[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games let me play as a John Goodman type of character? Mainly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: 10_cloverfield_lane_paramount.0.jpg (2 MB, 5676x3784) Image search: [Google]
10_cloverfield_lane_paramount.0.jpg
2 MB, 5676x3784
What games let me play as a John Goodman type of character? Mainly more or less Howard or Walter from Big Lebowski?
>>
jesus fuck this scene made me jump harder than i ever have in my life

good movie
>>
File: walter_sobchak_by_erenati.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
walter_sobchak_by_erenati.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>332221450
Howard did nothing wrong.
>>
>>332221667
>>332221450
Do you get to see John Goodman naked? I need to know because reasons.
>>
>>332222231
no.
>>
>>332221327
that movie was gr8
>>
Any game where you play as a conspiracy theorist?
>>
>>332222553
the creepiest thing about that scene is that he comes back after with his face shaved, confirming pretty much that he's a fucking looner creep
>>
>>332221667
>repeatedly says that bad shit went down and you should never go out
>whatsherface doesn't believe him
>she goes outside
>aliens or whatever the fuck they are have attacked Earth and fucked us up pretty good

HOWARD WAS RIGHT.
>>
>>332221327
Is the movie good? I watched the first one, but I'm thinking of holding out till the bluray release for this one
>>
>>332222840
He was right about the aliens but was wrong about the air being contaminated, at least permanently.
Though what i'm wondering is

Did he kill the missing girl?
>>
>>332223858
It's very good until the last 10 minutes.

Also it has no real connection to the first movie. They just slapped that name on an unrelated movie to make it more marketable. They tack on some stupid shit to the end to tie it in to Cloverfield and that's also by far the worst part of the movie.
>>
whats this movie even about
>>
I hate this movie. It's not a bad movie but I'm legitimately mad they lied about it being related to cloverfield. I don't even like cloverfield but it's the only reason anyone went to see this movie. John Goodman was great but that can only get you so far.
>>
>>332224392
Another "strong independant woman learns to defeats the evil patriarchy" flick.
>>
>>332221327
John Goodman's voice is godly. He needs to do some VO work for a game.
>>
God this movie was so good.

Only thing I didn't like was the ending part, but even that had a lot of good shit in it.

Fucking loved it.
>>
>>332224543
When anyone says spiritual successor, it means "we're using a good thing to sell a bad thing"

They knew it wouldn't sell tickets if it were called 10 Mockingbird Lane
>>
>>332224543
The Cloverfield connection was the only thing about the movie that was offputting to me after watching the trailer.

Although if it hadn't been connected to Cloverfield it probably wouldn't have had enough of a marketing campaign for me to have seen any trailers for it at all in the first place.
>>
>>332224642
Strong bait, holy shit.
>>
>>332224642
I really don't feel this way. Michelle is a good character overall, she's not particularly weak or particularly strong. The later parts of the movie hinge on her receiving a lot of help from whats-his-name (not Howard). There's also a lot of foot-fetishy stuff considering she's barefoot in almost every scene inside the bunker.
>>
>>332224642

Did we see the same movie?
>>
Heavy rain
>>
>>332224746
He did, in Rage if I'm not wrong.
>>
>>332224851
>"we're using a good thing to sell a bad thing"
Except 10 Cloverfield Lane was a better movie than Cloverfield was.
>>
>>332223892
Probably. The bloody HELP on the window, the spend bullet casings on the ground. The fact that he clearly has the means with which to cleanly dispose of a body.

If it looks like, quacks like, eats bread crumbs like a duck...
>>
>>332224543
>>332224851
>>332224872

According to Wikipedia, the movie was intended to be called "The Cellar", but was later changed up into a spinoff with some scenes altered.
>>
>>332221327
how was this movie anyway?

worth seeing?
>>
>>332225237
Yeah, it was excellent.
>>
>>332225237
I just read the wikipedia synopsis
Sounds like it's been done before. I'll pirate it and enjoy it but fuck paying for something I've probably already seen already
>>
>>332225191
I don't know why they had to. JJ Abrams and John Goodman were already big names.
>>
>>332223858
People say the last bit sucks, but I really enjoyed it the whole way through. Solid stuff.
>>
>>332225305
watching a camrip on your laptop is not really comparable to seeing a movie in a theater, its the main reason I still go to the movies, though I pirate films after they're out of theaters all the time
>>
>>332224921
>The later parts of the movie hinge on her receiving a lot of help from whats-his-name (not Howard)
So it's like Fury Road all over again where the message is "if females and nu-male beta cucks work together and treat each other respectfully as equals, we can dismantle the rule of the controlling oppressive patriarchy"

Can't wait to see how much critical acclaim the next movie about progressive millennials defeating an old controlling white men gets. No this isn't bait. Leftist agendas being pushed hard in hollywood movies is no fantasy.
>>
>>332225496
>bait

You didn't even try this time bruv
>>
>>332225496
You are just as bad as SJWs, holyshit.
>>
>>332225390

I enjoyed the movie through and through, I especially like the ending for it because the movie could have been about a doomsday freak jumping the gun on escaping to his bunker when there was actually nothing wrong outside. What if Michelle went outside and nothing was wrong and she just goes home? It would have been boring, but by there actually being a real threat outside it doesn't make Howard look so bad anymore, even though he's fucking nuts he was also right.

>>332225339

Doesn't look like it was for financial reasons, but only because they wanted to:

>During production, the filmmakers noticed core similarities to Cloverfield,[35] and decided to make the movie what Abrams calls "a blood relative" or "spiritual successor" of that film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane
>>
>>332225339
When it was being developed as "The Cellar" that was before Bad Robot picked it up so JJ wouldn't have been involved at that point.

Also even with his name audiences are far more likely to turn out for a movie connected to a brand they already recognize.
>>
>>332221327
He's a big guy.
>>
>>332225798
I agree about your assessment of the ending in theory, but they could have conveyed that without descending into dumb hollywood action scenes. Could have just ended with the reveal of the ship without trying to make us care about some lame monster scenes after the movie had already ended, all of that stuff just feels like going through the blockbuster motions to justify the name.
>the filmmakers noticed core similarities to Cloverfield,
There's a blatant lie.
>>
>>332225732
>You are just as bad as SJW
Name how my political assessment of these movies is in any way off the mark. On an ideological level these films are incredibly leftist.
>le conservative gun nut villain infantilizing and condescending the protagonist unable to treat her as though she is an adult woman
He is "slut shaming" and "mansplaining": the character.
>>
>>332226291

I do agree that the ship destroying molotov cocktail was fucking retarded. That one bit of the movie is the only part I thought was really fucking stupid. If they kept the feel of her being powerless and just running for her life and somehow escaping it'd be more believable.
>>
>>332226778
This. My only complaint of the movie. It was to actiony.
>>
>>332225112
Yes he did, he's literally the first guy you meet, Dan Hagar.

He gives you a sniper rifle, a crossbow and two cars. Fucking bro.
>>
>>332226778
I think that since defeating Goodman/leaving the bunker was so obviously the entire conflict of the film that any attempt to drum up any excitement past that point of its resolution would end up feeling tacked on. Having the twist of it all being real is a good note to end on, but it could have seriously benefitted from being underplayed. You could have just had her leave the bunker, do a quick survey of the environment, then do the alien ship reveal and then cut to black immediately after her "Oh fuck" reaction and I would have enjoyed it more.
>>
>>332227570
There was a big reason for her to listen into the distress call for help. Her going to help others is supposed to be the end bit of her character development from running away from her problems to fighting back. I think it should have ended with an alien reveal, the call for help and her driving to help others while avoiding the safe zone.
>>
Thought the movie was pretty good overall. Never saw Cloverfield but the end sequence felt really out of place. that there actually WAS shit out there was cool but it was way too... idk how to put it, but the change from 'real-life believable creepy guy' scenario to 'holy shit nevermind there's an alien invasion' and her destroying the giant ship felt like way to sharp of a tone-change.
>>
>>332228147
I understood what they wanted her character arc to be but I really didn't like that element either. It was too literal. Having a call for help and her turning her car to stop running away from her fears. It played into the general blockbuster stupidity of that whole ending section to. What am I supposed to believe this civillian lady she can do to help against the alien attackers. It makes me imagine her blowing up more alien spaceships which was retarded the first time she did it. The whole "people fighting the aliens" thing that it seems to set up at the end doesn't sit well with me because the actual movie itself was generally a believable very human character driven conflict so it all feels out of place with what I enjoyed about the movie. The grounded human drama is far more compelling than anything about fighting aliens.
>>
>>332226778
To be fair, the ship/robot thing was filled with that gas that was shown to be explosive/flammable. When it gassed earlier and she desperately put her gas mask back on you could see it started to explode things. So it kind of makes sense the molotov would blow it up.

That being said, the movie should have ended when she's on the truck and it's revealed it's aliens and that's it.
>>
CONVENIENT EXPLOSIVE TO THROW IN THE MONSTER MOUTH ruined it.
>>
What game lets be have control of 20 good men?
>>
>>332229601
Mount & Blade.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.