[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played any arkham games since City Is this any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Batman_Arkham_Origins.jpg (211 KB, 1280x704) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Origins.jpg
211 KB, 1280x704
I haven't played any arkham games since City

Is this any good? I really enjoyed the other two.
>>
"cold, cold hearth" dlc was fine
>>
>>332150912
bitch don't talk to me about DLC before I've ever bought the game.

Is the core game fun? Have they completely ruined the City experience because I thought that was the best superhero game I'd ever played.
>>
Not great, it's my least favorite(not a fav at all actually) of the .... well blackgate doesn't count, that's not a game it's an abortion.
>>
>>332151019
dlc was fine
core game was badly designed
>>
>>332150790

Origins isn't bad. It feels like a reprise of City and Asylum. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table though, which is good if you want more of the same.
>>
>>332151349
I heard they pretty much copy+pasted most of the city, is that true? I mean I can barely remember the game because it's been so long, but that would be disappointing
>>
File: 1458930847706.jpg (63 KB, 833x680) Image search: [Google]
1458930847706.jpg
63 KB, 833x680
>>332150790
It starts off alright but as time goes on it just gets worse and worse. So many obvious issues like the challenges being missable and that absolute awful Riddler pay-off.
>>
>>332151535

I don't think so, at least if they did, I didn't notice.
>>
imo City>Origins>Asylum>Knight

Origins is pretty similar to City.

the art direction is much better, they based the look off Batman Returns, I love the snow and Christmas lights look.

Combat is worse but the stealth is better.

Bosses are hit and miss. Some are one big collection of QTEs. The last fight with Bane is great and up there with Mr. Freeze.

Riddler puzzles are pretty much the same, if you enjoyed it in City you'll enjoy it in Origins.

The story is alright. Kevin Conroy is SORELY missed, Roger Craig Smith just does not sound right at all. WB fucked up by marketing it as a game about Black Mask, it's not at all.
I appreciate that as the game is about the first emergence of 'supervillains' in Gotham, they chose a less freaky/gimmicky, more grounded set of villains.

The biggest improvement is probably the open world. It's twice as big so the game isn't as claustrophobic.
>>
>>332151535
not most, about 1/3rd. There's the huge bridge which leads to a completely new area just as big as the area from Arkham City.
>>
Instead of another Deathstroke bossfight we have several Bane fights
It was alright
>>
>>332151632
How much gameplay am I looking at? 10? 20? 30? 40+ hours?

It's 20 bucks on steam right now so it's not too big of a deal, just need something to fill the week-long void of no school which makes me realize my life is empty and meaningless
>>
>>332151632
>Batman Returns, I love the snow and Christmas lights look.
This, really nice aesthetics.

>WB fucked up by marketing it as a game about Black Mask, it's not at all.
I appreciate that as the game is about the first emergence of 'supervillains' in Gotham
I wish it wouldn't have been about super villains at all. Just the first, more normal mob bosses... And let the game be more about investigation and puzzles.

Now this would have been like the real batman.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.