>>332325057
Fitting end to me. I'm glad this time Kojima could finally let me play instead making me watch movies. Best stealth mechanics in the whole series.

Only downside was the cut content. Mission 51 should have been there to make it a complete story. But whatever. I'm pretty satisfied with the whole thing.
>>
>>332352738
Still pissed that the scene of the burned village in beginning of the NUCLEAR trailer got cut. Only thing similar is the burned village in Africa but nothing important happens there, except Kaz has a few lines about it when you enter
>>
>>332337783
Just like Peace Walker

actually, Peace Walker had a much worse end chapter. And no boss fights at all (unless you enjoy destroying tanks).
>>
>>332333593

Also PW was a rip off of Dr Strangelove.
>>
>>332353449
Shining lghts
>>
>tfw derived more enjoyment from repeatedly watching the E3 2013 trailer for two years than you did from playing MGSV: The Phantom Pain for two weeks

WHOA-HOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>332335176
>muh subtlety

It's a video game, not a book
>>
>>332353767
Somehow I doubt that
>>
File: 1459159608507.png (101 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459159608507.png
101 KB, 500x281
>>332350494
>"m-muh kojimbo is guilty of everything" argument
Konami wanted an in-house engine for their future franchises, phalomaster. kojima had to work on it with the equivalent budget of mgs4, and then, he had to make miracles with the scraps of the initial funds, because, guess what? KojiPro still needed to make mgs5, with all the hype the little kids like you wanted (aka: full fledged open world game, like the 99% AAA trash you eat)
tl:dr; eat cyanide
>>
>>332332978
>>332333593
It's called pastiche.
>>332353578
Learn the difference between rip-off and allusion.
>>
>>332353767

>Pride, feeds their blackened hearts.
>Skullface a ghost without a past.
>>
>>332354167

People who played since Solid asked for that shit?
>>
>>332331653
Dont you turn into a demon when you kill too many people?
>>
>>332354167
>aka: full fledged open world game, like the 99% AAA trash you eat
You couldn't be any more wrong, I hate open world and think it was the biggest thing wrong with the game. If you didn't resort to ad hominem you may have noticed you have no argument. Not my fault you have shit taste because you worship a failed movie director of a hack.
>inb4 but he makes great games!
Kojima was only in charge of games past 3, which, guess what? Were total garbage.
>>
>>332327370

>It has a lot to do with people expecting too much from it

This is bullshit, straight through. I expected nothing more than what Kojima & co. promised in the trailers: a tale of a hunted man losing himself to hate and revenge, becoming a demon. The trailers showed us getting the missing link between Naked Snake, hero, and Big Boss, the ultimate big bad of the entire MGS series.

Instead I got a soldier who can't even be called morally grey, who saves children from war and mercy-kills his beloved infected soldiers, while dicking around on an irrelevant sideplot with boring characters that do nothing. And then to cap it all off, everything you did was even more irrelevant because you weren't even the man himself.

It was a blood-boiling cauldron of disappointment made even worse by the almost flawless gameplay that just BEGS for a better story to complete the package. Every time I play it I can't help but feel what could have been. Anyone who says the game was fine and that people just had too high of expectations for it are just being contrarian to the massive outpouring of disappointment that followed it's release.
>>
>>332354167
>Kojima makes amazing trailers
>hype levels 150%
>he wastes the budget making a huge open world which nobody wanted
>they release GZ to get more funds
>Kojima spends the rest of the budget refining the credits before and after every mission
>story is barely there and is shit anyway
>FOB invasions are all the same
>Kojima cut most of Snake's lines because of Mad Max
>Ocelot is shit
>world is empty and soulless
You can't blame Konami for wanting to finally release the game while it can still turn a profit.
You can blame them for microtransactions.
>>
>>332354985
>I expected the game to live up to the fanfiction in my head.
FTFY.
>>
Well today it called me back to MB due to some big emergency and then I realised it knew it was my birthday. I thought it was a great touch.
>>
>>332355680

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>332332381
god, those parts were really fucking good
>>
I kept playing, waiting for the moment where Skullface would attack MB again, and you pilot either a rebuilt Zeke or Battle Gear in a giant mech fight against Sally, but it sadly never came
>>
File: 1458458028351.jpg (29 KB, 435x351) Image search: [Google]
1458458028351.jpg
29 KB, 435x351
>>332354181
>It's called pastiche
I bet you love Tarantino flicks as well,pal.
>>
File: controller.webm (414 KB, 310x464) Image search: [Google]
controller.webm
414 KB, 310x464
Kojima got too distracted by Joost. And they spent too much time/money on her character
>>
>>332358536

He better have been hitting that or he is the biggest cuck imaginable.
>>
I don't know, trailers and the music is worth it enough for me. Plus actual story is not that bad, I like Venom, and I think hes a pretty tragic character.
>>
>>332355921
If you paid attention to the previous games, you would the series pretty much ended properly with MGS4. MGSV was a continuation, which itself was a filler episode that added nothing to the lore other than to milk out a couple more games in the timeline gap between MGS3 and the MSX2 games.
>>
>>332358910
Kek
>>
>>332332747
COPULATION
>>
>>332358536

I can't stand "official" Stephanie, the one you see in the Tokyo Game Show and other events. But holy fuck live webcam Stephanie is fucking adorable. She has this charm, that ditzy girl gamer charm that I find so endearing. Just a normal girl. Not some fake model, not some whore, just a girl. Shame you can tell she inspires to become exactly that, but whatever.
>>
Glad I wasn't hyped for it. Got it for 30 bucks at release and put like 20 20or 30 hours in. Didn't beat it because it got so damn repetetive early on but I got my money's worth.
>>
>>332325909
I can't wait for that fight to the death with Skull Face!
> yfw Skull Face CQC's you
> yfw Skull Face uses reflex mode on you
> yfw Skull Face tags you
TOO FUCKING HYPED!

A speech and then he gets crushed to death? Fucking bullshit.
>>
You can tell who are the secondary HD collection faggots by them talking shit about MGS2
>>
File: 3.jpg (18 KB, 450x308) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
18 KB, 450x308
>>332361193
>>
>>332361689
major, im burning up!
WHOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>332354167
>Konami is the boogeyman. $80 million and 5 years of development time wasn't enough for Kojima to finish his game

Same budget as Witcher 3. Maybe Hackjima shouldn't have blew his budget on licensed music before finishing the game.
>>
>>332362224
its kojima, what the fuck did they expect?
>>
File: 1458173440578.png (15 KB, 937x123) Image search: [Google]
1458173440578.png
15 KB, 937x123
>>332361840
You can tell who the retards are by them pretending MGS2 was some masterpiece.
>>
>>332362362
Its certainly is one of the better games out there. And the best metal gear game.
>>
File: 1457741713011.jpg (3 MB, 6016x4016) Image search: [Google]
1457741713011.jpg
3 MB, 6016x4016
Trailer fags annoy the fuck out of me. It was a great game. Gameplay wise bar none the best mgs
>it gets so repetitive
An issue no metal gear avoids in speed running their overall 3-5 hours of gameplay. This also addresses the content to cutscene ratio issue in that V has far more scope and scale to complete the objective than any previous game.
> But the story
If you came expecting
> METAL GEAR SOLID 5: BIG BOSS' S REVENGE: HE GOES ANAKIN ON CHILDREN PART 3 - NUCLEARRR EDITION (BAWWWW NO HAYTER)
I guarantee not only were you disappointed but you also suffer from sever adhd and autism.
what it really is
> A side story to MGS that was most likely intended to soft reboot the whole damn franchise

Which leads to mgsv only major downfall, it couldn't finish or setup what it wanted. No episode 51, a rushed chapter 2, and I strongly get the feeling like most the game was meant to take you beyond Africa and Afghanistan.

It literally could have been perfect with a solid expansion pack to add more detailed missions a la GZ, or delivered in episodic format (which you niggers bitch about) and finish the story.
Whatever. I've been over it. Still love the game and not huddling in a rape corner because my head canon off a fucking trailer didn't pan out.
>>
File: posture.webm (419 KB, 322x592) Image search: [Google]
posture.webm
419 KB, 322x592
>>332361193
yea, she looks much better in webcam or not modeling
>>
I was disappointed and felt cheated by mgsV

That being said, I'm enjoying mgo

I didn't play the older mgo games, so I'm probably missing something.

But bounty hunter is one of the best executions of team death match I've seen. It works really well and it's fun.

The domination mode sucks

Cloak and Dagger and sabotage are pretty good too. Plus, unlike the base game, theres still updates being made to mgo. It's still got loads of problems (6v1 matches anybody?) But mgo gives me the excellent gameplay of metal gear, let's me sneak behind real people instead of AI, and gives me a shit ton of cosmetic customization options. Maybe that makes me a shallow scrub, but I like dressing up my avatars
>>
>played MGS1
>It was long and boring in some parts. Generally fun story but it was retarded.
>Played MGS2
>Fun for a bit but quickly becomes boring. Story is just retarded this time
>Play MGSV
>Pretty fun but the story is still retarded.

I dont see the problem. Its literally no different.
>>
File: 1457928459463.jpg (39 KB, 272x494) Image search: [Google]
1457928459463.jpg
39 KB, 272x494
>>332362524
>MGS2
>best metal gear game
>>
>>332363080
I bet you think it's 3.
>>
>>332362812
bb is a dick
im gay for venom.
>>
>>332363343
The only people who like MGS2 are obnoxious weenie faggots who praise it for its "deep" story that's actually very simplistic on top of being unfinished and having forced themes.

The best is MGS1. It's more grounded, pacing is better, voice acting is better, twists are better, there's a well-constructed overall theme, it works as a self-contained story, and it asks relevant questions and gives answers without being preachy.
>>
>>332363765
I love MGS2 for the fast gameplay and slick visual/audio design. The VR missions are loads and loads of fun and offer a wide variety of gameplay options.
And I also love the story and characters.

Is it okay if I love MGS2 over all the others?
>>
>>332363765
I like how you didn't mention gameplay at all.
>>
>>332363765
But MGS2 has hands down the best gameplay flow and AI
>>
Sutherland > post MGS 1 Hayter
>>
>>332364236
Never liked hater really.
>>
>>332325057
Would've been the best game ever if it stayed in the oven for a year to flesh out the 2nd chapter so the story wasn't so shit and flesh out Mother Base and the Open World. I want to actually do the things with the soldiers that Paz talked about in her tapes and I want to fight with the Guerillas and the Diamond Dogs in the open world by capturing the outposts with them and using them as bases. There could be much more that could make the Open World and MB fantastic, instead they're bland and empty feeling.
They also should have made the game more like Ground Zeroes in regards to side mission quality, having a hard difficulty, having a solid story mission instead story missions that felt like side missions, not starting with such a huge loadout that makes the difficulty trivial, and a few other little things.
Also should have fleshed out the characters, especially Quiet, and made the Venom twist more impactful so it was more than just retconing Big Boss not being killed by Solid at Outer Heaven, or they should have cut the twist completely because it was just weak and felt unnecessary. Knowing I wasn't Big Boss at the beginning just left a bad taste in my mouth. There are a lot of other little issues like Kiefer's lines not being used.

Even with a lot of flaws the game is pretty great and is a fun time, but it hurts knowing that it was almost one of the greatest games ever made. I can't help but wonder how it would have turned out without the Konami thing. I hope Kojima's next project is just as fun and has a better story. I'm optimistic since he was probably tired of writing about MGS and has Sony backing him.
>>
>>332362812
>1 boss fight
>Lack of indoor complexes and buildings
>Dead open world, nothing but the same trucks that spawn in the same spots every time you land
>Grindan resources + 100 hours of the same fucking shit.
>Harder missions passed off as new missions
>Final game in the series, revolves around a bunch of new shitters instead of tying loose ends; plot involving new chars isn't even well-made or resolved properly
>>
>>332364058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTq-i6tDqxk

Yeah, genius AI.

And the big shell was a snooze fest.
>>
File: 1439486104971.jpg (30 KB, 220x290) Image search: [Google]
1439486104971.jpg
30 KB, 220x290
>>332363765
>forced themes
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.