[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Hydra_001.jpg (44 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Hydra_001.jpg
44 KB, 620x349
How do i survive getting to this fag and then beat him?

A nigga here barely manages to beat the ice fags guarding him.
>>
>>332141309
1. Sell Dark Souls, it's the worst of the series.
2. Buy Demon's Souls
3. Play that instead. It's more wholesome
>>
>>332141309
you're too weak, come back to it later. preferably by end game when you're ready to do the dlc.
>>
>>332141309
Avoid the ice fags, they stop pursuing you once you get to the lake.
Once you get close to the hydra, it stops spewing water all over the place, then just hold your shield up when it tries to bite you and cut off the heads one by one. Mind your step while doing so.
>>
>Get Rusty Iron Ring
>Run past ice guys
>Hydra will kill them
>Equip Zweihander
>Use it to fuck up the heads in one hit
>>
>>332141309
Zigzag through his fuck-you missiles using the terrain as cover and don't be afraid to roll a lot. Once you're in the water (don't get TOO close or you'll fall through the deep end) hold up a really good shield or be ready to roll when he tries to headbutt you with all his heads. Go to the nearest head and cut the shit out of it until it falls off. Repeat with all his heads.
>>
bro it's so easy. kill ice fags with spells or if a weapon even better. u can do it, it's the hardest part. boss is ez. stand CLOSE by the boss in right corner i suggest so he doesn't shoot pew pews at you. Then hold your shield up til he strikes. then slap the shit outta him. They strike in same spots btw so if u see a strikeless spot, stand there next time then just take the heads down bruh come on now.
>>
Get close. Like in the water close. Careful, though, because if you get TOO close, there's a cliff face that you'll fall in an die.

Once you're close either use a 100% shield to block or learn to roll. After he head butt attacks, go two handed mode and fuck a bitch up.

This is one of the easier bosses once you get close.
>>
>>332141475
Where else do i go when i beat the butterfly and got the items near it?
>>
>>332141309
Bait the heads to strike and dodge. Hit heads until they die. Let the projectiles kill the ice demos

Ez
>>
File: 1352836395416.jpg (555 KB, 800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1352836395416.jpg
555 KB, 800x1800
>sprint
>get close
>he will head dive at you
>dodge
>complain that shockwaves killed you because you are shit at dodging
>get back to him again
>dodge properly
>hit heads
>kill all but 1
>realize devs fucked up and that one head is retarded
>spend 15 minutes shooting him with crossbow
>>
>>332141698
Just play the damn game nigga
>>
dont even need to have 100% shield. once u get 1 head u have an open spot to stand strike free slowly turning the boss into a headless chicken. Forget about rolling dude. Again i suggest corner to the right, which requires u kill at least a few ice fags (crystal fags to be specific), since u can get closest. Let us know how you do.
>>
>>332141698
That Hydra and the moonlight butterfly are both COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.

What else did you do? Did you kill gargoyls? did you kill Capra demon? Did you kill Qualaag?
>>
>>332141475
go ring the first bell if you haven't. after that don't go anywhere near darkroot basin, just go kill kapra then depths and then blightown and ring the second bell.
>>
>>332141309

You can make him kill the ice dudes with his projectiles. He one shots them you just gotta position yoursef right.

I haven't tried actually fighting him yet though since he looked too scary. I took my bitch ass to blighttown instead.
>>
>>332141446
These demons souls nostalgia hipsters need to fuck off. It was fine
>>
>love spears
>they're shit

Help.
>>
>>332142042
hey fuck you man
>>
>>332142063
Use halberds, theyre the best tbqhwyf
>>
File: Spear Reach.png (17 KB, 806x194) Image search: [Google]
Spear Reach.png
17 KB, 806x194
>>332142063
But spears are great.

Get a shield and poke faggots while you are guarding. Then get a pike for your secondary weapon and enjoy that long range until you get a demons spear.
>>
>>332141309
Come back later when your gear is upgraded and you're better. That thing is completely optional, and all killing it really does is let you free Dusk later so you can buy shit from her, and also open a backdoor to Treehugger forest.
>>
>tfw i'm at same spot
>tfw i took a different direction towards dark black knight
>tfw this fucking nigga is hard to kill

I killed one in the undead burg and i got fucking nothing. Still mad.
>>
>>332141309

Really easy once you get close. Kite the icefags and the waterballs will take them out. Get close to the hydra, dodge the head charges and hack and slash. Also watch the ground, if you get to close you'll fall through and drown.
>>
>>332142248
I'm too accustomed to playing offensively to sit behind a shield.
>>
took this bitch out right after got that dragon tail sword. p.s. get that dragon tail sword.
>>
>>332142380
They have a low chance to drop black knight weapons, so you have to be pretty lucky. You can get these weapons much later into the game if you can't get them, some of them are pretty OP for PvE anyway.(halberd)
>>
I once killed it by using the sniper crossbow from up on the cliff
>>
Define Parrying.
>>
>>332142920
Mashing L2 and hoping the half a frame lines up with your enemy's parry-able one frame.
>>
>>332141309
just use a great shield. the wooden one should be fine.
>>
>>332141953
>Did you kill gargoyls?
Yes
>did you kill Capra demon
Nope.
>Did you kill Qualaag?
Nope.
>>
>>332141309
This is the only thing in Dark Souls that freaked me the fuck out. Seriously felt really scared and disturbed fighting this thing.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.