[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I skip Dark Souls 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover[1].jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover[1].jpg
56 KB, 256x369
I played the hell out of Demons Souls and Dark Souls, but I haven't played Dark Souls 2 yet, because I've been waiting for the price to go down.

Should I play Dark Souls 2 or just skip to Dark Souls 3?
>>
>>332248779
3 isn't even out yet faggot, just play 2 while waiting.
>>
>>332248779
Dark souls 2 wasn't a BAD game.
It was bad if you're directly comparing it to the other souls games, but in the grand scheme of things it was alright.
>>
ask yourself this faggot

do you wanna fit in

or do you wanna play a fucking video game
>>
>>332249261
>It was bad if you're directly comparing it to the other souls games
Even that isn't true. It improved on the previous game in every way, and had more content with higher quality overall. The only reason people shit on 2 is because 1 was their first Fromsoft game and it clouds their judgement to a degree of insanity.
>>
It's fun. You will get enjoyment of of it. It's not a complete piece of shit people make it out to be. It's alright. The first area is awful though.
>>
Alright, I'm convinced. I'm getting it
>>
>>332248779
Dark Souls 2 is a shit souls game, but not bad enough to skip.
>>
DS2 has the best PvP in the series. The PvE isnt awful either, just extremely uninspired and poorly designed. It's good for wasting a week of your time, but it is not something you will remember.
>>
>>332250586
Don't trust this faggot

I'm still thinking
>>
I feel like DSII brings a number of minor improvements to the franchise while at the same time being terrible in other aspects.

The downsides include Soul Memory, the silly durability mechanic, adaptability, completely doing away with the incredible level design of the first game that constantly folded back onto itself, some badly designed areas, the story is... weird [I want to call it filler, but it's not even that, it actually serves to make the state of the world somewhat more clear but it isn't good and doesn't advance the plot very much], and having bosses that were actually rather easy, with the exception of a couple of the DLC ones.

And the upsides... well now that I think about it most upsides are just minor UI and gameplay improvements like the ability to respec.

It is more Souls content, not as great as the first game, but more Souls content anyway, which looks impressive in places [especially some of the DLC areas, like the Old Iron King DLC].
>>
Short answer? Sure. IF the price goes down. Best deal I got was $15. Otherwise, skip.

Long answer? It's up to you whether you want to. I hear there's no continuation so skipping wouldn't hurt. Story is kinda mediocre, but the improved gameplay and DLC (SOTFS) makes up for it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.