[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Nintendo Controller.jpg (20 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Controller.jpg
20 KB, 450x338
So this is my first Nintendo handheld since the Advance SP. What are some good games for this system?

I plan on going out later and buying Pokemon Omega Rudy or what ever the fuck it is called. Would hold out for Sun, but that is in December or much later this year.

Is the FFT for this system any good? I dumped a lot of hours into the GBA one, but the rules were kinda dumb.

Are there any XCOM like games?
>>
>>332287968
>"So I bought this console before making any research on what games exist on this very platform, I'm literally retarded help me /v/"
>>
>>332287968
ORAS are trash, wait for Sun and Moon

Get a big MicroSD and cfw it
>>
File: 1458378249832.jpg (4 MB, 1497x5600) Image search: [Google]
1458378249832.jpg
4 MB, 1497x5600
>>332287968
>and buying
First of all, 3DS can be softmodded now, unless you're on the latest firmware. Or maybe even if you are, check /hbg/.
Also, honestly if you want recommendations, just check the v's recommended wiki or use this.
>>
>>332287968
All the Shin Megami Tensei games
All the Etrian Odyssey games
Return to Popolocrois
Rune Factory 4
Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Also don't listen to piratefags, support the devs.
>>
>>332288308
Trash? Well that sucks :(

>>332288459
Heard nothing but good things about Shin Megami. Gonna check it out.
>>
>>332288840
SMT IV isn't really my favorite SMT game but it's okay
SMT Devil Survivor 1 and 2 are DS ports with added content, they're SRPGS and are really good
Soul Hackers is a port of I believe a gensis game, so it might feel a little dated, but it's still a pretty good game.

It's a DS game but the 3ds can play DS games, SMT Strange Journey is also really good. Like one of the best SMT games.
>>
Codename S.T.E.A.M. is mildly similar to XCOM, but its aesthetic is a little off-putting for some. Don't have to worry about it being too easy, at least, collecting everything on some maps can be a bitch.

Really if like RPGs of all types you have plenty of stuff to choose, from SRPGs like Devil Survivor to first-person dungeon crawling with Etrian Odyssey to the dating sim-lite Rune Factory 4.
>>
>>332287968
Code Name Steam was a nice game too
Dragon Quest Monsters series are fucking great but sadly these are japan only games

I'd recommend you buy a R4. 3DS library is basically full of Nintendo shovelwares and Atlus-Capcom sequels
>>
>>332287968
>no manlytears filename
>buying handheld in the age of phone dominated market
>>
>>332289203
Some things never change. Gonna see if I can borrow R4 from a friend, I know he has a copy.

>>332289141
I will check out some videos of CNS. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
File: Nintendo Love.jpg (96 KB, 1412x250) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Love.jpg
96 KB, 1412x250
>>332289271
No manly tears, but I have this picture
>>
The games I've played on 3DS:

Etrian odyssey is really damn good, there's a demo for EOIV that is literally the first 5 hours of the game, try it out.

Shin megami tensei IV is good, but it's the worst shin megami title. Devil survivor 1 is the best way to get into this series, it has the best setting and one of the best atmosphere I've ever seen in a videogame. Soul hackers is a really old school RPG, and as such it doesn't hold your hand AT ALL and you have to try everything by yourself.

Fire emblem fates played on lunatic classic really feels like XCOM. Actually, when I played it first I tought it was literally "xcom without guns". Don't play on a lower difficoulty.

Pokemon super mistery dungeon is the best pokemon game, or it would have been if the tutorial didn't last literally 10 hours. Still incredible gameplay and challenges.

Etrian mistery dungeon is shit. I regret buying it.

Stella glow is anime incarnate, don't play it if you can't handle it. Is pretty easy too. Wouldn't be the first reccomendation.

Rune factory requires lots of time, if you stop playing it you won't know the fuck you were doing the last time you played.

Monster hunter is simply amazing and has a 10/10 multiplayer, you simply can't have a 3DS without mon hun.

Also: install CFW, fuck nintendo and its region locking policy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.