[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rainbow Six Siege
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 27
File: rainbowsixsiege1.jpg (361 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
rainbowsixsiege1.jpg
361 KB, 2048x1152
Why isn't Rainbox Six Siege a more popular game?

R6Siege is the best multiplayer shooter I've played in many years. I'm absolutely addicted to it. It's objectively a great game.

I don't think everyone and their brother should be playing it, but it seems to me like it could be a lot more popular than it is.

>Ubisoft stigma
Siege definitely doesn't apply to the trend of disappointing Ubisoft titles, meanwhile the Division is breaking Ubi sales records.

>Netcode
The game is still very playable however this probably hurts the competitive scene a little since it can be slightly abused, but casuals don't know/care as much about this.

>Lack of a real Campaign
How many sales would honestly be lost over this? Battlefield didn't seem to suffer over that.

Don't get me wrong, Siege isn't dead by any means and it'll likely be alive for the foreseeable future, but I don't think it's as big as it could be.
>>
File: 37460a4fe713af54ff8ec2dc00b499e9.jpg (412 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
37460a4fe713af54ff8ec2dc00b499e9.jpg
412 KB, 1440x2560
Bump
>>
File: 1458334169859.gif (106 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1458334169859.gif
106 KB, 1024x576
>>332306729
It's not popular because it's something different. Most people don't like spending 50+ on a new title they know nothing about,
especially the majority of FPS audience. There is a reason why FPS genre is one of the most stagnerat genre. People like to play something they are comfortable with, games like CS,CoD or BF.
>>
Incoming opinion from someone that isn't a huge FPS guy.

I think it's mostly due to the fact that it's not "DUDE HEADSHOT LMAO" game.

You can't just run and gun like a faggit and you need to communicate with your team or you're as good a dead.
>>
>>332308090
>>I think it's mostly due to the fact that it's not "DUDE HEADSHOT LMAO" game.

Have you even played the game? Headshots are one-hit-kill, barring horrible netcode.
>>
I'm actually surprised it's not more popular with the esports scene. Seems like a much deeper game than CS
>>
>>332308172
He means that it's not like an arcade-y shooter like CoD with dude bros in it.
>>
wish they added more content
>>
>>332308090
Funny thing tho, it is a DUDE HEADSHOT game since every gun is instakill if it's a headshot.

But yeah there is more patience required since there's no respawning, but that doesn't hurt CS at all.

I don't get it. Maybe it doesn't have brand recognition with its customer base anymore or they didn't advertise it enough.
>>
Woah playing it atm desu
>>
File: 1458315520751.jpg (46 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1458315520751.jpg
46 KB, 700x394
>>332306729
The botched up launch, lack of content for the price and not being as a casual as something like The Division which also suffered from those issues but being piss easy to play and heavily marketed helps put people off of it even though they've fixed some of the problems and are slowly fixing the content issue

As long as they keep up with the updates and put the game on sale often I could see the game maintaining a big enough community for a few years
>>
>>332308226
The netcode is really bad for competition gaming.

1000ms hit registry due to lag counts still. An ENTIRE SECOND. Ridiculous.

You can run around a corner, be halfway down a hallway and fall dead because the asshole with the shit connection landed the hits on his screen.

Granted in my experience (PS4) this has been very rare and nowhere near to the extent of 1000ms lag and almost everyone has been below 100 ping.

But it's still there. This minute lag can be abused by skilled players by peeking in and out of cover repeatedly while they shoot and let the slight lag work in their favor, this is called Peeker's Advantage.
>>
its not popular because its fun

people want their dudebro shooter with dlc doritos
>>
>no LAN
>no server browser
>no player hosted servers
>no meaningful single player content
>uplay
No thank you. The game looks fun but I'm not interested in all the bullshit they force you to deal with if you want to play it.
>>
File: 15509182581212.png (775 KB, 830x710) Image search: [Google]
15509182581212.png
775 KB, 830x710
TIME FOR SOME SERIOUS PROTECTION
>>
FOCKIN LASER SIGHTS?

So how OP will the upcoming operators be compared to frost?
>>
The Article 5 cinematic is good

https://youtu.be/4euKsdn8Itg
>>
Too expensive
It's not CS
Alternatively it's not different enough compared to CS
>>
>>332310542
>Alternatively it's not different enough compared to CS

It's so fucking different. What are you on about m8
>>
>>332306729
Issues 2 and 3 further support issue 1. It's to be expected.
>>
>>332310192
I love her voice acting

Idris Elba did a good job promoting the game too
http://youtu.be/554XiLSZZeA
>>
>>332306729
>Why isn't Rainbox Six Siege a more popular game?
Because it's not what i want from a Rainbow Six game.
>>
Too slow paced.

Many people were turned off by the poor matchmaking in the beta and the op shields.
>>
>>332306729
it's literally too hard for modern fps kiddies

I'm somewhat glad the game has a smaller player base than CSGO, keeps the community better

also 120 tick W H E N
>>
>>332309784
This. I didn't pick it up cause no split screen.
>>
>>332309784
Excellent points against it, I definitely understand where those can be breaking points for some people but I don't think that would apply to majority considering that's (sadly) become the standard for FPS at large.

I play on PS4 so I'm fine with matchmaking and the custom game servers, but that's me.

Also, the lack of a significant single player mode isn't that bad when you consider Siege was built to be a multiplayer shooter with the squad being other players. It would've ended up going over as well as modern battlefield campaigns and I'm sorta glad they didn't set aside a large chunk og their budget for building one and instead focused on what would be the strength of the title and making multiplayer shine. It's obvious the vast bulk of Ubisoft's Tom Clancy budget went to the Division.
>>
File: bonn.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
bonn.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>>332306729
The netcode issues are why I don't play it.
>>
File: 149871972512.jpg (306 KB, 1917x937) Image search: [Google]
149871972512.jpg
306 KB, 1917x937
>>332309784
>I don't know what I'm talking about
>>
>>332311050
Holy shit I never noticed all the operators in that ad before.
>>
>>332310784
different ≠ different enough

Siege is like a cross between close quarter battlefield and counter strike.
>>
File: 1453693854637.jpg (148 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
1453693854637.jpg
148 KB, 676x673
Most of the people I've talked to avoid it for 1 of 2 reasons.

Either their completely against uplay or they think it's too expensive. Some people have gotten it off g2a but unfortunately there's no avoiding uplay

I honestly think it's one of the best shooters I've played it years
>>
>>332310152
Share some info on the new OPs, I've heard rumors but I don't know whats true and what isn't.

Jap special forces? Camera based gadget?
>>
>>332311671
why people hate uplay so much in the first place I never understood

its not like its origin
>>
Costs too much for what it is.

They should have included some kind of functional TDM mode in to bait casuals on top of a reduced price.

Also no one wants to spend momey on a game Ubisoft could ruin by flooding it with their usual DLC microtransaction bullshit at any moment.
>>
To be honest you don't need any sort of communication in this game to win its easy as fuck and it's only 4v4 which is boring in its own right I bought the game for 40dollars and still hardly play it
>>
>>332311713
It's going to be more Americans first, then brasil huehues and the japs are last.
>>
>>332311713
A sniper class with shield at the side of it and a guy who throws cameras
>>
>>332311671
Kek
>>
>>332306729
Because casuals don't know what Rainbow Six is, and almost non-existant marketing.
>>
>>332311992
>4v4
>>
I've had some of the most fun with a shooter in years playing it, probably some of my best kills aswell in any fps game.

I love the pacing of it and when you get a good team it's a fantastic feeling moving in hard and fast as a unit. Even when it gets down to 1v5 with the right amount of finess you can bring it back.
>>
>>332312125
That's how much I was interested in it.
>>
>>332311671
It kinda sucks that Ubisoft has fucked up to the point where everyone hates Uplay because they do occasionally release good games.
I'm not going to defend the majority of their catalog though
>>
>>332311460
Is this beast of no nation? been meaning to watch it for some time now.
>>
Did they fix the hit detection yet? being killed by someone shooting 5 feet next to me was just too much bullshit.
>>
>>332311460
Yeah, there's some bullshit every now and then but what I think sets Siege's netcode apart is that it's capable of being absolutely terrible.

In actuality I haven't experienced much, if any, more than I had when player most other competitive shooters. It's far from being unplayable in it's current state.

Just imagine if everything in life lived up to its true capablity, we wouldn't be funposting our lives away on a Taiwanese fingerpainting forum.
>>
>Defending is boring
>Attacking feels like a peekaboo lottery of who gets the headshot first

Just give us a Team Deathmatch mode and make SMG's not OHK on headshot.
>>
Most people I know don't trust Ubishit

I mean i don't trust them with this game, and I love it

I can't even fathom how did they pull such a fantastic game. This one blew my mind.

And still won't give Ubi a benefit of doubt considering there hasn't been a fix in months, update or content because MUH DIVISION.
>>
File: 1409857064031.png (301 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1409857064031.png
301 KB, 512x384
>>332312470
>>
>>332311378
I don't know why you just assume it has to be a shitty battlefield campaign. The old R6 games had fun multiplayer AND single player, there's a bunch of people on /v/ playing R63 and SWAT4 together to this day and those games were great in single player. Why should we be expected to accept lesser products than what we had before just because the dev/publisher blew their whole budget on marketing the division? If they can't offer something even marginally better than what was readily available a decade ago then they don't deserve money.
>>
>>332312295
>>332311947
This is a Siege thread, friend. We have to accept the fact that ubisoft finally shit out a shiny golden turd and have done an underwhelming job of giving it the support it deserves.

It's best if we just continue pretending like Ubisoft didn't make it and hope they don't ruin it in the future.
>>
>>332306729
>Netcode
>The game is still very playable
>hurts a little

L O L
O
L

https://youtu.be/vBZj4c_j9Qs
>>
>>332306729
It's a competitive shooter made by a company that makes casual games. I mean, they're still using Net-Z. They use this cookie-cutter module for all of their MP games, it was designed for co-op games where accuracy and latency dont matter.

As far as Ubisoft goes, it's one of their best titles yet, but it's still shit.
>>
>>332311978
It's objective based like CS is objective based meaning every round usually ends with the other team dead.

Few people are actually out to save that hostage.
>>
>>332311475
>player hosted OR dedicated servers
Remember when you had the ability to host your own server and actually owned your game? I could host a server of Dark Messiah's mediocre multiplayer, give people the ip and have everyone playing it in minutes even though the master server's been down for years, siege won't be playable in any capacity 5 years from now.
>>
In all honesty, I'd probably play this game if the netcode wasn't such utter fucking garbage.

Someone with 150 ping can AD strafe near a corner of a wall and headshot you without you even seeing a pixel of his head.
>>
>>332306729
- Downgraded from the initial E3 demo
- Not as tactical as other games such as ARMA ans S.W.A.T.
- usually resorts to another ol' rooty tooty
- unable to pick levels or mix and match weapons and items
- defenders should look like terrorists

It's a fun game but it's not what it should be.
>>
>>332306729
I barely meet minimum requirements and the last R6 game I played was Vegas and thought it was just so-so. That's why I haven't had any interest.
>>
>>332306729
I avoided buying it for a while due to the price for a multiplayer only game with a questionably low amount of content. I sold some overpriced CS:GO skins to retards and bought R6S with the proceeds and my concerns weren't entirely fulfilled.

>netcode issues no where near as bad as some make out, not as bad as CS:GO
>clientside MM but serverside match hosting, literal WTF
>MM relies on player's connection speed and it often breaks
>low amount content for the high asking price
>slow content addition, 1 or 2 operators and 1 new map per patch every 4 months or so

>Uplay
Never had major problems with it (other than it setting my mic volume to maximum every fucking time I join a group which is unfixable) and after playing R6S with friends, there were one or two people getting issues with it that were not related to NAT type that stopped us from playing, restarting the game usually fixed it. Problems like group invitations not being sent or received, various crashes, not being able to access the Uplay overlay and lots of other smaller problems.

Some people think there's some sort of artificial hate boner because it's perceived as the Ubisoft equivalent of GFWL but it causes game-breaking issues that can't be fixed until Ubisoft patches them out as it's a proprietary platform.

>>332313370
> Not as tactical as other games such as ARMA
Comparing apples and oranges

>unable to pick levels or mix and match weapons and items
Any semblance of Operator balance would go out the window.
>>
>>332306729
This game is literally what Medal of Honor: Warfighter should've been.

But it's a poor Rainbow Six game.
>>
Niggas be jewing too much
I would pay 30 euromarks maximum for it
>>
>>332306729
For me:
Too expensive for PVP only game.
No SP.
Tom Clancy's name and doesn't deliver on it.
Too old.
>>
File: 14455019805812.jpg (35 KB, 632x454) Image search: [Google]
14455019805812.jpg
35 KB, 632x454
>>332313370
>defenders should look like terrorists
Why do people still bring this up? Multiplayer in the Rainbow Six games has always been Rainbow vs Rainbow.
>>
>>332313370
>unable to pick levels
There's a setting in the options menu where you can decide what maps you want or don't want. Do you even own the game?
>>
>>332313875
>Tom Clancy's name and doesn't deliver on it
one of the few games i think that bastard would have liked to see his name on.

It's a good game.
>>
>>332306729
Because i still play raven shielf with friends and seige isnt as good as raven shield. Im more interested in coop than pvp. The beta had horrid coop. No singleplayer effects me as a long time rainbow six fan too.

I want my planning stage, i want to execute the plan and get shot once and have everything fall apart. I want a proper hardcore no bullshit tactical shooter.

Its too hardcore for the casual croud and not hardcore enough for the hardcore croud, thats the problem with seige
>>
>>332314068
>It's a good game.
I am not saying it isn't. And I might come as really too fucking old for saying this - it is nothing like what Clancy wrote about. I mean, it was never about that little isolated conflict with him. Like, 4vs.4 is not his thing.
>>
>>332312470
A lot of operator abilities would be useless in TD
>>
File: 566c49e011bcb.jpg (255 KB, 1828x1028) Image search: [Google]
566c49e011bcb.jpg
255 KB, 1828x1028
Like people are saying, it's a great game, probably the best arcade shooter in a very long time. However, the game has some severe technical issues with pretty much everything about its network.

I also think it's a real shame that the game doesn't have a proper campaign mode, Article 5 was fucking great. I'd definitely pay for a good length story mode in that fashion.
>>
>>332306729
>a former icon of realistic tactical shooters made into a terrible counter strike clone with """"destructions"""" and other retarded bullshit, like giant 3 VS 2 blocking half the screen

I'm glad this game is DOA. Justice well served.
>>
>>332314337
do you have dyslexia?
>>
Not a nice fast paced shooter. Not a nice slow tactical game. Seems to be a hybrid which just looks boring.

I'm dying waiting for a decent shooter, but not going near this.
>>
>>332314394
The very small story mode does set up a proper Tom Clancy story, though. See the cutscene posted above.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (12 KB, 236x250) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
12 KB, 236x250
>>332306729
Probably because you can't make people wait months to unfuck your game.

Like 2 months after it came out and it was still in a state that for lots of games would be considered Alpha or Beta.
>>
>>332314394
I really don't know what you're getting at. Single player in the Rainbow Six games was 8 operatives vs like 20 terrorists. Or you can just solo the campaigns with one guy. Rogue Spear multiplayer was 8 vs 8 in team games.
>>
File: 1407950661262.gif (2 MB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1407950661262.gif
2 MB, 310x325
>>332306729
>Mate tells me to get the game because its fun
>WHOPPING 80 DINGOS M8
>Have no fucking clue what the game is about
>Theres some practice stuff to do
>Alright this is pretty cool, I guess its supposed to be realistic because you kinda die from 1 bullet
>theres some neat little gadgets and stuff aswell
At this point I assumed you'd just be vsing AI with a bunch of other people on your team or something
>mate invites me for match
>tells me to start boarding up shit and get down
>just sitting there for a bit
>hear footsteps
>massive fucking explosion from above
>I die from the explosion
>everyone else dies afterwards
>well that kinda sucked
>Play as attackers, use the little spybot thing
>as soon as we've found the objective and start moving we're gunned down near spawn
>this repeats for the rest of the game
>Realistic Team Death-match: The game
>Uninstall and get a refund
>>
>>332314917
>Putting quotes around the word destruction for no reason
>Doesn't know you can customize the HUD
Can you be anymore of a fuccboi?
>>
File: 1451707505618.jpg (156 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
1451707505618.jpg
156 KB, 500x612
>>332315625
>Get bodied two matches in a row so you uninstall and re-fund the game

Holy shit how salty can you be
>>
>>332313731
>>332313519
>>332312918
I won't even argue over if it is/isn't a good R6 game, I'll even take your word for it. But what I will argue is if that is what is holding it back in popularity among the casual market?

Sure, it might have alienated their original customer base but, and I mean no offense by this at all, is that market actually of enough size to hold Siege back from the modern FPS market?

Siege seems to exist in this weird niche that's a hair too flawed for the hardcore competitive FPS crowd yet too methodical/difficult ("slow") for the average casual FPS player. You would expect much more overlap in those markets than what we're seeing for a title that tackles that casual/hardcore dilemma arguably better than most of its competitors.

Surely even the R6 traditionalists can see what Ubi was going for with Siege, and quite few of us would agree they fucking nailed it despite it not living up to traditionalist expectations.

I just simply think it's obvious that Siege should be a much more prominent title when you consider both its flaws and accomplishments.
>>
>>332315879
I spent 80 dollars on a game that I don't enjoy, why would I not get a refund?
I didn't even like playing practice mode. The gear is cool and all but I just don't like the game.
>>
>>332311947
Because Blacklist, and a couple other games had issues at launch regarding Uplay, Which were later fixed, patched AC:U is actually a cool game, but memes are resilient so it kinda stuck there.

You can see the same opinions on Retarddit and youtube from people who had never used it, and people kind of accept it as a tradition. In my experience more people hate it out of bad references than hands on experience.
>>
>>332313917
there was no reason for them to remove the function from the E3 gameplay what so ever, you say ''it's always been'' as if they've stuck to the original formula throughout the entire series
>>
>>332312470
>>Defending is boring
Nigga what?
>>Attacking feels like a peekaboo
The entire game IS extreme peekaboo.
>>
>>332315051
Not saying Siege is what you're looking for, but Siege might surprise you
>>
>>332316303
go ahead and refund your life
>>
>>332316540
This. Both Uplay and Origin are absolutely fine right now but people prefer to suck gaben's steam cock even though it's far more fucking annoying.
>>
>>332316705
Some people just do what they're told and sit on a point.

These joyless people will never experience the thrill of a good roam.
>>
>>332315737
yeah I don't, after all, I'm not retarded to buy this pos unlike you
>>
File: 1322410248064.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1322410248064.png
13 KB, 200x200
>>332309836
>the most boring operator in the game
>every team needs one
>no else ever picks him
>>
File: 1453711485657.png (80 KB, 600x3228) Image search: [Google]
1453711485657.png
80 KB, 600x3228
>>332317415
>no else ever picks him

He's literally the most picked operator in the game anon.
>>
>>332313875
>Tom Clancy's name and doesn't deliver on it.
When you think about it, Ubi would be better off dropping the TC license altogether.

Games like The Division are grounded by trying to remain realistic when you face fuckers with flamethrowers and everyone's got a purple and brown morality. Ubi cannot let people play as terrorists like in Cs:GO or Insurgency because they are contract bound to it, they would be better off dropping the TC license and the limitations that come with it.

I mean unless Siege PVP is nothing but exercises,if you think of some reasoning as two why the same Counter Terrorism agency is fighting itself, and Article 5 as the only time the team is deployed into action, it is a silly game.

We will never see a proper non casual Rainbow Six game because it is hard to sell methodical games in the current market.
>>
>>332316561
Well, it's reminiscent for sure. Also, if you think about it, the E3 trailer was basically attacker recruits vs defender recruits.
>>
>>332316540
The faceless bug in AC:U was only present on an uncommon video card that didn't receive the day one patch.

What kind of person downloads a game on their PC and doesn't receive the day one patch while they do it? Pirates.

Only pirates experienced the majority of the bugs that became the memes.

i don't blame them for pirating Ubisoft's notioriously buggy Assassin's Creed games, because it was still too buggy even with that patch. Too buggy even by AC standards. However, AC:U was just fine a week later for me meaning just as buggy as every other AC game since revelations.
>>
>>332317607
>We will never see a proper non casual Rainbow Six game because it is hard to sell methodical games in the current market.
Let us hope that Ground Branch will blossom in to what all the fans of proper Rainbow Six games want.
>>
It's all I play, OP
>>
>>332306729
Because YouTubers don't play it. seems if a popular YouTuber doesn't play your game it doesn't do that well
>>
>>332317071
Roaming is thrilling, but when you start the game with other new people most of them paralyze as defenders, you feel genuine fear.

As Defenders new players tend to stay put and hope they spot people first.

As attacker people just go in solo expecting to rank up kills and get destroyed.

After experience settles in one starts to comprehend that a good defending team must stay communicated and move a lot, practically understand where the enemy might spawn, be, and act accordingly. Against good defenders it feels like they might be all over the place, almost as if there twice the number of defenders.

Good attackers attack one sport quickly and pretty much empty the building instantly.

It is one of those games were experience level, and game time makes a monstrous difference.
>>
>>332317885
>Ground Branch
You mean Takedown: Red Sabre 2.0?
>>
>>332313370
>Downgrade from E3 demo

E3 demo looked like shit, the real game is way better.

Okay maybe the e3 demo was superior from a tech standpoint, but everything else is ass compared to the game we got.
>>
>>332317815
ACU was buggy as fuck, but after it was patched in january, it was a good game.
>>
>>332317885
There is a new Socom game by Zipper interactive founders on PC, it is EA but people could not give less of a shit about it.

Compare that to the usual garbage EA games people do purchase.
>>
>>332313370
The only real "downgrade" from the E3 trailer was a lighting re-shade and the removal of insertion via helicopter. The game still looks pretty damn amazing on max settings even though I can't run it
If they kept in those cinematic insertions the game would be a nightmare to balance. Imagine getting 1 shotted while rappelling down
>>
File: my_op.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
my_op.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>>332318085
>You mean Takedown: Red Sabre 2.0?
I am fucking tired of you ignorant cocksuckers bringing Red Sabre up. Why don't you check your fucking facts before you spout these fucking lies? On numerous occasions faggots bring this Takedown disaster. Why? It has nothing to do with Ground Branch. Not made by same people (they make EPSILON now). Not even remotely the same fucking game concept.
You should inform yourself before spreading lies. People ,might believe you and you know, ignorance does rub off on people.
>>
>>332318049
So true
>>
>>332318548
What the fuck is takedown sabre anyhow?
>>
>>332318331
Got a link?
Also, I think that Due Process is more R6 game than all the post Red Storm games with R6 slapped on them.
>>332318653
This fucking disaster of a game.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236510/
Devs promised us 'spiritual successor to tactical shooters'
>>
>>332306729
Why do you care so much about things you like being liked?

As long as you have a group of friends to play with, the game will have infinite replayability.

And really anon? You really want Rainbow 6 Siege to become a huge popular game infested with underage, dudebros, and then constantly picked apart by /v/ and other boards simply because it's popular? Is that what you want?
>>
>>332317896
I have a feeling this might be the actual problem
>>
>>332318809
Maybe he wants to actually play on Ranked match because the wait time for Ranked match and that is if it doesn't fuck up is around 1 minute or more.
>>
>>332318548
Why are you getting so defensive? Are you part of the dev team or what? It's called metaphors. Everyone got hyped and jumped on the Takedown bandwagon. Then the game fell flat on its face.
>If it sounds too good to be true
>>
File: 1445986256001.png (693 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1445986256001.png
693 KB, 840x623
That's LITERALLY the only game I play now

Nothing else seems valuable, I'm just waiting for DS3.

What will I do after that ?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME
>>
>>332319025
There are popular Youtubers playing it though. The crowd that plays Battlefield and the other "army recruitment" simulators.
>>
Buck is so much fucking fun holy shit. I love using him and getting triple kills and then watching the enemy team go "B-BUT WHEN I USE BUCK I CAN'T CONTROL HIS GUN!".
>>
>>332318809
I think you misunderstood the point of the thread. If that's what I cared about then I probably would've said "Why aren't you playing R6 Siege?"

I don't care if it's popular or not because it's great the way it is, I'm just surprised that it isn't more popular than it is currently and thought I'd bring it to /v/ for discussion.

You're currently the only person in the thread who even got that impression.
>>
>>332319549
His Skeleton Key is also going to get buffed too.
>>
>>332319837
Yeah I know. I honestly don't think the Skeleton Key really needs a buff but whatever. More power to Buck. Literally my main operator.
>>
>>332319549
Good news friend, read the upcoming patch notes.

>Buck is growing stronger.jpg
>>
lol @ OP shilling shitty Ubisoft game
lmao remove yourself with your shitty netcode babbys first shooter bullshit
>>
>>332318113
explain what was ass apart from the fake chatter
>>
>>332319431
>Why are you getting so defensive? Are you part of the dev team or what? It's called metaphors. Everyone got hyped and jumped on the Takedown bandwagon. Then the game fell flat on its face.
Nigger, if you feel that someone have to be a dev for a game that shows promise and is EXACTLY what someone wants it to be, then you are plainly stupid. The statement made was ignorant and incorrect. And as I mentioned, you are the the first one (or the same fucking anon) who brings that up. And in other threads I've explained to those anons that they are wrong, but seem that misinformation still persists.
As for metaphors - sure, I'm sorry. But if I didn't get the metaphor, there might be someone else who can not get it too and just ignore something great that might (or might now - I'll give you that) come out of Ground Branch development.
I am waiting for SWAT5/STALKER2 and a proper Rainbow Six game. So laugh at me all you want for defending Ground Branch ( I was correcting your misinformation tho).
>>
>>332306729
Because it's bad. Like every other Ubisoft game it had more bugs than features when it launched.

>R6Siege is the best multiplayer shooter I've played in many years.
This must be the only multiplayer shooter you've played in many years.

>I'm absolutely addicted to it.
>It's objectively a great game.
lol

>I don't think everyone and their brother should be playing it, but it seems to me like it could be a lot more popular than it is.
I don't think anyone should be playing it.

>Netcode
>The game is still very playable however this probably hurts the competitive scene a little since it can be slightly abused, but casuals don't know/care as much about this.
Bad netcode? It's absolutely horrendous. Go download a game on steam and try to play with several hundred ping. You will become a god. Also feel free to take advantage of the ridiculous peeker's advantage.

>Lack of a real Campaign
Very objective criticism of a MULTIPLAYER game.

>Siege isn't dead by any means and it'll likely be alive for the foreseeable future, but I don't think it's as big as it could be.
No, the game is dead already, and it'll never be big because it's not good.

I will actually read the thread now and I will look for your reasoning and shoot it down. I've put a lot more time and effort into this shitty game than you.
>>
>>332319943
It's gaining more utility, not power. He's going to be versatile in his approaches.
>>
>>332306957
Pulse has the UMP45 too, not the MP5K.
>>
File: 1448484077488.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1448484077488.png
105 KB, 512x512
>>332320119

>I didn't play the game more than 3 hours : the post
>>
>>332320119
Why does this read like a copypasta
>>
>>332311460
this. I quit after 2 intesive months
>>
>>332320446
23hrs here
it's not as great as you're making it out to be.
>>
>>332320446
Not him but I've played it since alpha and he's asbolutely right.

I seriously can't understand how people in their right mind can defend this game. I can give some slack to young kids and casuals who don't know any better, but it seems like there are some people that must be so starved for a real tactical FPS that they would latch onto this game and delude themselves into thinking its in any way good. Maybe it's the post purchase rationalization, maybe it's straight up shilling, who knows, but it's fucking sad.
>>
>>332306729
Because Ubisoft has a bad reputation with shitting halfass'd military games so not a lot of people bothered to play it.
>>
>>332320446
Bring up any actual arguments instead of insulting me and see how far you get.

Oh wait, they were all posted in this thread and shot down by people with less bias and better taste than you.
>>
IQ is the cutest op
>>
The people I usually played with lost interest, and hopping on with randoms is a great way to find some of the stupidest human beings alive.
Haven't played in couple weeks.
>>
File: image.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19 KB, 300x309
>Save up 23k renown for frost
>Let gf's little brother use my account
>Tell him to save up for frost
>He buys every operator and attachment for every gun just to piss me off
>>
>>332321286
How do you get that? Real money?
>>
>>332313054
>january
>meanwhile a patch was rolled out that fixed these issues
You keep on trying, little anon. Someday you'll fit right in.
>>
>>332311460
This.

After Battlefield 4 stepped up their game's servers, Rainbow Six Siege felt like a fucking joke. Way too many retarded exchanges. Except with BF4 a single death won't change the course of a game. Meanwhile a missed opportunity in a round of Siege is fucking game changing, and therefore WAY more impactful.
>>
File: SteveTheRock.jpg (76 KB, 444x579) Image search: [Google]
SteveTheRock.jpg
76 KB, 444x579
>>332321137
Your 'argument'
>it's bad because it's bad. Why? because I said so.
>I can't believe anyone is actually playing this "game"
>I dare you to challenge my superiority because I play REAL games and that makes me an authority

Pure cringe.

6/10 as a bait post, some potential as a copypasta
>>
File: 1377363144588.jpg (175 KB, 317x699) Image search: [Google]
1377363144588.jpg
175 KB, 317x699
>>
>>332321440
When I bought the game it came with like 1200 ubisoft points or whatever their premium currency, might've been a promotion or something, but it was enough to buy buck and frost

>>332321651
That's part of rumored skins and accessories that might come to the game
>>
>>332322603
>it's bad because it's bad
If you actually read the OP, he never stated any reasons why it's good. I quite clearly stated in my post that I would address his reasons when I saw them. Other people have already done so.
1. Start of the round is setup and drone scouting.
The best way this works if you're coordinated is to find the main stairwell of the map as well as the alternative stairwell (assuming you play with a friend like I do) and watch for enemies moving around the house.
Then you can guide your teammates and call out enemy positions. This takes away a lot of the window peeking that was occurring, or at least makes the level they shoot at you from a known.
2. Scouting after the setup.
Assuming your drones lived and the enemies didn't run past them you can now breach the building safely with the drone scouts still in place. They can then move in and scout the floor you know they're on (about 50% of the time there's 1-2 guys running around the building and you have to clear the entire floor(s) that they're on). Once you gain information about what kind of setup these guys did, you can take out their defenses and breach.
3. Attacking
There's too many angles to cover as a solo queue, and with a teammate it gets no easier.
People can be crouching, laying down, or standing. They can also be on top of objects or not. You can discover this with drones, but people doing so takes a player away from the fight. A lot of the time people are looking from behind objects and even with increased saturation and/or brightness, people blend in or look out of hidey holes.
4. Defending
Often if you're not in some alpha spot, you'll either get spammed down through a wall because you lack enough reinforcements for the room the objective is in, or you'll die to some guy peeking in with 150+ ping. Which if you watch the kill cam there is obvious peeker's advantage.
cont...
>>
>>332315038
Yes , sorry if i write weirdly
>>
>>332324105
4. Defending cont
Enemies on certain maps can breach ceilings living almost no where for you to hide inside the room. The bank map and the room with all the shelves comes to mind. The metal rafters actually block your vision up but allow enemies to slowly clear the room from above by using breaching charges. There is no spot on that map where you can cover the doors and not be seen from above. Many more maps have issues like this.

>x4 optics for some reason are better than x1.
I mentioned that there was a lot of places people can hide, and it's an issue seeing them. x4 optics in real life a real life situation have no benefit to being used in doors. The game incorrectly magnifies your entire screen instead of just within the scope. This makes the x4 optic too good at compared to anything else, even though it lowers your FoV, you do not suffer at all from it.

>Destruction
A lot of people love this game for this mechanic, but it's completely broken. If you are good, you can look at a single bullet-hole in the wall and if you see the color of it change (IE someone is on the otherside) you can get an easy kill. It's very easy for defenders to put a few bullet holes and watch for this. Alternatively, as I mentioned before, attackers can blow open specific areas to gain an unfair advantage on other people inside the room.

>Operators
There is no way to tell which operators your opponents are playing until you are in game. There is no counter picking. It's entirely a craps shoot. Even when you do counter, such as a Thermite with bandit or mute. They can have a thatcher. Or you counter a Fuze with Jager, and yet again he has a bandit.

>Sound scape
It is far too difficult to determine where people are based on footsteps. I'm pretty sure they mentioned at one point that the sound bounces off walls or some stupid shit. While this might be how it works in real life, this is a fucking video game and they flop between realism and video game inconsistantly.
cont.
>>
>>332325270
>Sound Scape cont.
see x4 optics

>Clearing buildings.
The best way to know the locations of players is to scout as I mentioned. This needs to be coordinated, and no one besides who I play with has ever done it. Lock down the stair cases and clear floor by floor, until you know roughly where the enemy is. This can take several minutes by yourself.

>Map Design
The maps are too convoluted and seem to be designed by random chance. I have only a few times spotted any design that had a reason behind it. There's far too much shit laying around in most of these places. For example, Plane has far too much luggage just lying around. Training Day with Denzel Washington has shit tons of desks and a room with like 3 fridges in it. There's construction materials laying around. None of these spots has any clear rhyme or reason beyond being a hidey hole.

Add destruction and all/most of these factors I have complained about and you get a game with too many variables to control. Then, throw ping into the mix and you get a game that becomes unplayable.

This game will never have a good competitive scene because it's not a good competitive game. Instead of saying it's objectively a great game, people should just say they like it and that it's fun.

I do not care how inane my posts seem to you, but this is why I wished OP to state his reasoning. So instead of posting a fucking life story, I could easily post once or twice.
>>
>>332325270
-real life
>he has a bandit
thatcher.
>>
>>332326318
I forgot to mention.
This game is being pushed out by Ubisoft/Microsoft to be competitive. They are trying to create some scene for this dead game, which will not happen. Notice how I said Microsoft? You're apparently supposed to play with xbox controllers. Which if you noticed at siege day, they were forced to use. Even with mouse and keyboard in front of them.

Secondly, it's targeted towards children. Notice how when you listened to the comms, there were people telling the players to stop swearing. How in the FUCK is that supposed to be competitive if you have people monitoring your comms and interrupting you?

Everything about this game and the companies in charge of it makes me sick. I would have buyer's remorse if my NEET smelling ass actually paid for it.
>>
>>332327774
Any game that's pushed before release to be "e-sports" fails miserably at it.

You don't make a game to be e-sports. You support the game and the communities that want to support your game, and give them the tools they want to make that happen. That's what allows a game to be an e-sport.

Except companies seem to think they can strip games down, axe mod communities, and not give them ladders/good spectatorship while still making their game a "e-sport".
>>
>>332327985
The devs have said esports wasn't the focus on Siege. They said if the community wanted it, they'll support it.
>>
File: a cut for ants.jpg (15 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
a cut for ants.jpg
15 KB, 400x228
When you go outside as a Defender and it says YOU HAVE BEEN DETECTED, what do the Attackers actually see? Your exact position, icon and outline in real time?
>>
>>332308226
Ubisoft couldn't make a spectator mode that isn't completely retarded trash
>>
>>332328848
Yes. You have 2 seconds (used to be 5) of time that you can be outside before you are spotted.
>>
>>332328848
They see your name in orange, what OP you are, and it gives away your location but doesn't do the blurred outline like your teammates have by default.
>>
>>332328484
That goes completely against siege day.

https://play.eslgaming.com/rainbowsix
>>
>>332306729
Because Ubisoft botched the release. When they showed the game initially it was fresh off of them making the developer scrap Patriots due to the generation jump, and they pretty much showed off a tech demo. But the game was no where near finished. by the time it was done and released it had largely been forgotten and Ubisoft tried to tank it by shitting out minimal marketing.
>>
>>332306729
Because F2P mechanics in a full-retail price game. Also because it's less accessible than CS:GO but just as punishing, most people will just keep playing CS:GO.
>>
>tell a steam friend how great Siege is and I got a squad he could join
>he thinks the game is too expensive (33€ at launch wew)
>he still hasn't got it but bought Firewatch, the new Tomb Raider and The Division in the meantime
>>
>>332306729
>Ubisoft
>Uplay
>Shit launch
>Shit marketing
>Lack of content for the price
>Shitty netcode
>Not casual enough for casual players
>Not competitive enough for competitive players
>Plays nothing like the old games and alienates the people who liked them

Nobody who wants to play a competitive shooter is going to pick up Siege when they can buy CSGO for less than half the price and run it on their shitty laptop too.
>>
>>332306729
>R6Siege is the best multiplayer shooter I've played in many years.
You should play more shooters then.
Also, uPlay. lol
>>
Another 'tactical' shooter to toss into the garbage bin.

At least this one has a higher skill cap and much more strategical depth than that meme game CS.
>>
>>332306729
1 armor operators such as ashe are unstoppable killing machines due to shit netcode. You can play the game like cod with ashe and frequently ace the team due to peekers advantage
>>
File: 1426545622663.jpg (119 KB, 400x588) Image search: [Google]
1426545622663.jpg
119 KB, 400x588
>>332330904
>higher skill cap and much more strategical depth than that meme game CS
>>
File: 1435963578052.gif (132 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1435963578052.gif
132 KB, 500x281
It's a great shooter held back by netcode, even if everything went better at launch as well as a price drop I think most PC players are more interested in a loot drop grind fest like the division tho.
>inb4 kills self
Me first!
>>
>>332331326
Well meme'd
>>
>>332306729

There are tons of online FPS games out now. Not everybody is playing the same one.
>>
>>332333000
I'm more interested in semi "hardcore" shooters, like RO, RO2 and Insurgency.
Though I wouldn't mind a good SWAT 3/4 clone.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.