[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what actually happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png (252 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png
252 KB, 300x367
So what actually happened?
>>
>>332277409
he fucked ur mom
>>
>>332277453
Konrad or Walker?
>>
You wasted your time clicking on heads to progress to the next pretentious loading screen when you could have been doing something fun
>>
guys get sent in on recon
uncover war crimes
try to do the right thing
end up getting in deep shit
protagonist goes whackity shmackity doo and hallucinates everything
the final act and all of the endings are a dying man's fantasy
>>
>>332277409
you played a shitty generic game pretending to make fun of shitty generic games
>>
>>332277635
honestly nolan north made it worth my time
>>
It was all a dream
>>
It was all a meme
>>
Game forces you into certain actions such as murdering rebels, American soldiers and civilians by using white phosphorous and then blames for not stopping.
>>
That dream was a meme
>>
>>332277597
Jokes on you I actually had fun
>>
>>332277818
fag
>>
>>332277818
No you didn't. "Fun" is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the game is good, don't use it.
>>
>>332277771
But why was Konrad dead?

So Walker just blamed eveything on a dead fuck and tried be the hero?

What about Riggs?
>>
>>332277771
I think the idea was that he didn't follow orders and return with a report after the initial contact and instead pushed on which caused the whole shit storm.
>>
>>332277818
I had fun too.

Wasn't the greatest game mechanically. But I loved the setting and the premise.
>>
>>332277943
>>332277942
also what the fuck happened in kabul?
>>
>>332277943
>I think the idea was that he didn't follow orders and return with a report after the initial contact and instead pushed on which caused the whole shit storm.

Are you saying he crossed Spec Ops: The Line?
>>
>>332277928
Wow I bet you're popular at school.
>>
>>332277409
>Get sent to shitty desert with bad intel
>Suddenly everyone in the fucking country is shooting at me
>Shoot back to defend myself
>Anytime I encounter someone who's not shooting at me I let them live
>Never shoot civilians even though they're harassing me
>Get to the end of the game
>It's all your fault and you should feel bad for everything that happened
Fuck this game
>>
>>332278037
>school

fuck off you underage twat

go have "fun" with your homework
>>
>>332278028
Even after that pun anon, you are still a good person.
>>
File: 1349812391414.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1349812391414.jpg
465 KB, 1920x1080
>>332277409
I've seen footage: the game
>>
>>332277409
You disappointed Tron.
>>
Will anyone ever have the balls to make a game about the clusterfuck that is Syria?
>>
>>332277928
>"Fun" is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the game is good, don't use it.
Most people are too dumb to gather the words if this mentality has become so effective. It is not possible that they are fooling themselves into believing they are having fun.

I pity the /v/irgins who couldn't accept a world dominated by normalfags and their tastes and literally created this insane reasoning as a defense mechanism. Fun is never a buzzword, if you actually believe that you have been here too long and probably need to get in touch with life again.

For most it can be fun merely because shooting things and seeing them die can be gratfying, the addition of narrative elements, and a context that is immediately approachable make the experience a more justifiable and enjoyable use of time.
>>
>trying to revive my friend after a mob hung him
>hes dead
>angry mob throwing rocks and shit at me
>ok fuck this
>fire grenades into the crowd of 20-30 people
>most are killed instantly
>finish off the few that try to run
>only 5 bodies on the ground the rest have disappeared
what a pretentious load of shit
>>
>>332278460
How do you not know you are replying to bait/pasta you faggot
>>
>>332278460
Lurk more, newfag.
>>
I think only americans dislike this game, its awesome, it has the fun you can get of a generic shoter and the deepnes of a game with a good story.

>>332278460
I recomend you to manage your skin to make it thicker
>>
>>332277777
>>
>>332277771
It's too bad that the devs weren't as savvy as whomever put the 15 minute wait ending in Far Cry 4.

>>332278447
It would be like making a game about the clusterfuck Balkan war. Almost nobody knows what the fuck happened, only that shit was incredibly fucked up.

Fucked up Cold War proxy conflicts like the Angolan Civil War would be interesting, too. MGS V had the setting but fucked it up like everything else it tried doing.
>>
>>332277818
being braindead is no fun, anon
>>
>>332278636
when i killed em there were like 30
>>
>>332279140
>being braindead is no fun

don't mock it til you try it
>>
>>332279273
11b detected
>>
>>332278947
It's not "Americans' per say, it's snot-nosed life-experts who whine about what makes a "satisfying" shooting game when they've never touched a gun in their life.

I'd argue the last part is as un-American as it gets.
>>
You are konrad the entire game.

-Walker was just a soldier who got killed, looking for you.
-Konrad goes insane and becomes walker.
-Ludo and adams are two soldiers who tried to help you, but got angry with you and let you go crazy.
-You killed the 33 with phozzy.
-You killed the civilians.
-YOU FEEL LIKE A HERO YET!
>>
>>332279546
still shot konrad in the mirror scene. if it works like in fight club that kills the crazy but leaves you with all the perks.
>>
>>332279775
The narrator isnt completely "cured" after he shot himself.
>>
>>332277409
According to one of the writers, the whole game is meant to represent Walker's experience in purgatory. He's doomed to repeat the whole thing over and over without it ever making sense, hence the helicopter turret scene happening twice.
>>
>>332279998
in FC or the line? it's been a while for the former, but he seemed just PTSD'd in the latter. he'll be fiiiiiine
>>
>>332277409
Walker is in purgatory.
>>
>>332280089
Talking bout Fight Club
>>
>>332280084
>>332280115
break your cycles rimanah
>>
>>332280084
A nice little detail is how you're constantly descending in the game, yet never reaching any sort of bottom.

Geographically, you'd be well below sea level.
>>
>>332280170
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO FUCKING DO THAT.
>>
>>332280209
bullshit you go up several towers
>>
>>332280170
>>332280271
kek

>>332280276
Yeah, towers which you enter after completing descending five other towers, falling through shitloads of sand, and zip-lining down to other buildings.
The game's geometry is purposely fucked, look it up.
>>
>>332280276
You only go up one tower, at the very end of the game.
>>
>>332280084

The writers can't keep the story straight.

In one interview a writer was adamant the game had nothing to do with video games and was a more general commentary on America's "world police" mentality. Another interview had them saying it was all about how gamers love war too much and this was an attempt to make a game about war "not fun". One had them saying it's an adaptation of Heart of Darkness, another had them saying Heart of Darkness was not a significant influence on the game.
>>
anyone else just close off the bullshit of the story and give no fucks? i just started fighting for survival and fuck everyone else there. except lugo. he was based. the nigger was kind of a faggot tho.
>>
>>332280505
Well it's very clear that Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now is an influence to the story.
>>
>>332280802
Lugo blamed you for eveything, so nah, fuck that contrarian faggot
>>
>>332281138
wait, he did? i honestly didn't pay attention to their opinions, they were just backup, and lugo didn't seem to bitch as much
>>
>>332280854

I suppose superficially there are parallels between the two works but I don't think there is much of a thematic link.
>>
>>332280505
Wow, a video game with a typical development cycle consisting of many various contributors (coders, writers, designers, etc) to the development of the game who don't completely agree with each other on 100% on a single definitive central theme and don't universally repeat the exact wording when they do discuss an overarching theme or basis?

Who would have thought.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.