[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has finally settled, what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Half-Life-3.png (265 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life-3.png
265 KB, 2560x1440
Now that the dust has finally settled, what went wrong?
>>
not enough content
>>
Gr8 meme :^)
>>
Valve found a way to make money by doing absolutely fucking nothing and are riding that money train as far as the line will take them.
>>
>>332230089
gaming died in the middle aughts
>>
The release took too long and all the hype was gone, barely anyone bought the game.
Plus Steam was a dying platform.
>>
>>332230409

This
>>
>>332230409
What exactly do they do at Valve nowadays besides tech support and coding new hats for TF2?
>>
>>332232013
play my little pony with gabe's boys
>>
>>332232013
TF2?
Why you think people are waiting for overwatch, Valve didn't updated TF2 for god knows how long and they confirmed no source 2 for TF2
>>
What do you mean "The dust has settled"? Did Volvo come out with an offical statement as to why this was never a thing that I missed?
>>
I think it's odd that it seemed like they were working on Episode 3, before suddenly claiming that it won't happen.

iirc the last we heard was the sign language bit:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/07/valve-researching-sign-language-for-use-in-half-life-2-episode/

Did it not live up to their expectations? Would it end up taking too much time/effort?
What the fuck happened?
>>
Everything went wrong after Valve re-wrote whole HL2 to make it child-friendly memegame. Forced shitty characters, unskippable "cutscenes", boring physics "puzzles"
But hey, everything went even deeper in shit when Ep1 came out and resurrected that whore Alyx, gave alien slaves ability to wave hands at G-man and glow purple and, basically, re-told story of HL2 for no reason.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.