[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What killed the MOBA genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 12094370.jpg (245 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
12094370.jpg
245 KB, 600x356
What killed the MOBA genre?
>>
The fact that there isn't an FPS moba yet.
>>
>>332276775
there have been. of course no one is going to remember them because how badly they have failed. I do remember totalbiscuit reviewing one dota styled fps game though.
>>
>>332276967
Super Monday Night Combat?

I remember playing it and thinking it was quite good, but I don't remember what killed it.
>>
>>332277074
yeah thats the one
>>
It became mainstream.
>>
File: 1457205743894.gif (2 MB, 369x266) Image search: [Google]
1457205743894.gif
2 MB, 369x266
League and Dota are thriving. If you mean what killed it for people who don't like them it would have to be the communities
>>
>>332277074
SMNC failed because it took the formula that made the original fun (quick matches and the feeling of playing a regular shooter with a twist) and took a dump on it, trying to reach the MOBA audience. It also didn't help that the community was full of nuthuggers who refused to see the game's faults and would be openly shitty to critics and new players, then complained about a lack of player base.
>>
The toxic crybabies and kids. Every single Yasuo, Katarina and Zed i meet are just toxic fucktards who go full feed mode when you gank their asses twice. Every second ADC i support will dive straight into the team and after i use every single spell to get them out he doest it again and dies even after winning the laning phase. People dont use their brains anymore in those games they just do because Mah UTUBER DID DIS AND U SHIT U SUX FUCK U CANCER LOLOLOLO REPORT I TROLL
>>
>>332276775
Overwatch is trying to fill that niche I think.
>>
>>332278815
Dead on arrival game. I'd eat a show if it even manages to get 200,000 userbase.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.