[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ do you use fast travel? Is it EVER a good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 57767-1-1420112034.png (546 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
57767-1-1420112034.png
546 KB, 900x600
/v/ do you use fast travel? Is it EVER a good idea?
>>
>>332203227

Yes, yes.
>>
>>332203227
>have to get to one end of the map to the other
>everything inbetween is already cleared/waaayyyy under my level
Towards endgame it's almost a necessity, but closer to the beginning you should explore
>>
>>332203227
I used to, then I found out that it really adds a lot to many games not to.

Games like Fallout 3/4? Completely worth fast-traveling - they're shit games with shit worlds anyway.
>>
>>332203227
Literally the most fun you can have in Skyrim is traveling on foot to all nine holds.
>>
>>332203227
No, yes
>>
>>332203227
I don't get why people complain about it in Fallout so much given in Fallout 1&2 basically already had fast travel.
>>
File: life is forever sour.jpg (97 KB, 453x568) Image search: [Google]
life is forever sour.jpg
97 KB, 453x568
It was done perfectly in Morrowind. In Bethesda games since it's only undermined the whole open world concept
>>
>>332203227
Of course, but it wasn't a good idea to implement them as they are now in most beth rpgs
>>
>>332204427
It's also optional.

Don't want to use it? Fine.

I want to use it just because I hate wasting time running 20 minutes through an empty map.
>>
>>332204539
>that one quest where you had to make a pilgrimage to a shrine without speaking to anyone
>can't use silt striders to get there because that would require speaking to the driver/whatever
Morrowind is fucking GOAT.
>>
>>332203227
Yes, but first you need to explore.
>>
>>332203227
Yes. not only is it a good idea I think it is necessary for most larger games otherwise the tedium of walking around saps the enjoyment from the game.
>>
If they made morrowind have fast travel markers, i'd like it more. I still love it, and if all the content in morrowind stayed the same with the addition of iblivions changes to being able to make poisins, id be happy. Give it updated graphics and you have yourself the best rpg in the world.
>>
>>332204427
You had random encounters in 1&2 though. The later Fallout games have no risk involved. It just gets you out of a bad situation for free.
>>
>>332207718
The random encounters weren't particularly difficult.

Unless you had like 1 luck and 0 Outdoorsman the worst you were likely to find was a couple of greater molerats.

>It just gets you out of a bad situation for free.
The game doesn't let you fast travel if there's enemies nearby. Unless by bad situation you meant boring situation.
>>
>>332203227
>fast travel in new vegas
>DIE PROFLIGATE!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.