[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost done with this. Love it, love the art style, love the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: ffx.jpg (128 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
ffx.jpg
128 KB, 1024x766
Almost done with this. Love it, love the art style, love the soundtrack, the combat is a lot of fun, the voice acting makes me actually care about the characters (this doesn't happen for me with video games). What next?

I'll post FFX music in the meantime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZsoPoeFQjc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6gg8pQm4fE

this is my first full playthrough of a canonical Final Fantasy game btw. The only one I had played before this was Final Fantasy Legend II on the gameboy as a child and I don't remember much other than going to a city where some guy wasn't beautiful enough to live there
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCpfQ70SqY
>>
>>332222540

>What next?

Not X-2, that's for sure. You'll ruin all the good memories you made with the first one.

Kingdom Hearts has a similar feel and was made around the same time. Tidus and Wakka even cameo in it. It's a pretty safe bet if you haven't played it.
>>
>>332222785

If you want more FF, 7-9 are all in the same vein as 10. 8 has a lot of flaws though so I'd go with one of the others.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJh253NRnAo

>>332222994
I played KH1 and 2 when they first came out and then a few times each since then. This game reminds me so much of those and I'm feeling nostalgic playing it. I'm thinking about just going through the Square Enix catalog after this. Any other games similar to these in aesthetic?

>>332223203
Thanks, I've got VII from the PS4 marketplace and IX coming in from ebay. I'm sure I'll get to VIII someday but I'm not concerned about it for now
>>
Good taste OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrtj3gCBnQ
>>
one more track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-15xE5U9BCQ
>>
>>332223371

Keep in mind the PS4 version of VII is actually the inferior PC port of the game, it doesn't quite have the same atmosphere as the original because of much simpler lighting/shadow effects.

The same goes for X though, if it was the PS4 version you played.

Also if you haven't played the other KH games there's also that. Most of them are as good as 1 and 2 if not better.

If you want something like FFX that's not just more Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, then Tales of Symphonia is a great choice from around the same time.
>>
The original ffx ost is the best. Didn't like the remaster much.
>>
>>332222540
VIII reminds me the most of X in terms of having a similar carefree vibe during a time of major crisis, with a similarly stylized art direction (though rendered in psx fidelity)

not sure if I'd recommend it though

X was really smooth in terms of its battle system, leveling, area traversal, etc, and VIII is a tad more tedious in that regard. On those terms, XIII might be a better recommendation, were it not that XIII is a retarded failure in the story and characters department

so pick your poison
>>
>he unironically likes FFX
>>
File: Auron_FFX.jpg (92 KB, 483x650) Image search: [Google]
Auron_FFX.jpg
92 KB, 483x650
>>332222540
This is your World now
>>
>>332222994
Ignore this idiot
X-2 improves on X in every way except boss themes
>>
>>332229767
X-2 a shit.

You probably like it because you dream of being a girl, like half of /v/.
>>
>>332230098
No, but I do wanna fuck Rikku so hard he eyes stop being spirals
But anyway X-2 was much better
Better story, better atmosphere, better ost outside of boss themes, better cast, better gameplay, better graphics, better animation, better voice acting, better cgi cutscenes
Pretty much everything was better
Sure I missed Lulu and Tidus but further emphasis on best girl, along with better Yuna and the pretty cool Paine were a decent tradeoff
I missed Wakka too because there's just something beautiful in killing enemies by throwing a blitzball in their face but I can't blane him for knocking up Lulu
>>
File: XD.png (154 KB, 449x283) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
154 KB, 449x283
>>332230863
>but I do wanna fuck Rikku so hard he eyes stop being spirals
>>
>>332222540

FF 7/8/9
Chrono Cross
Legend of Dragoon

Lost Odyssey on 360
>>
>>332230863
>>332229767

X-2 has literally no redeeming qualities. The music and "atmosphere" are crimes against game design and basically desecration of the original game's world, soundtrack and lore. The story is absolute garbage, as are all the character designs. In fact the designs constantly pop up in "terrible character design" threads. All the assets are reused from the first game and then reused again and again.

The entire game feels like some cheap Chinese knockoff made by interns. Hell, one of the main characters still has a background NPC model because he was a background NPC in the first game and they didn't even bother to upgrade it.
>>
OP, ignore the newfags. FFX-2 was great. As long as you don't take it seriously. All in all it is a fun game that's all about doing side quests and having fun revisiting characters. And...watching the girls change dress spheres mid fight and pausing just at the right time to see some booby action from Rikku
>>
ffx 2 shits all over the lore in ffx

it's absolutely disgusting

I want Auron back
>>
>>332230863
>better story
>>
>>332232005
>>332232604
The world changed dumbass
The world was freed from the 1000 year old death cult, no shit the new game has a desecration of the old world, the old world worshipped a false, twisted god that brought an era of suffering and despair to the world
The story is very good I have no idea what you're talking about and the so called "terrible character design" is just morons being close minded
They're pretty much aliens and you're judging them by your world view and culture? The egocentric bias is fucking incalculable
The assets are reused because it's set in the same place, of course it'll have the same locations, the new areas are obviously created from scratch
And are you talking about Brother? Yeah his poly model was the same
Only actual complaint I have is Lulu not showing even though she gives birth and was therefore 8/9 months pregnant
>>
>>332232883
I liked finding out more about who Tidus was based off, and the political strife and tensuons were pretty well done as well
>>
>>332231420
You sir, are my nigga!
>>
>>332233167
>he's being serious
>>
>>332233361
I am
Shuyin did nothing wrong
You'd go crazy too if they gunned down your popstar waifu in cold blood
>>
>>332233328

Why ?
>>
>>332222540
I don't know. For me FFX killed my interest in the franchise. The music is cool, the battles more interesting than in previous instalments, but...

Tidus. Fucking Tidus man. I actually tried as hard as I could to make him drown in those blitzball matches. Hated his guts with burning passion.
>>
> What"s next ?

Well nothing. Just for XV and pray for it to be a good Final Fantasy.
Play the old ones if you want but anything above FFX is shit.
>>
>>332222540
I can relate in most but
>The voice acting makes me to care about the charactes
I hated the voice acting to the point that I almost stopped playing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.