[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought the trilogy and I'm gonna start the first one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
Just bought the trilogy and I'm gonna start the first one tonight. What am I in for?

Xeno thread, I guess.
>>
>>332256974
These threads are always just asking for spoilers
>>
The original Xenosaga does a lot right, and also has some significant flaws. I love the game, but it's extremely slow-paced and really requires some patience.

If you enjoy it and get through it, you can look forward to being disappointed with Xenosaga 2 like everyone else.
>>
>>332257219
yeah but then he can play 3 and be super fucking happy.
>>
Watched my older brother play this game a lot, never tried it myself
>>
its a very long game and you continue your save thru the games
its best to explore as much as possible for all the loot you can

its been years since i played but the next games change art styles somewhat which can be super annoying
also it might change the gameplay i think, i cant recall
>>
I started playing the first one and it felt like it just went on and on with no end in sight. I don't even remember how long I ended up playing, and I don't remember a single thing that happened in the game.
>>
>>332256974
1: Slow, but solid if it's the kind of thing you like

2: Skip this and watch the scenes online

3: I think it's the best in the series but I'm a sucker for giant Mechs, generally considered to be good/passable though.
>>
>>332256974
I am the only one that see how xenosaga 3 is about a girl in her PMS not listening why she is wrong and blaming her friends for how stupid she is.
>>
>>332257219
>>332257332
Well, I bought all three because I plan on playing all three. I'm already aware of how people regard Ep.II.
>>
>>332256974
Only the first one is directed by Takahashi, plus Bamco really put the squeeze on the budget after that.

If you love the first though, plow through the awful second one because episode 3 is great in its own way. Very satisfying ending.
>>
>>332257807
You say that now, but I love 1/3 and I didn't make it past the second battle in 2.
>>
WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE GAMES NOT ON PSN FUCK YOU NAMCO
>>
>>332258553
I'll try to make it worth the $75.

>>332258582
These and the .hack games need to be on PSN badly.
>>
>>332256974
Got interested in this from seeing KOS-MOS in Project X Zone.

Was thinking of trying it, but I can't find it for cheap anywhere.

Anyone know if they emulate well?
>>
>>332256974
get tons of popcorn for the first game.
for the second game.... rush through it, shitty gameplay
Have a blast with the 3rd game and enjoy the ending.
>>
File: 1415515884173.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1415515884173.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
You're going to be watching it more than playing it bud.

1s and the 3rd are best. 2nd is..meh.

What the fuck were they thinking changing the designs from the 1st to the 2nd? 2anime or some shit?
>>
>>332256974
xenocard is best mini-game
>>
>>332256974
>What am I in for?

Fuck off.
>>
>>332260824
>Got interested in this from seeing KOS-MOS in Project X Zone.

Same.

>>332260986
I already had my dry roasted peanuts ready to go. I'm liking it so far. Shion's a qt and I just beat the first boss, I guess.

>>332261347
Thanks for the input. Truly appreciated.
>>
>/v/ tells me xenosage 2 has the worst gameplay
>it actually has the best and is not mindless autoattacking like the other 2

>>332256974
also don't play 1 when other people are around unless they already know you're a pedo. momo has a panty shot every 10 seconds.
>>
I beat Episode I two weeks ago. I thought it was a terrible game overall. It has good graphics and character models (they weren't the best for its time, but they're not bad). Music-wise, it must be one of Mitsuda's weakest scores, but it's still great. The battle system is ass. It's just terrible. It feels like a freaking movie even in battles, the attack animations are so long, there's no way to skip them, and the battles end up being soooo long you just want to escape from them all. The AWGS are shit unless you have the money to tune them up (protip: don't fuck up the emails like I did). There's tons of filler here and there, whole dungeons that feel out of place and just there to add play time. It's a bloated experience all the way through and there's nothing redeeming about it. I mean, sure, the plot is amazing and it sets the stage fantastically, but it's not enough to carry the whole game. It took me 35 hours to beat it and I don't think it was worth it, watch the cutscenes on youtube and you'll get a much better experience.

I played 10 hours of Episode II and I watched the rest of it on youtube. If 1 was terrible, 2 is dog-shit. It's THAT bad.
>>
>>332261478
if by best you mean, having to treat every random battle like a boss fight and having to perform combos to try and defeat random enemies, then yeah it was the best.

I certainly didnt enjoy how the battles paced slowed down in 2 and that you had to memorize combos in order to do good damage to random encounter enemies.
>>
>>332256974

My favorite one
>>
>>332261478
But the normal encounters in Episode II take way too long, even with optimal characters and combos. And the best strategy is almost always STOCKx3 on all your characters before attacking. IF ONLY normal encounters had had less HP or the game had a Brave/Default system for the Stock it would have been MUCH better. As it stands, it's a great "system" that just doesn't work with the enemies in the game.

>>332261637
Anon, pls, literally every character could learn the Memory skill, you didn't need to memorize anything.
>>
>>332261493
I do see what you mean when you say the battles are slow. Not too crazy about the music either (although the track that plays during the training sequence is bretty gud). I am enjoying it right now, but I've only started about an hour ago.

If it only took you 35 hours, I *think* I can handle the slow pace.
>>
>>332262065
well my main complain is basically having to charge stockx3 with all your characters before you can start your combo thus making every fight innecesarily long
>>
>>332256974
imagine yourself touching momo. Then wait 50 hours. xenosaga 1 fin.

imagine all the characters you looked at in part 1 got run through some freakish bratz doll converter and look wildly different from the first game, except i guess jin who is a fucking badass. Enjoy the combat as it slowly saps your life force away because every random encounter will take like 5+ minutes due to the need to "down" foes and hit weaknesses.
The storyline continues to remain interesting and theres some great character development and some cutscenes that are literally jaw dropping sometimes (probably where the money went instead of gameplay)

3: The idiot savant of the trilogy, someone radically alters the game to be playable AND enjoyable, introduces incredibly fucking music and uses magic to dust off GEARs so that they are actually fun to fucking use and dont suck dick!

3 was probably made under thread of physical violence or something because they fixed fucking everything, other than running out of the budget to create the "planned" 6 games. It still owns even tho the plotlines are now flying past you at warp speed, or the speed of a japanese man leaving the top of his office building after xenogears 2.

1: 5 or 6 (being extremely generous) /10
2: www.youtube.com
3: 9 /10 out of principle for the guy who managed to kill off the people from the above 2 games and make the gameplay not suck fat shit while maintaining the badass cutscenes the first 2 had.
>>
I've had the trilogy for years and have started Xenosaga 1 probably about 5 times but never beat it. Never even touched the other 2 games. One of these days
>>
Wasnt there a rumor of this series getting an HD Uprezz at some point?
>>
>>332262220

I had to struggle my way through EP II with that gameplay. I did beat the game eventually but I didn't bother with the post game stuff.
>>
>>332262462
I think that was just some petition that didn't lift off the ground.
>>
>>332262462
imagine all 3 xenosagas in 1 game with X3 gameplay.

would buy day one
>>
>>332262414
i grinded shions AE and just went thru the shitty areas using it over and over again, at least the cutscenes were mostly good unless they involve allen the cuck. if you really want a laff summon a AWGS (i guess some autistic proto gear) it fucking blows and theres no reason to use it ever. there is this one part where this dude goes full batshit insane and turns into a boyhorror boss, that part fucking ruled.
>>
>>332262471
I started using "gears" since they only had one attack near the end of the game to get exp. its the only way to get good exp and retain sanity. just use its one pathetic cuck punch over and over, no need to worry about knockdowns at least.
>>
>>332262462
There were talks of it, but Namco said it'd be too expensive to pull off and not worth it at all IIRC
>>
Sooooo, is that fan translation of the DS game kill or what?
>>
>>332263749

The guy is probably just slowly working on it. More focused on DQM 1&2 I guess?
>>
>>332263749
I heard it was shit tho
>>
File: 1320379090605.jpg (15 KB, 340x269) Image search: [Google]
1320379090605.jpg
15 KB, 340x269
>not on PSN
>no HD collection
>same for all .Hack games
My friend just spent 60 dollars on GU 2/3.
>>
Kos-mos for smash 5

you'll get this in every xeno thread when i'm around, im sorry sempai's.
>>
long ass cut scenes
visual style that changes in every game
shion is a dumb slut
shitty censorship

remember to steal the commander crest item from some boss, I forget which one

>>332257193
I don't even remember the plot to spoil, other than chaos being jesus or something
>>
>>332264667
>Bamcai Nando worked on Smash 4
>not even a Kos Mos Mii Gunner costume
Really Samurai? I get that a Xenogears costume would be pretty impossible even if Square Enix wasn't so anal about their franchises (see: Cloud's lack of new music) but you can't tell me you didn't think "Hey, we've got a main character from a 'Xeno' game and we're working the owners of a previous Xeno game, let's get some cross promotion up in this shit'".
>>
>>332264506
g.u. owns and i'm glad i bought all the .hacks during the ps3 599 era for wicked cheap. aces all the way down baby. the first 4 are fun in a simple way, g.u. is fun as fuck in general and the cutscenes are crazily well done. also the zone of enders fights are fun as shit.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.