[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this game keep trying to pit me in 1v12 gun battles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (47 KB, 325x462) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
47 KB, 325x462
Why does this game keep trying to pit me in 1v12 gun battles? That's the definition of artificial difficulty.
>>
what compelled you to make this shitty post
>>
>>332207895
What's shitty about it?
>>
>>332208025
everything, revise it and try again tomorrow
>>
>>332207721
That'she just about the opposite of "artificial difficulty"
>>
>>332208106
How so? It wouldn't be overly difficult if it was as little as 1v5.
>>
>>332208196
Do you know what "artificial difficulty" is?
>>
>>332208292
Difficulty created through arbitrary additions or restrictions rather than an actual mastery of game mechanics.
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636 KB, 986x897) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636 KB, 986x897
sounds like that OP needs to just git gud
>>
>>332208601
Incorrect. "Artificial difficulty" is creating a situation in which the player may lose through means unspecified to the player.
>>
>>332209229
Provide the official source for that definition.
>>
>>332209368
Burden of proof falls upon the party making the claim, so unless you can provide your own source, your claim of "artificial difficulty" is groundless. Until then, may I suggest you git gud
>>
okay i am going to play this game for the first time what do i need to do before i actually play it
>>
>>332209927
You can't say "No I'm right" and then have no actual justification more than me.
>>
>>332207721
Of course it's artificial, you're competing against a bunch of code running in real time with purposefully implemented reaction delay and inaccuracy.
>>
>>332208721
I wish I could replay STALKER for the first time again

Are there any mods that are worth playing if I've played the game to death, albeit that was some years ago?
I'm talking both SOC and CoP.
Or hell, even Clear Sky.
>>
>>332209989
You're going to die on the first mission, so steel yourself for that. Play on the hardest difficulty, and disable your crosshair. Trust me, it will only compell you to shitpost about how "I spent twenty minutes lining up a headshot and still missed".
>>
>>332209989
patience, and a warm cup of tea for extra coziness
explore everything, and play your first time vanilla
>>
You just have to headshot everyone one by one. There's nothing difficult about it.
>>
>>332209989
Install AMK.
Vanilla STALKER is a lukewarm experience and not that exciting, all it serves to do is dampen the impact when you finally decide to play it properly.
You only have one chance to play it for the first time, don't fuck it up.
>>
>>332210147
I will provide my official source after you provide yours. Until then, I don't need to because your claim is baseless. So I ask you again, can you define "artificial difficulty" and provide a source?
>>
It's reasonably possible to kill all eight of those Bandits with just the starting pistol. Protip: You don't kill all of them with just the pistol. It's not artificial, learn the mechanics and git gud fgt.

And please don't tell me that you're actually engaging in 1v12 by running out in the open trying to Rambo everyone.
>>
>>332210606
You don't have one.
>>
>>332209989
Here's everything you need
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>>
>>332211571
Yes I do.
>>
>>332207721
Lol if you think the vanilla game is difficult at all. It's a cakewalk compared to some mods out there. Try a 2difficult4u mod like AMK or some others i don't remember the name now and see what artificial difficulty really is.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.