[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>latest version still uncracked >crackers gave up months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: denuvo.jpg (12 KB, 612x250) Image search: [Google]
denuvo.jpg
12 KB, 612x250
>latest version still uncracked
>crackers gave up months ago

It's really not getting cracked is it
>>
It will be.

I forget that most of /v/ didn't remember the full year it took to get a working crack for Chaos Theory.
>>
YOU WOULDN'T CRACK A BEAR
>>
File: 3dm-birdsister.jpg (47 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
3dm-birdsister.jpg
47 KB, 600x387
>>332222251
You want my crack anon?
>>
>>332223206
fuck that fraud
couldn't crack her way out of a wet paper bag
>>
>>332222251

There was an interview with one of the developers it and he knew the idea of completely preventing cracks was absurd, but instead the idea was to delay cracks for months to secure more initial sales.

But they're getting so good at improving their DRM that they've basically softcapped uncrackable at this point.
>>
>>332222251
Accourding the 3dm, they cracked it 2 weeks after saying they would stop for a year. So it's not uncracked. We just don't have it because 3dm probably got paid to stop cracking games.
>>
>>332223970
>believing those chinks

oh wow
>>
>>332223206
Damn she's nicely endowed. Would racemix/10.
>>332223970
Haha holy fuck. Denuvo is literally paying people to NOT crack their games. Haha says a lot about the quality of their product.
>>
>>332224916
Considering they are the only one who were able to get around it before, yes, believing them is more reasonable than believing Denuvo devs that kept saying the Denuvo is uncrackable
>>
File: 1428853196474.jpg (21 KB, 217x265) Image search: [Google]
1428853196474.jpg
21 KB, 217x265
>>332222942
>>
they're already making big steps @ cs.rin
>>
>>332223206
she looks like she hasn't been in contact with sunlight in 2 years
>>
>>332222251
Denuvo is perfect and wether or not you losers like it or not, it's saving pc gaming. Now all we need is a good anti cheat system and we'd be all set
>>
>>332225642
i'm a cs.rin regular and trust me, they aren't even trying to crack it, they just discuss getting free dlc to work on denuvo protected games
>>
>>332225843
and for games to actually sell on that irrelevant platform

>game sells 7 million on ps4
>sells 3 million on xbone
>sells 300k on pc

k
e
k
>>
How much are you being paid to shill denuvo?
>>
>>332223970
>>332225097
Well Denuvo has found the best way to prevent piracy: pay off the people responsible for making the games piratable.
>>
>>332222251
he doesn't know about mkdev
seriously OP why are you such a humongous faggot?
>>
>>332226054
they've tried this since the dawn of mankind only back then there were so many cracking groups around that it was impossible to pay them all off so they paid off like 2 or 3 but it still got cracked easily by the others because all the groups had real cracking talent

Nowadays no cracking groups have actual cracking talent because it's been ages since the last good DRM so the only ones around that "cracked" games were literal shitters who did the exact same procedure game after game year after year which was basically, replace steam_api.dll by a cracked steam_api.dll used for every game
>>
>>332225973
Go out and buy some denuvos so I can afford food for my family please
>>
>>332222251
Remeber Starforce? No. That's what I thought.

It was this uncrackable shit thing that also messed with your hardware, but it was cracked after a year. So I could finally play Prince of Persia The Two Thrones and King Kong game. I loved both, and I didn't give a cent to Ubisoft fuckers that used Starforce (otherwise I would buy both).

So this will get cracked. Everything gets cracked eventually.
>>
>>332226307
show me one denuvo game that faggot cracked

i'll wait
>>
>>332225843
>>332225967
GTAV sold a lot of copies on PC, and so are a lot of other games that aren't so mainstream. It doesn't matter which platform, you just need good marketing.
>>
>>332225843
>Denuov is perfect!
>Perfect
>Except when it prevents you from playing a game when the servers are down, slows games down since they run in a VM, increases memory usage, and if you don't have enough ram - disk usage
Oh my yes, such well written perfect software.
>>
File: Golden.png (205 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
Golden.png
205 KB, 330x319
I just hope Dark Souls 3 has Denuvo.
>>
>>332226407
>Everything gets cracked eventually.

when it does get cracked in 2 years time, the denuvo devs will just release an update to it and pow, another 2 years of uncrackedness
>>
>>332226379
No. Get a new job.
>>
>>332226515
it did alright but if the game had denuvo it would have sold 10 times more

>>332226524
>being so poor you still play the same game after 2-3 years after its release date
>>
>>332226491
can't show you that, but that doesn't matter, what matters is, crackers haven't given up
>>
>>332226524
>slows games down since they run in a VM, increases memory usage, and if you don't have enough ram - disk usage

Stop talking shit anon, non of that is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJZyeAR7H0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX379zScuZE
>>
>>332226712

What he means I think is that crackers aren't bothering with Denuvo anymore because it has shown to be literally uncrackable, they are now only cracking games with no Denuvo protection (which is piss easy)
>>
>>332226703
>it did alright but if the game had denuvo it would have sold 10 times more
Like all the games that use Denuvo selling millions of copies?
>>
>>332226789
why are the ratings and comments disabled?
seems legit!
>>
Once a game people care about uses it it, so far it's just shitty games.
>>
What does Denuvo do, exactly?

What happens if you sandbox the game (in terms of memory and IO)?
>>
File: 1327840665428.jpg (177 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
1327840665428.jpg
177 KB, 600x386
>>332227134
How do comments and ratings change what you can see in the video?

The only reason you want comments and ratings enabled is so you can give a thumbs down and to shit up the comments with damage control.
>>
>>332227409
The presumption is that the comments are disabled as a way to prevent people from spreading information that compromises the video or its author, i.e. that the results were faked, etc.

That's usually the reason for such things.
>>
>>332226375

Actually the talented crackers grew up and started working for the man so we're left with retarded kids that only know tablets

It's basically ogre for us
>>
>>332227368
I don't think it's DRM in and of itself but it's some encryption layer that hides the actual DRM, making it harder to crack.
>>
>>332227018
fuck off
>>
>>332227368
>What does Denuvo do, exactly?

makes a game impossible to crack
>>
>>332227690
I think MGSV is the only Denuvo game that sold well and that was more the hype. Most other Denuvo games sold like shit, which goes against the whole "no piracy means the games will sell shitloads" theory that people have been talking about for forever. Turns out that that isn't the case. Who knew.
>>
>>332227508
Holy shit, it evens says in the description how to do it for yourself.

Download this

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Use it to monitor your SSD whilst playing any Denuvo game. You can also use MSI afterburner or task manager to monitor RAM and CPU usage if you want.
>>
>>332227801
That's its goal, but I'm wondering what the software does to achieve this.

Something all in software? Or does it fuck with the user's computer is some way.
>>
>>332227913
Only stating why people are suspicious of disabled comments m8y
>>
>>332227991
rather than being added at the end like all DRM it's put in while the game is being developed
>>
>>332227913
>here download this bitcoinminer, keep it it's all yours
>>
>>332225743
>you will never plow a cutie asian vampire
>>
>>332228409
I'm a cutie asian vampire rawr :3
>>
>>332226703
>>being so poor you still play the same game after 2-3 years after its release date
Jesus christ can you get anymore casual?
>Once my yearly new COD game comes out I don't play any older games because they're OLD XD
>>332226789
>Never taking into consideration RAM usage
Reread what I said faggot. I'll still be here if you need me to fucking help you read what I wrote.
>>332227991
>Game runs in a VM that has propriety instruction sets different from the typical Intel set
>Game constantly gets encrypted and decrypted to prevent modification to it
There you have why it's so hard to crack and what it does in very simple terms.
>>
>>332228276
Fuck off retard, the source code is right below the download button. You probably don't even know what that is though.

Use what ever monitoring software you want.

>>332228556
>>Never taking into consideration RAM usage

Stop being retarded, you can see in both videos there is nothing effecting performace and there is hardly any data being written.

In TR vid you can see the RAM usage. Go do your damage control elsewhere.
There are no cases of anyone ever having issues with RAM usage or SSD writes other that lying buttblasted pirates trying to spread lies.
>>
>>332222251
Everything cracks eventually. But then someone else will come up with something even tougher. It will go on till the apocolypse: cyber security vs hackers is a struggle as endless as cops and crooks.
>>
>>332229291
By the time this version of Denuvo is cracked the next version will be out which will be even harder to crack than the previous version.

In a few years it will literally be impossible.
>>
>>332229026
>Stop being retarded
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had experience in programming and know how programs interact with the operating system. But go on sucking that dirty Denuvo dick, and hope you don't catch Syphilis.
>There are no cases of anyone ever having issues with RAM usage or SSD writes
You're not understanding it.
>Denuvo/VM needs X amount memory to run
>Games on top of that require a lot of memory
>Uh oh don't have that much
>windows starts using the disk (hdd or sdd) to store memory temporarily
That's fact and the way Windows works you faggot.
>>
>>332229479

That's what they've said for years, and for years it's been proven wrong.

You can keep making a more sophisticated lock, but the lockpicks will also get more complex. Also, you seem to have this faith in the software to reinvent the wheel each time rather than make 2-3 small changes with each iteration.
>>
File: 1310194026977s.jpg (2 KB, 124x126) Image search: [Google]
1310194026977s.jpg
2 KB, 124x126
>>332229572
Go ahead and show me someone who has had any problems other than made up bullshit by pirates.

And do you even know what page file is?

I have shown you video evidence there are no problems and that it is bullshit, go ahead and show me video evidence that backs up your bullshit.
>>
>>332229479
Not really. 3DM attempted to emulate denuvo. Now MKdev and his buddies are actually trying to crack it literally. After and IF they crack it and Denuvo attempt adjust it, cracking it again will take just a few hours.
>>
File: cage.jpg (61 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
61 KB, 960x540
>>332222251

>It's really not getting cracked is it

It is already cracked on 64bit as 3DM stated.
They aren't working on games with this protection for 6 months to see if it affects sales and other factors and will continue after that period of time.
Most likely they got paid to prevent the new solution being instantly denied on the market.
Other than that if you would follow their streams ,website you could see every denuvo game cracked as birdsister streamed it. Yes even the fucking new tomb raider on release.

Denuvo said in their interview that it is not impossible to crack but more time consuming and difficult and their focus is not going to be games only. They are more interested in protecting business models from bigger companies who would benefit more than publishers for a short term during their sales.

Stop shit post like a casual consuming faggot that you are. I can tell you are generic as fuck and would pay for anything because you don't know better.
>>
>>332229954
>Go ahead and show me someone who has had any problems other than made up bullshit by pirates.
That would be literally anyone who plays the game that uses up to much ram so the system needs to store memory temporarily to disk.
>And do you even know what page file is?
Unlike you yes I do. Let me guess, you're extent of knowledge is "programming" with Python.
>I have shown you video evidence
I can show video evidence that global warming is caused by cow farts by cherrypicking and ignoring data.
>>
>>332230006
>After and IF they crack it and Denuvo attempt adjust it, cracking it again will take just a few hours.

No they wont, why do you think the last version of Denuvo was exploited but this latest version hasn't?

When a nee version comes out they will have to start again from scratch, which will take another year or so.
>>
>>
>>332230228
All I see you doing is talking a load of shit, shut the fuck trying to sound clever because you are not.

I have shown you video evidence that it is all bullshit, go ahead and show me video evidence that contradicts it.
>>
>people making denuvo is a company and a studio
>people making the crack are a bunch of wizzards that do that for fun and with no pressure
Visit the internet, and you will find some of the games, but barely playable.
It was cracked, but make the crack work long enough and stable is another thing.
>>
>>332222251
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_warez_groups

Kill yourself faggot, someone always comes along to pick up the slack.
>>
>>332230193
It would be really refreshing if AAA companies came to the conclusion on their own that using Denuvo doesn't help sales. They'll find some way to make that idea work even if it's contrary to what's actually happening though.
>>
>>332230786
>wizzards
Go to bed Rincewind
>>
File: 1422102196667.png (115 KB, 398x350) Image search: [Google]
1422102196667.png
115 KB, 398x350
Where is the dark souls 3 torrent, where is it
>>
>>332226407
the difference is denuvo is continuously updated and is extremely tweakable. all the devs have to do is release a new version and the crackers are playing catch up for another year, which is what has been happening.

considering that like 80% of sales happen within the first 3 months of a game being released, piracy is gone
>>
File: 14581612697.png (64 KB, 632x763) Image search: [Google]
14581612697.png
64 KB, 632x763
>>
>>332230471
This is fucking common sense if you're a god damn programmer, which it is clear you're not. Go shill Denuvo somewhere else faggot fanboy.
>>
>>332229789
>That's what they've said for years, and for years it's been proven wrong.

except that every time a new denuvo game comes out its taking longer and longer to crack than the previous ones

and now piracy groups are talking about giving up

soo....hows that being proven wrong again?
>>
>>332231462

>except that every time a new denuvo game comes out its taking longer and longer to crack than the previous ones

Not so.

First Denuvo title was FIFA 14, which took a year to crack. Then LotF took 8 months. Then MGSV took maybe 3 months to work, and DA:I was working in under a month.

If anything, it's been taking less and less time to get cracks/workarounds.
>>
if dark souls 3 have denuvo, 3dm will crack it within a few days
>>
File: 1397497824226.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1397497824226.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>332231028
They are to me.
>>
>>332231462
To be honest games are getting so casual now that I don't give a fuck, nothing of value would be lost. I was never even pirating beforehand anyway, the only reason I ever complain is because of Denuvo being such a shitty product. The only game I ever pirated was a 25 year old one that you can't find anywhere anymore, and the faggot sitting on the IP refuses to do anything with it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

Okay so I checked this out and I 100% pirated Dragon Age: Inquisition and enjoyed the fuck out of it. So there you go.
>>
If it's uncrackable why aren't security agencies using it to protect their software?
Nothing is uncrackable, you have to be retarded to believe this.
>>
>>332231667
>and DA:I was working in under a month.

only because they exploited Origin to get around it, and it could only work on win7

the true DAI crack didnt come out until about a year later
>>
>>332225967

More often than not, PC releases come later (like with GTA5) or are half assed.

You get what you put into it. If devs continue to treat PC gaming as shit, it will continue to net them shit returns.
>>
>>332232251

>only because they exploited Origin to get around it, and it could only work on win7

Which is why I said "workaround".

I don't give a shit if it's not a "true" crack, it rendered the game entirely playable for a pirate user without paying. Also, who doesn't have a copy of win7?
>>
>>332232463
To be honest the video game industry needs to be rebooted again. This time around though, we need to figure out a way to keep the normies and casuals away so they don't fuck shit up again by turning every single game into a brainless interactive movie COD ripoff.
>>
>>332232858

>we need to figure out a way to keep the normies and casuals away so they don't fuck shit up again by turning every single game into a brainless interactive movie COD ripoff.

Then you're heading back to the days of vidya being solely the domain of CSfags at colleges. Pretty much all vidya after that was just about normie appeal.
>>
>>332222251
Why do you want it to crack? Star Wars battlefront is a multiplayer game.
>>
>>332231093

Preload starts a week before launch on steam - so here you go. Potentially cracked on the same date.
Looks like all those e-celebs and streaming faggots are to scared to leak anything because of muh fame.
>>
>>332231016

True. Sooner or later they going to accept the fact that paying a 3rd party is not that profitable and time is not really their friend because other scene members are contact with each other and try to progress on this drm too.
>>
>>332233026
Have you even played games before late 90's? They're about anti-causal and normie as the come.
>Require thinking
>Require dexterity
>Require time sinks
>Require a lot of effort
>Full of gorgeous busty qt pi's
>Hardly any shooty-shooty outside of war or "murder" (idk what to call it, you know shooting spree stuff) games where they belong
>Full of what fucktards today would consider racial or sexist "stereotypes"
Shit was fucking cash, or should I say "Dynamite!"
>>
>>332222440
>a working crack for Chaos Theory

With the way ow people shitpost. They would have call starforce uncrackable.
>>
>>332233828

Apparently you haven't.

The last non-casual system was the Atari 5200. After that, it was all about "Entertainment Systems" and raking in non-gamers.
>>
>>332230193
>i-its already cracked, they just left the scene for another reason, totally
Don't get me wrong it's better for me if that shit is cracked but isn't that just too convenient? Making up a random excuse to leave the scene right when Denuvo is wrecking cracking groups?
>>
File: 688_Attack_Sub_Genesis.png (12 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
688_Attack_Sub_Genesis.png
12 KB, 320x224
>>332234050
I was playing MS-DOS games back when it was considered next gen anon. Pic related was one of my favorite games.
>>
>>332225097
>Damn she's nicely endowed
She's a B cup at best.
>>
>>332234125

It's not like they owe anyone anything. They have their reasons. And since 3DM is the first to crack denuvo at all they can decide how to deal with it.
Can't imagine other scene members acting any different if they had the same advantage over the others.
Money sure does has a factor, so making up "excuses" is way better than exposing the drm without getting paid at all.
It's not like they really need it but its convenient for them and they will be still here after that.
Nothing really lost, they are still the leading ones.
>>
>>332234952
>It's not like they owe anyone anything
Why was that brought up at all? I never implied they owe us anything, and I never implied they are not allowed to take leaves.

All I'm saying is that the timing is far too convenient, that's all. They "supposedly" accomplished something nobody else did, but then conveniently decided to leave the scene on a random excuse, and now nobody gets to see their "supposed" accomplishment. Convenient as fuck.
>>
>>332231016
they already found a solution.. MMOs,F2P-
they will just make SP f2p games or some shit, Diablo3 like...
what ever they come up with we wont like it..
>>
>>332223249

>being this uneducated
>>
>>332235356

They didn't really 'leave' the scene. They keep releasing cracked games like the others.
And the excuse isnt really random because money is involved.
Officialy releasing cracked denuvo games would open eyes for everyone else and therefore wouldn't be a problem as it is right now.
>>
>>332222251

Are there even any games with Denuvo that are worth playing? I can't think of any off the top of my head.
>>
>>332236251
Neither can i.
But i can't think of any good games of late period.
>>
>>332236037
So we just take their word that they, in fact, cracked denuvo while getting 0 proof whatsoever.
>>
>>332236251
I've played a couple, both pirated and bought

They were all pretty meh
>>
>>332236251
People that just go "no games I like use this so its AOKAY" are shortsighted as fuck. In the scenario where it is unbreakable, eventually more and more games will use it, and then it will start affecting you.
>>
Piratefags BTFO. Glorious.
>>
>>332236593
Let me remind you that LotF was uncracked up until MGSV got released with Denuvo

Then suddenly, a week later, both of them were

It heavily depends on what games get the protection.
>>
File: crack.png (8 KB, 383x287) Image search: [Google]
crack.png
8 KB, 383x287
>>332222942
>>
>>332236593

>In the scenario where it is unbreakable

There is literally no scenario where it is unbreakable. If someone can make it, someone can break it. All it requires is time and giving enough of a shit to actually do it.

And as long as the games being made keep being shit, then I don't rightly give a flying fuck if it has Denuvo. I'm not going to buy or play those games, anyway.
>>
>>332236460

You can google their VODs of cracked denuvo content it speaks for itself. Watching their stream pretty sure they have cracked it.
You can take their word for it or not its up to you..
>>
File: 1458344288971.jpg (460 KB, 734x760) Image search: [Google]
1458344288971.jpg
460 KB, 734x760
>Pirates getting BTFO

It fucking feels nice that the worse kind of pc cÏ…cks are going to stop games, thus they are going to be irrelevant soon.
>>
>>332232136
>If it's uncrackable why aren't security agencies using it to protect their software?
>Nothing is uncrackable, you have to be retarded to believe this.

deunvo and the publishers know this. their entire objective is to slow down and prevent cracking for several months while the game sales cycle runs its course

since 90% of a games sales happen in the first 6 weeks, a few months of no piracy is like gold to publishers. by then, the hype for the game has forced those really interested in it to buy it, and the ones that havent would have never bought the game anyway
>>
File: 1359990987377.jpg (33 KB, 351x465) Image search: [Google]
1359990987377.jpg
33 KB, 351x465
>he still plays video games
>>
File: 1452607820167.png (129 KB, 581x443) Image search: [Google]
1452607820167.png
129 KB, 581x443
I used to love /v/, what the fuck happened?

Ironic SJW shit posting, anti-piracy shills, constant e-celeb threads, le cuck xD, le reddit xD, it's become fuckin cancerous beyond saving.
>>
>>332238031
baww i can't steal anymore /v/ is cancer
>>
>>332222251

So is it only niggers that are shilling Denuvo?
>>
>>332227550
>no one is capable of learning
I think it's been well established that the ingenuity of the internet knows no bounds.
>>
>>332230006
that's a mighty big if there lad
>>
File: 1432600392387.jpg (87 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1432600392387.jpg
87 KB, 582x600
>>332230193
>It is already cracked on 64bit as 3DM stated.
>They aren't working on games with this protection for 6 months to see if it affects sales and other factors and will continue after that period of time.

sounds legit
>>
>>332222251

>Check Denuvo's games list

EA games
>Good last EA game bought from a direct store was on 2001

Ubisoft games
>Good always bought they games from 2nd hand market and stopped doing this after they pretty much killed R6 franchise and Silent Hunter

Square Enix
>Good they ruined Thief,got tired of Tomb Raider franchise when TR3 was released ages ago and the first two Hitman games were good enough to give me motion sickness (despite being a sailor) and le trashed them in two weeks

Warnebros blablabla
>who fucking cares about their Repetitive Max and shitty Buttman games

CI games
>never heard of them,sole game protected is just a muh generic 60's era bubbarian movies,ordering some #care from chink'sebay

Konami
>Fulton Pain 5,after Peace Fulton Walker I don't care about MG anymore

Try harder denuvo shill
>>
>>332222251
Nah all you need is a custom virtual machine.Make the game run inside it and see what 'denuvo' calls.

It is probably located in more than just the EXE so you'll have to make a few custom files yourself.

All games that are stored fully on your hard drive can be cracked.

Making only online games will get you tons of crap from consumers.

Best way to deal with piracy is to make a good game or make a f2p game that is online.
>>
>>332230809
how many of those have cracked the fifa 16, rise of the tomb raider, unravel, far cry primal, just cause 3, hitman the list goes on and on and on and on you shitter
>>
>>332231667
>First Denuvo title was FIFA 14

what? no it wasn't
>>
>>332222251
Didn't they announce much time ago that it's pirated but they are not releasing it for 6 months to make sure piracy is not making companies go bankrupt? They even streamed the cracks working?
>>
>>332239765
So many people out there only buy after they try.
Anyone whanna bet that the lack of crack will make them sell even less?
>>
>>332236037
all they "release" now is shitty indie games that don't even have any drm
>>
>>332236251
Hitman
Rise of the tomb raider
Deus ex mankind divided
Dark souls 3
>>
>>332240053

you are a fucking retard period
>>
File: 1363400774845.jpg (45 KB, 485x689) Image search: [Google]
1363400774845.jpg
45 KB, 485x689
>>332240357
>>
>>332236037
>wouldn't be a problem as it is right now
It is no problem for me.My old PC can barely play DS2 so i don't care one bit for new games.I'll just play older games.There are so many out there that they can last me a lifetime.

P.S. btw i bought DS2 after i tested it and i bought it full price for the early multiplayer.DS1 on the other hand is an unoptimised shit and thank god for the pirates or i would've bought a game that ran like shit with no option of a refund.
>>
>>332240645
DSFIX
>>
>>332227865
MGSV was also cracked within a week of release so it doesn't really say much.
>>
File: 1404248249540.png (4 MB, 2000x2046) Image search: [Google]
1404248249540.png
4 MB, 2000x2046
>>332238279
>>
>>332241849
No it wasn't?
>>
>>332241326
Even with it.Still runs worse than DS2.
This is the the first time ever for me to be able to run a second game but not to be able to run the first.
>>
>>332242235
It was, stupid.
>>
>>332239476
>#care

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>332242301
there was and still is no crack, it was a shitty workaround that makes the game crash every 5 minutes

you can't even download the latest updates because they have denuvo version 3 on them which is uncrackable
>>
>>332225843
>implying I'll ever buy a Denuvo game
Not interested in web-demanding bloatware to play my games.

Same reason I won't use Origin or whatever that Ubisoft shit is. I don't care if the game looks good, I know the anti-crack shit will be more headache than it's worth.

So... How many sales are they really capturing for their investment?
>>
>People actually defend invasive DRM

Good. The industry should crash fairly soon
>>
>>332226852
>literally uncrackable
>>
>>332242440
It's still a crack by definition and I finished the game without any problems, why are you so uncontrollably angry that you have to spout misinformation?
>>
>>332242748
it's not, if it was cracked that would have meant denuvo was completely removed from the game which is not the case
>>
>>332222251

>b-but in 3 weeks max it will be cracked!

lol delusional piratefags
>>
>>332242440
Wrong.
>>
>>332242801
No, it would just mean that you could play the game properly without paying for it. Doesn't matter HOW that's achieved, really.
>>
>>332242838

You sure showed him, anon.
>>
>>332242748
He is obviously a denuvo dev trying to shill his DRM and maybe people will buy the games that have it.

Even if it is confirmed to up performance.
Confirmed to damage and strain your hardware.
>>
>>332242801
Calm down and just leave the thread retard you clearly don't know shit about the subject.
>>
>>332242801
Thats just like saying someone did not escape prision because they did not escape trough the front door.
>>
>>332242882
>properly

You mean like not being able to update the game or even play the prologue?

Sounds fun
>>
Every one said Lords of Fallen was never going to be crack and it was crack.
>>
>>332242830
As far as i know the games are cracked it is just the cracks are not released.
>>
Not enough good games warrant the time and effort.

Give it a few years, when more games start coming out with Denuvo tacked on.
>>
>>332242968
>Confirmed to damage and strain your hardware.

Why do you retards keep spouting this shit without any sort of evidence.
>>
out of all the shitposting on /v/ these threads are genuinely the worst
>>
>>332243130

>W-we want to see how piracy affects games before releasing the crack

lmao you guys actually believed that?
>>
>>332243130
lmao yeah totally bro, i cracked like every game on the planet even games not yet out but uhh i'm not releasing the cracks because you know, i don't want to LOL
>>
>>332243182

It will be too late by then, Anon.

The longer they ignore it the better Denuvo gets.
>>
>>332243339
/v/ does for some reason, i bet 3dm themselves are like damn we got people to believe that shit?
>>
>>332243207
>Why do you retards keep spouting this shit without any sort of evidence.
Google it up faggot.See if there is no evidence.
>>
>>332243573

This is all I found and it's the total opposite of your claim.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2mtxub/denuvo_drm_does_not_destroy_or_damage_ssds_proof/

>inb4 it's "reddit", I don't like it so it doesn't count
>>
>>332243495
Nah we can always just bomb the denuvo devs lol just joking...or am i?

Denuvo will get cracked for real lolololol.
>>
>>332222251
Why not just buy your games?
>>
>>332231667
>MGS V took 3 months

I was playing a pirated and fully cracked MGS V the week after release, moron.
>>
>>332243573

> Damages your hardware
> It's just SSDs

Call me when it damages real hardware.
>>
>>332243838
it's pretty impossible for denuvo devs to make a reddit account tßh good find bro
>>
>>332243838

neogaf and reddit combined

definitely doesnt count
>>
>>332243838
>reddit link that leads to neogaf links
Jesus christ how fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>332244015
this so much, ssd's are what? 200-300 bucks? just buy a new one every 3-5 months and stop being a poor piece of shit

holy fuck get a job you leeches
>>
>>332244019

I played MGSV on my SSD for 178 hours and nothing happened. What are you guys talking about?
>>
>>332243838
>reddit
Search again.
>>
>>332238031
Wanting good devs to get more money to make more good games isn't really shilling, is it, anon?

Paying customers are what keep game companies going. Not pirates.

It must be nice to live in a delusion thinking pirates are nothing but bottom feeding scum.
>>
File: 1428815626873.png (149 KB, 225x258) Image search: [Google]
1428815626873.png
149 KB, 225x258
>>332226550
you monster
>>
>>332242440
Fucking what? Zero crashes in over 200 hours for me with a "crack" I got literally 5 days after release. Retarded shill poster.
>>
File: 230114_908223010.png (133 KB, 339x296) Image search: [Google]
230114_908223010.png
133 KB, 339x296
>>332244116
>>
>>332244015
>Call me when it damages real hardware.
>>332244116
I loled hard.
>>
>>332244238

According to these guys

>>332244080
>>332244096

If it's from neogaf then it's not true. So I guess I am just going to assume gamefaqs either.

And last time I checked linustech is a faggot and not credible?

Hey, I am just playing by your rules.
>>
>>332222251
Not for at least a couple of years

Some scummy groups and literally selling cracks/workarounds its horrible the scene is dead.

i really didnt see offline/single online activation copy protection becoming unbroken like the newest version of denuvo, i always thought it would be more like Windows Store Style or Diablo where there is no EXE and or streamed game systems like AI and missions like Hitman
>>
>>332244265

> 200 hours

I thought /v/ said MGSV was bad? What's going on here.
>>
>>332244265
haha same here man, i also had 0 zero crashes in uhhh over 9000 hours xDD
>>
>>332244260
Well piracy was never proven to really hurt devs, but denuvo actually DOES cost the developers money that they could use on other resources and that is a proven fact.
>>
>>332244238
>2014
KEK
>>
>>332244506
denuvo isnt offline. It phones home regularly.
>>
>>332244506
yeah fuck revolt
>>
>>332244551
Eat your medicine. Living in delusions is bad for you.
>>
> People bitching about Denuvo damaging SSDs
> People can't afford games but they can afford SSDs

Somehow I get this feeling that you fags are bitching over shit you don't own.
>>
>>332238031
There is a small subset of people who take pride in buying really awful AAA games and get mad when people get them for free instead
>>
>>332230193
I mean this is kind of fair i dont mind waiting a while for a crack just as long as it comes.

Because as soon as its a SP centric game and stops selling whats the point of holding back the crack

Has the last year of late/no cracks actually improved sales though?
>>332244637
But mainly its offline based on hardware unique Hardware ID and signatures correct?
>>
>>332244685
>Somehow I get this feeling that you fags are bitching over shit you don't own.
>he thinks that it only damages SSDs
>he doesn't know that it can strain you HDD and make it overheat if you have additional stuff running in the background
>>
>>332244707
we just want devs to get all the money they DESERVE and not allow people to steal stuff, same reason why we are PRO selling of mods (and to a certain extent demos) because we embrace DEMOCRACY and despise socialism like pirates do
>>
>>332244419

atleast you tried
>>
>>332244707

And now there's a small subset of piratefags getting upset for not being able to play those awful AAA games anymore.

It's glorious.
>>
>>332244679
Too stupid to come up argument? That's fine go spout your propaganda on some other forum that likes to hear shit opinions like neogaf, fag.
>>
>>332222251
>mfw they already cracked the newest version
>all this we're not going to crack games for a year is bullshit
>they are waiting for more games with denuvo to release their crack
>>
File: 1345266293903.jpg (69 KB, 307x340) Image search: [Google]
1345266293903.jpg
69 KB, 307x340
>>332245059
>mfw they already cracked the newest version

sure they did
>>
>>332245059
So Denvuo doesnt patch it for the next batch?

Makes sense can we get some source on this though
>>
>>332245052
If you want to argue instead of shitpost, you could actually post some fucking credible source or studies.

Your conjecture does not automatically win over mine just because you say so.
>>
>>332244980

> can't counter argue
> atleast you tried

lol I guess when someone play by your rules you don't have shit to say eh?
>>
Denuvo can eat a wheelbarrow full of dicks, but can we stop with the SSD damage myth, it's been tested over and over and no, it doesn't actually read/write in ridiculous amounts, this myth got started when it was brand new and we should all know better by now.

Hate it for wasting developer time and resources by forcing them to integrate it into the game code, increasing complexity and testing time. Hate it for increasing performance hit because it will randomly virtualize certain functions as part of its obfuscation process, increasing the cost of those functions (whichever they happen to be) to an extreme degree, leading to erratic slowdowns. Hate it for being difficult enough to crack that it basically generates free publicity for whatever piece of shit D-list game (LotF, anyone?) happens to pay to implement it.

But don't hate it for breaking your hard drive. It doesn't.
>>
>>332244871
only devs know exactly how it works and they'd be dumb to come out and say it out loud. But it's a fact that you need to regularly be connected to the internet.
>>
>>332244940
>we just want devs to get all the money they DESERVE

But do they deserve the money for a game that is falsely advertised and the the reviews are tampered with?

Have you seen game ''real ingame footage''?
Have you seen that cute ''still a work in progress''?

So fuck devs and their lies.I am not going to buy shit just because i was lied to.

With pirate copies there are no lies.They can't lie to us.
>>
>>332244931

> Have over 200 hours on MGSV
> on a fucking 3 year old laptop

Yeah nah, stop making shit up.
>>
File: 1334471477534.png (121 KB, 458x401) Image search: [Google]
1334471477534.png
121 KB, 458x401
>>332231016
>Game isn't cracked for a 6 months
>Selling like absolute shit
>Suddenly someone decides to release the crack
>People even start talking about it online and with friends and a sales spike hits

Shareholder meeting
>"The reason our game didn't sell well is because of piracy. It was cracked 6 months after release which means pirates were waiting 6 months to not buy the game"
>"This means that beyond our 150k sales, 2 million potential sales were lost to pirates"
>"We will be taking steps to prevent piracy from ruining sales by partnering with Denuvo on every game release"
>>
>>332245306
Just dont install the game on a SSD

my Sata 3 4TB Shitgates from 2014 get 200mb/s+

>>332245412
So its already cracked or its close? Can we get a source on any of this?
>>
>>332245431

In a world where you can refund games on steam and decide whether to keep the game or not?
>>
>>332245042
sure anon, in the age of 500 hour backlogs I'm sure those evil pirates are upset they can't play whatever generic openworld shitfest has denuvo in it for 2 hours before getting bored

keep buying those season passes and cosmetic DLC's like a good goy
>>
>>332245431
>But do they deserve the money for a game that is falsely advertised and the the reviews are tampered with?

yes they do because tha'ts how CAPITALISM works, if you don't like it move to fucking RUSSIA
>>
File: source.jpg (29 KB, 445x337) Image search: [Google]
source.jpg
29 KB, 445x337
>>332245559

>Can we get a source on any of this?

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>332245608
>refunding games on steam
Have you tried doing that?Tell me if they really refunded you or gave you a steam wallet refund instead.Also tell me how many hoops you had to jump trough to get that refund.

tell me what are the limitations to that refund.

There are none on a pirate copy.
>>
>>332245839
kak
>>
>>332245623
>500 hour backlogs

shit i wish, that would just cover new vegas, vampire masquerades and fallout 3 and 4
then theres the other 600 games left
>>
File: smh.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>332245623
>MFW 583 games in my library
>Probably 400+ of them are backlog
>New games coming out all the time

I really fucking need school and work to give me a 6 month vacation so I can play my fucking games without having to give up my daily activities
>>
>>332245281

there is nothing to counter you dumb faggot

thousands of people are claming that it damages their harddrives and whatnot and now we have some autist from reddit and neogaf saying it doesnt with his exlusive proof hmm

maybe you hire some expert on this case and repost here again
>>
>>332245931
you'd still only finish 3-4 games then and spend the rest of the time on /v/

believe me I should know
>>
>>332245690
But i already live in Russia anon.
>>
>>332245623

So if those evil pirates have said 500 hour backlogs then why even bitch by Denuvo to begin with?

Shouldn't they be playing that backlog?
>>
File: 1425175138092.jpg (59 KB, 599x549) Image search: [Google]
1425175138092.jpg
59 KB, 599x549
>>332245839
>>
I just had a epiphany. Anyone who doesn't live in a third world shithole or isn't a human-refuse-level poorfag should have internet that doesn't cut out and would want their internet to drop at any time for even a minute. Besides people attacking servers so they go down, why are people so insanely angry about games needing to be always online unless they are fucking wasted-life-level poorfags who are forced to pirate in a way that thymey have to play their games offline?
>>
>>332245995

>thousands of people are claming that it damages their harddrives
>Links are from 2014
>No one saying shit since then

LMAO, keep trying Anon.
>>
>>332246290
Because some of us are running Steam which means at any given time we have updates downloading in the background, Netflix running on the TV, a roommate trying to play CoD in the next room, etc., and all that bandwidth cost adds up.

And/or because when the internet gets knocked out for whatever reason and all our MP games go offline, we'd like for our SP games to not ALSO go offline just because some corporation is worried we're stealing.
>>
>>332246065
>russia
>has internet

nice try
>>
>>332246320

Should I create another reddit thread exclusively for you to make it count for 2016 ?

Go fucking kill yourself you imbecile
>>
>>332246516
whats wrong with a singleplayer game being always online?
/v/ will find a way to bitch about literally anything
>>
>>332246290
Because games on steam cost $80aud-110aud+ after currency conversion because steam does not want to do AUD to rip us off and publishers just laugh in our face.
>>
>>332222251
>>332222222
>>
>>332245559
It's a known fact that denuvo games require an internet connection for the first time they run and periodically connect to denuvos servers to revalidate the installation.

Which can lead to things like this happening
http://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/405694115204015024/
>>
>>332228515
pics or gtfo
>>
>>332222251
you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>332240036
If I can play it for free, why buy?
Like, I copy FO4 from a friend, finished it, I didn't feel like i want to buy the game after I finish it.
>>
>>332246516
Besides a power outage which makes PC gaming irrelevant, I have never once had an internet outage since I got internet service in the mid-90's. And I use bandwidth like that all the time and have no issues even with a fucking Comcast subscription of all things. Unless you're really scraping the bottom of the shit barrel in terms of living conditions, I'm just not seeing it, anon.
>>
>>332246640

You fags will cling to anything that makes Denuvo bad, even if it's not relevant anymore.

I'd like to see that. You'd pretty much be told it was not true and then be flooded with proof.

Your concept of relevance is retarded by the way.
>>
File: bakabait.png (282 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bakabait.png
282 KB, 625x626
>>332246713
>>
>>332246745
there are no dubs on /v/ you fucking retard
>>
>>332246783
must be on the newer version of denvou because ive changed my OS and PC's internals a couple of times on Mad Max but yeah thats horse shit im never owning another Denvuo game
>>
File: WalrusSubmarine.jpg (126 KB, 1081x810) Image search: [Google]
WalrusSubmarine.jpg
126 KB, 1081x810
>>332246606
>mfw when I went to Russia pretty much every building had free wifi
>>
>>332246783
O_O is this for real?
>>
>>332246840
explain then how fifa 16 is still uncrackd a year after release
>>
>>332246965
>mfw when I went to Russia pretty much every building had free wifi
It is pretty much the same in the EU.
>>
>>332246965
sure thing vladimir, we totally believe your propaganda you third world shitter
>>
>>332243864
I know crazy right? If you don't like it, just refund. If you can afford your PC, you should afford the software for it
>>
>>332247015

[SOLVED]
>>
>>332239606
Chumps like you were saying the exact same thing when SecuROM was supposedly this uncrackable behemoth. We all know how that turned out.

Fun fact: I just found out it's literally the same group of people who made SecuROM as well.
>>
>>332247398
>If you don't like it, just refund.
Go buy a game a steam try and refund it while videotaping the whole process, show us how easy it is.
>>
>>332247209

inb4 you're told it's because fifa sucks or some shit despite previous iterations being cracked
>>
>>332247456
Yeah so when it happens to you you'll have to get in line to get solved too.

No thanks.
>>332247467
I should check where is their office and pay them a visit.
>>
>>332247734
>file no longer exists
>>
>>332222251
Does this mean the end of pc gaming?
>>
>>332247841
i have no problems with denuvo, it works fine
>>
>>332246102
We are. But we also like to laugh at payfags and shills in the meantime.
>>
>>332245557
>People even start talking about it online and with friends and a sales spike hits

More like, copy the game from a friend that pirated it
>>
>>332247841

I don't have the need to be switching hardware back and forth like an idiot so I doubt I see this happening to me.

As a matter of fact I already finished TR without any problems.
>>
File: IMG_3729.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3729.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>332247209
>>332247317
I also saw some stuff for unlimited data plans. I think the exchange rate changed a lot since I was there but when I was there this was like $20 per month for unlimited data.
>>
>>332247981
>i have no problems with denuvo, it works fine
>i am fine even if everyone around me is having troubles
>this means there are no troubles
are we in the presence of a mental giant or what?
>>
>>332247975

Nah, just the end of piracy. And it was about time too.
>>
>>332242542
About the same, Pirating makes no difference on sales.
>>
>>332248271
So they are loosing money by paying for DRM?
Are they stupid or what?
>>
>>332248183
Huh, just looked it up and it seems to actually be cheaper now. $10 per month instead of $20.
>>
File: newv2.jpg (200 KB, 961x658) Image search: [Google]
newv2.jpg
200 KB, 961x658
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.