[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a really legit, underrated beat-em-up. >Bright, colorful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: SW_30195_GBA_BXSHT_2D.jpg (113 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
SW_30195_GBA_BXSHT_2D.jpg
113 KB, 800x799
This is a really legit, underrated beat-em-up.

>Bright, colorful graphics, fluid animations, and a wide library of faithful sound effects bring the game to life.
>Very fun combat. Lots of different moves and combos. Like a 2D DMC; you attack one or a group of enemies while keeping an eye on whoever isn't currently in hitstun.
>Two very different characters with different campaigns, gameplay, and enemy types.
>Obi-Wan is a Jedi and plays like a defensive fighting game character. Solid hitboxes, force powers revolve around good reactionary adaptation (Force Shield gives you immunity to certain damage types for a little bit, Force Speed has i-frames and slows things down, Mind Trick stuns enemies, & can heal). Builds meter by blocking and healing. Has to fight clone troopers, tons of ranged projectile & explosive enemies later on.
>Anakin is a dark Jedi and is about relentless rushdown. Really fast moves, easily knocks down enemies. BRUTAL hits; tons of damage, literally overhead slams people with the saber. Force powers are all offensive (Attack buffs, choking, crowd control moves). Builds meter by attacking. Has to fight droids, and later Jedi (very tough).
>RPG-style upgrade system makes replaying missions for fun actually rewarding.
>Hardest difficulty is legitimately difficult. Like, holy shit.
>Robust multiplayer mode.

My only complaint is the game is fairly short. Like, we're talking maybe 3-4 hours if you power through. But there's replay value. The console version of this game was also pretty good although I think it had a lot more problems.
>>
Jesus, I played that game. Don't you unlock Mace Windu after you beat it? I remember you unlocked someone that was really powerful
>>
I loved it. One of the only games I ever 100 percented.
>>
>gba has 2 attack buttons
>combos

Somethings amiss..
>>
>>332132307
Can you play him in SP? I never knew that. I thought he was MP only.
>>
>>332132184
Sounds fun as fuck, there was a really good star wars jedi beat em up for the ps1 too but I can't remember the name. The multiplayer for that game was awesome.
>>
>>332133005
Jedi Power Battles?
>>
I just bought this game last week, it's as good as ohpee says. I wasn't expecting that much fun for a dollar.
>>
>>332134527
I think so, all I remember was it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>332134702
$6 here, worth every penny.
>>
Oh my god YES. This game blew my mind with how good it was when I was playing it as a kid.
>>
I love this game, finished it in one go, I just wanted to play it for five minutes to see if it was good.
>>
>>332132184
>Those fucking droid tanks
Loved this game though, still have it around somewhere.

Only bits that got me frustrated where the autoscrolling sections from what I remember
>>
>>332132184
DS version is the same but has simple starfighter battles. I'd say it's more like Streets of Rage than 2D DMC though
>>
File: 1447615794357.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1447615794357.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>>
>>332136659
was it treason?
>>
>>332136659
Good, Anakin, good...
>>
>>332136659
the tragedy of darth plagueis the wise
>>
One of the best GBA game, never got to play it with a friend though. Was multiplayer any good?
>>
File: treason.gif (617 KB, 664x550) Image search: [Google]
treason.gif
617 KB, 664x550
>>
File: 1446147488036.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
1446147488036.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>
>>332136659
So this is the dark side of the force.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.