[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>indie game with retro graphics >requires Windows 7, 2GB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1450548928086.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1450548928086.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>indie game with retro graphics
>requires Windows 7, 2GB ram and the latest Pixel Shader version to even start up
>>
>game is written on the latest release of a language
>doesn't understand why it needs a somewhat recent version of an OS
c# 6.0 isn't going to work on win98
>>
Yeah, it bothers me as well. Many games these days are very poorly optimized, especially indie games.
>>
Is this a serious fucking complaint, how jaded do you have to be to still run fucking Vista/XP, not to mention having less than 2 fucking gb of ram?
:^)
>>
>>332178002
You really know nothing about technology, huh?

It requires win 7 because the devs programmed it for that OS or newer versions of it. Versions prior to 7 are as good as obsolete.

It requires 2GB RAM because it requires windows 7.

The shader part I kind of agree with though. If the game's just simple 2D, they should've made it compatible with the oldest version of the shader that's properly supported by the OS.
>>
>it emulates an old style therefore it should run on old hardware

Retard.
>>
>>332178002
so you want them to spend time and money coding for old obsolete hardware?
>>
>Minecraft require the equivalent of 970 back in the days to play
>>
>>332178220
Only fags would touch c#
>>
File: 4561235486.jpg (26 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
4561235486.jpg
26 KB, 312x312
>>332178002
>indie game with "retro" graphics
>"pixels" are diagonal
>>
it's retro graphics IN HD!
>>
>>332179045
Don't be so butthurt indie dev.
>>
>>332179719
I hate this.
>>
>uses anything other than win7 for video games
>doesn't even have 2GB RAM

Consider suicide.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.