[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (19 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
19 KB, 460x215
Is this worth playing?
>>
No

Gerold makes Donte look cuhrayzee.
>>
>>332286587
Trash. Play the classics instead.
>>
>>332286587
Don't touch it anon! It is a word from good, old taffer.

This shit is casualised for 5 years old kid with auto one click knockout, fucking fast forward teleportation as god know what, no jumping, rope arrows only in places they wanted.

And you steal mostly spoons from some random places. Forget about THIE4. FORGET ABOUT IT!
>>
Don't bother. It's shit.
>>
>>332286587
No. Its not even worth pirating.
>>
EH
>>
File: thief 4.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
thief 4.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
>>332286587

We don't talk about thiaf.
>>
Are the settings as good as the old games?
>>
>>332286587
No. It rapes just about everything that made Thief games good.
>>
Absolutely not.
>>
File: Thi4f sucks ass - by k0taku.gif (76 KB, 648x391) Image search: [Google]
Thi4f sucks ass - by k0taku.gif
76 KB, 648x391
>>332286906
No. It's literally another streamlined, casualized and hand-holding console reboot.
>>
>>332287105
>Kotaku
>>
please don't mention it, it still hurts anon
>>
I enjoyed it enough, it doesn't live upto the originals but it's got neat little mechanics here and there. If it goes cheap I would say get it. It's not amazing, it's not terrible.
>>
Those pre-release stream threads will forever be the best thing about the game.
>>
>>332287687
What for?
>>
File: krat.jpg (91 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
krat.jpg
91 KB, 960x720
>>332286587
>Is this worth playing?

Yeah, its alright. Just remember its a console game, hold X to grab on to ledge, tap Y to break window, etc.
You can do much worse, definitely an "underrated" game, as in people smashed it way harder than it deserved when it came out.
About the average mark, and in a genre where you dont have much choice in the first place.

If you've beaten the older Thief games, and the fan project, and Dishonored, and you've been playing stealthy archer in the Scrolls games, you should pick this up and give it a go.
If you havent checked these other games, go for them instead. They are better.
>>
>>332288014
It deserved every smash it got.
>>
>>332288014

Pointless reboots always deserve to be shit on, always.
>>
>>332288074
Two Worlds Two, Gothic 3, Risen 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Divinity Ego Draconis, Thief 4 - all games that got trashed on release, but I eventually got to playing during droughts and found them okay.

Inquisition is the one I am currently going through, its nowhere near as bad as /v/ makes it sound. Many problems, but playable, and enjoyable at your own pace.
>>
>>332288184
>Sequel
>Reboot
>>
>>332288962

It is. Even if you get autistic over continuity and argue that maybe it could take place after the previous games, it can be considered a reboot in every other respect.

"Thi4f" is just a meme, it's not actually a sequel, that was changed during its development hell. There's a reason the game is called "Thief" and nothing else.
>>
>>332289365
>There's a reason the game is called "Thief" and nothing else.

Yes, because the last game was a decade earlier and people dont remember.
>>
File: Sheer brilliance.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Sheer brilliance.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>332288310
A game I think got shit on too much was Watchdogs, yeah I know it wasn't anything as advertised and was buggy af, but it felt like something kinda fresh from Ubisoft and I enjoyed it
>>
It retroactively made Thief 3 good.
>>
>>332286587

Depends. Do you hate fun?
>>
Started playing Thief 2 again after a long break

God damn the bank mission is tough, trying to get into the security office is ballsack hard because of those cameras on the hallway
>>
>>332287821
Cockrings and EH
>>
Were there any references to the old City factions in this one? I heard they had scrubbed the old lore
>>
>>332286587
We are in 2016, and after all this years, i can say that Deadly shadows become a playable game.
>In missions, the loading zones were removed
>balance patches
>difficulty and AI mods
>fixed FOV and forced 1st person

Wait like 13 more years to be that shit even worth touching it, or maybe not, its not going to be fixed anyways.

Torrent or buy deadly shadows and fix it, or try "the dark mod" wich uses the quake engine, its free and its more like the 1st and the 2nd thief games.
>>
If you can get it for 5$ or lower, yes.
>>
>>332293290
no, the only reference of garret knowing anything is "robes.. robes robes are allways a bad sign"
and thats all.
No pagans
No hammers
No mechanist leftovers
No keppers with blank pages
>>
>>332291885
You can flashbang those cams, also switches, but the children are allways near them.
>>
>>332286587
Nah, heavy combat priority, awful performance, bonkers fucking AI
>>
The art direction being okay is the only redeeming factor.

>extremely linear checkpoint-broken levels
>fanfic-tier story pushed through constant cinematics
>sometimes, opening a door will trigger a cutscene after which you cannot go back to finish exploring
>contextual only rope arrows
>forced boring hub between missions
>extremely short (less than 10 missions if I remember correctly)

tl;dr No
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.