[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 120615-PSY1.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
120615-PSY1.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
Expectations?
>>
Wacky scenario and dark comedy.
>>
As low as possible.
>>
File: 1454187412066.jpg (141 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454187412066.jpg
141 KB, 640x360
>Psychonauts 2 is coming
>mfw five seconds later it's revealed to be crowdfunded
Never have I been so disappointed. Schafer is a fucking hack and I hope he crashes and burns.
>>
File: m2u79zXxWn1r2kdbno1_500.jpg (42 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
m2u79zXxWn1r2kdbno1_500.jpg
42 KB, 500x280
>>332214625
A game for SJWs, By SJWs.
>>
>>332214962
Exactly my feelings on the reveal, I sadly bought Broken age. NOT AGAIN. OK, maybe on sale once it's out. But I'm not kickstarting that shit.
>>
Last chance of Tim to get my trust back
>>
another kickstarter
>>
>Mr.Shitface
>Double Shit
No thanks. Might be worth a pirate but given how Double Fine's only good games in the last 5+ years have been re-releases of games Tim worked on in the past, I don't expect much from it.
>>
10 hours of "Remember this moment from the original? Well here it is again except worse"
>>
It's gonna be based.
>>
DUDE REFERENCE LMAO
>>
>>332214625
Low. Tim need a guy with a whip next to him and mayby we'd get a good game.
>>
>>332215040
So just like every game ever made except Ethnic Cleansing, Hatred, and Giopi: Mission Majority, then?
>>
>>332214625
Some sort of 4th wall breaking, tryhard gamergate/video games reference
>>
I'm going to keep my expectations as low as possible. That way the outcomes are limited to two options:
>it's shit: I expected this from the beginning and feel a smug sense of satisfaction from not being an idiot who threw their money at shafer
>it's good: I buy it and play it and enjoy it
>>
Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had, before Tim Schafer made some genuinely fun video games
>>
>>332214625
They're going to change the art style for no reason and then run out of money halfway through, then put it out on early access.
>>
These characters are ugly and unappealing, no wonder why no one picked up the original.
>>
psychonauts is my favourite 3d platformer so i'm pretty excited. on the other hand double fine has gone down the shitter and it may not be enough.

i'm gonna wait and see.
>>
>>332214962
>>332215197
Its already funded, nobody needs your money now
>>
None. the first was 6/10
>>
>>332214625
Nothing. I expect it to be SJW shit with cancer humor. It will be half finished and on early access. Half of the things will be cut anyway.

It will be worse than the original in every way possible, but the press and people will praise it as the best thing ever.
>>
>>332214625
Two levels.
Second kick starter.
one and a half more levels.

Mediocre writing, level design, and powers that will, in retrospect, make the original's generally alright to good stuff look excellent.

That's assuming they don't fold because of the fishy nature of their personal crowd-sourcing platform being investigated.
>>
>>332214625
The first game is one of my all-time favourite games. I replay it every year.

My expectations for this are very, very low.
>>
>>332215618
>he thinks that non-Sjws can only make edgy games.

The reason why you don't see a lot of non-SJW talk from game devs is not just because of everyone being a SJW, its just that if they say any opinion that is not politically correct they will get crucified for it.

>>332215443
>10 hours

More like a 3 hour first half then waiting 4 months for the other 2 hour half.
>>
A short, nice game with too many references and maymays. Not nearly as good as the first.
>>
>>332214625

Tim Schafer cannot be trusted, I have no expectations and no hype, but I'll be pleased to be pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: treating people with respect.png (182 KB, 599x604) Image search: [Google]
treating people with respect.png
182 KB, 599x604
>>332218591
>if they say any opinion that is not politically correct they will get crucified for it

I was reading a book (about interjections, oddly enough) yesterday which included the phrase “In these days of political correctness…” talking about no longer making jokes that denigrated people for their culture or for the colour of their skin. And I thought, “That’s not actually anything to do with ‘political correctness’. That’s just treating other people with respect.”

Which made me oddly happy. I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating other people with respect”, and it made me smile.

You should try it. It’s peculiarly enlightening.

I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking “Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!”
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.