[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone starting to notice how Paper Mario fans are starting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: Mario_&_Luigi_Series_Logo3.png (185 KB, 2255x359) Image search: [Google]
Mario_&_Luigi_Series_Logo3.png
185 KB, 2255x359
Anyone starting to notice how Paper Mario fans are starting to have a vendetta against the Mario & Luigi series? Ever since Paper Jam, Paper Mario fans have been attacking the M&L series, when they have before. Why is that?
>>
hey fuck you
>>
Something-something Mario & Luigi became the more popular Mario RPG series. Something-something Nintendo decided to pull Paper Mario from the RPG adventure genre.
>>
>>332302334

Pretty much this. PM fans are mad that their series is dead so they take it out on M&L
>>
>>332302414
I havent been doing that but seriouslyfuck nintendo
>>
Probably because M&L is generally staying the course, with consistent releases and steady quality. AlphaDream may be a one-trick pony but they know what they're doing with M&L.

It's abundantly clear Intelligent Systems are being run by complete fucking idiots and Paper Mario continues to suffer for it (along with Waifu Emblem). Seriously, was there some major infrastructure change at IS a few years ago or something?
>>
>>332302538
FE has never been better
>>
>>332302662
Conquest was alright.

Birthright was Awakening 2

I haven't played Revelation.
>>
>>332302538
>was there some major infrastructure change at IS a few years ago or something?

They used to be located inside Nintendo Kyoto, but then they got their own building as a promotion after Awakening's release.
>>
Why are there 2 separate Mario RPG series? You don't have two Mario Karts, or two Mario Party series?
>>
>>332304362
One has muh paper shenanigans and the other has muh play with 2 characters 90% of the fucking time shenanigans
>>
>>332302334
>>332302220
Pretty much this. The Mario & luigi series took the title of the Mario RPG from paper Mario. Nintendo decided there can only be one Mario RPG series so one of them had to change
>>
File: THISTHREADFUCKINGSUCKS.jpg (35 KB, 322x350) Image search: [Google]
THISTHREADFUCKINGSUCKS.jpg
35 KB, 322x350
>couple of jealous fans in /v/ equates the entire fandom
>>
>>332304362
For the same reason there's two Pokemon RPG series, three if you count Conquest.
>>
M&L has always been lol so wacky and funneh XD shit and paper mario fell apart after ttyd. Super Mario RPG is the best one and we'll never see it ever again
>>
>>332302220
I was under the impression that the majority of paper Mario fags were also M&L fags like myself. They're both great rpgs after all.
>>
File: x.png (18 KB, 514x456) Image search: [Google]
x.png
18 KB, 514x456
>trying to create a damage control agrument to use whenever someone says something bad about Paper Jam and future M&L games
>>
i've always preferred the M&L games to the PM games except PiT
>>
There are people who don't like both?
>>
>>332306906
I do. Both are great.
>>
File: 381px-BowsersandlePMSS.png (84 KB, 381x479) Image search: [Google]
381px-BowsersandlePMSS.png
84 KB, 381x479
>>332305994

it's surprising but a lot of Paper Mario fans thought that Paper Jam was a new entry in the Paper Mario series as opposed to a Mario & Luigi game featuring Paper Mario.

Although they're both pretty much both evolutions of Super Mario RPG that just diverged from each other.
>>
>>332307103
That's what I'm saying, I've always assumed almost all of the people who like one like the other, and I'd never even think that there would be some kind of rivalry between the two.
>>
>>332307352
I don't care too much for M&L but I love Paper Mario. I've played a couple and I enjoyed Superstar Saga by far the most but my biggest issue with them is a lack of customization and having the same party members the whole game through. They barely feel like RPGs to me. They're more about the weird platforming with two (or 3 or 4) buttons and mini games which is fine but it's not for me.
>>
File: 1444425094542.gif (2 MB, 396x292) Image search: [Google]
1444425094542.gif
2 MB, 396x292
I haven't tried the new M&L but Dream Team was pretty weak and I heard the new one with Paper Mario in it wasn't that great either. This might just be a modern Nintendo thing where a lot of their franchises are going down the tube.
>>
Gameplay wise,not only Paper Jam keep things intact, it turned it up a notch.
>>
I never hated on M&L. Odd others are.

Honestly though, when I went over it in my head, Mario and Luigi seemed more like the series to make an 'Action adventure with light RPG elements.'

I mean, just take the Sticker Star Formula. Only you're now Mario and Luigi instead of Paper Mario. Stickers are now Bro Items. It works a little too well.
>>
>>332308487
Dream Team was pretty damn good imo. I like that it was actually slightly difficult unlike Bowser's Inside Story.
>>
>>332304362
There's 2 platformer series.
>>
>>332310014

That, and all the Luigi moments.

>"Big bro is so cool..."
>"Wait for me, bro!..."
>"I wish I was brave like big bro..."

Fucking weegee man. Love him.
>>
>OP makes up bullshit
>most people take him at his word instead of calling him on it

He's lying you faggots. Don't make up excuses for things that aren't happening. If anything OP is just trying to encourage fanbase wars. Fuck off OP.
>>
>>332310156

>Super Mario Bros.(Includes World, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and original 3 Bros. games plus Lost Levels)
>New Super Mario Bros.(1, 2, U)
>Mario Land(Includes 3D Land and 3D World, as well as the first 3 Mario Land games)
>>
File: Fuck if I know..png (305 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
Fuck if I know..png
305 KB, 555x555
>>332310356
Eh, I'm still not mad at M&L Fans or Paper Mario Fans. I'm a fan of both, so OP can say what he likes. Not gonna change my opinion.
>>
File: 1453361238948.jpg (29 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
1453361238948.jpg
29 KB, 571x547
Its clear that Nintendo doesnt want two samey mario rpgs running next to each other.

Maybe they should try out some other subgenres though. Maybe a grid based SRPG or something.
>>
>>332310156

there is 3 bruh

Thats not even counting Wario's games
>>
File: 1455315648151.gif (22 KB, 40x56) Image search: [Google]
1455315648151.gif
22 KB, 40x56
Mario and Luigi has shown consistent quality. It peaked with BIS, but Dream Team is still great. I haven't played PJ so I don't know much about it.

Paper Mario is a mixed bag. The first two games are undeniably great, and they had a formula that works. The next two are interesting because they changed the formula to varying degrees of success.

Super Paper Mario opted for platforming gameplay with multiple characters all with unique abilities, and the partners (pixls) were reduced to one single capability. Everything else was still there however, the Chapter progression, a big hub world, the sense of humor and fun unique characters. The first three games had, if nothing else, soul.

SS had intrresting ideas and implemented them horribly. You can read about these almoat anywhere, and Paper Mario fans will be more thab happy to vent about it. What most hurt this game was the lack of soul. Fun and unique characters were all replaced by boring generic toads, generic settings, and even generic attacks. All jump and hammer attacks use the same animations. This lack of soul is best exemplified by the fact that Mario no longer has sound effects, no more yahoo's and yaa's. They were replaced by generic jumping sounds and silence.

>TLDR: M&L brings consistent quality while Paper Mario lost its soul
>>
>>332312264
You, good sir, speak truth. Also while Paper Jam is very simple in story, it still has good gameplay, and really nicely written dialogue.

Except Starlow. Cause she's still a bitch.
>>
>>332312264
Post more animations
>>
>>332312264
>It peaked with BIS
No it didn't. That game has tons of flaws.
Both SSS and DT are superior.
>>
>>332312916
All of them have tons of flaws, even Superstar Saga.
>>
>>332312916
>No it didn't. That game has tons of flaws.
>Both SSS and DT are superior.
I like to make shit up too. We should be friends.
>>
>>332312916
this.
BIS is way too disruptive with it's touchscreen bullshit.
>>
>>332312264
>generic toads
True.
>generic settings
True.
>and even generic attacks. All jump and hammer attacks use the same animations.
Nope. The game has differents stickers with different methods to attack, aswell different animations. The game even introduces new attacks, like Fire Flower and POW Block. The variety is about the same as the older games.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Sticker_(Paper_Mario:_Sticker_Star)
>>
>>332312264
>This lack of soul is best exemplified by the fact that Mario no longer has sound effects, no more yahoo's and yaa's.
I guess that means 64 is soulless too.
>>
>>332313185
>The game even introduces new attacks, like Fire Flower and POW Block.
Fire Flowers and POW Blocks were in the first Paper Mario.
POW Blocks were necessary in the first chapter of TTYD.
>>
>>332313342
Hey man, at least 64 had that sweet ass spin sound effect.
>>
>>332313085
>stylo gimmicks everywhere
>every 30 minutes the game stops and forces you into some inane terrible minigame to stimulate Bowser's body
>lazy level design, in most cases they didn't even bother scattering the attack pieces around and just gave you 5 at a time
>2D sections are pointless and don't have unique combat and abilities unlike in DT
>Bowser's combat is extremely easy and shallow
>very little interaction between Bowser and the bros during combat, a missed opportunity
>boring unimaginative overworld for the standards of the series (until PJ happened)
It's still a fine game but overrated as hell.
>>
>>332313342
>I guess that means 64 is soulless too.
No, because it had all the other things I mentioned earlier that SS doesnt. The sound effects were the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.
>>
>>332302220
I love both of them and I'll admit I'm extremely salty that PM got the boot, especially since M&L releases have been consistent series-wise and date-wise and PM hasn't gotten that treatment.
I should've known good things wouldn't last forever.
>>
>>332313350
I forgot them. Sorry.
>>
>>332313342
Are you implying that there are no yahoos and ya's in 64?
>>
>>332313342
Are you implying that 64 didn't have yahoos and ya's in it?
>>
>>332313342
Shit I just realized you were referring to Paper Mario 64, not Super Mario 64.
>>
>>332314920
>>332315034
>>332315278
Samefag
>>
I like both. But I'm not gonna blame M&L for the shitty Paper Mario games we're getting. If anyone's at fault, it's IS for following Miyamoto's advice to a T.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.