[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Successful Gamers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Winning.jpg (5 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
Winning.jpg
5 KB, 300x167
Time and time again I see /v/ denigrating its own userbase as a group of fat, virgin neckbeards that live in their parents' basement.

I am interested in seeing the /v/ success stories. If you are wealthy, have success with the opposite gender, stand out in your field, etc. then this thread is for you. If you play vidya, but are actually winning in life, post how you break the /v/ mold. Include the following:

>Favorite Game Ever
>Favorite Genre
>How long you've been playing vidya

I'll post mine in a bit
>>
>>332305836
Just wanted to pop in here and say Kin Corn Karn is the greatest video game character of all time.
>>
You want stories of success on an anonymous message board.

Fuck off.
>>
>>332305836
I shitpost "fucking normies reeeeee" and I am a college graduate, have a $80k/year job, and have a gf. I hate life, but at least my parents are proud of me.

>Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations
>JRPG
>Since 1993
>>
In college, about to graduate with a degree in Networking and Information Systems Assistance. I'm dual-majoring and will get my degree in business administration in the fall of this year. It's taken me a while, but I also don't have any student debts, since I've been paying out of pocket the last 6 years.

-Super Metroid
-Action-Adventure, preferably with RPG elements
-Since I was like 3 or so, so over 20 years
>>
>>332307227
You fuck off you failure of a man. To go along with the theme of this thread, we all win because you'll never have a chance to spread your genes.
>>
>>332305836
>$100K+ a year income
>Getting promoted to higher position in a few months
>Beat 300 other managers in my company for a national award due to business turnaround
>Thin, busty, & attractive asian wife who has her masters degree and makes good money
>3 kids
>healthy, fit with above average looks
>Favorite Game: RDR
>Favorite Genre: RPG, but on a racing kick
>How Long Playing vidya: 28 years

Honestly, never thought I'd live past 25, let alone have success. The goal now is to sustain it. That said, I still don't talk about my vidya hobby to my colleagues.
>>
>>332307930
Congrats, anon. You'll be ahead of your peers without having all that debt. Best of luck!
>>
I'm a woodworker, I live in a tourist-y mountain town making big rustic overpriced beds and benches. Have a beautiful girlfriend, a 10 piece drum kit and no fear of debt.
>Favorite game
Time splitters: Future Perfect
>Favorite genre
Space Sim
>How long you been playing vidya?
19 years or so
>>
File: 1401643175595.jpg (61 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1401643175595.jpg
61 KB, 480x720
Believe it. Believe all of it.
>>
>>332309274
Winning is about believing and working relentlessly until you get there. Sage advice, anon ,though I personally believe you can do it with or without faith in Jesus.
>>
>>332309176
You're doing God's working laying quality wood to both your hot girlfriend and for your tourist community. Here's to continued success!
>>
Im a spaghetti spilling neet sperg that otherwise managed to plan accordingly and make 100k a year in a relatively easy job, buy my own house and two nice cars. Im too depressed, bitter and scared to talk to women, though.

I love many different games, i cant really name a favorite.
Any genre is fine.
Ive been playing for 30 years.
>>
>>332310510
>Well, part of you not getting women is likely your negative self-talk. You are in the top tiers of earners. Have some confidence, give yourself some credit, and celebrate your wins. Use that to inspire positive self-talk and project said confidence. You may think that sounds like some new age bullshit, but how you carry yourself is how people perceive you. How you are perceived is reality.
>>
>>332305836
>Mount and Blade: Warband
>RPG
>My entire life (Most of us have been playing since we could game. You may as well have asked for age.)
>Which is 19
I'm a senior at my University at a very young age with almost no debt because of scholarships.

I'm majoring in Sociology (Even though it's kinda shit.) just because I want to be a United States ambassador one day.

I'm not some kind of zealous, communist, over-liberal, SJW kike like most other people in my major, so I definitely stand out as one of the few actual professionals.

7/10 looks on a good day, but unfortunately I'm a little gorked mentally. Mild schizophrenia (That's probably gonna get worse because that's an adult-onset illness, God help me.) and once a month or so I'll slide into a deep depression where I'll I just eat junk food and eat pizza in my room playing vidja by myself, which obviously makes me look undead and drops my attractiveness down to 4/10 for a week or so before my face clears up and I start combing my hair again.

I can handle all that though.

I'm a kissless virgin, not due to lack of opportunity but because I just don't like anyone who's attracted to me. I also have virtually no interest in fucking someone who isn't my girlfriend.

The people I do like and have contemplated asking out I actively avoid bringing it up even when there's obvious chemistry between us because I'm joining the Army next year to make 80k annually as a Civil Affairs Liaison, so obviously I can't maintain a relationship. Not only because long distance relationships don't work, but because I'd always be vaguely afraid I'd become a background cuck/piggy bank while she fucks other dudes and harvests money from me. No thanks.

Speaking of my job, it's gonna be sweet. Here's to hoping I get stationed in Guam or some other island paradise like my brother did.
>>
>>332310838
Not sure why I put that in green text, but whatever
>>
>>332310852
If you actually pull off an ambassador gig, you'll have plenty of time to mingle and land some high class women. Keep your shit together and pay attention to what I told >>332310510
>>332310838
Congrats on fast-tracking, but the finish line is what counts
>>
>>332310510
can i hab monies plox
>>
>>332311373
Sent
;)
>>
File: YouWin.png (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
YouWin.png
6 KB, 640x480
bump
>>
>>332310838
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>332305836
Every /v/ user to ever become successful in the video game industry distances himself from this shithole. Just look at Notch, Toby Fox, and the RoR guys.
>>
I write under a pseudonym, I write supposedly "heartfelt" young adult stuff, sold 3 million copies so far, just one book, I have another in the making. I make a decent (subtle) living, only get interviewed via the internet, and I'm famous on tumblr for an allegory about angsty teenagers and headphones. If you find a Bane reference in your sister's book, you know who it is.

>Rez
>Stealth
>19 years
>>
>>332312461
I am not looking for people who are successful in the industry, just people who browse /v/ who happen to be successful
>>
Its easy to get a well paying job. It just takes years of planning.
>>
>>332312482
I always wanted to write something that mattered. Congrats on your early success, anon!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.