[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuckin' read dead redemption man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1594480-609516_20101026_004.jpg (311 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1594480-609516_20101026_004.jpg
311 KB, 1280x720
Playing this game almost 6 years after its release and it still feels great. To me the open world feels beyond a lot of what we have out today. Also the animations on the wildlife and animals still blow me away. Anyone else wish more open world games took from this? Or at least that they'd release a sequel already? Or maybe a fucking pc port so I can mod in all the cool shit from the dlc in the base game?
>>
Funny how much better the physics and shooting is over GTAV
>>
>>332317838
The ragdoll effects in this game are amazing. When you shoot something you actually have the feeling you are killing something. Really satisfying.
n-no I'm not a psychopath..
>>
I never understood why this game gets dicksucked so much.

It was a old west GTA for better and for worse. Pretty good story I guess but it suffers from the good ol' Rockstar mission formula of "GRRR I DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO HELP YOU BUT I NEED TO BECAUSE OF HOW THIS GAME IS STRUCTURED"
>>
>>332318258
Yeah I agree with the whole mission thing... wish that was a bit different.

I think I like it so much despite that though because it's really one of the only good western games I've ever played and I grew up loving everything from the dollars trilogy to that shitty jonah hex movie. Well that and the world/scenery really pull me in for some reason.
>>
>>332317523
Bretty gud world and stuff. Can't really stand R* brand of mission structure though.
>>
>>332318041
Fuckin this, the way they react is so natural
>>
>>332318041
>tfw shot some guy in the chest while he was running at me
>he clutches his chest, stumbles forward
>hits a telephone pole head on
>slides down the pole face first
>ends up on his knees, slowly falls over and bleeds to death

I had so many murder boners with RDR, goddamn
>>
>ride horse 20 minutes to reach mission
>skip-worthy cutscene is skipped
>ride horse 20 minutes to mission destination
>repetitive, unremarkable shootout ensues
>skip another cutscene
>ride horse 20 minutes back to where mission began
>skip yet another cutscene
>repeat 600 times
Great game.
>>
>>332319591
>i didn't get attached to the setting, characters or story
>I didn't like the weighty guns and excellent ragdoll effects upon death
>why don't I like this game :(
???
>>
>>332317838
You could say that of GTAIV as well, both games have way better physics and shooting than GTAV
>>
>>332319591
>Skipable cutscenes in RDR

What?
>>
>>332319340
>rob a bank and the law comes for me
>have a shootout on the roof of the bank
>they keep coming as fast as I shoot them down, quickly running out of ammo
>finally they stop coming, only one guy left
>decide to have some fun with him
>kill his horse so he flies off and rolls around
>he tries to grab his rifle, I shoot it out of his hands
>going for his gun, I shoot him in the knees
>he just sits on his knees now, trying to shoot me
>I jump around like a maniac avoiding his shots until he bleeds out
Damn that game was fun sometimes
>>
>>332320613
>large two story bank
>rob a bank first time
>no idea how npcs will react
>go for it
>law shows up
>gotta be ten of them running up the stairs
>all fucking hell breaks lose, bullets flying everywhere, windows shattering, people screaming
>in full panic mode i get a few of em
>hit one in the side, falls the right, smacking a desk with his head on the way down. Broken neck and bleeding
>hit another in the chest, stumbles backwards, falls over railing and rolls down stairs
>next one a gutshot, stumbles forward headfirst through a window, bye
>they got me, fire off some shots as i slowly fall backwards crashing through a window and to my death
Love that game
>>
Its a modern gaming classic people still play
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.