[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You like Castlevania, don't you? What's your preferred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: latest[1].png (203 KB, 1800x1050) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
203 KB, 1800x1050
You like Castlevania, don't you?

What's your preferred style? Classic or Metroidvania?
Favorite protag?
Whip or Sword?
Jonathan or Charlotte?
Favorite song?
Have you ever had a party of 5 Somas and won?
What games do you play to fill the Castlevania shaped hole in your life?
>>
File: 1324849187384.jpg (10 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1324849187384.jpg
10 KB, 234x215
I've never played Castlevania.
>>
>>332171462
>What games do you play to fill the Castlevania shaped hole in your life?
Salt and Sanctuary's actually doing a pretty good of that at the moment, OP.
>>
>>332171506
I've heard good things about that. It is being released on PC, if I'm not mistaken. Gonna' take a look at it then.
>>
>>332171649
Yeah, the devs said that they're aiming to get the Windows and Vita versions out by June.
>>
>>332171462
Aw shit nigga, Castlevania thread, let's do this!

Metroidvania! Though Castlevania IV and Bloodlines are amazing.
>Protag
Alucard
Whip
Jonathan (no homo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgkxSkF7QOU&index=4&list=PL2F162B81B72D3F15

Still searching for that Castlevania fix. About to play La Mulana for the first time which is at least Metroidvania style.
>tfw no new Castlevania for 3DS
>implying Lords of Shadow garbage counts
>>
i liked both charlotte and jonathan and have done "challenge" runs with both (only being able to use a single character/whips only)
i have never had a party of 5 somas and won
i've never had a party of 3 somas and won
soma players ruin everything

i need cv hd on steam or like fucking anything
god i'd give up the world for an excuse to play that stuff from scratch again.
>>
>>332171496
upvoted ecks dee
>>
Neither; 3D adventure (LoI, CoD)
Richter
Whips if 3D, sword/spear if 2D
Shanoa
Dance of Pales, and Antisoul Mystery Lab
Didn't play the online memegame
Souls series
>>
The only Castlevania I own is COTM and I've played it so much I just can't enjoy it anymore.
>>
>>332171462
>Classic or Metroidvania?
Probably Classicvania but I really enjoy both as long as the games are well-made.
>Favorite protag
This is going to sound weird since I literally just talked about "well-made games" but I really like Juste Belmont's design in general, he's just cool. It's a shame he wasn't in a better game. Harmony of Dissonance was probably the weakest metroidvania. On top of being kind of ugly and sounding like shit, it was piss easy, although I guess the lack of difficulty accurately reflects what happens when you give magic powers to a Belmont when he doesn't even need them in the first place, that guy is a fucking powerhouse.
>Whip or Sword?
Whip.
>Jonathan or Charlotte?
Both. Can't have one without the other.
>Favorite song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M2kKZqd8XA
Nothing much, sadly.
>>
>>332171462
>What's your preferred style? Classic or Metroidvania?
Classic, though as a fan of Metroid and Castlevania games the Metroidvania styled games have a fond place in my heart as well.

>Favorite protag?
Probably Simon, if only because I've played through so many games with him as the main protagonist by now. Maybe Leon, in terms of characterization. Either way, it'd be Julius easily, if they had ever given him his own game.

>Whip or Sword?
Give me a whip any day.

>Jonathan or Charlotte?
In terms of actually playing as? Jonathan. I like Charlotte as a character more though.

>Favorite song?
Hard to say, since there's so many amazing songs in the whole series. Bloody Tears, Simon's Theme and Richter's Theme come to mind, but I think my absolute favorite is one people don't talk about much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iuB9PQ2Cg

>Have you ever had a party of 5 Somas and won?
I've never played as Soma in Harmony of Despair, so it never ended up like that.

I tend to just replay old Castlevania games. Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania The Adventure: Rebirth, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and Castlevania: Lament of Innocence the most of the batch.
>>
Classic

Richter

Vampire Killer

Johnny

Bloody Tears

No sense I've never played it
>>
>>332171462
Classic
Richter
Whip
Didn't play those ones so can't really say
Opus 13
No
Rondo of Blood, Castlevania 3, SOTN
Can't say I actually care for the metroidvanias too much.
>>
Metroidvania
Richter
Sword
Charlotte
Heart of Fire from CV1, or Wandering Ghosts from SotN
No
SotN, Aria, and CV4
>>
>>332174642
I'm honestly a little hyped because there's a game on Steam Greenlight that looks like it wants to be a tribute to Classicvania style, not Metroidvania.

I know, Steam Greenlight, but still.
>>
>OoE LV.1 hard
>bats are everywhere
>AAAAHH

this is my trauma. anyone starts talking about a game being hard, I'm making them try this shit out
>>
>>332171462

>What's your preferred style? Classic or Metroidvania?
Used to like Metroidvania, but recently decided Classicvanias are vastly superior.

>Favorite protag?
Trevor.

>Whip or Sword?
Whip. Failing that, Whip-Sword.

>Jonathan or Charlotte?
Never played that shit.

>Favorite song?
Wicked Child. Duh.

Harmony of Despair? Played it once or twice.

CV3. Duh.
>>
File: QZ96z.png (229 KB, 404x407) Image search: [Google]
QZ96z.png
229 KB, 404x407
>>332171462
>Classic
>Simon (Richter is alright too)
>Whip
>Jonathan
>Evergreen
>Never Played
>None because there's nothing like classic Castlevania
>>
File: Shanoa.jpg (161 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
Shanoa.jpg
161 KB, 774x1032
>>332171462
>Classic or Metroidvania?
Metroidvania was always more fun, but I get disappointed or irritated with the design of every fucking castle because they're either not as great as SotN/DoS or they do something annoying like the split castles in Harmony of Despair.
>Favorite protag?
Alucard for life, baby. Richter is also a classic, and Shanoa was also pretty enjoyable.
>Whip or Sword?
I like the sword focused games more, but I'd like to see more games that use both without using different characters on separate playthroughs. Portrait of Ruin had the right idea by having a whip only character and a magic character.
>Jonathan or Charlotte?
Oh, speaking of PoR. I guess Charlotte, she's cuter and I remember playing as her more.
>Favorite song?
Damn, a whole lot of tracks from SotN for sure. I can't even begin to decide on a favorite.
Never got to play that game, but I always wanted a generated Castlevania game.
I haven't bothered playing any other Metroidvania games these past few years, but the past few months I did play through all the GBA Castlevanias.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.