[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BF5 DLC plans leak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13
File: 9GjlosW[1].jpg (1003 KB, 3110x4666) Image search: [Google]
9GjlosW[1].jpg
1003 KB, 3110x4666
BF5 DLC plans leak
>>
File: zfKwyCL[1].jpg (951 KB, 4147x2765) Image search: [Google]
zfKwyCL[1].jpg
951 KB, 4147x2765
>>332316559
Looks like 2145 is confirmed
>>
File: CJhueLr[1].jpg (1008 KB, 4666x3110) Image search: [Google]
CJhueLr[1].jpg
1008 KB, 4666x3110
>>332316710
>>
nothing new
>>
>>332316559
>official paper
>lol
I just don't want to live on this planet anymore
>>
>>332316559
Why don't they include all the content in the game at once?
>>
>>332317921
$$$$$
>>
>>332316559
how's the NEET life treating you, OP?

have a little too much time on your hands?

unforthunately, that other guy made an entire fucking physical prototype of a fake nintendo NX, so you need to step up your game

use a less shitty printer, for one thing, and put a bit more effort in your designs

this is amateur hour
>>
Cool, another Battlefield game with lock-on shit spam. Awesome.
>>
>>332318538
Not mine, it's from another site dipshit
>>
Can't wait to snag Premium Edition on sale for 20 dollars in 2017 once Dice is done unbreaking the game.
>>
File: Peter Griffin gets jaundiced.jpg (27 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
Peter Griffin gets jaundiced.jpg
27 KB, 259x383
>>332316559
>question marks are written like the number 2 with a little dot underneath

This triggered me for some reason
>>
>>332316559
>Future War: It's Russians Again

Come on people, can't we shoot something more interesting than Russia/China all the time? This is the same as the last two, again.
>>
>>332319335
why not throw in some ayy lmaos for a change
>>
>>332319423
at this point i'd welcome the generic middle eastern insurgents with open arms
>>
>>332319423
Or robots or something. Shit, going back to WW2 would be way more preferable at this point, at least we'd avoid a third game of the same thing in a row.

Infact it already has been hasn't it, I forgot Bad Company was a thing.

Jesus christ Dice.
>>
>>332319423
>>332319335
or a battlefield set in the 1980s in alternative timeline where nazis won the war
>>
<---LOL
>>
File: Kill Me.png (494 KB, 849x479) Image search: [Google]
Kill Me.png
494 KB, 849x479
>>332316559
Wait, when did BF5 release?

They are already planning fucking DLC and the game isn't even out yet?

This is fake right?
>>
>>332319598
>robots
did you mean Titanfall?

you remember Titanfall, right?
>>
File: 1424067663600.png (154 KB, 328x648) Image search: [Google]
1424067663600.png
154 KB, 328x648
>>332319774
>is a AAA multi million publisher planning ahead?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT NO WAY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErmBhFrReUo
>>
Whats with the sudden 'near future' craze?

All i hear from nomie dudebros is that they just want shit to be modern military again.
>>
>>332320182
>futuristic scifi Call of Duty
>futuristic scifi Destiny
>futuristic scifi Titanfall
>futuristic scifi Halo
>futuristic scifi Wolfenstein
>futuristic scifi Overwatch
>futuristic scifi Evolve

now
>futuristic scifi Battlefield

fuck this
there will be no any non-futuristic scifi AAA shooter to play
>>
>>332320741
>now
>what is 2142
>>
At least its not WWI

I prefer the near future - global war kind of setting they have going in BF4 but its ruined by several things
>no community maps/map editor
>no mod tools
>Premium garbage
>too many unlocks and accessories that rely on random chance of being unlocked rather than skill based progression
>too many fucking weapons and useless camo
>too much focus on fast paced gameplay
>DLC splits the playerbase
>no ingame menu and server browser, Battlelog is shit
>uninspired, dull maps (community map tools would fix this)
>infinite sprint
>3D spotting
>infinite vehicle ammo makes jets and helis exceptionally unbalanced and unfair, promotes ADD gameplay
>maps too small, not enough variety

Hopefully BF5 will adress these issues, most importantly the mod/map tools.

Imagine if DICE, FINALLY after a decade or something, released Frostbite map editor to the community, imagine dedicated servers with 100+ playercounts, on creative new maps and gamemodes, imagine the total conversions. Imagine BF5 bringing over every improvement from BF4 and then some, and becoming a kind of mainstay game, kept alive by DLC and patches and most importantly, new maps and gamemodes, and TC's and mods from the community.

I really hope DICE does this, instead of treating BF5 like another BF4 and BF3 - release base game then 5 DLC's and a few major patches and never touch it again, letting the community slowly die.
>>
>>332320182
I want actual futuristic like DOOM, Quake, or Unreal.

Not modern military shooters disguised as sci-fi games.
>>
>>332320978
Go fuck yourself, I'm so fucking sick of "modern, near-future" shooters. WWI would have been such a nice change of pace, and if they did it right, giving melee and weaponry combat a good 50/50 balance, it'd be a great game imo.

Fuck, I'd gladly play a WW2 Battlefield 5. I'm so fucking tired of this futuristic shit. You can barely tell the difference between Black Ops 2 through Advanced Warfare in terms of style and art. Fucking goddammit.
>>
File: wake me up.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332320741
>Meanwhile everyone ignores Rainbow Six Siege
>>
>>332321521
It was eclipsed by The Division, honestly. Plus, after Hardline came out, no one realyl gave a shit about the cops v robbers / swat v terrorist idea anymore. So many faggots and children gobble up the sci-fi futuristic garbage.
>>
>>332319774
Meh, they're just names. BF4 was fucking worth the 100$ price tag at release anyway. Though not at exactly at release, not until a year later when it got fixed but by then you could get everything for 60$. Game was always being worked on, free updates and the works. BF4 is proof that the system could work.
>>
I doubt they'd have everything this down this early, I still have a box for BF4 that claims there was a "Drone Strike" expansion, and that was like a month before the game came out
>>
>>332320741

>Still no Call Of Duty: Time Cops
>Futuristic motherfuckers find a time machine
>GOTTA GO BACK IN TIME
>Riding Dinosaurs chasing after a time traveling terrorist
>GOTTA GO BACK TO THE FUTURE
>Flying cars and space ships and shit
>Fighting through an alien invasion in the year 2599
>Getting in to fights with Cavemen
>Blowing up the Pyramids
>Finding Atlantis
>End up sinking Atlantis

The series could be wacky as fuck if they stopped taking it so damn seriously.
>>
File: independence-day-bigshot.jpg (119 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
independence-day-bigshot.jpg
119 KB, 1024x768
>>332316559
>independence day
>change the name

Why? Is that because of pic related since they are both sci-fi?
>>
>>332321426
I'm not, I fucking love the WWIII shit DICE has going on with BF4.

Now it seems like they are bringing it over to the Pacific if the DLC leak is to be believed, which means US Marines storming those artificial Chinese island bases, thats going to make for fun amphibious gameplay.

I'm not done with the near future shit, especially if DICE releases map/mod tools, which means the community would for the first time in years be able to make their own maps, the explosion of creative and new innovative maps would be perfect for the near-future WW3 setting of BF4 and BF5.

Hell if we do get map/mod tools it doesn't matter what the base game is, modders will make TC's of all eras, because it would be the first time since Battlefield 2 they would be able to again. Imagine WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Red Alert 2, Star Wars etc total conversions, not to mention new factions like Bundeswehr, IS, British Army, JMSDF etc that can be played on all maps so each single map could have dozens of different factions to choose from.

Though if DICE manages to disappoint and BF5 is just another BF4 clone with some new additions but no Frostbite map editor, no mod tools nothing beyond their DLC and Premium shit then I would be done with the Battlefield franchise and not give a fuck where BF6 takes place, or when, wouldnt even play it.
>>
File: 140810285122.webm (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
140810285122.webm
3 MB, 512x288
>>332322292
Treyarch don't take themselves seriously at least.
>>
>>332322323
I guess, can't knock you for what you like. But fuck me am I so goddamn sick and tired of it. Almost every single AAA shooter that's released post 2012 has been "futuristic" or something of the like. It's just so goddamn boring. BF3 was the only one that did it right for me. BF4 was great, but I don't play anymore. CoD is just utter shit through and through. I just want a WW2 or WW1 AAA again. Just one.
>>
>>332322323
I really can't see DICE / EA releasing community tools but I guess time will tell.

People talking about how great WW1 would have been are retarded.
>>
>>332322996
Fuck Treyarch. Literally, just before BO3 was announced, there was that big petition showing that the community wanted a WaW 2 or WW2 game. So many people wanted that shit. So they tweet something like "We know just how important the community is to us, and we've listened to you all. We know what you want. HERE'S BLACK OPS 3!!!!!'

Fuck you, David Vonderhaar, you fucking cumstain.
>>
>>332323176
Fucking as if. Why wouldn't WW1 be? Just at the berth of weapon rifling, mustard gas, artillery, melee/cqc was a must, and horses were still a very important part of battle then.

At least to me it'd be fun.
>>
>>332323446
You're a fucking moron if you believed they were gonna scrap an entire game they've been working on to cater to you autist.
>>
>>332323176
Community has been begging DICE for map tools since BF3, maybe since BFBC2 even, I'm considering BF5 as the last chance, afterwards they probably will never release them if its already been so long.

Such a shame, of all the games crying out for map and mod tools, Battlefield is one of the most important, the perfect one for them, and we get nothing.

Sometimes I think about all the mods and maps and gamemodes and TC's that could have been for BF3 or BF4 and it physically hurts, all that potential and creativity denied and lost, its a crime against videogames.
>>
>>332323681
Where in the fuck did I say they were supposed to scrap an entire game? You're projecting son. Learn to fucking read. I said it was bullshit that they played the tune of "hehe guys we know what you want, we swear!! We totally know what our audience wants!!"
>>
>>332316559
where are the dinosaurs dice you pieces of shit i've been waiting half a decade
>>
>>332323446
>there not going to go back to WWII
moving forawrd in the future is the only progress/advancement the series has for itself going back to a previous time period would be seen as not being innovative

plus i wouldnt be suprised if some of the most famous WWII weapons would still need to be paid licensing fees in order to be used.

which i think is why all of a sudden everything is future shit with chinese knock off rifles and other guns but with future shit to make them look similar enough to know this is just a future ak47 but different enough to avoid having to pay licensing fees
>>
>>332323850
Boo fucking hoo. Cry some more faggot. Just because they might of said they were listening doesn't mean that they would actually do anything about it. You dumb faggots always get your hopes up for "but they listen!". Lmao.
>>
>>332324470
Nah, I understand completely why they don't, especially considering that in the late 90's/early 2000's, a large margin of FPS's that came out were WW2-era games. It's a shame, I'd love to see a large-scale environment on FrostBite 3, especially after seeing the graphical fidelity with Battlefront (thank fuck I never bought it though), it's just something that makes me actually want to buy and play a game, a feeling I haven't had since World at War, honestly.

Oh well.
>>
>TOO MANY NUMBERS?
>>
>>332324627
>I get totally dismantled, so instead now I have to insult the community who already felt insulted by the developers not giving a shit about what their players want.

They weren't listening in the first place you fucking retard. And what do you mean "you dumb faggots"? People who want to play video games?

Odd we would come to a board like this to discuss games we'd like to play.
>>
>>332323638
They would never do something like WW1. WW1 is far too slow paced for a battlefield game.

>tanks move at 4mph
>everyone has bolt action rifles
>trench warfare
>no man's land
>machine guns ridiculously OP

Contrast that with all the shit that happens in your typical Battlefield 4 match within just 2 minutes. WW1 doesn't have enough action. Just can't see how they would do it justice.
>>
>>332325132
Not him, but are you're a fucking idiot. How can you not comprehend how much of loser you are?
>>
I hate near future shit because it's just more of the same, just more boring and uninspired
instead of the AK-47 we get 4K-74X
instead of M4A1 we get N4A14-RAPID FIRE EXTREME
just let us use iconic weapons, fuck. It's like we're using cheap knockoffs from some chinese factory. I also hate that double jump/boost pack garbage.

I was hoping so much for literally any other time period but near future, thanks DICE.
>>
>>332325315
Please, feel free to explain to me how much of a loser I am for wanting something outside of the status quo for the past 5 years.

Go ahead.
>>
>>332319598
>. Shit, going back to WW2 would be way more preferable at this point

Oh there is that retarddit opinion I see so much on the internet, it strikes on the same class of stupid as the imbeciles who wanted FO4 to be set on fucking Boston.

People like you should be suffocated.
>>
>>332321521
Maybe if they released a tactical single player version with planning out covert strikes and shit like the old one more people like me would fucking buy it jesus christ fuck ubisoft and their stupid microtransaction riddled shooters borrowing god damn names from games that i used to love but now hate and fuck you for trying to make me feel guilty for not buying it anymore and im sure you'll try to blame us when they finally retire the rainbow six name but i say good riddance let the mother fucker die with some dignity and fuck you asshole dont ever make me type some dumb shit like this again
>>
>>332316559
Why the fuck is everyone ignoring the fact they are literally talkin about mech warfare in one of the DLC's?
>>
>Dice
>Sweden
>Paper is in English

Sure buddy, sure.
>>
File: Generic-FPS.jpg (51 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
Generic-FPS.jpg
51 KB, 600x439
>>332321426
>. You can barely tell the difference between Black Ops 2 through Advanced Warfare in terms of style and art.
right because modern and ww2 shooters are known for having variety
>>
>>332325274
Sub-machine guns existed, as did artillery and chemical warfare. If anything, they could just release a Battle Royale-esque playlist where the battlefield is encircled by mustard gas, slowly reducing the playing field until the objective or deathmatch is finished.

Would definitely be do-able if EA would allow modding to that degree.
>>
>>332323446
nigga fuck you that ww2 shit is just as bad modern war because it never fucking changes
>>
>>332325740
>everything should be dubby wubby robots and generic weapons with no basis in reality
>everyone who disagrees with this is a retard who deserves to die.

lol
>>
>>332325858
You know that a lot of work done by companies in places like Scandinavia and the Netherlands is done in English right?
>>
>>332316710
thank god all these faggots that want a tacticool shooter need to fuck off the only good shooter is a sci fi shooter
>>
File: sffs.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
sffs.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>332316559
oh wow they're going to release another game in a series that makes money wowee big deal huge news what a massive announcement totally unexpected never saw that one coming I am surprised this is a shock whoa I can't believe it this is the biggest news ever oh dear this changes everything that's totally amazing

bleh

stupid tryhard viral marketing
>>
>>332325912
I didn't say anything about that. I said based on art style, WW2 combat is obviously going to be vastly different than the past 5 years of post-modern shooters. WaW had more variety in terms of maps and, to a degree, guns than BO3 or Ghosts had. AW had the exosuits, which was just Titanfall but better to some point.
>>
>>332326108
As if the post-modern bullshit is any different. We've yet to get a dedicated mech shooter or anything like that, it's just a re-skin after re-skin with fake ass chinese ripoffs with motion blur and lense flare.
>>
>>332326663
they at least change the movement system with every new game
>>
>>332326791
But is that really worth $60 new every year?
>>
BF4 actually ended up pretty good near the end and it's the only series still doing the taticool real weapons shit after CoD went full fantasy. Might be worth picking up at the end of 2017.
>>
>>332319968

The gameplay of Titanfall was actually good. It just didn't have enough content to keep the interest of treadmill whores that need a million unlockables.

I wish I was kidding but two of my friends flat-out said that they prefer games like Battlefield and Call of Duty for all the guns that you can unlock, they even admitted that they don't care if only a small handful of guns are viable, they enjoy amassing a collection of guns and attachments.
>>
>>332322293
Possible legal stuff
>>
>>332323446
Oh boo hoo, blame Big Dave
>>
>>332327342
Or because its fake as shit. DICE doesn't plan that far ahead
>>
you'd have to be a fool to not see a titan mode coming considering the last bf4 dlc had a prototype titan in a hangar
>>
File: wew lad.png (6 KB, 273x312) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
6 KB, 273x312
>>332316559
>writing LOL on an official design document
wew lad
>>
File: 1431458838176.gif (3 MB, 200x202) Image search: [Google]
1431458838176.gif
3 MB, 200x202
>>332321745
>BF4 was fucking worth the 100$ price tag at release anyway.
>>
>>332328497
poorfag detected
>>
>>332317061
>god dammit. why can't video game people be super serious fucking robots that don't like to have fun with what they do, and treat everything like they're trying to cure cancer.
fuck off you fucking square
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.