[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 255x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 255x360
I've seen some, mixed, reviews about this game.
What's /v/'a general consensus on it? Is it good? Is it worse than the second game?
Also general Sly Cooper thread I guess.
>>
File: Penelope_Sly_4.png (121 KB, 290x465) Image search: [Google]
Penelope_Sly_4.png
121 KB, 290x465
fuck this
>>
File: 1459111919346.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459111919346.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>332255306
I thought it was fucking good. But Second beats it in my opinion.
>>
>>332255306
2>1>>3>shit>4
>>
>>332255306
Without a doubt the weirdest game of the series in terms of pacing. I mean, did anybody expect the pirate chapter? - and for those who could, did you expect an entire segment on commandeering a galleon and sinking other ships on the high seas? Wasn't this a stealth game? What the fuck is going on? Why is this part so fun?

Not as great as Sly 2, and certainly not as innovative as it, but is still a heck of a lot of fun. Seems like it was intended to be the series' finale, too
>>
Sly 2 > Sly 3 > Sly > Sly 4
2 was best overall. 3 was best to dick around in (fun levels to roam, Using the rocket boosters on Bentleys wheelchair) and had some really good levels. First sly was just alright, fourth was dogshit
>>
>>332255306
It was kind of all over the place. They got rid of collectible bottles, but replaced it with awful minigames, and there were entirely too many missions where you don't play as Sly. I also remember the boss battles being crappy, but it's been a while.
>>
File: 1453650082822.gif (3 MB, 296x370) Image search: [Google]
1453650082822.gif
3 MB, 296x370
>>332255306
The first is a classic, the second one is the best mainly because it was innovative and changed a lot of shit from the first, the third is pretty solid. The third did not change THAT much compared to the second, but if you enjoyed the second game you will most definitely enjoy this.
4 is the worst one
>>
>>332255906
Funny, I've heard people say that the Pirate mission was one of the worst parts in the game, if not the series.
>>
>>332256347
When I was a kid, I thought it was pretty fun, aside from the part when you had to talk like a pirate or some shit.
>>
>>332255480
FUCK this
>>
>>332256507
Yea fuck those parts i still remember how i somehow couldn't beat them even when they seem far too easy these days.

The flight stages werent too bad either, i have a lot of fond memories for that game.
>>
>>332255480
Some day I will edit the ME3 rage pasta and apply it to this character.
>>
File: miffed.jpg (40 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
miffed.jpg
40 KB, 600x426
Clockwerk is still the best villain in the series, prove me wrong.
Also Memetri is overrated.
>>
>>332257068
>>332255480
People who complain that this was OOC for her are retarded and didn't pay enough attention to her character before the pirate level.

Rats are gay anyway
>>
>>332257157
>Hated his arch nemesis so much he turned himself into a machine fueled by pure rage that stalked his descendants for generations.

Clockwerk was pretty Metal.
>>
>>332256347
I'm not denying that it probably was, especially considering what >>332256507 mentioned (man, that part wasn't even difficult but it was still really annoying) but in the end the galleon part was pretty fun albeit kinda really pointless when you think about it

On a different note, I really like how much Kevin Miller's voice acting improved between the first two games. Compared to Band of Thieves, his delivery feels like it lacks confidence or that he just initially didn't settle too well into his character. Thankfully, that changed by the time the sequel came along
>>
>>332257157
Did clockwerk ever return in the 4th game?
Also dimitri is the only character who really adds anything to the 3rd game, I actually like the dude because of how sleezy he is and just how much he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1280x853
>>332257550
A lot of the characters in general got better with their acting as time went on.
Shame that Carmelita had her VA changed in every, fucking, game.
My personal fanon is that she's trained her voice to speak differently to help her stay undercover for police work.
>>
>>332257552
if you look around the level with the binocucom you can see him overlooking the hub.

However his model is complete shit

>>332257849
On Carmelita's voice actresses;
4>1>3>2
>>
>>332257316
Even then it just felt like a twist for the sake of it, and the reason for her turn just feels fucking stupid.
>>
>>332257552
Clockwerk shows up in the background of several stages watching you as an easter egg, but one you'll likely never notice
>>
>>332258034
>>332258091
That's cool I guess.
Also, does Sly actually ever fucking use the laser-sliding that he gets from the 3rd game? Or what that only used once and never brought back up again?
>>
>>332258539
I played through Sly 3 on an emulator last week and let me tell you, I really didn't like the two parts including the laser slide. Something about the overuse of those laser entities did a number on PCSX2 to the point that it actually ran faster in software mode over hardware mode, but at most it could only go around 75% speed.

In retrospect, the mechanic seems kinda useless and almost exactly the same as the rail side. Sly's dad really was a failure
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
>>332259434
>Your dad makes possibly one of the most useful power a thief could ever use
>Still fucking worthless compared to the shit you get in the first game
>>
Sly 2 was great, but you couldn't replay missions, you'd have to restart the whole game

Sly 1 is the classic

Sly 3 is not as good as 2, but you can replay missions. I liked playing as a larger variety of characters as well.

Didn't play sly 4, the new character designs looked atrocious furfag shit and i never owned a ps3 or vita, but I imagine that it's the worst one
>>
>>332255306
2 will always be better.

longer, better quality and more consistent in general, better tone, better atmosphere and solid coherent story, better graphics, everything.

in 2 you were working towards something, getting the clockwerk parts. it was straight forward, the game design and level design was incredible. you keep using the mechanics you already know in new and creative ways and sometimes you get new abilities. plus it had the absolute GOAT snow level and 10/10 music.

3 is also very good, but seems less focused, less polished. the graphics are too colorful, it's too short, the game is all over the place in terms of what you do in-game, it's mostly just one-off skills that you can't ever do again. not to say it isn't cool and that there aren't memorable sections, in fact, there are A LOT of good things about sly 3, but it couldn't really have been as good as 2. maybe it could come closer if it was longer and less randumb.
>>
>>332255306
It's definitely not as fun as the 2nd, but I wouldn't say it's bad. It's definitely good, just not as great as the first two.

Sly 4 I can agree with being garbage. Best avoid that game.
>>
>>332255306
>Is it good?
I guess?
>Is it worse than the second game?
Yes, by a noticeable degree.

Sly 3 is bogged down by a boring, episodic plot with unconnected villains, a fucking party game's worth of gimmicks and minigames, all of which are half-baked, and empty hub worlds that offer no incentive or reward for exploration.

>>332255864
>>332255979
>>332256074
>>332260647
You are all wrong. Play them again, 3 is the unequivocal worst.

4 is literally Sly 2: Not Quite as Good Edition.
>>
>>332260604
At the very least, I think we can all agree it was cool that Murray and Bentley could pickpocket enemies.
>>
>>332261034
That, replaying missions and automatically cashing in loot were the ONLY good things about Sly 3.
>>
>>332255306
It's the worst game in the series and people who bitch about the Penelope reveal in 4 are idiots. she was never some great character and 4 actually gave her some personality.
>>
>>332260920
absolute garbage movement, controls, story, open-world. it's exactly what it is, a fucking fan-fic made by fanboy idiots

sly 2 is one of the best games ever imo because of just how tight the controls are, how consistent the world is, the story, gameplay, aesthetic, music, absolute masterpiece.

4 is non-canon cancer
>>
>>332255306
I love all 4 sly games
2 is my favorite
>>
>>332255306
2>4>1>3
There is nothing good about Sly 3
>>
>>332261124
>introduced by masquerading as a villain to achieve her own goals as a thief
>attempts to uppercut Sly off the wing of a plane in some kind of "test" of his worthiness as a thief(?)
>flip-flops between Sly and Bentley on a whim
>people are surprised when she turns on them for what she sees as a better opportunity
Seriously, her whole thing in Sly 3 was "I'll only join you if I think it's worth it." She's a total opportunist, Sly 4 kept her totally in character.

>>332261226
It moves and controls like Sly 2.
The story is alright. Not amazing, but serviceable.
The open world is great, detailed, and fucking FULL of collectibles (some of which are really well hidden), unlike a certain other game.

Sly 4's only real issues are the framerate in certain areas and the long loading times.
Everything else was good. Great, even.
>>
>>332261445
yeah fuck off sanzaru employee, comparing sly 2 to sly 4's movement and controls is like comparing the sky to the earth. sly 2's is snappy and stylish and responsive. sly 4's is a mess, and the wobbly camera makes it even worse. plus sly 2 is 60fps and sly 4 is 30fps.

the open world is absolute garbage, yeah it's "big" and has collectibles, that doesn't make it a well designed level. do you even into game design?

i've seen better fan-fic stories that the 4 fan-fic story
>>
>>332261857
>sly 2's is snappy and stylish and responsive.
I literally just replayed Sly 2 a couple weeks back, Sly has always been floaty and kind of slow. He was like that in Sly 1 and 3 as well. Sly 4 controls no differently.

>that doesn't make it a well designed level
I'm sorry, what about it was poorly designed? The clear pathing to objectives?
The natural placement of guards allowing the player to find them before they find you?
The abundance of elevations and thief routes to give you many ways to move?
The hidden areas you have to actively search for in order to find treasure (not even Sly 2 had this)?
The bottle placement which not only challenged your location skills, but your platforming skills as well?

Sly 4's hubs are by far the most content-dense and satisfying of the whole series. Honestly, (aside from the framerate in 40 Thieves), probably the game's greatest strength.

>fuck off sanzaru employee
I get the feeling you wouldn't be calling me a Sucker Punch shill if they had made the same game.
>>
so when do people start posting naked cop fox, shouldn't be too long now.
>>
>>332261857
fuck off retard
>>
Are there any other video games where you could actually control a paraplegic and it felt natural? I felt like Sly 3 was a real first in that area. I'm surprised it's not brought up more.
>>
>>332262354
i also replayed 2 AND 3 a couple of months back, it was way better than 4.

i actually can't believe you're still comparing the two
>I get the feeling you wouldn't be calling me a Sucker Punch shill if they had made the same game.
Sucker Punch is talented.
Look at the Infamous second son movement and controls, absolutely godly and one of the team's greatest strengths, altough i wish smoke was the only power and that they concentrated more on that.

in sly 2, you move slowly on purpose, but it's responsive, every step is controlled by you, and the auto-targeting is fantastic, and keeps you rotating around enemies, when you jump or double jump it's instantly responsive and also when you snap to something, either with a spire jump or a rope or something. sly 4 tries to emulate it but fails, even something as simple as jumping is just not as responsive and looks awful too.

the maps are just an incoherent mess in 4
> The clear pathing to objectives
>The natural placement of guards allowing the player to find them before they find you
The abundance of elevations and thief routes to give you many ways to move
>The hidden areas you have to actively search for in order to find treasure (not even Sly 2 had this)
>The bottle placement which not only challenged your location skills, but your platforming skills as well
none of this is refined or complex, also no distinctive visual cues, no clear map definition, just a big mess. and they had a fucking radar too. there is no comparison between the 2 dev teams. seriously, fucking japs in the 80's developing for the NES were infinitely more talented than sanzaru.
>>
>>332263525
>none of this is refined or complex,
Wow it's almost like it was their first time
>fucking japs in the 80's developing for the NES were infinitely more talented than sanzaru.
Wow it's almost like they don't have much experience

>even something as simple as jumping is just not as responsive and looks awful too.
I can honestly say in all the time I've spent with this series, this has never once occurred to me.

In fact, I found Sly 3 to be the least-responsive game, though this could in part be due to the metric fuckton of lazy minigames and gimmicks thrown in there.

Sly 3 lacked a lot of polish.

When I picked up Sly 4 for the first time, I felt right at home. It was like I was playing Sly 2 for the first time again. Everything felt right, and continued to feel right all the way through Platinum and a second playthrough, even after I'd gone back to the older games and run through them again.

Sly 4 is more than I could have ever hoped for from a dev other than SP, and I have no qualms with slotting it next to the original trilogy. It fits in perfectly.

If Sly 4 was Sanzaru's Sly 1, I can't be more excited for their Sly 2.
>>
>>332261857
please explain in more detail how Sly 4's controls are a "mess"

I remember hearing this shit from as far back as the demo being released and I never thought it felt any different than the rest of the games
>>
>>332264882
>Wow it's almost like it was their first time
>Wow it's almost like they don't have much experience
You're the one comparing to SP's intellectual property and 3 games to sanzaru's 1 fan-fic stab at it

I was excited for 4, way more than probably anyone else because i had played the other games as a kid and wasn't a fucking youtuber that was like "yeah so this game is coming out so i guess i'm gonna play the previous versions". The disappointment was tremendous, and initially I kept trying to think "no, this is fine! this is totally like the other games!" but it's not, it's not at all and it could never be because it's not SP and it's not even a different GOOD team.

sly 3 was very unfocused and unpolished and i said that too in my original post here >>332260604

>>332265184
i can't really eloquently convey it, but it's different. the camera wobble, the animation cycles, the snapping auto-targeting to interactive items and enemies, the tolerances for camera centering and smoothing or whatever, it's just not good.

it's like comparing a mario game to an early mario clone
>>
>>332265572
>but it's not, it's not at all
As someone who also grew up with Sly, I have to call you a nostalgiafag on this one because you're completely wrong.

>the camera wobble
What do you even mean? Far as I can remember the camera doesn't "wobble," and it's also exactly the same as the past three games, like everything else about the control.
>the animation cycles
The animations were great, one of the first things I noticed in the game.
>the snapping auto-targeting
I assume you mean the blue sparkles?
Yeah that, that felt the same too.

I really can't see where you're coming from with your complaints, at all. I've played the PS2 games exhaustively. I don't know how many times I've completed Sly 2. 10? 15 times?
I feel like I would easily be able to feel even a slight difference when I play Sly 4, but aside from its occasional slowdowns, there really isn't anything different.

I mean shit, Sanzaru ported the Sly Collection, it only makes sense that they have an idea of how the game is meant to feel.
>>
Sly 2 is better than 3, but 3 is alright.

None of the levels were ever as good as Sly 2's Paris or the Indian Palace though.
>>
>>332266262
> I have to call you a nostalgiafag
ignore the fact i recently replayed 2 & 3

>I assume you mean the blue sparkles?
obviously you really don't know anything about game design. i mean when in proximity to an enemy how there's an auto-targeting on the enemy and the movement style is changed, and also as far as "snapping" and responsiveness goes, yes, also interaction with the environment. the animations are too slow and non-responsive. you couldn't possibly have the same tightness in control and levels as in 2, which also why the maps in 4 are just a blob and the game is easy as fuck. everything in 2 had a purpose. i still remember having trouble in some parts of 2 (outside of mini-games, i mean, where it's pure gameplay), can't say the same about 4.

sly 2 is a masterpiece.
sly 4 is a travesty.
i'm out.
>>
>>332266950
>sly 4 is a travesty.
You can't be serious.

Even with all the flaws that it DOES have (read: none of the shit you actually complained about), it's far from a travesty.

It is mediocre at the very, very worst.

>the game is easy as fuck
So were the other three.
>i still remember having trouble in some parts of 2
Well you're probably bad. Sly 2 is not a hard game. Probably the most challenging part of the game is Murray vs Rajan, which still isn't that difficult at all.
>>
>>332257157
Clockwerk is the DIO of the sly universe
>>
>>332257316

How crazy would it be if penelope was the one who made clockwerk metal?
>>
>>332268460
Ayy nigga don't steal my theory
>>
>All these faggots saying not to play 4 when they didnt even play it just because they didnt like the character redisign.

Its a platformer game, judge it for its gameplay morons.

2>4>3>1
>>
File: feelin' pretty wah.jpg (35 KB, 296x285) Image search: [Google]
feelin' pretty wah.jpg
35 KB, 296x285
>people are finally warming up to Sly 3 after how awful Thieves in Time was

I've been waiting a loooong time for this.
>>
>>332270006
>implying
Outside of this thread, it seems more like the other way around.

Because Sly 3 was truly terrible, and Sly 4 is just mildly flawed.
>>
>>332270006

4 will always be better than 3.

4 is a stinking sack of shit, but 3 is a stinking sack of aborted babies.
>>
>>332270054
Feel how you wanna feel, buckaroonie, I remember the mild hype I had for Thieves in Time, so much that I played through all the games again and only got halfway through 3 before I picked up Thieves in Time.

Going back to finish up 3 after that was a breath of fresh air. You never know how much you miss Bentley and Murray actually being relevant to the plot until you don't have it.
>>
So is Sly 3 sort of like the Metal Gear Solid 2 of its respective series, or is that a bad analogy?
>>
>>332270334
MGS2 was fantastic.

Sly 3 is more like
Like do you see the complaints about Year of the Dragon in Spyro threads?
Sly 3 is like that if it were actually true.

>>332270310
Bentley and Murray were relevant in Sly 3?
I mean... maybe? They have their moments but overall are outshone by all the other members, and Sly naturally.

Like, what's Murray's significance? He does some shit in the first chapter but after that he's just kind "the muscle" and not much else.
Bentley gets to save Penelope, but she steals like half of his gameplay in return.

And that's kind of it. I don't even remember what they do in the finale. Is Murray even playable in that chapter?
>>
>>332270334
It's hard to make comparisons really.
It's like any of the other Sony platformers, first is basic, second builds on that and improves everything, third has maybe a little too much going on and suffers for it.
Crash, Spyro, Jak, Sly, they all got that going on. Ratchet and Clank dodged that bullet, actually, it also avoided having its forth main series game being garbage from a nobody developer that's better off forgotten.
>>
Aw, come on guys, Sly 2 had some downfalls too. The camera tends to stuck in physical objects making it impossible to rotate it (and sometimes it's not even following a character right). Snapping to the hooks also didn't work sometimes making some jumps into literal leaps of faith. Also, having the two gothic-themed hubs in a row felt boring as hell.
>>
>>332255306
3 is the R&C2 of the series.
That is it is often praised by nostalgiafags but is actually one of the worst entries in the series.
These same people also have a tendency to hate on 4 when 3 is the one that is the most different, had the most gimmicky shit, cut out shit like bottles and more.

So basically
>1
Good platformer, but a little dated. The most linear and basic of the series.
>2
A classic. Most people will agree that it is the best in the series.
>3
A big step back from 2, but still an ok game.
>4
Back to from again and is on par with 2.
>>
Still worth playing it now? Thinking about emulating the second one.
>>
>>332270627
>Ratchet and Clank dodged that bullet, actually
They just mixed it up. Going Commando had like seven different types of games going on.

>>332270674
>Back to from again and is on par with 2.
I love 4 but I wouldn't put it as 2's equal. More like an understudy.
>>
>>332270642
>Also, having the two gothic-themed hubs in a row felt boring as hell.
I liked both of them except for the Tank controls on the second Prague. Did anyone else really dislike the Arpeggio blimp level?
>>
>>332270310
>You never know how much you miss Bentley and Murray actually being relevant to the plot until you don't have it.

They were more irrelevant there, even in gameplay since you had to collect all the gimmick allies.
>>
>>332270832
They had more than a mission a piece per world and did story stuff, that's pretty relevant to me.
>>
Maybe my analogy wasn't that good after all. What I meant by "Sly 3 is the Metal Gear Solid 2 of its respective series" was not necessarily a comparison of how good or bad the two games were, but more the audiences' responses to them. I often see MGS2 get criticized for having a weak storyline, doing too much at once, creating a ham-fisted vibe due to the previous fact, and overall just jumping the shark several times, polarizing the audience in the process. From here, a few parallels can be drawn between MGS2 and S3, especially in the sense of jumping the shark. Seriously, what the fuck is the purpose of that galleon part?
>>
>>332271327
The purpose of the pirate ship stuff was to be fucking rad, because it was fucking rad.
>>
>>332271589
>slowly meandering across a boring map screen
>slowly moving into position to take out enemy ships in a single volley

I will literally never understand how people enjoyed that. Surely the pirate aesthetic wasn't enough to cloak how tedious and boring the ship was, right?
>>
>>332271938
Well yeah it was slow, it's goddamn PIRATE SHIPS they're not exactly quick. Even so, it was just stupidly satisfying to smash up enemy ships, scuttle two of them and board the last one to take out its captain for loads of treasure.

It could've used polish, sure, but it was some of the best pirate ship gameplay I've ever experienced. Damn shame it didn't reappear in Thieves in Time, there's a member of the Cooper Clan whose whole deal was bein' a pirate, and they just skipped right over her.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 353x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 353x342
>Sly Cooper movie is supposedly coming out this year.

I know this had probably been said already too but
>They got Bently and Murray's original VAs
>But not Sly's
Why?
>>
>>332272149
I found it really boring, and completely out of left field for a Sly game.

I wanted it to be over as quickly as possible. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of pirates, but goddamn, I really don't think that would help.
>>
>>332272271
>>Sly Cooper movie is supposedly coming out this year.

I doubt it.
I think they want to test things out a bit with Ratchet & Clank first.
>>
>>332261857

Sly 4 is 60 fps unless you played on Vita you mong. The physics are just different, and they're fine after a mission or two. Actually replay the game and notice the wonderful world and level design of Japan and the Old West.

Sly 4 isn't perfect, but its much better than you give it credit for.
>>
>>332272318
It's out of left field for the gameplay, sure, but thematically?
Piracy is big-time thievery, even if that style is a few centuries out of date, it felt appropriate and it only lasted a little while, you only had to get into a few fights anyway.
>>
>>332272271

Its purely a business-related decision. Having a "name" in your movie gets more people to notice/watch it. With that in mind, I'm surprised the other two kept their voices.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x131
>>332272392
I just hope it's bit gone into the abyss, despite the sudden design changes, I'm optimistic about this movie.
As long as they base it on the first game it should be fine.
I'm sure Clockwerk would look fucking amazing in this movie.
>>
>>332272271
It could be anything. Perhaps Miller is having issues with his contract and couldn't be supplied for the movie, or maybe he just turned down the offer altogether after seeing the script. I'd even go so far as to say that it's not far-fetched the studio couldn't even reach him at all, because Valve is barely able to get their voice actors back for additional work after the initial game is completed. Examples of this include Jim French being completely absent from the Crash Course DLC of Left 4 Dead and Grant Goodeve being replaced by Nolan North in the 'Expiration Date' short.
>>
>>332272601
I doubt they'd change the VA of the protag for that when the R&C movie didn't and they have room to get recognizable actors to voiceact other characters (prime example being Carmelita that has changed VA the most in the entire series).
If they changed out Sly but kept the others then it would be for a seperate reason.
>>
>>332272601
Maybe the VAs for Bentley and Murray actually enjoyed doing their voices, who knows.
>>332272671
True, it just bothers me honestly. But maybe the New VA will be entertaining.
>>
>>332272527
Except pirates are barbaric thieves who steal via pillage and plunder. Even Caveman Cooper had more finesse than that.

In the modern era, that shit isn't thievery.
For Sly, it's totally out of character.

More than anything though, it just feels like another thing SP looked at on the design board and said "fuck it, why not?"
Sly 3's full of things that feel that way but the whole pirate minigame is the icing on the cake when it comes to "how did this happen?"
>>
>>332255306

The heists were a step up from 2, as were the depth of many of the missions, but its the only Sly game without bottles, vaults, and just general collectibles in the worlds. Also some of the one-off minigames are just bad. A great game nonetheless and definitely worth playing if you liked 2. It has the best opening level in the series, and the best ending.
>>
File: 1393317723105.jpg (8 KB, 276x277) Image search: [Google]
1393317723105.jpg
8 KB, 276x277
>>332273154
>The heists were a step up from 2, as were the depth of many of the missions
>>
>>332273272

The average Sly 2 mission:
>run around the world and do a thing at each waypoint, or go down this hallway and do thing
>mission is done

Sly 3:
>do a thing
>do another thing
>do a third thing we didn't see coming
>mission is done

More depth.
>>
>>332272790
>the whole pirate minigame is the icing on the cake when it comes to "how did this happen?"
No joke, the first time I got to that point, I thought to myself, "What?" which was soon followed by "What?". I could not understand how this could be the same game I was playing just a few hours ago. Wasn't this a stealth game? The boss battle against a 200 foot-tall woman, bar fight, dogfights, fistfight on a wing of a moving airplane, and boss fight with a dragon all seemed to fly under my radar at first, but once it came to the point where I was the captain of a galleon, I finally asked myself what the hell was going on in this game
>>
>>332273427
More like

Sly 2:
>use your character to effectively traverse the world and accomplish an objective pertaining to their skills

Sly 3:
>do some bullshit gimmick or minigame
Use your bounce ball attack to break these objects!
Use the Guru to ram kangaroos into oil rigs!
Use this cannon boat to destroy other boats!
Pilot a pirate ship!
Use shittier versions of the RC chopper and car!
Mash R1 as Carmelita because she only exists for two missions so there's no reason to flesh out her control!
Use Panda King's fireworks to destroy grave stones!
Use a costume and play an un-failable minigame pretending to be Italian!
Do it again, but in a pirate accent!
Play as Dimitri in the worst part of the entire fucking series!
Climb giantess Carmelita to smack a mask off her face!
Drive a giant vehicle around to squish crabs or fucking whatever that mission was!
Feed your enemies to the gators!
Use the grapple-cam to guide a blinded NPC to the destination!

And that's all there fucking is to those missions.

I can't think of a single mission from Sly 3 that exemplifies what you're saying.
>>
I know story shouldn't be important for a game but the sly 4 was so thematically different than the previous ones and felt much more cartoony while the previous ones had some darker moments. It just didn't feel like sly anymore with the different writer. The heart was gone and it was replaced with saturday morning bullshit
>>
>>332273916

The first mission you do in the first episode. "Police HQ".

>get inside Interpol to find Murray
>go inside
>Dimitri is there instead
>convince him not to set off the cops
>now sneak around and look for a key to break him out
>got the key, now head back to Dimitri
>one minigame later, broke Dimitri out
>create a distraction so Dimitri can escape safely
>get chased by Carmelita around town
>escape that
>mission complete
>>
File: 1395540191699.png (227 KB, 411x420) Image search: [Google]
1395540191699.png
227 KB, 411x420
>>332274264
Oh right, that incredibly interesting and fun intro mission where you don't really get to do much and your primary interaction is a one-time tumbler minigame and the un-failable dialogue minigame.

Even in the very first moments of the game, it can't help but throw minigames at you.

Sly 3 surely is a masterpiece of mission design.
>>
File: 1456050162809.jpg (513 KB, 923x599) Image search: [Google]
1456050162809.jpg
513 KB, 923x599
>>332274172
>prior sly games were dark
>>
>>332272671
http://junkiemonkeys.com/teams-behind-sly-cooper-movie-respond-to-lack-of-kevin-miller/

First search on google claims he wasn't asked for the movie. So I guess it's just to have a actor name for the movie.
>>
>>332274818
The funny part is the guy who did Sly's voice for the trailer is perhaps even more of a nobody than Kevin.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 290x174
>>332273916
>Play as Dimitri in the worst part of the entire fucking series!
What? The pirate level or the underwater sections?
>>
>>332275002
The underwater shit

Holy fuck
>>
tfw sly1 emulates perfectly and sly 2 is fucking glitchy trash, fug
>>
>>332270674
i wouldnt really say theres much dated about sly 1 honestly. its easy as all fuck but it still looks great and controls perfectly, better than a lot of games today.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.